FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Played Seasons online yesterday for a couple of hours and it's a complete arcade fest.
BUT! I really don't mind, it's quite fun and the animations look lovely from time to time

So I got this…got a freebie so what the heck. It ain’t bad per se, been enjoying a few games at least until it’s patched out. Do the cpu ever cross though? They like knocking in low balls…

Last edited:
Videos of yesterday's session incoming, i'm starting to really enjoy with Matt's sliders tbh. Far from perfect, but game no longe broken and career mode competitive even with an 'easy' team. The way I play helps, and being terrible at defending makes it more of a challenge for me, but at least i'm not always waltzing througth defences on Legendary anymore (the were definitely some moments).

The Good (some high scorelines but as a terrible defender, really happy with the way I played here overall. Dominated all games. Leicester result my favourite because I should have battered them.)

The Bad (didn't play well but could have won these)

The Ugly (shows how bad I am at this game and that my career mode can remain interesting at least. As well as a result against Leeds that I in no way deserved!)

Is there a way to remove the focus targets in the game , they weren't there at first, think my sons activated somehow ?

One more request please, low shot has been replaced by power shot (r1 and l1) can you still do a low shot?

Edit its ok found it on YT

The pros have asked EA several times for less AI interference, here is the result.

The player who managed 200 wins in a row in Fut Champions, look how he plays 😅

God... this is like watching my dad and somebody elses dad trying to string 3 passes together, while really struggling with controls...

The pros have asked EA several times for less AI interference, here is the result.

I watched some of that and how do people enjoy playing the game like that?
Constant drag backs and spamming through ball..

Do they not realise that this is not how football plays.

The gliding and skating is soooo bad! Gosh that turns me off so hard…!

Its weird but I am seeing more skating, ice movements and michael jackson "moonwalk" instances in '23 vs '22 . Yesterday I had a few games of 22 and I didnt see as much gliding on the field.
But yeah, some movements look ok, but I dont think its improving

When will those KONAMI idiots release Master League ???

I think I cant buy FIFA23, its beyond bad from what I can see ...

My eyes!

If that guy is enjoying it then fair play to him. I personally think it looks absolutely awful but each to their own.

The problem is that some people actually think that is representative of real football which of course it isnt in any way shape or form. I have no problem with people wanting to play the game as a 'game' but at the very least offer the option to be able to play the game in some kind of 'simulation' format without breaking the core principles of football in favour of the 'gamerz' and professional gamblers/YouTubers. Unfortunately EA wont and I cant see that changing with EAFC 24.

Also I know this isn't a comparison thread but with both games showcased at their very worst, FIFA 22 and 23 look far far worse than even the craptacular eFootball. Just shows how far down this microtransactional rabbit hole EA have gone down. Wouldn't be surprised if eFootball ends up looking like Dance Dance Revolution soon.

When will those KONAMI idiots release Master League ???

I think I cant buy FIFA23, its beyond bad from what I can see ...
Go back to FIFA 16 as I did and I'm having a blast.
In other news, a source of mine told me this morning that a big company from the US is looking to acquire the PL rights for a videogame. He's a dev and reliable. I reckon we're not far from a PL specific game, probably for season 2024-2025.

Not to make this into a slider discussion, but if you want to play on slow, but have the responsiveness and proper reactions, just put acceleration to 51. Your players will instantly feel better and more responsive. We're making this a mandatory change if playing on slow, even 51/51 to make those 50/50 balls more lively and challenging. One of the OS testers Laxing_ is playing right now if anyone wants to watch:

!!OMG a sweaty noob rat!! Clearly just exploiting this years OP meta....the ai might as well be just giving him goals. tHis Is THe woRSt FIFa eVer!!

Or something like that......i dunno, im old

In other news, a source of mine told me this morning that a big company from the US is looking to acquire the PL rights for a videogame. He's a dev and reliable. I reckon we're not far from a PL specific game, probably for season 2024-2025.

It's an exclusive license until the end of the 2024-25 season. So even if there's any truth to that, it can't be earlier than the 25-26 season.

My eyes!

If that guy is enjoying it then fair play to him. I personally think it looks absolutely awful but each to their own.

The problem is that some people actually think that is representative of real football which of course it isnt in any way shape or form. I have no problem with people wanting to play the game as a 'game' but at the very least offer the option to be able to play the game in some kind of 'simulation' format without breaking the core principles of football in favour of the 'gamerz' and professional gamblers/YouTubers. Unfortunately EA wont and I cant see that changing with EAFC 24.

Also I know this isn't a comparison thread but with both games showcased at their very worst, FIFA 22 and 23 look far far worse than even the craptacular eFootball. Just shows how far down this microtransactional rabbit hole EA have gone down. Wouldn't be surprised if eFootball ends up looking like Dance Dance Revolution soon.
As far as he's filling his bank with money he'll be enjoying it forever. Unfortunately there weren't any Esports in the PES5 era. Some of us in our mid 40's now would have made lots of money back then. 😁

It's an exclusive license until the end of the 2024-25 season. So even if there's any truth to that, it can't be earlier than the 25-26 season.
Yes probably. There's nothing concrete right now. I believe there's been an inquiry or something. The guy was right when he informed me about the new 2k golf game and that a reboot of Top Spin is in the works so I generally trust him. Either way there's a goldmine right now in football videogames. I'll be surprised if some big companies won't try to take advantage of it.

"The Premier League and EA Sports have reportedly renewed their partnership, which includes sponsoring as well as licensing for the FIFA series, until the end of the 2024-25 season."

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/11/ea-sports-and-premier-league-renew-deal.html

Also EA is one of the sponsors of the PL through Sky: https://the-media-leader.com/ea-scores-sponsorship-deal-with-sky-sports-premier-league-coverage/

Same as Serie A: https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-22/news/ea-sports-serie-a-exclusive-partnership-announcement

"EA SPORTS has also been named Title Sponsor and Partner of Supercoppa Italiana which will be renamed EA SPORTS Supercup beginning with the 2022-23 season."

The biggest probability is that all these licenses stay where they are.

Back
Top Bottom