FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

The new title update actually improves tackling and jockeying. Not a bad title update.
How is the pass speed impacted? I'm working on a gameplay mod and just got the speeds balanced nicely, so I'm afraid to mess with it!!

I have to say I'm absolutely loving the game at the moment. Never EVER thought I would say that about 23. I know it's a modded version of it, but some of the fundamental balancing issues that existed on release have been cleaned up to EA's credit.

How is the pass speed impacted? I'm working on a gameplay mod and just got the speeds balanced nicely, so I'm afraid to mess with it!!

I have to say I'm absolutely loving the game at the moment. Never EVER thought I would say that about 23. I know it's a modded version of it, but some of the fundamental balancing issues that existed on release have been cleaned up to EA's credit.

Pass speed is worse I think. Are you going to share your gameplay mod? Excited to try it with the new title update.

The new title update actually improves tackling and jockeying. Not a bad title update.
Okay, you got me... I downloaded it again...

I must admit, I agree on this. The changes to the stab-tackle/grab button in general make a positive difference (with more instances of tackle attempts that are mistimed and end up causing a foul - by the human player, that is).

Nice to have something positive to say - credit where credit's due!

...but (sorry). The passing. Jesus. It's faster than ever. Passes now move with seemingly no friction applied to the ball whatsoever. Without exaggeration, they remind me of the passes from FIFA 98; physics just don't exist. The ball flies from player to player as if it's a torchlight being flicked between them - instantly, at the flick of a wrist.

This gives no time to reposition players to defend the (constant) counter-attacks, and (as we know) the AI defenders do nothing to help you. Combine this with every player running towards goal and even at half-time you'll see 20 shots shared between the teams.

I also had two instances where my defender blocked the ball on the line with a knee / arse, and it magically deflected perfectly to my left-back like the most incredible pass you've ever seen. It looks stupid, and it feels stupid.

So much potential. It feels so good in parts. PLEASE just let us un-dumb-down the game when it comes to EASFC.

Okay, you got me... I downloaded it again...

I must admit, I agree on this. The changes to the stab-tackle/grab button in general make a positive difference (with more instances of tackle attempts that are mistimed and end up causing a foul - by the human player, that is).

Nice to have something positive to say - credit where credit's due!

...but (sorry). The passing. Jesus. It's faster than ever. Passes now move with seemingly no friction applied to the ball whatsoever. Without exaggeration, they remind me of the passes from FIFA 98; physics just don't exist. The ball flies from player to player as if it's a torchlight being flicked between them - instantly, at the flick of a wrist.

This gives no time to reposition players to defend the (constant) counter-attacks, and (as we know) the AI defenders do nothing to help you. Combine this with every player running towards goal and even at half-time you'll see 20 shots shared between the teams.

I also had two instances where my defender blocked the ball on the line with a knee / arse, and it magically deflected perfectly to my left-back like the most incredible pass you've ever seen. It looks stupid, and it feels stupid.

So much potential. It feels so good in parts. PLEASE just let us un-dumb-down the game when it comes to EASFC.

For the passing and positioning issue, i highly recommend @Paul-v gameplay patch. It makes a whole world of difference. You will still see some cases of your player not marking properly but it's more heavily relied on attributes/states driven than random chance.

Anyone noticing the dreaded increase in speed of movement after the update? So annoyed that they've thrown the balance out regarding the interactions between players again. The CPU is doing that awful thing again where they just run at you for no reason and you can just slightly move to the left or right and the run right past you and you've beaten them. They had the interactions balanced quite nicely on TU8.

Argh just as I had my mod balanced and almost ready to release. I was really enjoying it!!

Anyone know if there's a way to roll back to TU8 (using EA app)?

Anyone noticing the dreaded increase in speed of movement after the update? So annoyed that they've thrown the balance out regarding the interactions between players again. The CPU is doing that awful thing again where they just run at you for no reason and you can just slightly move to the left or right and the run right past you and you've beaten them. They had the interactions balanced quite nicely on TU8.

Argh just as I had my mod balanced and almost ready to release. I was really enjoying it!!

Im guessing you are using FET? As this is easily moddable and itll always be the same for every title update.

I mean, this is the point of your gameplay mod. You fix/change things you don't like, to your liking.

Im guessing you are using FET? As this is easily moddable and itll always be the same for every title update.

I mean, this is the point of your gameplay mod. You fix/change things you don't like, to your liking.
Yeah I am. I can’t seem to get your tool working for me with gameplay files for some reason. I’m sure it’s something I’m doing, but I can’t figure out what it is. All other mods work through your tool, but when I try and test by making the ball super large I get no change.

Decrease those acceleration boost lines inside gp_actor_movement (I know it’s crashing sometimes). That will prevent players moving at light speed when accelerating. Personally, I put them to 0 since I do not want any boost to override stats.

Decrease those acceleration boost lines inside gp_actor_movement (I know it’s crashing sometimes). That will prevent players moving at light speed when accelerating. Personally, I put them to 0 since I do not want any boost to override stats.
Thanks man I'll give that a go and set them all to 0. Are you using Fifa Editor Tool? Do you only have crashes on occasion? That sounds more positive...

Thanks man I'll give that a go and set them all to 0. Are you using Fifa Editor Tool? Do you only have crashes on occasion? That sounds more positive...
I'm using both FET and FMT right now. I got crashes only when editing actor_movement (this was happening last year as well and what makes me a bit angry is the lack of communication from FET team). So, i guess this is the only gameplay folder which is causing problem, since no other is making the game crash for me.

I'm using both FET and FMT right now. I got crashes only when editing actor_movement (this was happening last year as well and what makes me a bit angry is the lack of communication from FET team). So, i guess this is the only gameplay folder which is causing problem, since no other is making the game crash for me.
It's caused by incorrect SDK and EBX writing methods. Took me a while to figure it out for FMT. Movement (and a few others) has been a problem for FET since 22. 21 had major gameplay issues too, a lot of EBX not writing or just not putting the correct values in the correct places.

That and the locale.ini issues are the main reason I stuck with developing FMT for 23.

It's caused by incorrect SDK and EBX writing methods. Took me a while to figure it out for FMT. Movement (and a few others) has been a problem for FET since 22. 21 had major gameplay issues too, a lot of EBX not writing or just not putting the correct values in the correct places.

That and the locale.ini issues are the main reason I stuck with developing FMT for 23.
Yeah, always had a few problems with movement ebx. That’s why I’m working it in FMT as of now.

Btw why movement ? Is it because it’s one of the most frequently updated ebx ?

Btw why movement ? Is it because it’s one of the most frequently updated ebx ?
Frosty Editor (and therefore FET / FMM) do this strange comparison check on SDK generation against something in the memory filesystem (I wont bore you with the details) which removes one or two (not sure off top of my head) properties from what it tries to generate from those particular Types.

On top of that, AFAIK (this may have changed? only FET guys can tell us) FET still uses the wrong order to write EBX properties. So its a double wammy of problems.

So on occassion, especially in gameplay EBX, it writes the wrong float curve and arrays to the wrong values that the game expects. Therefore, crash! Gameplay EBX is one of the most complicated Types in the entire game, so its no surprise its an issue for us to deal with.

Took me about a month on and off to figure the issue out. As FMT is open source, I have no issue with FET guys looking at what I did and replicating it. :)

Frosty Editor (and therefore FET / FMM) do this strange comparison check on SDK generation against something in the memory filesystem (I wont bore you with the details) which removes one or two (not sure off top of my head) properties from what it tries to generate from those particular Types.

On top of that, AFAIK (this may have changed? only FET guys can tell us) FET still uses the wrong order to write EBX properties. So its a double wammy of problems.

So on occassion, especially in gameplay EBX, it writes the wrong float curve and arrays to the wrong values that the game expects. Therefore, crash! Gameplay EBX is one of the most complicated Types in the entire game, so its no surprise its an issue for us to deal with.

Took me about a month on and off to figure the issue out. As FMT is open source, I have no issue with FET guys looking at what I did and replicating it. :)
Thanks for the accurate reply mate. And I may confirm that FET still uses the wrong writing ebx order as you said.

I am finally enjoying playing FIFA again, thanks to Paul's gameplay mod. Started a career mode session with Salford City and played the first match in the League 2. Will post the story of the season per match. I am also using a custom career mode mod that exponentially improves Manager AI when it comes to squad management, transfers, training and youth development making future seasons even harder as AI managed teams gets stronger over time instead of weaker.

I am finally enjoying playing FIFA again, thanks to Paul's gameplay mod. Started a career mode session with Salford City and played the first match in the League 2. Will post the story of the season per match. I am also using a custom career mode mod that exponentially improves Manager AI when it comes to squad management, transfers, training and youth development making future seasons even harder as AI managed teams gets stronger over time instead of weaker.

Did you make the career mode mod or maybe can you share what is it man ?

Beautiful pass, even when not in perfect position (and the animation is so nice) at 4:15 and even better mishit (the shirt pulling before looks nice too) after that! 😍 I just love all those scrambled attempts…! 🥳

Last edited:

When I usually don’t watch gameplay videos for too long, I swollowed the whole thing during my first break at work. 😂
Second half has nice scrambled attempts, but also 3 sliding tackles by the AI were at least 1 should be a yellow card.
The equalizing goal for you would’ve been well deserved mate! At least it’s on now for the rematch! 💪😊

Back
Top Bottom