FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/634196/fifa-23-title-update-3

The latest Title Update will soon be available for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, Stadia, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One versions of FIFA 23, and it will include the changes below.

General, Audio, and Visual

Made the following changes:
  • Added the FIFA World Cup 2022™ experience.
    • To learn more about the FIFA World Cup 2022™ experience, check out our Pitch Notes.
  • Removed the previously existing Brazil team from Kick Off, Tournaments, Online Friendlies, and Online Seasons.
    • The Brazil national team, featuring players competing in the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2022™, can be used in the FIFA World Cup 2022™ experience.
  • Updated some commentary lines and celebrations.

Addressed the following issues:
  • In some cases, Training Center Focus Areas did not update to take into account the selected Controller Settings preset.
  • Addressed multiple stability issues that could occur.

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 23 season, we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available. Be sure to follow @EAFIFADIRECT on Twitter and the EASF Tracker for the latest updates.

- The EA SPORTS FIFA Team
Me silly, just can’t let go of the habit of reading those notes in hope to find gameplay fixes that matter….
🤷‍♂️

Brace.

Made the following changes:
  • Increased Stamina Decay by up to 41% for Constant Pressure, Press After Possession Loss, and Press On Heavy Touch Defensive Custom Tactics.
  • Reduced ball velocity from fully powered corner kicks.
  • Decreased accuracy of fully powered corner kicks.

Ah, update time. Get ready for the usual placebo effect posts in here by the end of today.

(Mod edit: let's not troll. The above statement is enough.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t hold back going into detail! 😊
Will try it myself later…

btw: all placebo posts i know are posted by @Placebo ! 😉
Difficult on here to praise FIFA as i was never in the 15 goals a game crowd.
AI seemed better at covering and tackling. Pace feels a bit slower and heavier. Played one world cup match and one premier league match. Both games 2-1.
Still have to have the GK slider up to 60 and Pass error 65 shot error 65 for AI on world class. Against IRAN they seemed to accurate on default.

AI seemed better at covering and tackling. Pace feels a bit slower and heavier. Played one world cup match and one premier league match. Both games 2-1.
Still have to have the GK slider up to 60 and Pass error 65 shot error 65 for AI on world class. Against IRAN they seemed to accurate on default.
Thx mate. Will leave my settings as they are and see myself later. I have my standard test matches, so let’s see what changed.

Well, talking about aspects that you like ain’t praising to me. I sure can differentiate between praise and opinion. At least I try to. 😊

Thx mate. Will leave my settings as they are and see myself later. I have my standard test matches, so let’s see what changed.

Well, talking about aspects that you like ain’t praising to me. I sure can differentiate between praise and opinion. At least I try to. 😊
I will test it tonight while God of War Ragnarok will be installing🤭

Yes. Slower! Some might say sluggish. I’m ok for now as I prefer a slower pace. The slider set I’m using needs a bit of tuning I think. Needed to help my with upping the power bar a bit now. Passes lost zip with my preferred 60 power bar.
tested on slow pace too (usually I’m playing default speed) and it’s like slow motion… 😂
need more time with it. Maybe tonight. Had only 2 matches.

Hey, any thoughts after the update? I haven’t played WC mode but just a few exhibition matches, and I’m very surprised by what seems to be a massive change. Ball pace, AI behaviour, foot sliding improvement, general realistic pace and feel etc.

The matches were close and low scoring, and felt rewarding (Legendary difficulty with no slider changes). What do you all think?

I think there is a bit of slider set tuning need after the update. 😬 not sure how v4 is coming along but you’ll see yourself tonight.
I have made two games. The game looks the same.

Maybe speed up speed pass. I didn't notice big changes. I will make some games tomorrow morning to see because on night the game speed could be different. Now it's a bit too speed for me (night bug after update?)

