Football Kingdom [PS2]

Ok, a treat for those that have not played it...

These are replays all from a World Cup game on Easy setting. So don't be too put off if it looks too easy. You'll need DivX to watch them.

These aren't supposed to be stunning goals or anything, just a taster for JFlores and co. :D

Some nice control with a strange (glitchy) turn:
Control 1

Stunning ball control but again the turn looks odd:
Control 2

Lovely free pass:
Free Pass 1

Great finish (Robbie Keane, i think):
Goal 1

Another Robbie classic (remember this is Easy setting :) ) with nice net ripple:
Goal 2

Another good finish. Check out the net!
Goal 3

Headed goal by the CPU:
Header 1

Well worked free kick by the CPU. Great save:
Save 1

Great ball, great control, poor effort:
Shot 1

Good tackle and pass...
Tackle 1

...followed by a shot that hits the post!
Post 1

jumbo said:
yo jflores, wtf's going on with them play-asia. they ain't shipped nothin yet...

I know, as you can imagine I am the one suffering here since you already have the game. Or, at least a copy of it.

I send them an email this morning asking what the hell is going on with my order. It is stuck on "Preparing order". Those little japs are starting to piss me off...

Three things you don't mess with....My wife, My car, and my Money...Kapish! :x

That's exactly what I wrote to them...

In regards to the movies from Jink Master...

I did notice an odd animation on one of the clips. It looked as if there was no connection or fluidness in the transition. It wasn't that bad IMO though.

Those goal nets look unbelievable.

C'mon play-asia!!!!! Hurry already!!!

Yes, sometime players will turn 180 degrees instantly, and there needs to be more frames between certain moves. Still, i'm sure things will improve in Namco continue the series.

well i have played more games and its worse than i originaly thought

and whats so important about the goal nets haha

This game is great!!!
At the start you'll find it kind of stange cause you're used to WE, but once you start getting used to FK it's really very good. Some things could be much better of course...but namco really did an awesome job here! Maybe it's not as consistent as WE but it's already close to it! Some things are much better! Just play it as a football game and don't think about WE. Some things about WE aren't really close to reality...

After playing 3 games and testing a few things in training mode...the game is very fluid and the decisions you can take on the field are a lot more than those you can in WE. Here you can make long passes, dribble 1on1, pass quickly through the players (that always try to create some passing lines), you can hold the ball and ask for any player to go up for a through (holding L1 i think) pass os just wait for your team to create some spaces up front. There's also a much larger amount of feints you can do here...and more efficient than on WE.
Player animations are also much better...the contact between players, the crosses, the way player control the ball and pass quickly...

I seriously think that Konami really needs to start working hard on WE/PES and this FK was really a very nice surprise so far...hope it'll be released in europe.

I'll post some videos of feints later ;)

You can curl the ball. When playing a :circle: pass, pull left or right while the power bar goes up. You can really swing it if you get it right. I think it works for shooting as well, but i'm not 100% on that yet.

i have ordered from lik-sang as they say 1-2 days nomal shipping. hoping it will be shipped tomorrow.

Jink Master said:
Has anyone managed to save a replay to the memory card yet? If i can work that out then i'll create some videos.
I think it's :square: during the replay.

Yes you can definitely curl the ball with shots, most times I originally aim a few yards wide then curl it inward.

Yep :square: to save a goal.

Has anyone seen the highlights at the end of the game? They're really good, the commentators comment on your moves, circle your players while arrows appear showing the players run, very good :D

this game is fecking amazing!!!
anyone knows how i can record the game to dvd? i tried with nero but doesn't work!HELP!

tonight i'll play with 3 friends using multitap...i can imagine how great this game is playing against humans...wih all these feints and dribling & pass possibilities...

MrCoopz said:
well i have played more games and its worse than i originaly thought

and whats so important about the goal nets haha

how can you say such thing??? I've it wasn't for the player models and kits and edited teams...i'd say this is better than WE!!!

And i've been playing WE/PES for years!!!

At least so far (playing on hard fificulty mode) i just can't appoint any major problems this game has appart from those i refered...maybe game speed is to fast...don't know if we can change it though.

No translation of menus yet?

cappz8 said:
while standing, pressing and holding R2 and pressing back and fore on the LAS and then releasing R2 and moving forward will result in the player "flipping the ball over his head" trick move, the one jay-jay okocha made famous.

Damn! :shock: That sounds tight - I'm actually sitting at work in my '98 Nigeria Okocha jersey and i just read this. . . . I guess I know what my next game is gonna be. Clearly this is no random coincidence - it is a sign from God that I am destined to play this game.

As for the arcadey nature of it, who cares. If I want total realism, I can play WE7. Sometimes you need a little something different to beat your frineds down with.

Lol, anyone started the K mode yet?

I did. Chose Barca. Got Sheva, Kaka, Pirlo, McManaman.

Couldn't score in 2 games. All 10 teams are full of stars. They're hard as hell.

Soundtracker said:
how can you say such thing??? I've it wasn't for the player models and kits and edited teams...i'd say this is better than WE!!!

And i've been playing WE/PES for years!!!

At least so far (playing on hard fificulty mode) i just can't appoint any major problems this game has appart from those i refered...maybe game speed is to fast...don't know if we can change it though.

No translation of menus yet?

:lol: O:) :lol:

How can you say this?!?! Unbelievable this game isnt bad, but far far far away from the level of WE.
Just played a couple of games, well this game will definaltely not be long in my PS2.
The keepers are really horrible, they keep like shit. Argh :x
The graphics are bad, look at the player models!! They have a fucking small head compared to their body, and freaking long legs. The animation arent that good either, lot of dissapaering bodies etc.

What is good about this game? The Free Kicks are fucking awesome!! I scored some beauties of Free Kicks unbelievable!! 8) Penalties are also way better then WE although changing the camera position is a bit strange. I do hope Konami also will implent great Free Kicks and superb PK's like FK.

Something strange, I was playing without any rain but soon as there was a replay it rained?? And why has the keeper 8 of that flesses behind is goal?! :?:

First I gave this game a 7 now I give it a 7.5 nothing more nothing less...

Cheers

As the ball approaches your player, I think if you hold in a direction and :r2: he will knock it 5 yards in front of him in that direction and chase it, or set himself up for a nice volley.

can someone post a video of heelflip trick?

trick.gif

thanx :mrgreen:

I've just been trying to do that ClassicD, can't get it to work for me. As soon as i receive the ball the play just slows down and stops.

Meant to say from a high ball, not a regular pass although sometimes it seems to work there too. Don't hold :r2: in though, just tap it as the ball arrives. Also :l1: and :circle: seems to be a high-through pass or different style of cross.

Just played my first match. Not bad.
France 2 - 2 Wales.

Giggsy has some mean dribbling skills! :cool:
Can't get the hang of shooting. How do you do it?

Back
Top Bottom