Football Kingdom [PS2]

It's a good game for a first attempt, but the actual style of the game is intentionally arcadey, so I would assume any sequel will follow this pattern as well.

Sure it's better than PES1 now, but that's because you've since played PES/WE sequels. If you saw this game at the same time you first saw PES1 I'm not so sure you'd still think it was better, but that's really impossible to prove either way.

I can't believe i said this game was good, it's horrific! It's far too sluggish and the shooting is awfull. So it's back to the real deal in WE again for me. :D

I've just had a couple of 2 player games against my nephew. I'm really enjoying the game, now i've figured out most of the controls.

Didn't like this game at first, but as I get used to it, it's more enjoyable. Single sqaure shooting is awful.

it's nice, but WE is the better game - no doubt

I want these free kicks in WE :D
I want these nets in WE :D
I want some of the tricks in WE :D
I want these long balls in WE :D
I want these pitch textures in WE :D

the feints of those videos are made by pressing both L2+R2 or R2 twice...feits are not pulled randomly!

I believe some of you are playing the game to fast...the game can addapt to your kind of play, try to play it slower, dribbling players and making through passes and you'll enjoy it a lot more...in WE it's you who have to addapt to the game!
There's something about the shooting, sometimes it seems it's really bad but there are some changes that can be made in the controler options,but it's all in jap...

No need to post it 3 times Elber :roll:

I agree with Soundtracker, the game can really adapt to your own kind of play. I play plenty of long balls, where as my nephew dribbles and passes his way through.

dannyboy22 said:
No need to post it 3 times Elber :roll:

I agree with Soundtracker, the game can really adapt to your own kind of play. I play plenty of long balls, where as my nephew dribbles and passes his way through.

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS GAME???

well it is on lik-sang.com for 28.37 and it includes freee shipping.

i am pondering wether to splash out on it.

is it worth £30?

Its a good footy game but not better then WE7int.
FK has some great new features. But the basics of the game makes it a more arcade.

Most of you say that we7i or fk are really easy.. But you must remember that most of us are long time WE players, so after just a few days of getting used to new moves or style of play, it gets really easy. But you also have to remember that millions of people around the world who play these games don't have the same skills as most of us. When NAMCO or KONAMI make games, they aren't thinking of the 30.000 evo web hardcore football simulation loving members. They wan't to please the masses... It would be great to have a game that was always challenging. But every game has limitations. So, after a while, it gets easy, no matter the team you choose. What can they do to improve difficulty? Everytime most people have a dificult game most of the time it's cpu cheating, or ai scripts. But maybe that's the only way to make the game more dificult.

Hm hardcore gamers will find the online play the real challenge.

ok guys, the pro-football kingdom corner shoots back ;)

i have played the game multiplayer now with a friend and i still like it very much.
my friend was not impressed with the game very much.

as you can see there are more people who dont like the game and only a minority who like the game.

what does this tell us?
ok first of all, as some of you people might know already, i am really a winning eleven fanatic (or better i used to be a fanatic especially with we7) and when we8 is released i am sure it will be a very great football game - the best of all time for sure.

at the moment however i am really kinda sick of we7i. after i have played football kingdom with my friend we played a game of we7i which brutally gave me:

1. gayly animated shots where the player jumps in the air after the shot with his standing leg

2. crappy stepovers and tricks

3. no inside of the foot shots

4. in comparison with FK: RIDICULOUS curl on the shots, i.g. no curl at all

5. no space in midfield, FK gives you more time to think in my opinion

6. worse tackling animation than FK, worse crossing etc.

well, FK is a great game which has a better "flow of the match" than we7i in my opinion and i will play it probably more often than we7i until we8 arrives if "hard" difficulty in FK does not cheat as much as we7i...

peace

Oh yeah, online will be the ultimate challenge! Really can't wait. It would be fun if Seabass implemented the 11 vs 11 mode, which he dreams of. Kinda chaotic, but if you like clan like teams, it could turn out great!

Alright I just played it at a friend's house. . . .

