FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

I made decision not to buy a game ... I was almost 100% sure i would buy it today (on release date), but after seeing what I saw in those videos --- no.

Maybe after few patches, or if it could be modded on PC I would buy PC version later when I buy new PC.

You can never take what people, any people, say as gospel. The consensus opinion on this site about, e.g. PES 2021 is that it's average or poor, but I have played it for ridiculously many hundreds of hours since release and consider it the best pure PES game ever made on the PS4 generation, and almost up there with the Golden Age PS2 instalments. Yes. PES 2021. And no amount of telling me that I shouldn't think so (complete with detailed arguments, and maybe diagrams) can ever change that. So you never know. FIFA 23 is pretty poor for me. I think it'd be a good football game for gamers who don't really like football, which is the evil genius of EA. They always go for that exact market, most of the time, with seasoned footy gamers almost flukily getting a good FIFA at times (FIFA 16 et al).
Very true. Well said.

I streamed for 4 hours last night on a CM I didn't think I'd even start. It was an absolute blast. I saw so many little things that I had no idea this game had ever a chance of producing. This is coming from someone who hated the beta, and mainly hated the gameplay. There's something good under all the crap of default gameplay.

Stream video:

I bought the game and started to play with open mind. At first you can see and feel that play flow is very different to fifa 22. There are so much more stuff in the gameplay that makes really different if you compare to previous games. Shooting is really improved. This is first fifa where I don't feel the urge to change sliders actually I like the flow on normal speed, just reduced sprint to 25, acceleration to 55 and runs to 20, all other is default. I enjoy it for now, I like and feel rewarded when defend against cpu, that advanced triger cursor change works really well. I play on world class btw. There are some awareness issues that I hope ea will fix but for now it's not bad like all the coments here.

I bought the game and started to play with open mind. At first you can see and feel that play flow is very different to fifa 22. There are so much more stuff in the gameplay that makes really different if you compare to previous games. Shooting is really improved. This is first fifa where I don't feel the urge to change sliders actually I like the flow on normal speed, just reduced sprint to 25, acceleration to 55 and runs to 20, all other is default. I enjoy it for now, I like and feel rewarded when defend against cpu, that advanced triger cursor change works really well. I play on world class btw. There are some awareness issues that I hope ea will fix but for now it's not bad like all the coments here.

In the same boat - I downloaded the trial and absolutely hated the first couple of games I played but it has since become more challenging (OS sliders and turning off analogue sprint)

The general movement in it is far less grotesque to me than it was in Fifa 21 and (eventually) 22

Still going to hold off pulling the trigger until I get a general picture of what they're going to do with the patches.

Its sad, but we have to take the small wins.....i guess it could be worse

It is just a habit..

Yes but this annually "habit" ends very costly for users and offers nothing apart from making more dumb billionaires in the board offices/investors that will invest even more in that marketing scam than in the actual core of the game (aka hypermotion3 with more thousands of animations bullshit). I don't think the world ends if people will calm their heads now and then, buying a discounted version of the base game some weeks later instead of preordering the "ultimate" edition that sincerely doesn't offers anything "ultimate" (again like the hypermotion2 nonsense). Of course it will not impact much coz' are lots of buffoons out there streaming card packs for the generation z audience, but at least a small step in common sense could lead to something better latter for both ends...

Didn't they publicize that thing that IA would have more specifically adapted to the result or something similar (sorry, don't want to search exact name of it)? Just out of curiosity, is somebody able to perceive it?

Didn't they publicize that thing that IA would have more specifically adapted to the result or something similar (sorry, don't want to search exact name of it)? Just out of curiosity, is somebody able to perceive it?

I wouldn't trust anyone's perception with that as hardly anyone seemed to notice it was missing for years and plenty were convinced it worked just fine! 😅

It can be tested 100% objectively by changing the controlled team or assigning a second controller to the cpu team, during the last 10 minutes and seeing if they've switched from their default tactics when they're winning/losing.

Almost finished all my trial time yesterday a few things:
- Keepers, sometimes they act great, but especially low shots they curl up like a grown man who has daddy issues and let a slow ball pass by
- Don't know if I'm pressing some special button but yesterday I saw a few flying scissor kicks. I think I saw just a few in my hundred of hours in '22.
- I don't mind the change to penalties, but I think EA changes it for the sake of changing stuff and having something "New".
- I haven't dug into it a lot but I am liking the chemistry changes to your FUT team, I think it would allow more experimentation with other players.
- I prefer the graphics from '22 don't know what it is.
- Don't like the "hypermotion" replays. Anyway to just have a normal replay?

