FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Is this (the edit) for real? Made me laugh out loud. :D

Mirrors my experience too - I had my first ever 0-0 earlier today, on the PC version, and thought I had clearly been playing the wrong version (Xbox Series X).

I replayed the exact same game, exact same settings (on PC again), and it was 4-0 at half time. The AI hit 12 shots from 42 passes - so every 3.5 passes they were in on goal.
Lol nah I was just playing with the edit.

The rest is true though.

It's funny though. I think it's much easier to control the flow of opposing AI in player career than it is in full 11 v 11.

A little tap of secondary press here and there to make your team mates close the gap is all it takes to make the ai reset and maybe pass back (even back to the goalie) or square it or play it long ( never cross though, that's not allowed)

In 11 vs 11 it's like a leak has sprung. Stopped the leak. Now 2 have sprung then 3 then 4 ect. And you're fighting the player switch, your teammates daydreaming and drifting.

I mean I'm just spitballing but that might partially explain why you're going from 0-0 at fulltime to 4-0 at half time with 30 shots made.

I've had like 5 matches in my player career and not 1 of them has been crazy.

They've all played like....... Football.

FYI Ultimate Difficulty

Last edited:
Just had 1 of the most enjoyable halves of football in ages.

Fiorentina vs Parma

15 min halves with sliders

1-0

Plenty of fouls and free kicks. Respectable shot counts and pass error with scrappy midfield battles and loose balls.

My only gripe (and it's a big 1) is that the AI just dont want to cross the ball.

This is in a player career.

I've been really critical of the game in past posts so I'm no fan boy but it genuinely had the ebb and flow of an actual game of football.

Edit:

Just finished the 2nd half game finished 6-5 wtf is going on the games crap!
will-ferrell-anchorman.gif

Edit: God damn it, stop winding me up!
:LOL: :LOL:

I have some nice matches after the patch
Goal keepers are better, the ball is heaver, passes are increased but it's playable, even with evening bug

United Vs Liverpool WC

Inter Vs Juventus WC

St Etienne vs Bordeaux WC

PSG Vs Barrow (English D4) WC

Crosses :

Goals :
https://youtu.be/eZWg1VM6IAo
https://youtu.be/W1nSCNiNYjk
https://youtu.be/jqE12kLba0s
https://youtu.be/sHIINflqdQ8
https://youtu.be/AitZbMIcnzM

Actions
https://youtu.be/mm8PMzApwsE
https://youtu.be/Wo6mjx9I31I
https://youtu.be/XNCtQ-fnHhY
https://youtu.be/bwksWs5rtyY

Thoughts after the latest update patch? I feel it's still decent with the sliders slowing things down a little bit. I just hope they don't go overboard listening to the idiot's advice & ruining the game completely (idiots a.k.a pros and online influencers)

When you create your team in F23 - did they add selection of real/fake sponsors that you can put on your jerseys, or does it still looks like you are playing with training kits?

When you create your team in F23 - did they add selection of real/fake sponsors that you can put on your jerseys, or does it still looks like you are playing with training kits?
Nope. You can now customise third kits as well and your GK kits. But no sponsor options at all from what I can gather. It’s more or less the same - kit templates are terrible, basically.

Also, your GK kit has to be one of those crappy generic type affairs without a sport’s company branding.

You see some realistic goals on this. Calum Wilson scored a lovely goal from a mid height Almiron cross last night. Controlled it on his thigh and then drilled it low through Van Dijks legs and past Alisson into the corner. Ball had a lovely bounce to it too, it wasn't stuck to the ground like a bowling ball.

Nope. You can now customise third kits as well and your GK kits. But no sponsor options at all from what I can gather. It’s more or less the same - kit templates are terrible, basically.

Also, your GK kit has to be one of those crappy generic type affairs without a sport’s company branding.
Oof... they really should look after the basics instead of implementing some hospital visits or buying a couch, or whatever they did this year.

I personally love the idea of creating your team and starting at the bottom, but no sponsors is a dealbreaker for me.
Its a real eyesore when you have to play couple of seasons in kits that look like they were bought in Aldi.

Oof... they really should look after the basics instead of implementing some hospital visits or buying a couch, or whatever they did this year.

I personally love the idea of creating your team and starting at the bottom, but no sponsors is a dealbreaker for me.
Its a real eyesore when you have to play couple of seasons in kits that look like they were bought in Aldi.
:LOL:

From that magical middle aisle!

