Forza Motorsport 3

full damage, no assists and manual shifting (no clutch) is the way i roll, stops people just powering in to corners and you do people on the brakes and you can't just floor it out of corners.

The good thing about it though is the it takes it al into account on your scores (leaderboard) but it obviously would affect a live race between us all

I loved doing manual with the clutch on the few games i tried it but its just to awkward. Ill give manual without clutch a go tonight

Playing this game with assists on is like playing a completely different game. Forza was made for none of them to be on. :D

Because I've never had a Forza game before, it's gonna take time for me to get used to no assists. Been playing with all but ABS off though and got a 1.07.something in the R8.

I adore that car.

I need a wheel to play this on... it really is average with the controller (as most racing games are).

I've tried it a few times and I always just slide off and crash. :FAIL:

Are you just pulling the left trigger in all the way to brake? That'll just lock your wheels up. You need to treat it like an actual brake pedal. Gradually pull it in to engage the brakes.

When you get used to it more you'll be able to judge how harsh you can be with it, and for different cars as well, which is when it gets really rewarding. :)

I know that was a joke, but it's actually true as well :) - it's impossible to be as fast with the controller as with a wheel, so yes, I am average when using a controller but I also feel you have no chance of getting the best out of the game without a wheel.

Just updated my Audi time. New record for me is 1:05.047.

Damn thousanths, would have been nice to be sub 5 secs. :(

With a controller too Rob. ;) But yeah I'd be tempted by a wheel for Forza, if I had the room for one.

Are you just pulling the left trigger in all the way to brake? That'll just lock your wheels up. You need to treat it like an actual brake pedal. Gradually pull it in to engage the brakes.

When you get used to it more you'll be able to judge how harsh you can be with it, and for different cars as well, which is when it gets really rewarding. :)

.........and it's also worth adjusting the brake pressure settings (in the full game that is) if you find that you are locking up too easily and prefer to stamp on the brake pedal. This game gets pretty deep with no assists.

I know that was a joke, but it's actually true as well :) - it's impossible to be as fast with the controller as with a wheel, so yes, I am average when using a controller but I also feel you have no chance of getting the best out of the game without a wheel.

Actually, I was much faster with the pad in Forza 2. But the steering wheel wasn't implemented as well as it is in Forza 3 so that may be why.

Friggin hell! You guys are setting MAD times.

1.05?!!?!?!?!?

I can't even get under 1.10!

Tips?

My mate beat me yesterday and got 1:08

not bad for saying he's only had about 4 races on it

little hotlapping going on? i am in.

what's the "trick" to unlock time trial in the demo again?

Back
Top Bottom