Football Manager 2009

Just got the patch, was going to start again and thought "nah, I'm not really playing the game very often now anyway".

Within minutes I get the pre-game press conference. I get asked who I think player of the year will be, and I answer Cristiano Ronaldo.

I'm informed afterwards that the squad have "not reacted well" to that particular comment, and now 15/30 players are unhappy. Reason?

"Does not feel worthy of manager's comments"...

...Sod this.

Just finished the first season with Atletico Madrid (WTF I'm Real Madrid supporter!).

Here are my final standings:

Liga BBVA: 3rd place (20 wins; 10 defeats; 8 draws)
Copa del Rey: Quarter-finals (beat by Barcelona)
UEFA Champions League: Semi-finals (beat by Barcelona)

Not a bad season I think. Unfortunately Barcelona is invincible in my game. They have won everything! Now I'm waiting a new challenge in a big club from England or Italy or maybe in Bayern Munich. I don't know if my curriculum is good enough to move for a big team but I hope so.

Here are my signs:
Fran Merida (loan)
Thiago Silva (free)

Last edited:
Just got the patch, was going to start again and thought "nah, I'm not really playing the game very often now anyway".

Within minutes I get the pre-game press conference. I get asked who I think player of the year will be, and I answer Cristiano Ronaldo.

I'm informed afterwards that the squad have "not reacted well" to that particular comment, and now 15/30 players are unhappy. Reason?

"Does not feel worthy of manager's comments"...

...Sod this.

Stick with it Chris or atleast start over.

We have turned Becanes into a FM addict :LOL:

he don't even visit here any more because he's busy with Fulham :))

Whoa just won the Carling Cup with Blackburn. This may not be the biggest trophy in the world but for Rovers to win and in the process beat Chelsea 2-1 in the final is some achievement. I decided to play 4-5-1 and it worked a treat for the first 50 minutes as we managed to score and looked comfortable. Chelsea then changed their tactics and managed to equalise on 66 minutes, they were well on top now and looked like they would eventually score, we were giving possession away as my striker (Santa Cruz) was exhausted and could not hold up the ball. So decided to change it, take of Cruz, and go to 4-4-2. We enter the 87th minutes, Pedersen gets away down the left hand side and delivers a superb back post cross, Roberts header comes of the post and somehow McCarthy scrambles the ball home.

God I love this game, yes it has bugs, yes they can be annoying but there are very very few games which can deliver such joy!!

Any of you downloaded the new patch? I currently have no interest in downloading the patch as i dont think i will start a new save soon. Currently enjoying my Liverpool save. I finished 4'th in the league, got beaten in the quarter finals of the ECL by Arsenal and also lost to them in the FA cup but managed to win the Carling cup by using a bit of a weaker side, young guys and the benchwarmers.;)

Now as the new season is started i've signed 3 new faces.I'm gonna spoiler them.(Thanks for the tip Aboutreika.;)
Federico Fazio from Sevilla for 16.75 M/p, he´s been good in the first 4 games scorin 3 goals all from a header. I also got Diego Buonanotte from River Plate. He's more tought for the future but he has played 3 of the first 4 games on the left wing and has assisted 2 goals. But I had to pay 11.75 for him. I know its risky and stuff but I believe he will be really good.

The final signing was Christian Pandu. A young lad who will go to the reserves.

I like to buy a bunch of young guys try to make them the next Ronaldo. :DD
I know its hard but at least i can sell them after a couple of seasons with a profit. :)

There have been one huge disappointing in this second season so far..I didnt qualify for the ECL! :CRY:
I lost 5-4 on aggregate to HSV.. I won the first leg on Anfield 1-0 but lost the second in Germany 5-3...:CRY:.
So I guess I now have a realistic goal, to win a European cup this season. :DD

I guess thats it for now.. Update will come soon. :DD

Last edited:
It has been logged by SI as a bug, it started after the 9.2.0 patch, kind of a serious bug in my opinion =/, some had Insua and Acquafresca released after first season.

Non-league team who I took control of after they got promoted to the Blue Square North.

Well I finished my second season with Fulham. I finished 11th. I had a high position on 5th around the middle of the season and it kinda went downhill from there. Lost my last 4 games agaist Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bolton, and Man U. But my top striker was out for those games. Oh well. I was predicted to finish 17th so I'll take it as a win. Looking to pick up a couple of new players. I will try not to pick up too many. How's everyone else doing?

Well I've ended my career as successful manager of Hoffenheim and Olympique Marseille.

Season 1 - Hoffe - 10th
Season 2 - Hoffe - 8th
Season 3 - Hoffe - 5th
Season 4 - Hoffe - 1st
-- -- - Resigned on a high -------
Season 5 - OM - 3rd
Season 6 - OM - 1st

Back
Top Bottom