Forza Motorsport 3

Just played the demo this evening there, and the screenshots do not do this game justice. You need to see this game moving. It's stunning, and I never played GT5: P so I cant compare them as like for like. I'm even considering getting a bigger tv for this game alone, it looks that good moving. Truly looking forward to the full release, may dig out my Forza 2 though for a spin if I get time.

EDIT: Anyone who doesnt think there is a good sense of speed really needs to make sure they are playing it Bonnet or Bumper Cam I think. In car view is also very well done.

Last edited:
Just played the demo this evening there, and the screenshots do not do this game justice. You need to see this game moving. It's stunning, and I never played GT5: P so I cant compare them as like for like. I'm even considering getting a bigger tv for this game alone, it looks that good moving. Truly looking forward to the full release, may dig out my Forza 2 though for a spin if I get time.

EDIT: Anyone who doesnt think there is a good sense of speed really needs to make sure they are playing it Bonnet or Bumper Cam I think. In car view is also very well done.

Totally agree on both points. This is a gorgeous looking game and really shows what the 360 is capable of.

Bumper cam is the best to get a true sense of speed. I always use this camera for that reason, plus it gives me the best 'feel' for every movement the car makes. Playing Forza in chase cam is a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:

i agree totally...

i spent an hour or so on it today with my 'playseat' and microsoft wheel, (on bonnet cam) and managed to get into the top 2% with the ferrari california. i'm gonna put a few more hours in tomorrow and see if i can move up a few thousand places!

i love this game!

edit: playing with everything turned off and manual gears (no clutch)

Last edited:
do people REALLY play driving games in chase view!?!?!

that's just ridiculous! bonnet cam is my preferred choice, always has been ever since the original ridge racer on ps1 launch day!

do people REALLY play driving games in chase view!?!?!

that's just ridiculous! bonnet cam is my preferred choice, always has been ever since the original ridge racer on ps1 launch day!

Plenty of people do, but they're probably the more casual racing gamers. The most common complaint I've heard is that you can't see much of the track ahead using in car views. But that becomes irrelevant once you learn the track.

I'm like you, I've always used bumper/bonnet/in-car view in every driving game for years. I can't play driving games in chase view, unless it's GTA or something like that.

I use the chase view. Don't know why really - got used to it so when I try anything else it just feels wrong. But then yeah, I'm probably very much a casual gamer, just picked up playing Forza 2 a couple of months ago, before that I had barely ever played any racing game.

Awesome game, I normally don't really like time trials but they are enjoyable in the demo. I'm using the pad, all assists off (automatic shifting though), and I'm in the top 1% with the Mini Cooper, the Audi R8 and the Porsche, so I'm quite happy. Can't wait for the full game, hope they release better track-DLCs this time though.

Gotta say this game with a wheel is awesome

No need to tweak it either it just works well from the get go also the graphics on a big screen at 1080p are stunning and definitely the best i have seen in a racing game

I said that as well, it does look brilliant

Plenty of people do, but they're probably the more casual racing gamers. The most common complaint I've heard is that you can't see much of the track ahead using in car views. But that becomes irrelevant once you learn the track.

I'm like you, I've always used bumper/bonnet/in-car view in every driving game for years. I can't play driving games in chase view, unless it's GTA or something like that.
Yeah I agree, I can't use chase cam in most games...

The only times I don't use it are on PGR with bikes, really disorientating with the camera tilting, and on missions on GTA or similar where you have to do drive-by shootings.

As I said in the NFS:Shift thread, I find it much easier to hit the apex on the bonnet view and the sense of speed is much better, I can't use most in-car cameras though as the dashboard etc normally blocks too much of the view... It's alright in open-wheel cars though.

Yeah I agree, I can't use chase cam in most games...

The only times I don't use it are on PGR with bikes, really disorientating with the camera tilting, and on missions on GTA or similar where you have to do drive-by shootings.

As I said in the NFS:Shift thread, I find it much easier to hit the apex on the bonnet view and the sense of speed is much better, I can't use most in-car cameras though as the dashboard etc normally blocks too much of the view... It's alright in open-wheel cars though.

The cockpit view in Forza 3 is actually quite decent in my opinion. I could use it no problems, but bumper cam is always the one I go for as I prefer a complete view of the track ahead. It's better than a lot of games like Race Pro. Some of the in-car views in that game were like looking out of a pill box, particularly for the GT cars. The effect was good but totally impractical.

On another note, has anyone tried the manual clutch?

The demo is fantastic, and I never thought I'd say that.

Think Camino Viejo is a bit too narrow in reality, would've been nicer to get to grips with the game on a wider track, but then Forza 2 had Mugello in the demo which seemed to be way too narrow as well, maybe it's just the design of the game.

