FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

i am new to Fifa, coming from PES and have really no Idea how to use mods etc. I have managed to use FMT 23.2 with a local.ini Gameplay file but "use mod Data" was greyed out, but at the log said ".....*.ini was loaded"
yeah - same for me ('use mod data' is greyed out) so I don't know if its actually launching the game with the mod, and what I need to do so that it's not greyed out

I've got the Broadcast Cam modding going nicely via Cheat Engine, but something SENSATIONAL has occurred within that testing, something I believe is 100% to be down to how Paul has built the FMT tool................full report coming up from me shortly...........put it this way, once Cam settings are set...........Cheat Engine not needed afterwards!!!

I've got the Broadcast Cam modding going nicely via Cheat Engine, but something SENSATIONAL has occurred within that testing, something I believe is 100% to be down to how Paul has built the FMT tool................full report coming up from me shortly...........put it this way, once Cam settings are set...........Cheat Engine not needed afterwards!!!
can you sent me the values of cheat engine to check it?

Ok, what I did was use latest Cheat Engine (after using FMT 23.5 by Paul which I got working in the end), and I used the old tried and tested search for memory addresses showing 16 then showing 14 then showing 18 etc after changing, for example, the Height for the Cam in game from firstly 16, then to 14, then to 18. It ends up with 4 memory addresses that matches that sequence and so you then know that if you manually in Cheat Engine change them addresses to, say, 180, then go back into the match itself, that camera is raised up high...

I did the same for the Zoom, wanting to go right out so I used -120 for the memory addresses I found that seemed to be linked to Zoom.

The REAL MAGIC happened after I rebooted to try again, I first loaded the game up via Paul's FMT 23.5 and tested that the game was back to its default Height and Zoom.........(ahead of loading up Cheat Engine to test again, and bear in mind that importantly the memory address used for FIFA23.exe each time changes on subsequent loading up afresh the game depending on the memory situation on the PC.....).........and I nearly fell off my chair.

The game had KEPT all the Height and Zoom settings, they were set on this fresh load up, and remember, I had rebooted too. Now that IS surreal!

In recent years every time this method was used you had to go into Cheat Engine, locate the FIFA23.exe process, do a fresh search for the values in Height/Zoom, narrow it down to the memory addresses these parameters were using at that moment...............and set them accordingly, to raise the cam up high.

So amazingly now, something I am assuming, within how Paul has configured FMT, is allowing the game to cache / remember these settings for subsequent loading of the game?

Anyway, i am sure Paul will let me know if that is true. I now have, unless I uninstall the game, Broadcast Cam at the ridiculously high settings as below:--

Height 180
Zoom -120

I have attached the 180/-120 screenshots, and also attached how it looks using just the Height at 180, as well as just the Height at 240...

(notice how for the Height at 240 the camera view is ABOVE the roof, lol, so not ideal! Also, 4294967176 shows instead of -120 for the Zoom setting, not sure why, but inserting the value of -120 or indeed any minus value into Cheat Engine, it shows as one of these huge numbers, but you can see in the game settings it showing nicely as -120 !)

If anyone wants help doing the same thing, and bear in mind ANY camera should be able to be changed in this manner, let me know.........I personally think it is STUNNING that once a cam is set like this, it stays permanently without having to load Cheat Engine next time around. Also important to note that the settings here of 180/ -120 stay the same if a different stadium is loaded, this one was done for PSG's stadium, I tried the same for Old Toilet and it was set to way above the roof, quite useful really as it meant I didnt have to watch Utd !!!

Broadcast Cam at 180 Height and -120 Zoom showing Settings screen.jpgBroadcast Cam at 180 Height and -120 Zoom.jpgBroadcast Cam at 180 Height.pngBroadcast Cam at 240 Height.jpg

How is it not a long term method if once you change it it stays set without having to use Cheat Engine?

Unless..........you meant of course that once its slid back or forth, for H or Z, it then loses these huge values and the huge values are no longer available, and in that case, yes, not ideal long term.

I just think its great that its cached the settings this time around, and would assume thats down to the loader to start with being FMT and its caching of the game files, although its still bizarre as it is memory settings we change via Cheat Engine and so how on earth is the game showing 180/ -120 still on load up again, I could understand if it showed that but didnt depict them settings in game, but to both still be set on rebooted load ups of the game is strange, but bloody cool at the same time!

Great time to be alive though, Paul getting this up and running so quickly, so now the fun really begins, I loved his gameplay mods so far, this could be very interesting indeed with these cam views enhancing what we see, the in game cams do not do the game justice.

Btw Campeador, which cam mode was you in when you pulled the zoom and height back that far? Is that the EAGAMESPORTS CAM or whatever its called in NG?

Aha.............just noticed it says EA Sports live, that will indeed be the Cam I guessed it is, nice work, that literally must stay still or move just slightly to create a subtle angle at each side, what a perfect overall view of the whole pitch!

Last edited:
I'm wondering Paul, re: my method and its bizarre "permanent settings" outcome above, if a file containing these 180 / -120 settings would now be present in the FMT folder ? If so, others could simply use it being as its not "memory location dependant" as per in previous years when Cheat Engine has enabled these manual settings to be set in the first place??

Possibly to do with one of these, all now present in the root of the FMT folder ? :---

LastPatchedVersion.json

LastLaunchedMods.json
(I wasnt launching any of your gameplay mods whilst setting the cam via Cheat Engine so this prob irrelevant)

LastLocation.json

test-1647564473.fbmod

all these files have last saved/modified date/time of today at 15.54, around about the time I was setting these cam values and cold hard booting again to find they were permanently currently still set.

Last edited:
I haven't really investigated camera settings much to be honest. They should be editable now with the FMT 23.6 release a few moments ago.

@blonde_bed_Babe your Cheat Engine edited settings are likely saving to a save file somewhere and were probably always editable if the tools were available to do it. The large number instead of the negative number is it converting from integer to unsigned integer (a number that can only be positive).

Yes, must be being saved somewhere, might be the switch to the NG engine and how it now possibly saves Cheat Engine enabled "out of scope" settings for the cameras, i.e. it doesn't remove anything out of scope on loading anymore (as per FIFA 13 -> 22 (possibly further back) and keeps them intact now.

Great work on the tool so far mate, I am a member of your Patreon, one of the few that has ever been well worth the investment!

Yes, must be being saved somewhere, might be the switch to the NG engine and how it now possibly saves Cheat Engine enabled "out of scope" settings for the cameras, i.e. it doesn't remove anything out of scope on loading anymore (as per FIFA 13 -> 22 (possibly further back) and keeps them intact now.

Great work on the tool so far mate, I am a member of your Patreon, one of the few that has ever been well worth the investment!do
are the angles can be changed? i see height and zoom can be changed but from cheat engine i cant do it can you save your values of cheat engine and sent it to me?

Those Height and Zoom settings, not only do they get saved into your Documents\Fifa23 folder (from tests I've done since), but all the other Cameras retain the same settings, so I have permanently very high up cameras now for all, End to End is nice as its literally Sensible Soccer now using Fifa 23's gameplay.

Those Height and Zoom settings, not only do they get saved into your Documents\Fifa23 folder (from tests I've done since), but all the other Cameras retain the same settings, so I have permanently very high up cameras now for all, End to End is nice as its literally Sensible Soccer now using Fifa 23's gameplay.
Could you share those saved files in document folder man ?

Ι can't use cheat engine it throws me out says can't run both with anti cheat that's why I asking how can be done with FMT 23.6?

paoko84 - You need to do the extra bit as explained by Paulv2k4 some posts back, its on post #405....... just change the AntiCheat.exe to FIFA23.exe in the section he explains...........I needed to do that to get v23.5 of FMT to work...

By then getting FMT v23.5 or v23.6 to actually run, when you launch FIFA23 from within FMT it doesnt load up the AntiCheat, and from that moment on, the Cheat Engine is your............Oyster.

Its all within, somewhere, my FIFA23 document\ folder, it comes to around 62mb. If I rar or zipped it up, you would have to run my whole profile each time.

With Origin no doubt my folder will link to my l/p account, so I doubt it would work for others.

Its more fun to simply learn the Cheat Engine technique, once you know it, its a piece of piss, as we say in the UK.

If I can find out which individual file might contain Settings "settings", i.e. the game's settings parameters that stay set each time you load up the game, which includes slider settings, video settings, camera settings etc, I might be able to attach it here

If I can find out which individual file might contain Settings "settings", i.e. the game's settings parameters that stay set each time you load up the game, which includes slider settings, video settings, camera settings etc, I might be able to attach it here
For me is the best way this one with your settings to share

paoko84 - You need to do the extra bit as explained by Paulv2k4 some posts back, its on post #405....... just change the AntiCheat.exe to FIFA23.exe in the section he explains...........I needed to do that to get v23.5 of FMT to work...

By then getting FMT v23.5 or v23.6 to actually run, when you launch FIFA23 from within FMT it doesnt load up the AntiCheat, and from that moment on, the Cheat Engine is your............Oyster.
The first way ok I understand to do it when I will run cheat engine I can't understand about the values a video share how you do it will be helpful

I have awful lags during online play, makes no sense as i'm in Europe and have a 300 GB glass fibre connection (wired). Obviously no issues in FIFA 22 but in FIFA 23 there is speed up lag, input delay and general stutters. Any idea how to make it better?

Back
Top Bottom