Football Manager 2009

He beast had him at number of clubs and always impressed either up front or on wing 20 something assists from wing one season and 24 goals up front in another. :))

On the online game i've been playing, we are now in 2012 (just finished 2011-2012 season), and I finished 5th in the Premiership with Cardiff :D.
I only just managed to stay up the first season in the Prem, but I signed some quality players and then managed to surprisingly finish 6th (only on goal difference, 2 teams below me were on the same points total) and then I was given £35m transfer budget so I then strengthened my squad quite a lot and managed to come 5th in the next season.

Is it just me or are the regens way too good though? I got a Hungarian one who was 17, and in his very first season he was the Premier League's top scorer (with 25 in the league, 32 overall), got the European Golden Boot and was picked in the team of the year. Also, that Hansson guy I posted a few pages back is now one of the best defenders in the world (at 20) and the striker Kuqi scored 16 league goals last season. There are loads more who are already world class players, and it's stupid I think. How can a striker in his very first season in professional football win the European golden boot?

Yeah I got that guy too Becanes, monster is an understatement!!

Rob - I agree about the regens, on my save some kid got signed by Barca from a tiny club days after he appeared in the game and he had unreal stats and was 17. It's silly really.

I guess everyone has heard about my guy. How are you guys keeping him with your team? Is anyone making a bid for him? I am still pissed about him leaving. I can't get over it. I played against Man U (where he went) and we beat them for the 3rd time in a row. I wanted to rub it in his face. haha

i had him at newcastle, him jovetic, alexis sanchez, john fleck, vacca, and a couple of others on rotation...were winning all competitions so wouldnt be sold, but yeah, him and the first 2 i listed all have very similar qualities and are very good...

i dont know how to spoiler, apologies, just shut your eyes...!

The way they pumped regens in is better you can make teams for the future but the stats some of these kids have at only 17 unreal. On other hand great money spinner if your small club i love scouting them out great fun always looking in U21 national squad.

Got 17 year old coming who i found in Portugal Under 20's says in profile could be next Deco these are main stats the high ones Acceleration 17, Agility 17, Pace 16, Composure 18, Creativity 18, Team work 18, Work Rate 16, Passing 16, Technique 17.

Last edited:
finally got my copy today. after installing the game via steam the game has been updated automatically and when i run the game i see version 9.2. above. so, i guess now i dont have to install patch 9.1. and 9.2., respectively?

Anyone seen FM Live? its like WOW for football :lol: I'm wondering if I should get it however my worry is could I afford £20 every 4 months to renew the live subcription considering im a student? Playing old skool FM08 atm lol

No you don't have to patch it manually mate.

thanks tim. when starting a new game i can choose between 9.1. and 9.2 and normal database, so this explains everything. can i assume that all fixed bugs in 9.1. are also fixed in 9.2.? i know its a stupid question but you never know. :D

Anyone seen FM Live? its like WOW for football :lol: I'm wondering if I should get it however my worry is could I afford £20 every 4 months to renew the live subcription considering im a student? Playing old skool FM08 atm lol
I played the FM Live beta a few months back, and it really wasn't anything special at all. A proper FM game with a few mates online is much better imo.

ok, i found a lot of graphics and they are working. but: are there patches out there changing the competition names? i still have european champions cup etc.

thanks becanes, already found a file. :)

edit: i must admit chris' is better so i will use his. great work chris, thanks!

edit2: i copied the 4 files into the folders but when i run the game i still see the old names. what am i doing wrong?

Last edited:
Have you gone to preferences display and sound and ticked always reload skin on confirm you also need to restart game.

yes, "always reload skin on confirm" is ticked because i added some graphics and they are working without any problems. but the strange thing is that the competition names are from the files i added before chris' ones. but when i copy the original files from the game there isnt any problem. so, i guess i missed something and need to solve it.

edit: finally got it to run.

Last edited:
man, it has taken me 7 hours or so to find and insert kitpacks, logos and faces. finally i have all i need. only a good skin and backgrounds are missin. any recommendations guys? though i have to say that i am not a friend of backgrounds.

Just got round to picking this up for the Mac.

Anything I need to know/do? Its the v9.0 at the moment, I dont know whether I can safely patch it - any Mac folks in a similar situ let me know?

Also, anything else? Not massively fussed about skins/packs etc - but is there a kit editor anywhere, or anyway to change the player appearance in 3D mode?

Finally, any news on a Transfer Window update for tomorrow?

Cheeeeeeeeeers!

Last edited:
the most annoying thing in all fm series are those injuries, all 3 goalkeepers of my first team were injured and at least ruled out for 2 months!!! anyway, at the moment its quiet difficult because i still have no main tactics to play with.

Well in my 4th season my team is fading once again. This time it started near the end of November and has carried through December. I peaked at 4th and am now in 10th or 11th. I have had a striker injured a couple of times and that may be part of it. Maybe I need a change in formation. However, I am in the semi's of the Carling Cup. I made it to the finals last year. I play one of my nemisis, Aston Villa. I cannot beat them. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom