Forza Motorsport 3

Well tbh, i played the demo and went back into forza 2 and i was struggling to find the difference between the two games. yes the graphics look better on this one but the handling and physics seems identical to forza 2.

is it a bad thing? no not really but after i have played shift, gtr evo and rfactor, i find it very easy to control on forza now. before when i first played this game (forza 2) i was rubbish and needed some of the aids on but now im playing with all aids off and finding it "very" easy in terms of handling.

Just had a few races on the demo and I'm very happy with it so far. As above, the car handling is not much different to Forza 2. But that's a good thing for me as I think Forza 2 has the best car physics of any console racer. Graphics are a big step up and the game is silky smooth in action. And I love the new menu design. The white backgrounds look very clean and simple. The choice of circuit is a little strange as it's quite narrow and twisty but I think it was chosen to show off the graphics.

Other than that I can't take much more from this demo. Two laps, one track, five cars - it's a nice taster - but this game's strength will be in the online and career modes.

There is actually a time trial/free run on the demo, too.

Select your car > Select your color > Select your Assists and Difficulty > Push "Y" for the Leaderboards > Push "A" to Start Race.

There is actually a time trial/free run on the demo, too.

Select your car > Select your color > Select your Assists and Difficulty > Push "Y" for the Leaderboards > Push "A" to Start Race.

Jeez, thats well hidden - how stupid.

Will give this a go later.

This is the first ever Forza game I have played, and all I can say is that I didnt enjoy the demo at all.

It reminds me of GT, yeah the cars look amazing, but when driving them its like driving through treacle.

I enjoyed Grid much more than this which I guess is more arcadey, but in my opinion much more fun.

I was expecting great things from this, but I think I will give it a miss, unless the full game is much better.

Might have to invest in a wheel for this. They're very expensive, though.

Trying to use the clutch on the controller is ridiculous.

I'm a fan of racing games. And when I say racing games I'm reffering to simulation games, like GT, RFactor (with all of it's mods), GTR Evolution, etc. Not those ultra-fast arcades like Burnout, Grid or PGR, when you earn points for corners (WTF???)

This is the first time I try a Forza game, as for the videos I've never been very attracted. Plus I don't have a Xbox360 Wheel.

So, I downloaded the demo and, even in the regular controller, the first impression was very good. Nice car reactions, specially the Ferrari 380.

But as I was running more races, the game became frustrating. The AI is too dumb. Even in the HARD difficulty they use the brake in EVERY corner, making it really difficult to pursue somebody (as you start in the middle of the grid) and if you make a little mistake it takes you just 2 good corners to be back where you were before.

Maybe it's my lack of ability to play on the regular controller, where there is no FFB, but I was disappointed, as the game seemed very good at the start, but the AI just took the fun off for me.

image_forza_motorsport_3-11621-1856_0012.jpg

Forza 2?

Someone posted that on the EU PS forums. To me it looks like they took a screenshot from Forza 2 and photoshopped the car on top of the F3 car. At the end of the day it's how the game feels when playing and how much fun it is rather than the graphics but it's a bit of a let down seeing this in game shot after all of the renders and trailers.

Gotta say this game with a wheel is awesome

No need to tweak it either it just works well from the get go also the graphics on a big screen at 1080p are stunning and definitely the best i have seen in a racing game

very good game, the feel the cars have to them is very realistic in my opinion.

sure it's not for everyone as some are really searching for the stuff you can not do in real life but hell this is a good representation of how cars work.

Someone posted that on the EU PS forums. To me it looks like they took a screenshot from Forza 2 and photoshopped the car on top of the F3 car. At the end of the day it's how the game feels when playing and how much fun it is rather than the graphics but it's a bit of a let down seeing this in game shot after all of the renders and trailers.

Have you played it Rad?

Don't look at any screenshots to get your view on graphics because they look poor compared to how they look in the game

It all looks brilliant from selecting cars, to racing, to replays...

No I've not played it, though I assume it's like Forza 2 which I liked a lot but just kind of lost interest with for no particular reason. It's just the screenshots look like a huge night and day difference compared to the official screenshots they've released. I saw some replays on youtube on the game captured in hd and it didn't jump out at me. The GT5 replays with the Ferrari look lovely and shiny but the Forza replay looked a little dull. The devs were saying at E3 I think that it was the best looking racing game, if they're talking crap about that then I start to wonder about the rest. It's like with Gran turismo, they claim this and that but with GT Prologue I just felt let down and the game felt very sterile. I downloaded the game a week or two ago just to see what it was like with all the updates they've done and after half a race I turned it off thinking it was complete shit.

