Football Kingdom [PS2]

Guys ,

This game is GREAT... Shame its only in JAP. Hope there is a translation patch.

Stupid goalies thought... i have a scored a goal from 50m WOW..!! and sometimes they act like "Hey i give you space SHOOT!!"

Question: Has anyone notice "TRIAL EDITION" what does it mean? at the start.?

Thanks.

cgiorgal, its been explained in this thread somewhere. Here's a quote from ign anyway:

The "Trial Edition" part of the title, incidentally, is not to mean that this is just a demo. Namco is merely calling it "Trial Edition" to mark the game as the company's return to soccer game development.

After given this game another go im actually really enjoying it now. The crossing is absolutely brilliant!

Has anyone seen Aghahowa's celebration for Nigeria? He does the full 9 flip overs.. not sure if it's 9, but it's brilliant anyway! :)

jumbo said:
Orders shipped, JFlores. :D

Actually, I received my order already....

And all I have to say is that the game is trully top-notch on the fun factor. Yes, the gameplay could use some more work, along with the goalies and different nets for different stadiums. However, the game plays very well and freely. I don't feel restrained to anything. From making runs with or with out the ball, to passing, crossing, shooting, etc...I have so much freedom.

And the Nets.....Ohhh, the nets are beautiful!!!
along with the grass textures. And some great dribbling animations. Also, the after celebration after winning the worlds cup(I think is called :l ) is great.

The game is very enjoyable and playable. Definately worth my money.

I have already discovered some neat things while playing.

-When approaching the goal, you can shoot a hard low shot with :triangle:

-Also, you can throw the ball all the way to midfield with your keeper by pressing :triangle:

WE could learn sooooo much from this game.

The only thing I am having a hard time adjusting to and mastering is the free run... Can anyone explain to me how to use it. I know you press :l1: and the little fellow close to you will take off for a pass. But, I noticed the only way to send my free run players a short/long pass is if the player I'm controlling with the ball is standing. In other words, I am unable to run with the ball while delivering to a teamate that's on a free run...

If anyone can give me some tips on this I would appreciate it..

Things are looking good for the future of FK... ;)

Yes, I got it today. The time here is now 10:05am.

The game is so much fun. I don't think I'll ever get bored of playing it. As apposed to what others have said, there are many different ways of scoring. No goals are the same. At least from my experience.

Oh, and the dance celebration from Cameroon as is depicted on my avatar, is hilarious!! :mrgreen:

last night my mate had 10 shots from 25 yards with Henry & Trezeguet, scored 10 of them. There are some catastrophic things the keepers consistently do, gradually the wear of this game is beginning to show.

here's an article i found confirming Football Kingdom 2, no word on a european or american release though

Namco's Future Plans
While doing their recent Financial Report, Namco have revealed their games schedule for the upcoming year. Since Namco are a Japanese based company they only released information on the Japanese schedule, they have kept most of the details of the American and European details under wraps. But Namco fans can look forward to seeing…

Spawn, Football Kingdom 2, Xenosaga Episode 2. Smash Court Pro Tournament and Taiko no Tatsujin 4. Death by Degrees and Tales of Symphonia are expected to be released in the first half of this year. Ace Combat V is set for the end of the year and Tales of Rebirth is set for some time in 2005.

But the game everyone is eager to see from Namco is the popular fighting game’s fifth installment. Tekken 5 is expected for a release in the US sometime in 2005.

Note: All the above games are PS2 releases.

Author: Josh Hornby
Date Added: 26th May, 2004

here's the link, copy and paste it into your browser

http://www.reviewgamer.com/?x=gamingnews&view=536

if this has been posted before then sorry but there are way too many pages to this thread for me to look through

one more question for you JFlores.

did they leave your package in your mailbox or did you have to say something?

i still ain't got mine.

Anyone interested in a "FULL PLAYER NAMES TRANSLATED"-Patch???

Yeeeeehaa! I did it!
And I can tell you: It was a hell of a Job!!!

OK Guys! I'm now seaching for the Guide to create a ppf.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Please hold the Line...

Can anyone confirm that a flip top + swap magic 2.0 DVD/swap magic 3.2 CD combo will play this game in my US PS2? Cost for combo is $39.75. Is is worth it?

Great job KingSly! will you translate the menu's too, such as those in the PAUSE menu, etc?

Is it just me or are the load times just absolutely horrendous?! :x

Also, is there a way to do immediate rematches as in WE?

KingSly said:
Anyone interested in a "FULL PLAYER NAMES TRANSLATED"-Patch???

Yeeeeehaa! I did it!
And I can tell you: It was a hell of a Job!!!

OK Guys! I'm now seaching for the Guide to create a ppf.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Please hold the Line...

:shock:

Yeah, I guess I will translate the Menues and so on...
But first I want to release this Playernames-Translation-Patch...

btw. Also saw a lot of Classic Players!

Also saw a lot of Classic Players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who are they?????????????????? :D

Bergomi, Toto (Schilaci???), Dutch Players like van Basten, Gullit and so on...

@Wolvesfan
Thx alot... Found it allready and the ppf is in progress!

Stay tuned Guys...

KingSly said:

that is great~~~~~~~
how to unlock them?
what are their status?
very powerful?
some classic players in winning eleven series are very poor...

look forward your great patch~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KingSly said:
Sorry but I just translated the Names yet. Didn't see them ingame.
So I can't answer your question on how good they are...

nevermind..
carry on
does Klinsmann in this game? :oops:

Is it just me or has this game got great title screen music??

Probably just me...

FaiLSaFe

you saw any club teams list?
someone must find a way to insert some new kits to this game (same way we do with WE)...
THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!

KingSly said:

@Wolvesfan
Thx alot... Found it allready and the ppf is in progress!

Stay tuned Guys...

Great!

Thanks alot man!

:)

Back
Top Bottom