Forza Motorsport 3

I've been there, and I'm still doing the same ten years later.

Don't worry, I hate myself enough already.

In a serious way, I regret growing up being a gamer. No doubt about it, I'm a social retard!!

Hate parties, very uncomfortable around people, dont really drink and havent got many mates now.

I'm sure if I 'got out there' during my teenage years, I'd be a completely different person. I'm happy with my life now at 33, but just wonder how different things could have been!...

In a serious way, I regret growing up being a gamer. No doubt about it, I'm a social retard!!

Hate parties, very uncomfortable around people, dont really drink and havent got many mates now.

I'm sure if I 'got out there' during my teenage years, I'd be a completely different person. I'm happy with my life now at 33, but just wonder how different things could have been!...
Yep, I think a lot of us are in the same boat, perhaps more than we realise... And what's worse is that my nephew is doing exactly what I did, and is going to have exactly the same quality of life I have, and there's not a lot you can do to stop it apart from dragging him out to play football once in a while (which he now hates because his dad tried to force him to watch football and play football before he was even ten, most sports are a no-go for him now because of how forceful he was - I don't blame him, it would be enough to put you off for life). It's really sad. :(

(How far off-topic can a thread go...)

lol i managed both easily mate. i grew up playing games yet i still did the usual stuff that teenagers do back then. i only stopped going to night clubs etc because i am married but i dont spend hardly any time gaming during the weekends. I only manage maybe 5-6 hours of game time a week and thats nothing compared to most people here at ti for double if not tripple that!

I see people complete games like bioshock and uncharted with a weeks play but for me it takes a few months to do so :LOL:

its very easy to balance gaming time and other things. Infact tomorrow im going to play some real football with my mates as i normaly do every saturday :) come on lads try and balance shit out! get teh most of life man. i love games just as much as you lot!

lol i managed both easily mate. i grew up playing games yet i still did the usual stuff that teenagers do back then. i only stopped going to night clubs etc because i am married but i dont spend hardly any time gaming during the weekends. I only manage maybe 5-6 hours of game time a week and thats nothing compared to most people here at ti for double if not tripple that!

I see people complete games like bioshock and uncharted with a weeks play but for me it takes a few months to do so :LOL:

its very easy to balance gaming time and other things. Infact tomorrow im going to play some real football with my mates as i normaly do every saturday :) come on lads try and balance shit out! get teh most of life man. i love games just as much as you lot!

I'm the same and am out every weekend still and play football once or twice each week

damn they even let 12 year olds drink in England??!?!?!?!?!?

Well duh, who else gonna buy the booze for the 9 year olds?! :P

Seriously though, lets try and keep each post at least somewhat on topic.

Anyone have any idea if Blockbuster delivers outside of the UK?

Is it only 8 cars offline as well as online? I can't remember what it was in 2, but it's bad enough online so it can't really be called a simulation if it only has 8 car races and no qualifying...

Is it only 8 cars offline as well as online? I can't remember what it was in 2, but it's bad enough online so it can't really be called a simulation if it only has 8 car races and no qualifying...
Thats the thing rob, its not a simulator. Sim racers tend to be released only on the pc's such has gtr evo and the up and comming rfactor 2 which both have qualifications rounds and over 20 car grid online.

Use your pc if you want sim racing or hope for a miracle that GT5 does the job?

edit: i think its 8 for both online and offline because Turn 10 said they reduced it to 8 because of framerate issues not bandwidth issues.

rFactor 2 will be incredible... i'll probably invest in a good wheel with force feedback as well as upgrade my PC to play just that one game...

I know i'm normally a non-PC gamer and have been a bit harsh on the PC platform and the people who use it in the past, but rFactor 2 offers just about EVERYTHING every console racer has combined and MORE (when mods are added)...

Last edited by a moderator:

It's 8 cars online in Forza 2. I'm surprised you thought it was bad online. I've had many great Forza nights online. As long as you get a decent crowd together you can have some really close, clean racing.

Some of the best Xbox Live experiences I've had.

It's 8 cars online in Forza 2. I'm surprised you thought it was bad online. I've had many great Forza nights online. As long as you get a decent crowd together you can have some really close, clean racing.

Some of the best Xbox Live experiences I've had.
Go and play rfactor or gtr evo with 20 players online and then come back to us with that statement ;)

I've always been a gamer but I was good at all sports I turned my hand to (earned quite a bit playing footy), enjoy a top piss-up and got plenty of mates (judging by the amount that came to my abroad stag and the ones that came to my one back home).

I still go out when I want, got 2 great sons and a top wife (she been moaning a bit more recently though).

Had my fun with the ladies aswell... back in the day.

I'm just great though :)

So basically PB, you are/were just a sad bastard! :)
My legs don't allow me to play footy as much IRL so I enjoy playing it online (I always revert back to footy games).

Sort your act out geeks.

Oh yeah, Forza 3 looks good. Better get that in there.

Last edited:
Go and play rfactor or gtr evo with 20 players online and then come back to us with that statement ;)
One thing I hate is having to play inferior alternatives for my favourite types of games...
My number 1 favourite type of game is obviously football and I got a console mainly to play NG FIFA so I wouldn't have to play the (imo) much inferior PES or PC FIFA.

Number 2 for me is racing games... this is the annoying part because the best racing games are on PC and most of the console racers have very little content (i.e. lacking cars, tracks, championships) whilst after a week of having rFactor I had loads of different championships to play (including many F1 Championships from different seasons), too many tracks to count (including all F1 tracks) and probably over 1000 cars.
The only reason I don't play it a lot is that I only have a cheap wheel and my PC is too crap meaning the loading times/graphics/framerate suck...

Forza's gameplay is fairly good, but that doesn't make up for the lack of content (in 2 anyway, not read up all the facts on 3)

People will go on and on about Forza 3 and GT5 as the big racing games in the coming year or two but rFactor 2 > both of them.

I know you're only joking about, but I shouldn't have to qualify my statement. Even with only 8 cars Forza 2 was awesome online. I've played Race Pro (from Simbin) online and that was decent but Forza was the most fun.

OK I'm off to find a £1000 to buy a decent PC and play GTR and Rfactor.;)

I know you're only joking about, but I shouldn't have to qualify my statement. Even with only 8 cars Forza 2 was awesome online. I've played Race Pro (from Simbin) online and that was decent but Forza was the most fun.

OK I'm off to find a £1000 to buy a decent PC and play GTR and Rfactor.;)

Sorry but are you still living in the 80's? i can spec you a pc half that price that can play almost any game out today on the pc let alone GTR and Rfactor that has a graphic engine thats 3+ years old that my 3 year old laptop can handle at max settings.

You really got to have a piece of shit pc to not be able to play GTR and Rfactor.

One thing I hate is having to play inferior alternatives for my favourite types of games...
My number 1 favourite type of game is obviously football and I got a console mainly to play NG FIFA so I wouldn't have to play the (imo) much inferior PES or PC FIFA.

Number 2 for me is racing games... this is the annoying part because the best racing games are on PC and most of the console racers have very little content (i.e. lacking cars, tracks, championships) whilst after a week of having rFactor I had loads of different championships to play (including many F1 Championships from different seasons), too many tracks to count (including all F1 tracks) and probably over 1000 cars.
The only reason I don't play it a lot is that I only have a cheap wheel and my PC is too crap meaning the loading times/graphics/framerate suck...

Forza's gameplay is fairly good, but that doesn't make up for the lack of content (in 2 anyway, not read up all the facts on 3)

People will go on and on about Forza 3 and GT5 as the big racing games in the coming year or two but rFactor 2 > both of them.

Why not get a fanatic wheel? can be used for forza 3 and rfactor 2. Seriously look at the pc gaming scene, you can spec a decent rig for around 400-500 nowadays.

The thing is, if Rfactor 2 came out on the 360, how many here would enjoy it? People here have been complaining a lot about nfs shift when its just a cut down version of GTR/Rfactor under the hood. what more if its Rfactor 2?

Wheres the fun in Rfactor 2 for console users when they cant use suggested lines and no instant rewind feature? Can the xbox live cope with 20+ players online on p2p?

What about user made mods? has that been done on the 360 yet?

Mods is what makes pc gaming stand out and one of the main reasons why you love racing games more on the pc's. This is why EA are scared to implement the exact same version of fifa 10 on the pc;s because many wont buy the 2nd rated version of the game.

Imagine if fifa 10 next gen was on the pc? i can bet you a million pounds that most of the manager mode bugs would have been fixed by modders already.

