Football Kingdom [PS2]

I know it's only a first attempt, but some things about this game are blatantly awful, how anyone can say it's better than WE seems strange to me. The goalkeepers, they are shockingly bad positional wise (I've ran in on goal 1 on 1, the keeper runs to one side, and I still manage to score into the side he ran to!). Collision detection is garbage as well, players shoot half an animation before they should if you know what I mean, like there's frames missing in order to get the shot off or something. Practically every time you get through on goal it's in the net, 90% of headers go in, etc.

I can only play this for 1-2 games at a time before it becomes boring, it's got no depth to it at all.

Managed to get my grubby mitts on it last night. Played it for a couple of hours and it's pretty sweet. Just getting used to the control method and the weird shot/pass direction thingy.

Nice to see they have the stadium in Berlin with the building work they are doing in preperation for the World Cup...

FaiLSaFe

Agree with Classic... It's good, it's a step in the right direction, and it will be good to see Winning Eleven have competition. But there's no way it's better than WE, PES, ISS, or even (shock horror) EURO 2004, FIFA 2004.

Although having said that I am heavily addicted to EURO 2004 at the minute, I'm loving how you're not pressed every single second and you can get a great passing move going, and yeah, the graphics are pretty too. But at least I'll be back to normal when EURO 2004's over and WE8 is out.

I hope you FK guys are too...

Jack Bauer said:
Although having said that I am heavily addicted to EURO 2004 at the minute

Riiiiiight. :D

I think it has more depth than people are crediting it with. The passing system is tricky but interesting. Especially with the L1 runs. Definately better than FIFA/Euro2004.

FIFA has those too you know, has for a while now ("Player Runs", there's probably a TM missing)... And the interesting passing... The only thing it doesn't have is that yellow-cross-pass-aim thing, which admittedly is an innovation.

stesh said:
someone please tell me where to get this, even if its not legal! ;) lol. PM me.

Guess we're gonna have to monitor some PMs here...

Be careful with your words, you're already carded.

Kezz said:
stesh said:

Be careful with your words, you're already carded.

Yea and that was for a load of rubbish as well, freedom of speech, i can say what i want lol. I got this 'bookin' many months ago for going "off topic" It's just stupid in my opinion how long do these stupid yellow cards last for?

stesh said:
Yea and that was for a load of rubbish as well, freedom of speech, i can say what i want lol. I got this 'bookin' many months ago for going "off topic" It's just stupid in my opinion how long do these stupid yellow cards last for?

As stated in our rules

The amount of time varies and you should PM a member of the moderating team when you feel the card should be removed and it is then up to them.

Against CPU this Game is not as good as FIFA or This s Football, but against another human, this Game rulez!!!! :mrgreen:

The "yellow-cross-pass-aim thing" seems a good idea but doesn't it tell your human opponents where you are kicking it? How long will it remain fun when people figure it out and intercept lots of your passes?

Kezz said:
stesh said:

you monitor users private messages? there are many ways to talk to somebody so it's pointless...
the second thing is it shouldn't be your business what members write between themself as long as they don't do that on public :roll:

Ok Ok, let's not turn this into non-FK talk (again). The site cannot allow people to talk about these things via PM, because they are then still using the site to do so, and the site can be blamed. If you want to talk about things that moderators and site admin do not allow you to on here, have some sense and accept their decision - it's not as if Evo-Web is the only way to have a conversation, have you never heard of instant messaging?

Zygalski said:
The "yellow-cross-pass-aim thing" seems a good idea but doesn't it tell your human opponents where you are kicking it? How long will it remain fun when people figure it out and intercept lots of your passes?

Yes but you are not committed to the pass, you can turn that way to move the cursor, and when the opponent anticipates that pass and moves to cover it, you just don't play the pass and dribble instead through the gap he has now left.

But the game is still extremely arcadey ;).

stesh are you a copper? I heared you were, if you arent then boy I made a fool of my self.

so let's back to topic ;)
would be VERY NICE if someone could post arcade lookin but very nice fake diving videos from FK, which made referee call you a faul or even penalty
I've just d/lded a movie with this fake dive and it looked kinda funny :D I wonder if you perform it bad a ref books you?

I know, I got it ;)
(you can't say yes coz everybody would stop using it;-)

ClassicD said:
Yes but you are not committed to the pass, you can turn that way to move the cursor, and when the opponent anticipates that pass and moves to cover it, you just don't play the pass and dribble instead through the gap he has now left.

But then you'd dribble towards where you were faking to pass so you'd have to anticipate that too. And if you change direction, that would be easy to see too.
Oh well, this is getting to complicated now so I'll go play some PES3 instead ;)

The Power said:
These are Goalreplays all from a Namco Cup game on Hard setting.

1. Trezegoil: http://people.freenet.de/pes3/FKTreze.avi

2. Zidane and Henry: http://people.freenet.de/pes3/Zizou.avi

:D
nice moves showed on nice quality movies :) I remember Kahn had a similar save in World Cup in Korea/Japan, awesome

plz some more fake dives video (like that fk_cheater.avi posted by sum1 before)
I can trade my PES Mido skills and Figo dance videos for that :mrgreen:

PS. fd1972uk your avatar suxxx :shock:

soman said:
stesh are you a copper? I heared you were, if you arent then boy I made a fool of my self.

:mrgreen: LOL, damn you got me im a copper!... :roll:
Na dont worry.

As for the avatar, she was doing the suckin! lol

Mayor said:
plz some more fake dives video (like that fk_cheater.avi posted by sum1 before)
I can trade my PES Mido skills and Figo dance videos for that :mrgreen:

I have never seen that celebration on WE. THe figo dance I mean...Is this a goal celebration you implemented into the game? or is it there and I have just not seen it yet..?

Anyway..Those FK goals were so realistic looking, especially the flying keeper one....

Played a Full cup on this Game last Night and won the thing on my 1st attempt on Normal with France so was a little surprised by that, as I was expecting it to be a tad Harder.

I agree with the Masses in saying that this Game is not upto WE/PES standard just yet but at the same time WE/PES could learn and improve a thing or Two in certain aspects across the Board from Football Kingdom.

I especially liked some of the Celebration Camera Angles like the one were they run to the Corner flag and the camera is moving in to the players, its very "Sky Sports Steadicam" Style ! .........Nice.

- Crosses are good if a little too accelerated off the boot sometimes, same with Keeper Punts.

- Passing is more Free and Intuitive at times.

- Pitch Textures and Lines are Very Nice but Wear and Tear seems to be missing ?

- Player runs are well implemented

- Nets are stunning as everyone has said although they need more variation in their pattern/design as so far I have only seen "Hexagon" pattern Nets - Needs some square ones too.

My main hope for Football Kingdom....... isn't actually for Football Kingdom.........Its that our Favourite Konami developers play it or see it and are Inspired to "Outdo or Match" some of its Ideas, Innovations and Finest moments and integrate them into WE8 before August/September or whenever its coming.

Lastly hats off to Namco for a valiant first attempt back into the Football market, in the end all competition, is good competition for Konami & the WE/PES series.

P.S. How funny is the Japanese woman singing when you win the Cup :mrgreen:

DaaaRaaa....Daaarraaa. dara dara daradddda ! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom