Forza Motorsport 3

Well, quite. But as IGN pointed out, that's not in itself a bad thing :

The great thing about Forza 3 is that it encourages even the novice to take off the training wheels and drive freely with the assists off. A rewind function allows you to instantly skip backwards in five-second intervals during a race. Misjudge your speed on a tight corner? Rewind. Get tapped from behind and spin out? Rewind. Your cat jumps on your face causing you to crash into a wall? Rewind. There's no penalty for using the rewind and no limit. Some might call this a "win" button, but I think the rewind is a crucial addition to Forza 3. It can become a crutch at times, but it also frees you to kick the difficulty up to a higher level and get a true appreciation for your car.

At the end of the day, you're the one in control of the rewind function. Don't like it? Don't use it.

Well, quite. But as IGN pointed out, that's not in itself a bad thing :

At the end of the day, you're the one in control of the rewind function. Don't like it? Don't use it.

What about trying to beat times you just know all the top times will have used the rewind feature.

This is why GT will piss on it from a great height.

What about trying to beat times you just know all the top times will have used the rewind feature.

This is why GT will piss on it from a great height.

Yeah that is a fair point, and I don't know how they'll control that in the long term. But you're only cheating yourself and all that. I believe they will show if the Rewind function was used on the lap time on the leaderboards, but I may be wrong.

I honestly don't know if GT5 will conquer Forza this time around. It's just taken that long to arrive, and by the time it's here, Forza 4 will be well under development to make things even better. We'll have to wait and see I guess. It's just a shame both games are limited to one console.

Reading between the lines this rewind feature has upset a lot of people and it may affect sales and game popularity.

But we will see.

I don't mind seeing the feature in more Arcade titles, but Forza has always claimed to be a serious driving simulator.

It wouldn't be so bad if they only had a couple of seconds rewind, but its infinite.

Please understand my views are based on somebody who has not played the demo.

Reading between the lines this rewind feature has upset a lot of people and it may affect sales and game popularity.

But we will see.

I don't mind seeing the feature in more Arcade titles, but Forza has always claimed to be a serious driving simulator.

It wouldn't be so bad if they only had a couple of seconds rewind, but its infinite.

Please understand my views are based on somebody who has not played the demo.

From the demo, the rewind function was only available for a certain period of time. It wasn't infinite, anyway. Whether this will be the same for the full game I don't know.

I'm presuming it will be 1000% better than Prologue. I don't even have a PS3 and I considered buying it and smashing it up.

The funny thing is though people are coming in here comparing GT5 to Forza 3 when Prologue wasn't even as good as any Forza so how can they be compared when GT5 hasn't been played by anyone so they have no idea what state it is in?

For all people know it could be the shambles like Prologue was but still come here to stir a bit of stuff up :)

GT wont piss on anything unless its a hell of alot better than that Prologue one
Prologue is a bloody Alpha version of the full GT5. The full GT5 will be like night and day compared to Prologue (i can bet u my 360) but thats going off topic anyway.

You make it sound as if prolouge is the worse racing game known to man as i get the impression that forza blows it away completely? i would honestly say prolouge is not as good as forza 2 BUT not far behind being equaliy as good. Again, how can you compare a alpha build to a full game?

Look at the video i linked. why cant i see much different to forza 2 graphicly and why does shift look better imo?

you said forza 3 gets a 9/10 in your eyes. surely shift gets a 10/10? hehe.

Yes its a shame both gt and forza are not multi platform but guess what. GET BOTH consoles and your laughing mate.

look at me, i get to enjoy both forza AND GT while the majority have nothing but forza or GT to play for their semi sim racing needs.

i see people buy playseats and £300 fanatic wheels yet they refuse to buy a ps3 or a 360 instead? if i diddnt have a ps3 or a 360, i wouldnt spend my money on a playseat or an expensive wheel, i would just get the console i dont have and experience both forza and GT as well as the thousands of other exclusive titles out on both machines.

best of both worlds mates:WORSHIP:

Last edited:
Prologue is a bloody Alpha version of the full GT5. The full GT5 will be like night and day compared to Prologue (i can bet u my 360) but thats going off topic anyway.