Last edited:
Sorry but are you still living in the 80's? i can spec you a pc half that price that can play almost any game out today on the pc let alone GTR and Rfactor that has a graphic engine thats 3+ years old that my 3 year old laptop can handle at max settings.

You really got to have a piece of shit pc to not be able to play GTR and Rfactor.

Ok, I'll put it another way. Perhaps I'd rather play games on consoles? I know that every game has been optimised for my machine, it costs less than £300 quid and will last me about 5 or 6 years.

I don't want to go off topic any further but I'm not interested in PC gaming.:TU:

PC Gaming is dying. It holds a grip on a few genres, and it's being beaten out of them too. PC Sim racing, PC Strategy... some PC shooters... and that's it. The money isn't there - piracy is rife - and slowly but surely the games are improving.

Forza 3's main failure is the lack of numbers. People want everything - graphics, physics, content... and we lose out on the numbers of cars on the track.

I'd love to see 16 - or even 12. 12 feels a lot bigger than 8 somehow. 8 is just so low. I know some people would like 20, 30, et cetera, but 12 would make me a happy bunny.

The 360 isn't powerful enough - and people want graphics. So, there you go. That's why the PC sims look awful in comparison to the beautiful Forza and the more beautiful GT5.

I'm excited for Forza 3. I have two main issues. The first one is the ABSURD inflation of the number of tracks. When you go through it.. it's just obscene.

I'm counting the tracks right now. I'm putting down a 1 where I think - I want to drive that track... a 0 where it's one which is reversed, or a tiny version I don't care for. Out of the 136 or so tracks - how many do I care for? Less than half. There are an OBSCENE number of ludicrously bland rings, of various shape (triangles, ovals, egg shapes, et cetera)... 14 of them. The cheek of having the OPPOSITE version too!

I'm surprised they don't have drag strip reverses! The horrid snake tracks return in all their horror. The Italian coastal road, the Japanese mountain, and the Spanish mountain roads... are stunning though. I can't wait to do the Circuit de Montserratt (or the Camino Viejo Extreme) which is a track encompassing the demo track (all but the last corner and straight), and two of the other tracks, with mountain passes in between.

The new real tracks are dull though - Road America from the DLC, Circuit de Catalunya and Motegi. Bit of a snore fest. Hopefully Catalunya is good because I can remember loathing Motegi.

Far too many of their real tracks are the dull ones - Silverstone and Sebring are awful. I wish they had a Monaco, or a Monza or a Spa...

As for the rather depressing social commentary... I assure you most people find it all as empty as you and if they don't... you know what they say: Ignorance is bliss. You are who you are. If you enjoy being what you are now - I wouldn't trade that in for a possibility of more happiness - because you generally wouldn't find it.

Last edited:

You sound just like me. Footy games is definitely my number 1 and for that, it has to be console. But racing sims is my number 2 (I don't have a number 3...I only like footy and racing) and consoles just don't do it for that. I like Simbin's RacePro, but every other console racer just lacks too much. Forza 3 sounds decent, but the more I read about it, the more I see that there are too many area it lacks...8 cars per race is just not good enough, and that's just one of many aspects. However, I can imagine that an 8 car online race could be great, provided you get 7 other decent players. However, I can imagine it will largely be kids smashing you off at turn 1. That's where console racing online really fails...too many annoying kids.

But like Jamezinho, below, I like having a console because I know the game is optimised for that machine and I'm not missing out on the best gfx effects or frame rates because my PC isn't up to scratch (it's nearly 10 years old, so probably can't even play PacMan without stuttering).

All the best racing sims clearly are, and always have been, on PC, and given the prices of decent spec PCs now, I'm starting to get tempted to upgrade. It's been about 5-6 years since I last did any PC sim racing online (way back when my pc was still relatively "modern"), but I remember it as being largely mature racers who wanted to race, not to crash. I'm sure the average age of the PC sim racer is supposed to be something like 35-45. I seem to recall racing against one or two who were over 60!

Ok, I'll put it another way. Perhaps I'd rather play games on consoles? I know that every game has been optimised for my machine, it costs less than £300 quid and will last me about 5 or 6 years.

Yep, football and racing games are what are in my console 90% of the time... Other games such as shooters, even if they get really high review scores everywhere, just don't hold my interest at all... I'll complete them and have done with them.

The only games other than FIFA and PGR that i've played a lot are Skate 2, GTA IV and Top Spin 3...

Back
Top Bottom