Me silly, just can’t let go of the habit of reading those notes in hope to find gameplay fixes that matter….
🤷‍♂️
live tuning 3

• Increased Stamina Decay by up to 41% for Constant Pressure, Press After Possession Loss, and Press On Heavy Touch Defensive Custom Tactics.
  • Reduced ball velocity from fully powered corner kicks.
  • Decreased accuracy of fully powered corner kicks.

The injection of the older FIFA songs has thrown my ass into a sea of nostalgia.

The gameplay is still a mess though, even with sliders.

I use very drastic sliders like I keep line length at zero and width at 10. It means my team basically "parks the bus" but it helps with defending and prevents the AI from pinging passes into the box.

Is it me ot are the AI controlled defenders stopping chasing you ? It seems if I get past a defender and take 5 steps or so the defender gives up.and just stops , happening on legendary too

Is it me ot are the AI controlled defenders stopping chasing you ? It seems if I get past a defender and take 5 steps or so the defender gives up.and just stops , happening on legendary too
They've definitely changed something. Not really enjoying it.

Just been told that if you play the World Cup mode and then return to the main menu, squads are returned to the default squads WITHOUT WARNING (i.e. pre-season, no transfers updated). Just a warning so that nobody loses their squad files.

How did we go from a truly free ball in the likes of FIFA 16... to this?

Watch the ball "snap" into the required place to ensure that the attacking player can hit the ball in the pixel-perfect spot in a second's time.

Before someone says "you're micro-analysing"... No, I was playing the game and saw the AI take a horrible touch that suddenly became an amazing touch, and it looked/felt like a cheat. So I watched a replay. How do you play a game after you see how your input doesn't really matter?

Everything is constantly manipulated. All error and all freedom has been removed from this game. For "fun". (Before someone says it's a one-off - nope, it's pretty much constant cos it's literally how the engine works now.)

The game purposefully places the ball exactly where it has to be in order to avoid just having to control the ball - let alone losing the ball (or creating a loose ball, which is actually impossible in this game).

This is what the likes of This is Football did on the PS2 (no exaggeration) - the ball "attached" to the player mode by getting "sucked in" to the required place and then "snapping" into place.

How in God's name did we end up here? Even FIFA 22 didn't do this, as far as I'm aware. The gameplay "technology" is constantly moving backwards. I'm so shocked by this.

How did we go from a truly free ball in the likes of FIFA 16... to this?

Watch the ball "snap" into the required place to ensure that the attacking player can hit the ball in the pixel-perfect spot in a second's time.

Before someone says "you're micro-analysing"... No, I was playing the game and saw the AI take a horrible touch that suddenly became an amazing touch, and it looked/felt like a cheat. So I watched a replay. How do you play a game after you see how your input doesn't really matter?

Everything is constantly manipulated. All error and all freedom has been removed from this game. For "fun". (Before someone says it's a one-off - nope, it's pretty much constant cos it's literally how the engine works now.)

The game purposefully places the ball exactly where it has to be in order to avoid just having to control the ball - let alone losing the ball (or creating a loose ball, which is actually impossible in this game).

This is what the likes of This is Football did on the PS2 (no exaggeration) - the ball isn't a free entity. The player is moving along with the ball "attached" to the player model, it just gets "sucked in" to the required place and then "snaps" into place.

How in God's name did we end up here? Even FIFA 22 didn't do this, as far as I'm aware. The gameplay "technology" is constantly moving backwards. I'm so shocked by this.

It's because they don't have a proper IK solver to the ball and the feet and when animating, they animate the ball and the legs at the same time in a pre-baked animation. To make a dynamic IK solver requires effort and then the ball and the feet can be separated. It's possible but hard work but EA with 1000+ employees can definitely achieve it.

It's because they don't have a proper IK solver to the ball and the feet and when animating, they animate the ball and the legs at the same time in a pre-baked animation. To make a dynamic IK solver requires effort and then the ball and the feet can be separated. It's possible but hard work but EA with 1000+ employees can definitely achieve it.
Do you think a small, struggling indie studio like EA Sports can afford to spend its micro-budget on such things?!

Back
Top Bottom