This looked at first like the game to convince me to pick up a cheap 360 and skip on GT5 but now it's here I'm not as impressed, or at least not impressed by it enough to pick up a console and game.

Last edited:
I love this game, but I can understand why some don't as more realistic racing games are not for everybody. Just as well Grid and Shift are about to offer semi-realistic driving physics.

The beauty of this game is to play it with all the assists turned off, manual gears, and preferably a wheel. If you play with all the assists on and let the CPU do all the work then it probably will feel dull and like any other racing game. You're missing the point of Forza if you do this. The cars feel so different when you're not letting traction control and ABS do all the work for you.

Rad, that's a pretty shitty screenshot. Johnnymendoza posted one as well of the insides of a car where it looked like plastic. I didn't like any of the screenshots and videos, which I said a few times, but if you haven't seen it on your own TV then you can't really comment, no offence to you. It's like saying PES/FIFA is shit from the videos without playing it.

I wasn't expecting them to be great but they're really good. Not up to the standard of GT (which it never will be because of the difference in hardware), or GRID, but they claim a lot of power is going into the physics engine. That's fine by me.

Pboreham, I don't know how the hell you can say anything looks "cartoony"! What TV are you playing it on?! It might not have as many polygons as GT but it's far from "cartoony", I think you're knocking it for the sake of knocking it there...

It's nothing revolutionary, it won't be everyone's cup of tea. But it's a good simulation. If you want incredible graphics, insane fun and mental twists and turns then Dirt 2 is what you want, but personally I can't stand games where your handling is limited to bouncing off one side of the track then the other.

GT may be a better game but we'll have to wait and see, I'm looking forward to getting hold of it. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is having to buy a seperate wheel because Microsoft won't let anything work with their precious 360 that will also work on the PS3...

Can anyone recommend a quality forcefeeback wheel for the 360 please.
Cheers.
As far as I'm aware the only force feedback wheel is the official Microsoft Xbox 360 wheel. I would get that, I picked the wireless one up from eBay for just under £40.

Last edited:
Forza 2 was also ridiculously good fun online, with all the different customised cars and paint jobs. The AI may be a bit dumb, but once you get online with a good crowd of people this game comes alive.

Especially with the car damage turned on.:BRMM:

Rad, that's a pretty shitty screenshot. Johnnymendoza posted one as well of the insides of a car where it looked like plastic. I didn't like any of the screenshots and videos, which I said a few times, but if you haven't seen it on your own TV then you can't really comment, no offence to you. It's like saying PES/FIFA is shit from the videos without playing it.

I just expected to be amazed by the graphics after their claims at E3 that it is the best looking racing game and the screen shots they've released where the cars look stunning. I don't understand how the screens can very from what they released prior to the demo to that in game shot.

Forza 2 was also ridiculously good fun online, with all the different customised cars and paint jobs. The AI may be a bit dumb, but once you get online with a good crowd of people this game comes alive.

Especially with the car damage turned on.:BRMM:
Do you know what, I never played Forza 2 online. I was too scared of having my arse handed to me. I really should do that before Forza 3 comes out...

I just expected to be amazed by the graphics after their claims at E3 that it is the best looking racing game and the screen shots they've released where the cars look stunning. I don't understand how the screens can very from what they released prior to the demo to that in game shot.
I don't think the screens/videos do vary - if anything the screens/videos make it look worse, like I said before I thought they were balls compared to GT but on the 360 in motion I think it's stunning. Not up to GT's standard, but not so far away that I'm constantly thinking "God I wish this had GT's graphics".

Saying that I haven't seen GT's graphics on my PS3 yet so maybe once I've played that I'll find it hard to go back. At least I've got six months to get through it I suppose.

Do you know what, I never played Forza 2 online. I was too scared of having my arse handed to me. I really should do that before Forza 3 comes out...

We should see if a few Evo-webbers are up for a Forza 2 night some time.

By the way, has GT5 implemented crash damage yet? That was always a let down for me. Smashing into a barrier at 150mph and your car bouncing off with the perfect showroom shine kind of killed the realism GT has always gone for.

Crash damage may be another reason why Forza will never look as good as GT.

I think they have implemented it now, there's been an outcry about it for so long. I don't know if it's just visual damage though.

most of the screens are taken in photomode. same as in gt - it simply looks better there cause the whole rendering process is a completely different one compared to ingame gameplay, where the focus is on the car handling + the ai.

You can in game, yes :). I played around with them yesterday in Forza 2, and it was crap, the defaults are the best imo. And I think Coopz agrees.

Back
Top Bottom