It's a nice diversion to the WE routine, and JFLO, the net physics are sweet. I scored a 30 yard scorcher with Totti against Nigeria, and the fucking net bulge made was only matched by the bulge in my pants. :mrgreen:

I have yet to figure out the buttons properly cuz I only played 2 games. It is unrealistically fast paced, but I like the fact that crosses are pacier and somehow you feel more confident with your passing in this game.

The free kicks are great and almost scored twice off them. you can really fire off a rocket from a one touch shot or from possession.

I am gonna find some instructions on this thread and hit it again, so I can give a full review tomorrow.

At this point - not as good or polished as WE7, but certainly offers much for a first time game. Konami beware - there are improvements to be made and if you read this thread, you will see what they are.

BTW - player models are always good for a laugh whenever there is a close up!!

If anyone knows how to do 1-2's holler at me. Also, if someone can put a simple list together in another thread for movements and commands, that would be cool (as long as Mods think its ok).

ghazi...FK is not that fast paced...it's your style of play that makes you have that opinion!
just try to play slower...passing the ball in midfield to create some spaces up front and try dribling and feinting more...you'll see it's much more fun to play like that...as i said it's like in real life...the game can really addapt to your kind of play!
You can choose to run with the ball and dribble, do a lot of passing, just throw some long balls up front,...unfortunatelly WE doesn't give us so much freedom.

Try for example pressing L1 while you have the ball and you'll start controling the direction of other near player and than you can choose to make a through pass or just keep ball possession. Great idea Namco!!!

wouldn't be a bad idea to create a 'moves&commands only thread' for football kingdom...

Haven't been 1 on 1 with the keeper in this game yet..

It just seems like the defenders never leave their half or if they do, they fall back immediately after the CPU losses possesion. Man, their PK area is always packed.

I can't even get into a clear position anywhere in the PK area. Most of my goals come from crosses.

And that's on NORMAL. Haven't tried HARD yet. The game's not easy at all.

DAY 3

Let me just start off by saying this: Amazing game. Today, I've discovered a whole buncha things in this game. 1. Like someone said, the game isn't too fast or too slow, how it's played is totally up to the player. Yesterday I was playing using the long balls non-stop. Today, I started dribbling in the middle of the field and when running down the wings. Totally different experience. 2. I saw at least 3 types of volleys and at least 3 header animations (something that WE doesn't have and should add in WE8). 3. You can actually fumble the shots! And I really mean fumble! In WE7, you can only fumble if I def attacks you while shooting, here, you fumble, if your player hits the ball with the wrong part of the foot [the idea of: wrong place at wrong time] (something that WE doesn't have and should add in WE8).

THOUGHTS

I still can't believe how people say this game is "wank" or "far behind WE." Simply not true. They either didn't spend much time with the game or are aware of this and try to defend their beloved WE.

If I were to make a list of 1. things that I like better in FK and 2. things that I like better in WE, the list #1 would surely be longer.

I could give a couple of diff examples but here's a good one: WE, in my opinion lacks the dynamics of football. The game is kinda slow. FK can be both slow and fast. If you just pass the ball around back and forth it'll be slow but then, you send a guy down the wing, he starts pullin off crazy tricks and the action gets a lot faster, more intense, like in real life. Hell, you can't dribble in WE, so it's probably a bad example. :-$

Seriously, one more person say this game sucks and I'll post lists 1 and 2. :D

In the end, I'm glad as hell I bought this game. I don't find it boring at all. Everytime I play I see something new. Today, I actually managed to score some break away goals. One was sweet. I was in the PK, pushed out to the end line. Started running towards the goal and pressed Square. Shevchenko curled (lol, don't tell anyone you can curl the ball in this game) the ball over the goalie and into the net. It was ultra sweet.

PEACE!

Football Kingdom 2 will rule.

I took KONAMI 10 years to get to where they are today. Took NAMCO 1 try to come close to WE and even outdo it in some aspects.

It can only get better. :D

Back
Top Bottom