FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

And that is why I keep saying - If EA stopped listening to FUT/E-Sport clowns, who have no fucking idea where the problem lies, and created a proper football game with all the basics and decent AI - online crowd would appreciate it as much as offline.

Their biggest problem started when they listened to the ones shouting for less AI in a team sport game.
Do you really believe the developers listen to players? They don't. They are working on the game day in day out, they know exactly what's possible with their tools and what's not, and the game they finally release in the end is exactly how they want it to be.

The only thing you as a player can do is either accepting or rejecting that product of their vision. The vast majority is obviously accepting it.

Do you really believe the developers listen to players? They don't
Of course they do.
Its not developers who were shouting that AI is helping too much and that there should be less and less AI support year after year.
Its not developers who came up with 1v1 "skill gap" shite.
Its eSport and FUT players who bullied them into it.

Of course they do.
Its not developers who were shouting that AI is helping too much and that there should be less and less AI support year after year.
Its not developers who came up with 1v1 "skill gap" shite.
Its eSport and FUT players who bullied them into it
Multi billion dollar businesses don't get bullied. EA have simply generate a money making mode and allowed the crowd to steer them.
That said yesterday , after 3 days playing no.football.games due to familiy stuff and work , I played 2 game of pes 21 , 2 games of e football and 2 games of fifa 23 (World class fuma) and fifa was far the more enjoyable

Its comical how people (FUT idiots) who dont understand football and don't love game of football , became adicted to football game.

Why dont they play 1000+ other fast-paced arcade online gambling games ???

Its comical how people (FUT idiots) who dont understand football and don't love game of football , became adicted to football game.

A table football video game could be perfect! The real sport would bring a solid foundation… to a game loved by FUT fans.

C8D3555F-19BB-499C-9253-D861CF1598C4.gif

...but please don’t butcher the real game of football anymore! 😩

Last edited:
Thats a good question.
I suppose it comes down to how we used to collect stickers for World Cup albums.
This mixed with online competitive mindset of todays youth and you have a recipe for success.
I dont think there's any other game that would fulfill this. Football part of it is not that important. They kinda want playable highlights.
So online "collectors" mixed with eSport players, whose only skill are fast fingers (like the old arcade machines) - and you get a crowd that just wants faster and faster gameplay. The actual sport gets butchered, but they dont care about the actual sport.
eSport players just want to OUTFINGER ( :LOL: ) everyone and collectors just want to show teams they assembled.

Haven't played FIFA, but EA could learn something from Fromsoft. Damage scales differently in PVP than in PVE. I see no reason why something similar couldn't be done for football games.

Hi folks
I hope everyone is fine

I have made some game since the update, what do you think?

FUMA/Sliders V2/World Cup/8 minutes/PS5

City Vs Chelsea

Leverkusen Vs RB Leipzig ( speed night bug)

Real Vs Barca ( 2 goals with GK glitch)

Leeds Vs Chelsea

Juventus Vs Inter (with speed night bug)

Compilation of nice actions

Last edited:
CROSS THE BALL
CROSS THE BALL
CROSS THE BALL!!!
CROSS THE EFFIN BALL
FFS EFFIN CROSS IT
CROSS IT FFS CROOOOOOSSSS IT!!
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CROSS THE EFFIN BALL!!

Sorry

CROSS THE BALL
CROSS THE BALL
CROSS THE BALL!!!
CROSS THE EFFIN BALL
FFS EFFIN CROSS IT

Sorry
It's clearly the AI going "I'm less likely to score from that so why would I". Because it knows the engine inside out. And it knows it can ping-pong with perfection. So why do something with a lower chance of a goal.

So glad they made it 10x easier to score with the last update and forced the CPU to play more direct. I was so tired of 9-8 and 7-8 scorelines.

Now 17-15 and 14-12 can be achieved much easier on 7 minute halves, FUMA and World Class.

If you can’t easily have a near 30-goal game, is it even real football?

The temptation to punch myself in the face for buying this absolute piece of garbage is overwhelming. Deleted it for good this afternoon.

Enjoy the 30-30 scorelines in the next update.

Yet again Fifa fuck Create a Club up by omitting the 'head' from the player editor.

Developers bragging that you can 'create a team full of your mates', but giving you no control over their appearance. Absolute clowns

CROSS THE BALL
CROSS THE BALL
CROSS THE BALL!!!
CROSS THE EFFIN BALL
FFS EFFIN CROSS IT

Sorry
Why would the CPU need to cross? Clearly that’s not part of the real sport.

Remember EA’s mantra: “if it’s in the game, it’s in the game.”

Subbuteo was more realistic than this shit. FIFA 23 is by far the worst football game I’ve ever played and it’s not even close. How anybody can say it plays remotely like the real thing when it’s fucking skate city, 3 passes to goal every time regardless of sliders, is beyond me.

Why would the CPU need to cross? Clearly that’s not part of the real sport.

Remember EA’s mantra: “if it’s in the game, it’s in the game.”

Subbuteo was more realistic than this shit. FIFA 23 is by far the worst football game I’ve ever played and it’s not even close. How anybody can say it plays remotely like the real thing when it’s fucking skate city, 3 passes to goal every time regardless of sliders, is beyond me.
It's definitely between 21 and 23 for the title of worst football game ever haha.

It's clearly the AI going "I'm less likely to score from that so why would I". Because it knows the engine inside out. And it knows it can ping-pong with perfection. So why do something with a lower chance of a goal.

That's the "meta" since 20, for good reason. Passing is tuned for toddlers and there's also little chance of keeping up when you have to wake up 1 player at a time. The AI is actually advanced enough to play the game optimally... unfortunately that means the FUT way. And if you don't think that's close enough, try competitor mode! What more do you guys want from a footy game?!

Fun fact, pros think you should be breaking the defense down to deserve a goal, not cross or shoot from distance as there's no skill in that (as if there is any skill involved in progressing the ball to the penalty area in a game with no midfield). So matches are basically 4v4 volta mode in the two penalty areas.

Last edited:
Yes the core game is really broken.
I have found something interesting and I would like to have your opinion

This game is or bad?
Last weekend, i was really enjoying your slider set! Brings out the AI quite differently…👌
Played match after match and finally started my first player career in years!

Will surely give it more time this week! I would really like know, what other users think of this.

Last weekend, i was really enjoying your slider set! Brings out the AI quite differently…👌
Played match after match and finally started my first player career in years!

Will surely give it more time this week! I would really like know, what other users think of this.
Exactly my Friend. Some friends of mine whom played semi/FUMA on WC or Legend were really surprised to see the CPU took time to attack and made some back passes and long crosses. Crosses even with teams like City or D4 English team were there and no more Tiki taka.

I will make more test today if I have the time but I Hope some people will enjoy the game.
No perfect but a good step in the right direction

Last edited:
Exactly my Friend. Some friends of mine whom played semi/FUMA on WC or Legend were really surprised to see the CPU took time to attack and made some back pass and long crosses. Crosses even with teams like City or D4 English team were there and no more Tiki taka.

I will make more test today if I have the time but I Hope some people will enjoy the game.
No perfect but a good step in the right direction
If found a good mix of sliders that's producing some really good games, I've used most of yours except the run speed I think as I don't like messing too much with that as it seems to affect AI defensively. Also wonder how control set up affects the ai , they seem to play a bit more human with a mix of manual and assisted. Still yet to see one of these 8-7 scorelines mine are mostly 1 to 3 goals either way

This game is or bad?
Watched it. The graphic looks really good and crisp. The facial animations, the hair, the net, grass, cutscenes they all look next gen.
The animations are endless, so much variation, look natural and human-like. If they can improve footplanting it would be great. I can see why people spend many hours in this game

This game is or bad?
Hi folks
I hope everyone is fine

I have made some game since the update, what do you think?

FUMA/Sliders V2/World Cup/8 minutes/PS5

City Vs Chelsea

Leverkusen Vs RB Leipzig ( speed night bug)

Real Vs Barca ( 2 goals with GK glitch)

Leeds Vs Chelsea

Juventus Vs Inter (with speed night bug)

Compilation of nice actions
love these videos - wish my version (on PC) looked and played like this

At the end of the day, it's all about what variety can be squeezed out of the game. There's some potential there for sure. I'm sorry for the experience of crazy goal count - I really can't say I've experienced that at all with sliders, but regardless - that's unfortunate. Watching videos posted definitely shows the potential of what's there, but watching someone else play can only do so much.