You make it sound as if prolouge is the worse racing game known to man as i get the impression that forza blows it away completely? i would honestly say prolouge is not as good as forza 2 BUT not far behind being equaliy as good. Again, how can you compare a alpha build to a full game?

Look at the video i linked. why cant i see much different to forza 2 graphicly and why does shift look better imo?

you said forza 3 gets a 9/10 in your eyes. surely shift gets a 10/10? hehe.

Yes its a shame both gt and forza are not multi platform but guess what. GET BOTH consoles and your laughing mate.

look at me, i get to enjoy both forza AND GT while the majority have nothing but forza or GT to play for their semi sim racing needs.

i see people buy playseats and £300 fanatic wheels yet they refuse to buy a ps3 or a 360 instead? if i diddnt have a ps3 or a 360, i wouldnt spend my money on a playseat or an expensive wheel, i would just get the console i dont have and experience both forza and GT as well as the thousands of other exclusive titles out on both machines.

best of both worlds mates:WORSHIP:

I have heard all that 50%-70% bulid and Alpha shite on here before and its always the same when people are comparing games hoping that the newer one will be leaps and bounds better then the older one when they know the game they are comparing with better (PES10 is a prime example).

And said Forza 3 graphics look 9/10 on my screen not the gameplay and like i said before shitty pictures and videos dont do justice to anything so i dont care what they look like what matter is what it looks like on my PJ and it looks stunning

To me Forza is a hell of alot better than Prologue that's why im not buying into all "how good GT5" well be because prologue wasn't even like you were driving cars it was more like tanks and i would put Shift ahead of it as well

This is the most important thing to read here to understand what i am getting at and not just going off on one because its on the PS3 if people think that. What i am saying is GT5 may well be a great game when it comes out but atm there is no suggestions of that as we haven't played it and the only thing we can go on is Prologue which imo is shite

and all this is totally off topic but i have been forced to go that way :)

No I'm sorry, but GT5 won't feel much different at all from GT5p.

They redeveloped the engine for GT5p and they've stayed in that direction, you can tell it pretty much plays exactly the same from the videos that have been posted.

Lets not forget that not only was GT4 exactly like GT4 Prologue, but also was just like GT3.

It'll be better than GT5p but it'll still play the same. If you like that (I didn't mind it) then it's fine. If you're expecting massive changes and for it to feel completely different then you're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm really looking forward to this game, and have my LE on order. What alot of people have to remember, this is Turn 10's third full release and Polyphony Digital have yet to release a complete game since GT4 (if you dont count GT PSP). Graphically they have hit the limit on here with Forza 3 I think. It looks amazing running, Forza 4 will be on whatever console MS make next I think. Turn 10 will just support this game with DLC till that happens.

The funny thing is though people are coming in here comparing GT5 to Forza 3 when Prologue wasn't even as good as any Forza so how can they be compared when GT5 hasn't been played by anyone so they have no idea what state it is in?

For all people know it could be the shambles like Prologue was but still come here to stir a bit of stuff up :)

I know what you mean. It's like it's a given that GT5 will be the greatest console racing game ever, when the recent history of the series suggests otherwise. The graphics look on another level but will the driving experience still be rather dull?

Don' t take this post too seriously...this about driving wheels and seats and all those things.
I'm far older than most here.
Most of my friends find it "amazing" (to put it very mildly) that i'm a gamer. I try to explain one of my passions (i'm also a very avid reader, which seems peculiar for a gamer to my friends) but it's useless...they think gaming is for childeren or for younger people...

But (and this wil be typical for my generation i suppose) to me there are limits...playing golf on a wii...not for me...
And playin racing games (which i like much) with a driving wheel and a seat....sorry but that's a couple of bridges too far...i think my wife and kids would have the time of their life laughing with me (and all 3 of them are gamers...).

