FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Yeah, access to moddable gameplay files for NG is when it’s time to get to work!
This clip is largely the user rather than the AI, but even when the AI gets the ball, it's SO much less hectic with the PC mods (and we're only in the early stages of modding)...

Please give us access to this on console, EA...

This clip is largely the user rather than the AI, but even when the AI gets the ball, it's SO much less hectic with the PC mods (and we're only in the early stages of modding)...

Please give us access to this on console, EA...

Well, the AI had the ball for 9 seconds and plays 3 passes wich look what I have on PS5. 🤷‍♂️
you know this snippet is way to short to make huge analysis.

im all in for testing and improving… but how do you want this to be changed on consoles?! It’s not gonna happen via EA and it isn’t possible by the user. Or did I miss something?
First steps on owning the PS5 hardware were made though.

im all in for testing and improving… but how do you want this to be changed on consoles?! It’s not gonna happen via EA and it isn’t possible by the user. Or did I miss something?
First steps on owning the PS5 hardware were made though.
It's a pipe dream, sure - but if they wanted to give us a gameplay editing studio and give us access to every variable (or at least a considerable amount more), they could. Look at Bethesda and their mod support for the console versions of Fallout and Skyrim. Let me dream. :D

It would be a hell of a lot better to have access to what the modders can access, than a handful of sliders.

It's a pipe dream, sure - but if they wanted to give us a gameplay editing studio and give us access to every variable (or at least a considerable amount more), they could. Look at Bethesda and their mod support for the console versions of Fallout and Skyrim. Let me dream. :D

It would be a hell of a lot better to have access to what the modders can access, than a handful of sliders.
😊 sure Chris, I’m all the way with you, mate.
Still dreaming while knowing the facts. Will we ever let go?!

the real sport is getting more and more unattractive to me.
It’s not the sport anymore, that made me become a fan like 30 years ago. So I see myself clinging on a bit to what is left of what was once my one and die hard passion. Im living on (good) memories these days, video game and irl wise. that shouldn’t sound depressive (quite the opposite); I need to go on, so I do… and it’s so relaxing. At least less demanding. 👋 still I can’t give up testing. Maybe it’s also a habbit I need to let go of.

edit: I was lucky to find me a new hobby I can put all my passion in. 😍 let’s call it transformation phase. 😂

There are more chances EA will give us a Coins Studio app where you'll be able to decorate the houses of players.

Watched a few Ai vs Ai exhibition matches on the Trial the other day and each match ended with over 10 goals been scored. Midfield and defense is almost not existent. The games an absolute shambles and a joke. Twenty two goals in two games, very realistic EA 🙄08-10-2022_14-35-55-ij4cy4my.png08-10-2022_14-35-19-jozngpip.png08-10-2022_15-55-25-dj0ztpva.png

Last edited:
Honestly just use partial team press here (tap then hold R1) and I can slow the AI down. Just not having the same woes as others, for whatever reason, but that PTP sure is handy.

Not gonna get it today. 70 Euro for what…, I’m asking myself. There are some aspects that would made me get it, but not today.
I have a good football title and I’m off now racing with the community. you guys have a great weekend! 👋

New videos on Xbox Series X on legend and normal speed. More challenging and a better midfield

Some exemples :

Angers Vs OM

Lille Vs OM

PSV Vs OM

Lyon vs Om
I’m a sucker for that last video. 😊
How the ball touches his foot and breaks off to the lower right side… looks ace! 👌

Do you have a video with your settings and 2 top teams like city or Liverpool?!

I’m a sucker for that last video. 😊
How the ball touches his foot and breaks off to the lower right side… looks ace! 👌

Do you have a video with your settings and 2 top teams like city or Liverpool?!
Hi my friend

I will made some matchs with top class teams and update my settings/strategy/sliders in the afternoon in a video in english👀
Edit : the video is available in the right topic ;)

Last edited:
Pro_TOO, my Liverpool Vs City was the hardest match I have made since ... I can't remerber!
If someone said it's too easy, I'm out!

Liverpool Vs City - Legend - Normal speed - FUMA

I have made yesterday the SERIA classic but with the night bug speed
It was nice too

Milan AC Vs Inter Milan - Legend - Normal speed - FUMA

Last edited:
Went back to pes 2021 for a league game. Was united v Brighton. I was losing 2-1. Last 10 minutes, BHA were on ultra defence, passing it between their goalie and defenders. Was nice to see as I was francitally trying to intercept it and tackle them.
Has anyone seen this yet playing fifa? I've only being doing exhibitions so far on the trial.

Hi my friend

I will made some matchs with top class teams and update my settings/strategy/sliders in the afternoon in a video in english👀
Edit : the video is available in the right topic ;)
I've done city v utd on professional it was quality , utd did me 3 nil but one of their goals was class, Fernández did two.of my defenders with a little faint on edge of box and did was of those dink through balls (double tap triangle )to Rushford who put it in., some.crunching midfield.tackles.too.in midfield

Went back to pes 2021 for a league game. Was united v Brighton. I was losing 2-1. Last 10 minutes, BHA were on ultra defence, passing it between their goalie and defenders. Was nice to see as I was francitally trying to intercept it and tackle them.
Has anyone seen this yet playing fifa? I've only being doing exhibitions so far on the trial.
Yeah and they'll do the same or let you dl the same (no press) when.1 nil.down in a final in the 89th aminute

I don't want to be clever but I'm interested in animations that are actually next gen, but now no game has done it in 2022. Many games have much better movement than FIFA or eFootball... I will wait a long time for this... now is the time to take a step forward...
It's more the automatic animation system which is "next-gen" called Hypermotion than the qualities of animations themselves.
The system is okay but needs more structure as a basis, a bit more real life movements, well a mix with Motion capture.

I don't know if some automatic movements transitions are linked with the absence of inertia, if there's no rules included for it, but there's also gameplay choices regarding reactivity. But i didn't saw an Hypermotion version with inertia so i suppose that's something apart, linked but not on the Hypermotion package.

Not gonna get it today. 70 Euro for what…, I’m asking myself. There are some aspects that would made me get it, but not today.
I have a good football title and I’m off now racing with the community. you guys have a great weekend! 👋
As like you, i found the sports and the players lesser and lesser interesting than 20 years ago, bit by bit i lost interest, not all at once. the crisis killed my interest almost definitively as a lot of thing too. I don't watch games any more. It could plays a lot.

I'm watching real matches 10 times less than in some older era, when the game was less aseptised.

But i didn't switched like you as i still like football but in game lol, so back to the time where i liked that sports, gameplay, and teams on it : so i play it retro and keep my favourite "current gen" game on the side. As got really hard to see a future from football games....

About Fifa i left completely and starting to found it awful when the 20-21-22 version where out like someone said.
I falled in the "22 next gen experience : i want it" trap and the 20 as i brought the game every year.... But it didn't passed the "Yes!" test.
I didn't fallen with an heavy hearth regarding the 21 based on FIFA 20 experience, i won't for the future series as it seems they will keep the direction a long time, giving the E-Sports players the commands.
The sad issue is i don't see why they would change as it sell like bread.

There can be the so wanted change from them or another company in a X years future, but i'll be "too old for this shit" i believe, editing first, playing after, we don't even know the evolution of the real game, etc. and i'm sure i will got enough of it. It look pessimistic too but no, that's life, we got interests we lost it, etc.

Put a spoil as my next approach isn't something that people care but it feels good to talk about

My evolution will be when i will finish my editing stuffs and pass to a completely other type of games : Souls like and others type of it less hardcore (like Ghost of Tsushima), as i love as much those game and didn't finished yet at least 5 versions (!). Also trying other type of game i never tried.
So the next closer step should be retro PS2 for football + Souls like, and Fighting-Adventure games and perhaps if one day they will sort or Esport Boxing Club or a new Fight Night as EA announced, or a good Tennis game if that's possible, please god of Video Games. Didn't see one in Thor 4 but well :(

But what you're saying sound like a suggestion : there's era, and affects, and we lost it etc. so changes are needed when there's no more interest.

One thing is sure : i'm truely believe as i play it since i got 4 y.o. video games as to me it's the same as watching movie, reading a book, it's a basic entertainement for me and my favourite, that i will probably play until i still can.

Last edited:
So, I had a go thanks to my lad game sharing with me.

I managed a total of 3 games. 1 without sliders, 2 with. Then I uninstalled it.

In them 3 games I witnessed 3 scorpion kick passes, rabonas from defenders & you can literally just run through the midfield and have chance after chance. Every game was at least 4 goals or more.

One match, the AI, by HT had 17 shots on my goal. I couldn't get the ball due to the incessent tika taka they play. 2nd half, it was like they'd all taking something and were away with the fairy's and I carved through them and scored 6.

The game is broken.

So, I had a go thanks to my lad game sharing with me.

I managed a total of 3 games. 1 without sliders, 2 with. Then I uninstalled it.

In them 3 games I witnessed 3 scorpion kick passes, rabonas from defenders & you can literally just run through the midfield and have chance after chance. Every game was at least 4 goals or more.

One match, the AI, by HT had 17 shots on my goal. I couldn't get the ball due to the incessent tika taka they play. 2nd half, it was like they'd all taking something and were away with the fairy's and I carved through them and scored 6.

The game is broken.
The game is fine for people who enjoy it and I genuinely don't see any of that above , default or using @saturator sliders which with my own small personal edits are very good

@Matt10 anyway to get the ai to play a bit smarter? Think I have the pace down and on default speed things seem fine, except the ai gives the ball away a lot.in attacking positions.

Back
Top Bottom