Football Manager 2009

I don't think those are the right ones. I have the logos I want. I am looking for the backgrounds of the logos. How they are spread out like that. I'm not lazy bubba.

im using that pack, which has the background logos included

I have that logo pack Joe/Coopz posted, and the background pack that CB made (which is quality :))))

i cant get any of the logo/graphic packs to work. i put them in the correct directory etc and do the cache thing, but no luck. any ideas anyone?

Any tips for my strikers CONSTANTLY getting awful ratings? They only get ratings over 5 if they score, otherwise both strikers are always getting 5's.

I've got the same thing Dags and I spoke to Milanista on MSN who said the same thing. Bringing on a striker as a sub at half-time seems a good way to get a goal.

Anybody interested in a 3D EPL kitpack should look HERE - it's being updated to include more third kits but it's got all home/away kits in and it's great.

Think I'll be uninstalling the game soon. This is the fourth or fifth time this has happened to me in twelve league games (so don't say "it could happen"), with different players (4/5 times it's a CB stopping dead, this time it was the goalkeeper which takes the fucking piss). And it's cost me points every single time, it's almost like a new built-in "we need to prevent this win" cheat.

They clear the ball, striker runs onto it, my goalkeeper should whack the ball back up the field.

The goalkeeper actually SIDESTEPS OUT OF THE STRIKER'S WAY.

Try watching it in high quality mode, it's even funnier.

YouTube - Football Manager 2009 Crappy AI

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

Last edited:
That kind of thing is being looked into for future patches mate.
I was hoping someone would say that, thank God... Well if I've got any sense I'll start again when there's a new patch out then.

How long are we talking do you think, new year I presume?

the thing is, that type of thing has probably always happenened in just the text version or whatever. i just struggle to believe that the 3d engine is anything more than moves tagged onto the old text, then 2d version. You wouldnt have complained about it if you didnt watch the highlights, because you wouldnt know, i struggle to believe that its anything to do with players fucking up horribly, it just happens to be a goal needs to be scored now, we dont have an animation to explain it!

i've really failed to explain what i mean here....!

the thing is, that type of thing has probably always happenened in just the text version or whatever. i just struggle to believe that the 3d engine is anything more than moves tagged onto the old text, then 2d version. You wouldnt have complained about it if you didnt watch the highlights, because you wouldnt know, i struggle to believe that its anything to do with players fucking up horribly, it just happens to be a goal needs to be scored now, we dont have an animation to explain it!

i've really failed to explain what i mean here....!
I know exactly what you mean, you've said it before, but even if you watch that in 2D you see a goalkeeper move towards the ball, stop dead, then let their player bang it into the net. You'd still be outraged, you'd still be thinking "what the fuck did you do, did you trip over the ball?" At least in 3D you can see that, no, he's side-stepping away from it to allow the striker to whack it in. Both 2D/3D leave you thinking exactly the same thing, "no fucking way would he do that in real life".

And as I said the last time you said the above, this whole stopping-dead thing didn't happen (at least not as often) in the 2D engine last year so it's something new. At least they're looking at patching it but it's just winding me up the way it is now, you play 3-4 matches in a row and all the goals are completely unreal, defenders stopping dead or crackers from 40 yards out (at fourth division level - yes, it happens, I'm not stupid, but it doesn't happen that often).

Last edited:
i didnt realise it was here i'd written it :) sorry, i don't bother with highlights, i think it would just frustrate me, plus there's nothing like thinking your about to score a goal in text commentary and then reading 'there's only one outcome here!' - goal for opposition..... wonderful feeling!

but, point taken :) they've opened a whole can of worms by making a more detailed engine because every motion of the game has to be related to an animation, and they need to have enough animations to stop any suggestion of repitition. The few highlights i have seen are vaguely satisfying but when one man beats the other you just kind of think...well he just stepped away from him..! I think if we watched a whole 90 minutes we'd think they've just taken on an impossible task here....

I've watched a few whole 90 minutes and it's not that bad. The problem with the 2D probably sidestepping is the size of the dots in relation to the pitch. The dot probably sidestepped as well but you can't see it happen. Now in 3D you can see all little movements. It doesn't bother me when it happens and I can't even remember it happening. It's just a general representation of what is happening and I think you have to look at it that way.

I have been sacked from Fulham in April. I was 19th and just lost to Wigan at home 7-1. I need to go back to the drawing board.

yowser.....

the silly thing for me, is the tactic that has worked for me is to really not mess with the player sliders, obviously there is a few things to do with specific players, but for example the 'set to' thing seriously won't work any more because of the changed way the sliders work now... or now we know what they mean! Maybe try not tinkering too much, as odd as it sounds, stick to the standard 442 and pick one type of game to play, and stick to it at home, and try a 451 away from home with a creative midfielder (rivaldo, 750k, still bloody good, for e.g.) instead of the second striker....

could all be completely irrelevant to your situation but its what worked with me for newcastle who i was devastatingly bad with in the demo when i was trying to tinker!

Well I will be starting over anyways. Just got word from the wife that my new laptop has arrived. So I am going to start fresh with Fulham and hopefully things will be different this time.

Last edited:
Well I have started over since I got my laptop. I am with the usual Fulham and have drawn the first 2 matches against Sunderland and Bolton. I then lost to Not Forrest in the Carling Cup away. Wasn't to happy about that. But I did sign a striker that I really wanted.

Yeah. He's actually not scoring for me at the moment but he seems to be almost there. I'm only 9 games in and I've actually won 2 games with Fulham and am currently 14th. Go me and Fulham. I'm hoping I get Arsenal real soon as they have Rosicky, van persie, Adebayor, Eduardo, Bendtner and Toure out injured. Need to play them while they are down.

Wow. Great signing there mate. NoName will definetly be a big player for you and if he does well then i think you will find it hard to keep him.

Back
Top Bottom