But like i said, don't take it too serious...

Oh and it's splendid that there is a rewind function, i will try it at once on the demo...i love cheating....it's only a game...i love to have the illusion to be the best coach in the world or to be the best driver in the world or master of the universe...i know better of course...but it's all harmless escapism...that's also why i'm not so sure about online gaming...far too competitive. All about ego's...that spoils it for me.

Don' t take this post too seriously...this about driving wheels and seats and all those things.
Most of my friends find it "amazing" (to put it very mildly) that i'm a gamer. I try to explain one of my passions (i'm also a very avid reader, which seems peculiar for a gamer to my friends) but it's useless...they think gaming is for childeren or for younger people...

But (and this wil be typical for my generation i suppose) to me there are limits...playing golf on a wii...not for me...
And playin racing games (which i like much) with a driving wheel and a seat....sorry but that's a couple of bridges too far...i think my wife and kids would have the time of their life laughing with me (and all 3 of them are gamers...).

Oh and it's splendid that there is a rewind function, i will try it at once on the demo...i love cheating....it's only a game...i love to have the illusion to be the best coach in the world or to be the best driver in the world or master of the universe...i know better of course...but it's all harmless escapism...that's also why i'm not so sure about online gaming...far too competitive. All about ego's...that spoils it for me.

Good post :COOL:

I know what you mean. It's like it's a given that GT5 will be the greatest console racing game ever, when the recent history of the series suggests otherwise. The graphics look on another level but will the driving experience still be rather dull?
recent history? a lot of people loved past GT games. GT is still a bigger brand then forza. GT is like the "mario" of racing games so to speak regardless of your views.

I agree, no point comparing the two until their is a least a demo of gt5 out of some form or when the full game is released so all in all you and i cant assume that forza 3 will be better or worse than gt5 mate.

Forza 3 is here soon so lets stick with forza 3 and play that.

Someone told me I was a sad and to get laid because I was playing COD4 at 31 years of age :)
Gaming for me is just entertainment like films or books or TV, maybe stamp collecting could be a more acceptable hobby for us old gits.

The last paragraph is quality, well put. The whole post is good though :TU:

Someone told me I was a sad and to get laid because I was playing COD4 at 31 years of age :)
Gaming for me is just entertainment like films or books or TV, maybe stamp collecting could be a more acceptable hobby for us old gits.

I think it's worse being 14,15,16 and sitting in playing games all day rather than partying and getting laid.

Should you be partying and getting laid at those ages? ;)

haha Well I'd imagine that it would be more cooler in the eyes of the youth of today for a teen to go out and party and get drunk and get laid than some 30 year old man (who probably has a wife/partner and kids) attempting to do it.

haha Well I'd imagine that it would be more cooler in the eyes of the youth of today for a teen to go out and party and get drunk and get laid than some 30 year old man (who probably has a wife/partner and kids) attempting to do it.

Yup. That'll be me, but with only one 2 year old daughter at the moment. Whereas my mate, who is 31, is single and still on the pull every single weekend. The ironic thing is he wants to settle down and have a life like mine.

The graphics are 9/10 on my screen i dont know about your lots :)

is your pj 1080p daz?

i bought a new one yesterday after my ebay experience and it is glorious 1080p! can't wait to play some forza on it later tonight...

i got myself a sanyo z700, brand new from ebuyer! :APPLAUD:

is your pj 1080p daz?

i bought a new one yesterday after my ebay experience and it is glorious 1080p! can't wait to play some forza on it later tonight...

i got myself a sanyo z700, brand new from ebuyer! :APPLAUD:

Yeah mine is the Sanyo Z2000 :)

And its fucking stunning, every time my mates watch Sky HD on it they always comment on how good it looks :LOL:

Forza looks the nuts on it ill tell you now, as do most game really ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom