FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

Another mod that literally copy pasted my locale.ini file and gave no credit. :R1:R1

Hi paul, sorry for the late reply, I seriously thought that everyone could use those lines freely, I just used the kill everyone line and some AI_Objectives for crosses and I apologize for not giving you credit! My next mod will have a line crediting you sir!

Kind regards.

Hi paul, sorry for the late reply, I seriously thought that everyone could use those lines freely, I just used the kill everyone line and some AI_Objectives for crosses and I apologize for not giving you credit! My next mod will have a line crediting you sir!

Kind regards.
Thanks brother.

Only reason I knew that you copied my locale.ini (EXACTLY) was because you had copied my own comments and order of settings. Otherwise, I'd have no idea haha.

Another mod that literally copy pasted my locale.ini file and gave no credit. :R1:R1
I see this rampantly in the modding community now of several sports games. People never mean anything by it. But they seem to think, well but it's to honour the quality. And it seems people online these days (maybe younger?) don't have the same sense that it's a big deal to use a part of a mod. Youtube is replete with stolen mods for FIFA used in different configurations and what's worse there is that they are put behind a million clicks that make them money.

Just ask. I don't see why that's such a foreign idea.

I see this rampantly in the modding community now of several sports games. People never mean anything by it. But they seem to think, well but it's to honour the quality. And it seems people online these days (maybe younger?) don't have the same sense that it's a big deal to use a part of a mod. Youtube is replete with stolen mods for FIFA used in different configurations and what's worse there is that they are put behind a million clicks that make them money.

Just ask. I don't see why that's such a foreign idea.
Whilst I see Paul's and other modders points, do they ask EA for permission? And did sites such as PES Universe ask Konami for permission?

I do agree that it's common courtesy to just give credit to the original modder at the very least, but there's a lot of grey areas here and I personally don't see an issue if someone uses someone elses mod file as long as they're not monetising it.

Whilst I see Paul's and other modders points, do they ask EA for permission? And did sites such as PES Universe ask Konami for permission?

I do agree that it's common courtesy to just give credit to the original modder at the very least, but there's a lot of grey areas here and I personally don't see an issue if someone uses someone elses mod file as long as they're not monetising it.
Bro, Paul is not asking for people ask him to use his mod files. He's just asking for the credit of "I took this from here". It's obviously that we don't need to credit EA because... well, WE ARE MAKING A MOD FOR THEIR GAME, THAT BTW IS FUCKING BROKEN. I mean, it's an obvious thing, so no credit is needed. However, it's obvious that you need to give credit to your sources, that's how you said, a common courtesy thing, of acknolwledeging the original person who either made a discovery, or where you took something you needed.

I'll say it here just in case that I forget to give the proper credit in case I ever release the mod I am working on. I use @Paul-v locale.ini, and took his kickpass and kickshoot as a base, though I worked over them after (at least kickpass, can't remember if I touched kickshot already, if not I'll do probably), so probably there's more of my own changes than from Paul-v, but I still took things from him. That, for not talking about the numerous values here and there that help me understand how the game works, even if I don't use those values or EBX.

The whole thing is that using something from someone else, is good to give credit and say... I learned from this person, this person gave me this, etc. etc. Mostly because I feel that's deserved, even by the little ammount a person has given to you, is good to acknowledge what they gave you, helps to build healthy relationships, and as I always said, a work you do is not only yours, but from all you're rounded. So yeah, giving credit and making people feel involved somehow in your work, even indirectly, is always something good and tbh, I also think that it helps that your mod has also certain visibility. There's just nothing wrong into crediting but all the opposite, is presenting something to the community and make the community itself feel like that work is partially son of everyone. That always feels nice.

Why the Fifa 23 PC version takes time to load ? On the other hand Fifa22 takes no time.

I reinstalled and still same. What could be the reason ? Can any 1 help here ?
Thanks

Why the Fifa 23 PC version takes time to load ? On the other hand Fifa22 takes no time.

Thanks
Blame EA mate not mate right on pc useless they are

Thanks
Hi mate. It's EA anti cheat system(shit?) the problem. Try to used it in administrator mode

I personally don't see an issue if someone uses someone elses mod file as long as they're not monetising it.
There are almost none that aren't monetising it. And nobody said it was illegal it's just a shitty, disingenuous, impolite thing to do and always in the end leads to communities of modders fading away. So, some of us take great issue with it.

