Forza Motorsport 3

Can't say i have had any interest in the game at all till recently and the list i looked at was from 2007

It looks ok but even with all assists off it seemed too easy compared to gtr evo and Shift. none of the cars in the demo could oversteer even if you tried to.

For me and some others, this title is just a filler for the real deal coming out sometime next year.

The 8 player grid racing and lack of practise and qualification is a disappointment for me as was Shift with only 8 car grids. If you played gtr evo you would see how great a race is with 20+ cars.

The graphics look nice, could be better though and the customizable paint i do not care at all as i just wanna "race".

I hope to god that you can unlock cars and earn alot of credits through online racing as i cannot be asked to do career mode. I only did career mode on forza 2 so that i can unlock and upgrade my cars but career mode got boring pretty quickly.

In forza 2, when you win a race, you hardly got any credits. Its as if their was "more" incentives in winning against the ai then against real human opponents? shouldn't it be the other way round?

Like Footy games, i care more about online than offline as the AI on both counts are shocking and this review even mentions how the AI is either super easy or super hard.

Im still going to pick this up though but this is just to fill the gap for me for when the other racing game comes out.

Last edited:
Sorry, Jonney, I don't like picking apart posts but on this occasion:

It looks ok but even with all assists off it seemed too easy compared to gtr evo and Shift. none of the cars in the demo could oversteer even if you tried to.

Really? I can get the Ferrari and the Porsche to oversteer quite easily, the latter too much so. The Evo and the Audi R8 are four wheel drive so you're not going to get the back end out on those. And the Mini is, well, a Mini.

jonneymendoza said:
The graphics look nice, could be better though

What, you think the 360 can do much better than this! I think the graphics are stunning.

jonneymendoza said:
For me and some others, this title is just a filler for the real deal coming out sometime next year.

I hope GT5 lives up to the hype for your sake. GT needs to improve on the sterile driving experience of the past if it is to be more engaging to play than Forza.

Sorry, Jonney, I don't like picking apart posts but on this occasion:

Really? I can get the Ferrari and the Porsche to oversteer quite easily, the latter too much so. The Evo and the Audi R8 are four wheel drive so you're not going to get the back end out on those. And the Mini is, well, a Mini.

Maybe in the final build it should be fine but it seeems a bit too easy to handle on a pad.

What, you think the 360 can do much better than this! I think the graphics are stunning.

Yes it can do better. it looks good dont get me wrong but their is always room for improvement especialy when you compare the Graphics to even GT5p which imo looks better than this , i would give the graphics of this an 8.5/10 mate :(

I hope GT5 lives up to the hype for your sake. GT needs to improve on the sterile driving experience of the past if it is to be more engaging to play than Forza.

Well it might be good but my main racing game im on about is Rfactor 2 which if its anything like Rfactor, it has already beaten FM3 for handling, car selection, online play, and track selection hands down already.

GT5 may be good and should be equally as good as this. we'll see anyway but because i own all platforms of gaming, i got a lot of choices for racing games mate.

In bold is my response.

Are the French PS3 fanboys?
Eurogamer in general are VERY picky with their reviews though. an 8/10 is bloody great for their standard so dont you worry mate. O and just because its an 8 does that mean they cant drive? seriously guys come on now, 8/10 is a bloody good score for fucksakes. 7/10? then you can question the reviewer but 8/10? ummm

In bold is my response.

Fair enough, Rfactor2 does look amazing. I still think it's unfair to compare Forza 3 to GT graphically. The PS3 is a more powerful console after all, and even GT Prologue was in production for a ridiculous length of time. Forza 3 looks better than Forza 2 and runs at 60fps. I think that's as much as I can ask for on the 360.

Well, I loved Forza and Forza 2, so I'm truly looking forward to this. However, for Teamxbox to award it a 9.8/10 for Graphics is perhaps going a bit too far. They're good, undoubtedly, but they certainly aren't 9.8/10 good.

Eurogamer in general are VERY picky with their reviews though. an 8/10 is bloody great for their standard so dont you worry mate. O and just because its an 8 does that mean they cant drive? seriously guys come on now, 8/10 is a bloody good score for fucksakes. 7/10? then you can question the reviewer but 8/10? ummm

What did they give Forza 2? For me Forza 3 is a 9/10 game if the demo is anything to go by.

Eurogamer is split into many factions, that one above being the French version. I'm pretty sure the UK version will award it higher than 8/10, but as Jonney said, they are very picky. I think they gave Fifa 2010 a 9/10.

What do you get in the limited edition?

• Custom Case
  • 2GB USB Stick
  • Premium Keyring
  • Access to VIP program (including preferential treatment in certain online areas such as the auction house)
  • 5 Custom Cars (pre-tuned and detailed by Turn 10)
  • Classic Car Pack
  • Premium NXE Theme
  • Custom item of Avatar clothing
  • Game disc, manual, and LIVE trial card

• Custom Case
  • 2GB USB Stick
  • Premium Keyring
  • Access to VIP program (including preferential treatment in certain online areas such as the auction house)
  • 5 Custom Cars (pre-tuned and detailed by Turn 10)
  • Classic Car Pack
  • Premium NXE Theme
  • Custom item of Avatar clothing
  • Game disc, manual, and LIVE trial card

Thanks

I like the idea of selling vinyl designs now because i am shite at making them and some on forza 2 looked awesome

Online sounds great as well

The graphics are 9/10 on my screen i dont know about your lots :)

Same here. I was blown away by how sharp the graphics look, especially the mountainous background. I think this is the 360 pushed to it's limit so I don't understand how some people feel it could be improved.

That really is. How are Blockbuster for pre-orders, i.e. delivery?

I've had the standard version on pre-order for months now so I'm a bit hesitant to cancel. Plus I'm not sure if the collectors edition is worth it?

Well, I've cancelled my pre-order with Amazon and now have 2 options :

1. Order the one from Blockbuster @ £39.99
2. Order one from Game @ £54.99

That may sound raaather silly, but hear me out, as I have a Game store card with £75 worth of credit. Now, do I slap Forza 3 LCE on that and basically get the game for nothing, or do I pay £15 less to Blockbuster and still have £75 credit on my card for other games coming out, such as COD MW2?

Hmm. It's a pickle.

As for your question, Blockbuster use the same delivery service as ShopTo, so you should receive the game on release day, if not sooner.

Back
Top Bottom