Still, it looks lovely, the cars feel sufficiently weighty and handle nicely, and the sounds are fantastic.

Don't want to hear anyone say the AI are great though, they don't seem much different from what you'd see in GT.

put them on hard and driving circles around them, gonna be a game of picking a weak car against strong opponents once again...but than again i am more of a time trial guy anyways ;)

Dirt 2 is good for bonnet view as well

most of the games are...best view IMO is the one gt5 prologue has, moved more towards the windshield / roof area, giving you a bit more of an general view.

used it back in nascar racing 4 / 2003 and still try to configure most of my games to drive in that view

The demo is fantastic, and I never thought I'd say that.

Think Camino Viejo is a bit too narrow in reality, would've been nicer to get to grips with the game on a wider track, but then Forza 2 had Mugello in the demo which seemed to be way too narrow as well, maybe it's just the design of the game.

Still, it looks lovely, the cars feel sufficiently weighty and handle nicely, and the sounds are fantastic.

Don't want to hear anyone say the AI are great though, they don't seem much different from what you'd see in GT.

Yeah, I agree. As I've said before, I don't think this circuit is ideal for a demo as it's a bit too narrow, bumpy and technical, but it's perfect for showing off the graphics.

On the AI - it's not great but I'm hoping that it's been toned down a bit to make the demo a bit easier. The AI was ok in Forza 2, not perfect, but I think it will be acceptable in this one.

Probably been asked before, but is everything included as standard in the Limited Edition, or does it vary depending on where you order it from.

Amazon have it for £49.96 here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

And Play have it for £54.99 here:
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/11101476/Forza-Motorsport-3-Limited-Edition/Product.html

Only the Play description suggests you get five more cars through the VIP access, and the Amazon link doesn't detail what the VIP access is?

Plenty of people do, but they're probably the more casual racing gamers.

Excuse you sir! :TTTH:

Actually, yeah, at this stage I'm probably classed as a casual gamer, but I only use the chase cam, although I did find the bonnet cam in Forza 3 quite decent, which is rare.

I find that most racing games dont give you a decent enough feel as to what the back end of the car is doing when using an in-car view. I tend to like getting the arse of the car out if I can (:OOOH:), just as it's more fun that way, but it's pretty damn tough to keep decent control of it when you cant see it and makes in-car views a nightmare when trying to remain somewhat competitive.

So anyway for a casual gamer here's some times I've done so far using my chase view:

Lancer: 1:10.961
Califronia: 1:08.927 (work in progress)
Audi R8: 1:05.617

Not tried the Mini or Porsche yet. All no assists, Manual gears (without clutch)

Excuse you sir! :TTTH:

Actually, yeah, at this stage I'm probably classed as a casual gamer, but I only use the chase cam, although I did find the bonnet cam in Forza 3 quite decent, which is rare.

I find that most racing games dont give you a decent enough feel as to what the back end of the car is doing when using an in-car view. I tend to like getting the arse of the car out if I can (:OOOH:), just as it's more fun that way, but it's pretty damn tough to keep decent control of it when you cant see it and makes in-car views a nightmare when trying to remain somewhat competitive.

So anyway for a casual gamer here's some times I've done so far using my chase view:

Lancer: 1:10.961
Califronia: 1:08.927 (work in progress)
Audi R8: 1:05.617

Not tried the Mini or Porsche yet. All no assists, Manual gears (without clutch)

Some really quick times there.

The casual gamers remark was probably a bit of a generalisation on my part, but all the racing game fans I know use the in car views.

They are pretty damn fast times, Dar :TU: :SHOCK:.

Had a little go on this today, doesn't seem much different from Forza 2 to be honest, not a bad thing though :)). Think my lap times were around 1:14.

Jay said he's top on the friends leaderboard.

Then again he says he is top or brilliant at everything so i'd take it with a pinch of salt

Cheers fella's. To be honest the only one I really worked at was the Lancer one. Spent 2 hours doing that, haha.

Whats more annoying is that I know I can take another three tenths off it, I had the ghost to prove it but it was an invalid lap because of a tyre width over the rumble strip on the second last corner. :RANT: I just could never match it again. :(

Jay said he's top on the friends leaderboard.

Then again he says he is top or brilliant at everything so i'd take it with a pinch of salt

how do i find out all your guys gamertags? is there a convenient place where they are all listed in a oner?

I just got 1:10 with the Audi and 1:13 with the Califronia

not that good but better than Jays :)

I tried with the clutch and its enjoyable but its kinda awkward braking, pressing the clutch and pressing X or B for gears at the same time

If a wheel had a clutch like that GT one it would be fucking awesome

Back
Top Bottom