Bro, Paul is not asking for people ask him to use his mod files. He's just asking for the credit of "I took this from here". It's obviously that we don't need to credit EA because... well, WE ARE MAKING A MOD FOR THEIR GAME, THAT BTW IS FUCKING BROKEN. I mean, it's an obvious thing, so no credit is needed. However, it's obvious that you need to give credit to your sources, that's how you said, a common courtesy thing, of acknolwledeging the original person who either made a discovery, or where you took something you needed.

I'll say it here just in case that I forget to give the proper credit in case I ever release the mod I am working on. I use @Paul-v locale.ini, and took his kickpass and kickshoot as a base, though I worked over them after (at least kickpass, can't remember if I touched kickshot already, if not I'll do probably), so probably there's more of my own changes than from Paul-v, but I still took things from him. That, for not talking about the numerous values here and there that help me understand how the game works, even if I don't use those values or EBX.

The whole thing is that using something from someone else, is good to give credit and say... I learned from this person, this person gave me this, etc. etc. Mostly because I feel that's deserved, even by the little ammount a person has given to you, is good to acknowledge what they gave you, helps to build healthy relationships, and as I always said, a work you do is not only yours, but from all you're rounded. So yeah, giving credit and making people feel involved somehow in your work, even indirectly, is always something good and tbh, I also think that it helps that your mod has also certain visibility. There's just nothing wrong into crediting but all the opposite, is presenting something to the community and make the community itself feel like that work is partially son of everyone. That always feels nice.
Excellent post; we all stand on the shoulders of giants.

Last edited:
Cant wait…! 🥳

what do you mean by 10 different looks?! 🤔

edit: could be helpful to have a regular comparison shot next to your reshade shot. 🤷‍♂️
Just like I released for FIFA 16...so there will be different coloured turfs etc to pick from.

just tried the new version of the gameplay perhaps in a derby there is more aggressive cpu foul with 3 expulsion, easy victory. in some situations I notice an unpleasant magnet effect of the ball in favor of the cpu, the road is the right one overall. Thank you

FIFA 23 05_04_2023 22_37_23.png

Hello everyone, I have a problem with fifa 23 pc.
in game everything is fine it is quite fluid but in the cut-scenes, penalties, free kicks, corner kicks the game drops considerably in fps and jerks
how can it be solved? I also turned the details down to low but no improvement

Anyone know where to find the best mod faces for this?
Unfortunetly the mods for the game are hardly spreaded towards Patreon and Twitter. I feel you. It´s just a mess to search around. You can take a look at Fifainfinity downloadcenter from the related website. A couple of mods are there for download. But if you want a specific single face you must go to discord and there is sometimes a mess too by clicking through. Twitter is often more handy, just search for FIFA Facemakers there. Some really good Face mods are free there, while other leading to Patreon. I wonder often when I see the Prices for just single faces or a Pack. I know it´s much work to do with blender software but hmmm...
Anyway, the best free huge sized Patch for FIFA 23 is available now since yesterday called EEP 23 v.1.0. Creator is Slim with his team of "free" working Modders. I can´t nerf enough to download and try this huge free Patch, Guys! Idk if Slim released the Patch on soccergamingforum like he did the last years too?! But if anyone wants to join his discord Server give me a sign in PM and I link a invitation for you. I repeated again: Full free Patch with unique features and leagues. German 4th League, Italian Serie C, many more new leagues like Greece, Croatia, Serbia, Brasil on top of FIFA 23 default leagues. Many custom made faces, Graphics and more. Perfect to play with Paul´s gameplay a.e. I already started a new League yesterday. I don´t wanna link the discord site for the Patch here in public because I am not sure if it´s allowed. But like I said the Patch is completly free for everyone to download from Slim´s discord Server.

EDIT: I found in the Patch download Folder the public download Site from Slim Modder. If the Admins want that I remove the link from my Post here @Chris Davies or it is against the Forum rules than I will do that of course. FIFA 23 lacks with good Patches and this one enhance the game and make it much more enjoyable.

https://eep-fifa.de/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom