Football Manager 2009

I spent 2 seasons at Hull, in which I came 17th in my first year (expected 20th), and in the second season 13th (expected 20th). I have now resigned and joined Atletico Madrid.

Just re-installed FM09 and tried to use CB's logo pack. All went fine until I tried to create the graphicsnew.fmf, the Resource Tool seemed to be working but it wasn't actually creating a file :(

Edit: Had to run the Resource Archiver as admin :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finished my second season with Fulham. I finished 11th. I had a high position on 5th around the middle of the season and it kinda went downhill from there. Lost my last 4 games agaist Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bolton, and Man U. But my top striker was out for those games. Oh well. I was predicted to finish 17th so I'll take it as a win. Looking to pick up a couple of new players. I will try not to pick up too many. How's everyone else doing?

I got Derby promoted by finishing second, this season i'm 25 games in and at one point was 9 points off relegation. Now i haven't won in 12 and i'm level on goal difference with the team just in there so i wasn't doing too bad before this bad run. I just need a few wins quickly though to pull away again :LOL:

oh and i beat Chelsea away 2-0 :COOL:

I am so addicted to FM at the moment. I pretty much play it everyday. I look forward to getting home from work and cranking it up or even cranking it up at work.

So that why you don't come on here. I bet you have found a cosy FM forum that you frequent instead of here ;))

I got Derby promoted by finishing second, this season i'm 25 games in and at one point was 9 points off relegation. Now i haven't won in 12 and i'm level on goal difference with the team just in there so i wasn't doing too bad before this bad run. I just need a few wins quickly though to pull away again :LOL:

oh and i beat Chelsea away 2-0 :COOL:

So that why you don't come on here. I bet you have found a cosy FM forum that you frequent instead of here ;))

Hope you keep Derby up.

I visit sigames.com everyday. Don't post, but I lurk for info. I am a sponge.

Keep an eye on your staff contracts, there's a bug in 9.2 which doesn't give you warnings that your staff are about to leave.

2im0wfq.jpg
23hb05e.png
2s17wg6.png
zn2yxh.png

If you like those, you can download them on this link:

http://fmdiscussion.com/forums/FMD09-Logos-t8423.html

Last edited:
Yeah Bojan leaves from Barcelona after first season on free and i have seen sometimes before and quite few other players bad bug.

Well I am near the end of Jan. and the slide down the table begins. I don't know what it is, but in Jan and Feb I can't win games. Atleast I am in the Carling Cup final against Totenham. I am sitting 11th in the league and out of the FA Cup.

Well I am near the end of Jan. and the slide down the table begins. I don't know what it is, but in Jan and Feb I can't win games. Atleast I am in the Carling Cup final against Totenham. I am sitting 11th in the league and out of the FA Cup.

same happens to me every time!
really strange...must be something to do with the winter? muddy picthes or something?
i thought about it, but couldnt find out whats that about.

I dont seem to have that problem?! I'm still on 9.01 patch though, dunno if that's the reason?
Becanes what past experience have you set yourself when you start a game up? Dunno if that's what's causing you to struggle a bit, although 11th isn't bad for Fulham.

I'm in my second season as Valencia at the moment, last season Barca & Real ran away from the pack and I could only manage 3rd in La Liga and I only got to the quarter finals of Copa del Rey and UEFA cup (knocked out by eventual winners Citeh!) but the board were ok. In the summer I made quite a few transfers both in and out in and now I'm in December and the race for the title is very close (Sevilla, Barca, Valencia, Real, Villareal all within 3 points of each other), but I'm not enjoying it. I've been waiting for a job to come up in England or Italy to take but so far nothing so I might start a new save.

It affects how players work with you. If you're a sunday league player, you'll struggle to get respect off your players and potential signings. On the other hand, if you're an ex international, it'll be much easier to work with your players and attract new signings.

Yeah that's it, if you choose a team from the highest league with "sunday league" rep it's a lot, lot harder because (realistically) the players don't respect you enough to take your orders etc, whereas if you're a league 2 side it won't be as bad.

Similar to how if you set your nationality to English and get a job in Spain for the first few months you may struggle due to the language barrier. Eventually on your personal page you get it as a second language.

Yeah if I'm going straight into a top league then I choose International Footballer or whatever it is. Maybe the one below if I'm picking a team that's expected to fight against relegation. You're also more likely to get offered better jobs if they come along as well I think.

I dont seem to have that problem?! I'm still on 9.01 patch though, dunno if that's the reason?
Becanes what past experience have you set yourself when you start a game up? Dunno if that's what's causing you to struggle a bit, although 11th isn't bad for Fulham.

I'm in my second season as Valencia at the moment, last season Barca & Real ran away from the pack and I could only manage 3rd in La Liga and I only got to the quarter finals of Copa del Rey and UEFA cup (knocked out by eventual winners Citeh!) but the board were ok. In the summer I made quite a few transfers both in and out in and now I'm in December and the race for the title is very close (Sevilla, Barca, Valencia, Real, Villareal all within 3 points of each other), but I'm not enjoying it. I've been waiting for a job to come up in England or Italy to take but so far nothing so I might start a new save.

I chose professional footballer.

i didnt realise, and kept it on standard low one. was fine.

there must be some perk to each one you choose otherwise why bother having anything but the top one.

Well I am nearing the end of my 3rd season in charge of Fulham. I hit that bad streak as I mentioned above but then I got hot. Went on an 11 match unbeaten run. I beat the likes on Man U twice (I had never beaten them before). I also beat Chelsea and drew with Liverpool. I was closing in on a European spot. 2 games left and I was in 7th place. I was getting ready to play Middlesbrough who were in 6th place. If I won this one I only had Stoke to play and they have been relegated already. Game kicks off against M boro and I lay a goose egg. They beat me at their place 2-0. Now I'm in 8th place. Portsmouth jumped ahead of me. I am 3 points behind them and they are +2 on goal difference. I still have the game with Stoke at home and I believe Portsmouth play Chelsea at home. Hopefully I can hammer Stoke, but I have a problem where I struggle to beat bottom teams. Wish me luck.

Thanks. I just played Stoke and beat them 3-0 with a little help from Jumbo on a HT team talk. Even though I beat them Portsmouth and Chelsea drew. That left my in 8th, 1 point behind Portsmouth. Now for the off-season.

Does anyone know when the transfer update patch will be out - looking forward to get into it

Last edited:
My player that won EPL Young Player of the Year has been bought by Man U. MY board excepted it on my behalf because the offer was too good. I am not happy about this at all. He was sold for $48 million US dollars. Now I'm struggling trying to bring someone in to replace him. No one wants to come.

Back
Top Bottom