Thoughts after the latest update patch? I feel it's still decent with the sliders slowing things down a little bit. I just hope they don't go overboard listening to the idiot's advice & ruining the game completely (idiots a.k.a pros and online influencers)

After the latest update, it feels like FIFA 22 when it was fast. I even restarted the game and console (series x) to make sure it isn't glitching. Disappointed.

Update: the next few matches play in different speed where even the transition animation is affected. They must have broken something where certain conditions affect the game speed. Now thinking of going back to disc version.

Update: went back to disc version. Luckily it is decent visual wise, unlike FIFA 22. Gameplay back to what I like during the beta unlike this new update which makes it closer to FIFA 22. Also, career saves can be loaded without restarting.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's playing well for those who are enjoying/tolerating the game. I'm enjoying it a lot, and hopefully there's a patch out there that can get the CPU to cross a bit more on Legendary. Anyways, here's my two matches when I fired up the game post-patch. Apologies for pausing/etc, as it's a stream I like to run for doc purposes to review later:

Slow, WC 10 mins, version 5 OS sliders:

Sliders are with the newest update, or? Could you maybe write patch version in slider thread when updating?

I've already played career mode match with Man U against Man City. First season, legendary difficulty. It ended with 4 : 9 defeat. That sh#t is unplayable, i mean it is something for children maybe, who doesn't understand football at all. Disappointed, like always.

Hum 1 shoot by team and zero fault in 90 minutes.
It's bad mate.
It's look like you and the AI are not dangerous on the field.

If 6 or 7 shoots by team and ,3-3 faults, it will be better.

I know my friend, thanks for the confirmation! As always on these games I'm too good at defending and useless going forward 😂

I think the keepers are maybe a bit too good now? Also I haven’t seen them punch a cross yet? They seem to catch everything. Anyway to fix that issue?

I don't play much fifa. But this has been in pes since the ps2 days. Round the goalie and sometimes they bring you down.. Not sure, am I missing something...
There's been hardly any penalties in pes for years , every now and again you get a token one but not in context of the game there was one patch for four weeks were they came back briefly then was patched out again, and I've never had one off the keeper in recent years certainly not post 2016

There's been hardly any penalties in pes for years , every now and again you get a token one but not in context of the game there was one patch for four weeks were they came back briefly then was patched out again, and I've never had one off the keeper in recent years certainly not post 2016
Agreed about pens in Pes. I do get free kicks though and they are basically equal to a pen for me these days lol

I’m rebuilding my sim racing cockpit so no racing for a week. And currently I’m in a town, an hour away from home, roaming the city, and having a couple of beers with friends. We enjoy the inner city activities and Turkish market with all the delicious food.
just had another beer.
…and I’m weak. 🤷‍♂️😂

169CAE7C-C6FC-4CAE-9ADE-E90F133754FE.jpeg
You guys have a wonderful weekend. Be it with or without FIFA. Life is great. With or without FIFA.
🥳🤗

Last edited:

I have the ref on strict and have won a penalty on what was essentially a 50/50 challenge with 2 players jumping in the air in the box, I'd have been annoyed if it was given against me!

I have the ref on strict and have won a penalty on what was essentially a 50/50 challenge with 2 players jumping in the air in the box, I'd have been annoyed if it was given against me!
So what about that referee strictness?! Does it make a difference?
I read a post about someone saying it’s not directly related to the referees, but more towards how cards are valued. 🤷‍♂️

So what about that referee strictness?! Does it make a difference?
I read a post about someone saying it’s not directly related to the referees, but more towards how cards are valued. 🤷‍♂️

For me it feels like they call fouls more, not necessarily are stricter with cards, I've seen hefty fouls go unbooked, the pitch notes don't specify in what way they're stricter:

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/pitch-notes/news/pitch-notes-fifa-23-gameplay-deep-dive

• Referee Strictness Setting
    • This is a new setting for offline modes that allows players to define how strict the referees will be during a match.
    • The options included are very lenient, lenient, default, strict or very strict.
    • Online matches use the default referee strictness.

Well I like it. 5 minute half’s, professional, sliders and fast paced. Very enjoyable games. Goalies are a tad overpowered since update but otherwise I like it as a quick footy blast.

Doing a career mode in Portugal with my created team, Bagillt, main rivals madeira who I've boosted including giving them thevlikes of ronaldo and pepe, and a few other good players, strongest team in league.

Set at legendary but messed a little with sliders to decrease so not too stupid.

What's the deal with cpus freekicks, its basically a goal everytime they're round my box, top corner jobs.

And will they ever fix the audio for the stadium. Still can't get the Iceland chant foe the walk on, and can't get crowd noise I've chosen, only the goal music works.

FD

Back
Top Bottom