FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

How is the AI? Are they crossing or still ping ponging around the box
bear in mind its one game - they arent ping ponging on proffesional saw a couple of low/medium height crosses but no high ones
Game felt slower to me even though ball velocity has been increased.
GK for AI was top notch in this game - only scored the one
It did seem the AI tracked my runners more and made some quality interceptions including some nice sliding ones

Again its one game and im meant to be working from home

How is the AI?
Still really bad. Nearly every team seems to have a high defensive line regardless of their manager or style.

This results in being able to do the same through-ball-over-the-top and be one on one with their GK every single time.

This game is really bad. Like, an actual chore to play.

Edit: Just finished my career game with Aston Villa against Brighton. Legendary difficulty. A few slider adjustments to make is slower. 6 min halves. Default Speed. Game finished 7-5 to me.

Edit x 2: Oh and the CPU never, ever crosses unless you play on World Class or below. But then the CPU forgets how to attack. As for CPU passing, you summed it up right there. They become robots when around my penalty area and EVERY SINGLE TEAM plays 200 mph passes to each other before firing off a 300 mph shot even through I’ve lowered shot speed.

This game is meant for online and online only. I don’t even know why EA pretend to care about single player modes these days, just be done with Career Mode and be transparent about it. I would actually respect them more for that than pretending that FIFA is still worth buying if you’re not a FUT player.

Last edited:
Still really bad. Nearly every team seems to have a high defensive line regardless of their manager or style.

This results in being able to do the same through-ball-over-the-top and be one on one with their GK every single time.

This game is really bad. Like, an actual chore to play.

Edit: Just finished my career game with Aston Villa against Brighton. Legendary difficulty. A few slider adjustments to make is slower. 6 min halves. Default Speed. Game finished 7-5 to me.

Edit x 2: Oh and the CPU never, ever crosses unless you play on World Class or below. But then the CPU forgets how to attack. As for CPU passing, you summed it up right there. They become robots when around my penalty area and EVERY SINGLE TEAM plays 200 mph passes to each other before firing off a 300 mph shot even through I’ve lowered shot speed.

This game is meant for online and online only. I don’t even know why EA pretend to care about single player modes these days, just be done with Career Mode and be transparent about it. I would actually respect them more for that than pretending that FIFA is still worth buying if you’re not a FUT player.
how are you scoring goals? :) can you post a vid as against professional i only scored 1

how are you scoring goals? :) can you post a vid as against professional i only scored 1
I press shoot and it flies in most of the time. Why have I got to post videos? Are you claiming that I’m not telling the truth? It’s not as if my videos are going to teach you how to score as we probably use different assist settings. And before anyone says “You score too many because you need to Git Gud with FUMA” then I don’t know what else to say apart from that we shouldn’t have to hinder ourselves to lower the score lines. We didn’t need to do this with the good football games in times gone by :)

If you do doubt my findings, take a look at the FIFA Careers Sub-Reddit. There are many, many threads made daily detailing what I’ve just said.

It’s not like I’m being hyperbolic. The game is plagued with issues.

I played a complete season in Career Mode on Legendary right now and I never had so many goals. Are you playing on slow speed?

Edit: forget it, you wrote default speed. What slider changes do you made?

I press shoot and it flies in most of the time. Why have I got to post videos? Are you claiming that I’m not telling the truth? It’s not as if my videos are going to teach you how to score as we probably use different assist settings. And before anyone says “You score too many because you need to Git Gud with FUMA” then I don’t know what else to say apart from that we shouldn’t have to hinder ourselves to lower the score lines. We didn’t need to do this with the good football games in times gone by :)

If you do doubt my findings, take a look at the FIFA Careers Sub-Reddit. There are many, many threads made daily detailing what I’ve just said.

It’s not like I’m being hyperbolic. The game is plagued with issues.
Fair enough, i was just intrigued

I played a complete season in Career Mode on Legendary right now and I never had so many goals. Are you playing on slow speed?

Edit: forget it, you wrote default speed. What slider changes do you made?
I slowed down passing speed, sprint speed and shot speed - everything else default (plus I use @saturator injury sliders which are very good)

Maybe I need to leave sprint speed at default? There are huge open chasms in my back line and the CPU back line on literally every attack.

Fair enough, i was just intrigued
Apologies if I appeared prickly, it’s difficult to gauge if someone is being critical of an opinion at times (and obviously you were just asking an honest question).

I reiterate: I want to love this game. Because ON the ball I enjoy the weight of the passing. It’s the other stuff I can’t handle right now.

(Yes yes I know I said I would stop playing this but the update had me intrigued). :LOL:

Just updated. Played quite well I thought. Only had one game vs Bournemouth on professional FUMA, drew 1-1.

Ai seemed a bit better, their goalie had a better game, found it a lot harder to create openings. Pretty happy on first impression. ball speed doesn't seem that crazy.

I think my main problem with the game is just how the AI attack once they're near the box, they turn into classic Arsenal who must score the perfect pass, pass, tap in goal. Seldom take long shots, seldom cross from wide, get that tweaked and it'll be lovely (closer marking and midfielders that drop back would be nice too but then we all know that!) :)

Just updated. Played quite well I thought. Only had one game vs Bournemouth on professional FUMA, drew 1-1.

Ai seemed a bit better, their goalie had a better game, found it a lot harder to create openings. Pretty happy on first impression. ball speed doesn't seem that crazy.

I know this is FUT but Jesus Christ, do they really want this ball speed? I find it so hard to believe. (This is the latest update.)

That plays absolutely nothing like I've just played in terms of ball speed and I wasn't using sliders? Maybe assisted controls, don't know as I don't use them

If you play on 50 pass speed and 50 pass error, then yeah, there may be issues. With sliders that use lower pass speed and higher pass error - there's zero issues. Honestly the only difference I see is keepers are better. That's it. Panic stations not needed.

If you play on 50 pass speed and 50 pass error, then yeah, there may be issues. With sliders that use lower pass speed and higher pass error - there's zero issues. Honestly the only difference I see is keepers are better. That's it. Panic stations not needed.
Hi Matt
Thanks for all the work you made since a long time ago.
It's nice to read that👍

I know this is FUT but Jesus Christ, do they really want this ball speed? I find it so hard to believe. (This is the latest update.)

It the fear of losing Chris. They don't want to be handicapped so its about minimising error in their play. Get scored against? Go up the other end in a few passes and get an equaliser. Horrible mode, horrible player base.

Some of them are having their pockets filled with around £300-400 a day. Do they care if the game is like a Williams pinball arcade? Nope. The 7 deadly sins apply in videogaming also Chris.

How is the AI? Are they crossing or still ping ponging around the box
They're not crossing mate. Matt and some others will upload some clips where the cpu AI "crosses" the ball but we're only talking about a couple of times in which they attempt a medium ping pong cross because they spot a striker inside the 6 yard box. Before this happens they have already exchanged 4-5 passes on the side with you constantly trying to block passing lanes. As your defenders are not having any AI coding, after this ridiculous sequence of passes they will find a player inside the box to pass it. You might get lucky and block it if you're quick enough to switch over there.
The whole thing is a joke. I have full respect to Matt and others but I'm not that stupid to be convinced that this game has anything to do with the sport.

Check this one at 32:51:

They're asking you to pay £70 for this. The rest of the video? Even with heavily tweaked sliders cpu is playing ping pong on the sides, players are skating all over the place better than the NHL ones, some shots inside the box from the cpu barely reach the GK because their rating and attribures are destroyed by 10 year old sliders EA never touched again. He's playing the game for more subscribers as the other one doesn't even have a proper offline mode.

Check this one at 32:51:

They're asking you to pay £70 for this. The rest of the video? Even with heavily tweaked sliders cpu is playing ping pong on the sides, players are skating all over the place better than the NHL ones, some shots inside the box from the cpu barely reach the GK because their rating and attribures are destroyed by 10 year old sliders EA never touched again. He's playing the game for more subscribers as the other one doesn't even have a proper offline mode.
Watched a minute from that time stamp you put down. I see AI moving more with ball than I see them direct ping ponging. 🤷‍♂️

it’s 55 Euro here. 😉 Anyway, it’s FIFA.

edit: gave it another minute. Same.

Watched a minute from that time stamp you put down. I see more AI moving with ball than I see them direct ping ponging. 🤷‍♂️

it’s 55 Euro here. 😉 Anyway, it’s FIFA.

edit: gave it another minute. Same.
I said ping ponging on the sides which is happening in the whole video. I didn't comment on the rest. Obviously with the help of some sliders that nerf cpu AI they backpass a few times. Why is this happening? Ricky is a veteran PES player and he's blocking the passing lanes resulting to cpu making a backpass here and there.

Yeah, it's playing well for those who are enjoying/tolerating the game. I'm enjoying it a lot, and hopefully there's a patch out there that can get the CPU to cross a bit more on Legendary. Anyways, here's my two matches when I fired up the game post-patch. Apologies for pausing/etc, as it's a stream I like to run for doc purposes to review later:

Slow, WC 10 mins, version 5 OS sliders:

Just had 1 of the most enjoyable halves of football in ages.

Fiorentina vs Parma

15 min halves with sliders

1-0

Plenty of fouls and free kicks. Respectable shot counts and pass error with scrappy midfield battles and loose balls.

My only gripe (and it's a big 1) is that the AI just dont want to cross the ball.

This is in a player career.

I've been really critical of the game in past posts so I'm no fan boy but it genuinely had the ebb and flow of an actual game of football.

Edit:

Just finished the 2nd half game finished 6-5 wtf is going on the games crap!

Just had 1 of the most enjoyable halves of football in ages.

Fiorentina vs Parma

15 min halves with sliders

1-0

Plenty of fouls and free kicks. Respectable shot counts and pass error with scrappy midfield battles and loose balls.

My only gripe (and it's a big 1) is that the AI just dont want to cross the ball.

This is in a player career.

I've been really critical of the game in past posts so I'm no fan boy but it genuinely had the ebb and flow of an actual game of football.

Edit:

Just finished the 2nd half game finished 6-5 wtf is going on the games crap!
Is this (the edit) for real? Made me laugh out loud. :D

Mirrors my experience too - I had my first ever 0-0 earlier today, on the PC version, and thought I had clearly been playing the wrong version (Xbox Series X).

I replayed the exact same game, exact same settings (on PC again), and it was 4-0 at half time. The AI hit 12 shots from 42 passes - so every 3.5 passes they were in on goal.

Back
Top Bottom