One thing I want to mention is that this year's FIFA produces a lot of variety in gameplay. I just don't see why it can be considered as bad as FIFA 21. I think we've really forgotten how bad some of those "dribble-dribble-pass" versions of FIFA played. How every pass was a short one, or a pass into-stride constantly, no resistance felt, zero pressure from the defensive line to the forwards, zero center-back covering out wide, incredible GK animations. What we are left with though are some poor design in gameplay fundamentals of course: man-marking, no marking from the central midfielders, line integrity issues, absent-minded jockey from the CBs on slow gamespeed, lack of crossing from CPU, driven passing, tiki-taka at the top of the box.

Here's a great game from Hapa. Where a lot of it looks good, there are still issues as mentioned. FIFA is all about sacrificing and choosing which one of those issues you are okay living with - and which you aren't. Back to the original thought though, and the concept of both variety and resistance are very much present.

At the end of the day, it's all about what variety can be squeezed out of the game. There's some potential there for sure. I'm sorry for the experience of crazy goal count - I really can't say I've experienced that at all with sliders, but regardless - that's unfortunate. Watching videos posted definitely shows the potential of what's there, but watching someone else play can only do so much.

One thing I want to mention is that this year's FIFA produces a lot of variety in gameplay. I just don't see why it can be considered as bad as FIFA 21. I think we've really forgotten how bad some of those "dribble-dribble-pass" versions of FIFA played. How every pass was a short one, or a pass into-stride constantly, no resistance felt, zero pressure from the defensive line to the forwards, zero center-back covering out wide, incredible GK animations. What we are left with though are some poor design in gameplay fundamentals of course: man-marking, no marking from the central midfielders, line integrity issues, absent-minded jockey from the CBs on slow gamespeed, lack of crossing from CPU, driven passing, tiki-taka at the top of the box.

Here's a great game from Hapa. Where a lot of it looks good, there are still issues as mentioned. FIFA is all about sacrificing and choosing which one of those issues you are okay living with - and which you aren't. Back to the original thought though, and the concept of both variety and resistance are very much present.

I'm sorry I'll be THAT guy again, I can understand some people having fun with the game, what I can't understand is how someone that seeks a somewhat sim offline experience can tolerate issues like the Cpu AI not crossing the ball. Don't tell me with your sliders you see crosses because I checked every single stream and the cpu in rare occasions will just try a laughable semi low/med cross to one of their players in the 6 yard box. In every other instance they do they same thing all over again when they're on both wings/sides.
How many patches EA released so far? Two? Is it that difficult to code the cpu to cross the ball? Why a strictly offline player would pay £70 for this and not go back to PES 21 or FIFA 16/17 where despite the flaws you see more fundamentals of the sport recreated? Is there a fetish or something to torture ourselves? This game is not football. Even this video you've posted is just atrocious. Defenders hitting invisible walls, crab walking like psychos, GK flying for a save from a shot that was at least 3m away from his right post, cpu going clear towards the user goalie and attempts a pass straight to the defender.

I'm sorry I'll be THAT guy again, I can understand some people having fun with the game, what I can't understand is how someone that seeks a somewhat sim offline experience can tolerate issues like the Cpu AI not crossing the ball. Don't tell me with your sliders you see crosses because I checked every single stream and the cpu in rare occasions will just try a laughable semi low/med cross to one of their players in the 6 yard box. In every other instance they do they same thing all over again when they're on both wings/sides.
How many patches EA released so far? Two? Is it that difficult to code the cpu to cross the ball? Why a strictly offline player would pay £70 for this and not go back to PES 21 or FIFA 16/17 where despite the flaws you see more fundamentals of the sport recreated? Is there a fetish or something to torture ourselves? This game is not football. Even this video you've posted is just atrocious. Defenders hitting invisible walls, crab walking like psychos, GK flying for a save from a shot that was at least 3m away from his right post, cpu going clear towards the user goalie and attempts a pass straight to the defender.
I've replied similar before but I'll address's again
We've had football games in the past both pes and fifa that have seen the following :
Floating goalies x
Zero.fouls x
Clipping to a point where the ball.doesnt even touch a boot / head x
Balls that travel through body parts
Right backs that don't push up.leaving x everyone onside
Ai through on goal.and then pass out wide x
Ai scoring the same goals over and over again - out wide , square pass to CF,.goal x
AI not shooting from distance, ever x. .

And a lot of people still enjoyed them , even defended them. Fifa.23 doesn't do most of the above but it lacks crosses. It isn't a game breaker for most of us who enjoy it and there's still a ton of variety and I'm sure it'll get addressed . I've marked an x where it isn't an issue that I've seen in 23

Back
Top Bottom