Anyway, looking forward to digging into sliders and starting a CM.

Watch those clips above, and then read this.

How is this possible?

I'm in the same time doing a facepalm, don't know if i should get sad, or laugh about it.
Those statements are absolutely absurds.
No idea if it's well known guys on Twitter or just Random (well even randoms...) As i don't go to Twitter since a while due a lost of interest.

With respect, the ‘play FUMA to make the game bearable’ debate has been done to death now mate.

Switching assists to FUMA doesn’t fix the glaring problems that fifa 23 currently has.
Yeah, enough with that "switch to Fuma". If it's for having "fake interception" due to misplaced passes so you got the sensation of the game behind realistic...
The midfielder doesn't move in that game, you just make a pass where he was, but it's a dummy.
I'm a bit annoyed about the "forcing" FUMA players said. It's not my thing : i only played it on 11 vs 11 with mates but for fun as everyone played on manual (both Fifa and Pes)

Simple as it is.
But let's wait a bit for a bigger patch (for those who really want to play at all cost)
I given up after some vids, feedbacks and was 100% sure that game should be like 22 in worst. Worst, but not broken completely, sorry for people who enjoy it, but i can't contain myself especially for Tweets, and "FUMA IS MORE REALISTIC" while it's untrue, more fun yes.

@Shales that shoot if for real or a modded versions (i don't think i's doable right now with the anti-cheat stuffs)? Or in accelerated, or a created player with 99 in both Accuracy, Shoot Power? It's ridiculous even with those values not a single human being should be able to do that bullet.
That's the strongest shoot i never see i any game, even with PES 6 with 124 or 126 stats hack :SHOCK:

Last edited:
I play FUT mostly nowadays and the online play is massively improved. More about passing then sprinting. The new chemistry methods make for far more interesting teams aswell.

Gotta give EA credit, they nail online since 08 with fifa. Also the tech behind this game is crazy good. This game really should be good offline but its isnt. HUGE HUGE potential.

Where do you see big potential? No AI, no Physics, Ultra power shoot, no midfield, Well to resume no defending AI.
Even animations are super weird since Hypermotion, 1 or 2 (worst even, 1st was acceptable), good old motion capture should be more mixed with (it's for sure part of Hypermotion... But that ugly feature 2.0 looks like they just kept 15% motion capture and the rest is calculated automatically. Sincerely, if that's as the future of football game even in terms of visuals :(

The issue is it got an impact on gameplay.
Ball pushing and running is putting my eyes on fire.

Big Potential as perhaps the presentation gives you a "wow" effect of realism. But i don't see one part which is good on that game other than graphics. Neither animations.

Where do you see big potential? No AI, no Physics, Ultra power shoot, no midfield, Well to resume no defending AI.

That's why the potential is huge. You just have to imagine all these things in the game.

That's always my interpretation of "huge potential" when used for both footy games anyway, the worse the game, the bigger the potential for improvement.

Last edited:
It was totally doable, even with Frostbite. But they decided otherwhise. E-Sports people are now employee : for having more difficult to play on VS they removed all assistance but increased speed.
That's why the potential is huge. You just have to imagine all these things in the game.

That's always my interpretation of "huge potential" when used for both footy games anyway, the worse the game, the bigger the potential for improvement.
I don't interpret that "potential" in the same way. When all those parameters necessary for building a good football game are present, but the game is not good or not well balanced, rushed, alpha like (Fifa 23 looks alpha too), there's potential for improvement. Just need to go to the good direction.

If they aren't there from the start, or are there (FIFA 17) but makes one thing disappears year after year you can could say "the game could've been good, with football fundamental was there (i prefers that word), but year after year they "FreddyAdu-ed" the game"

Edit:
Perhaps a bit more playable with the big first patch... For those who try hard and love to hate, or got a Stockholm syndrome. But there's others who like to test the game and found the issues too lol, that's a way to "enjoy" like another.
There's enough PES and FIFA from the good old time i discover or played less due to work, now that's what i'm doing. But i hope one day, i will play a real NG football game. It's more a dream, i don't believe it, and will get too old for enjoying a real NG football like it should have been

Last edited:
I don't interpret that "potential" in the same way. When all those parameters necessary for building a good football game are present, but the game is not good or not well balanced, rushed, alpha like (Fifa 23 looks alpha too), there's potential for improvement. Just need to go to the good direction.

I understand your interpretation, but having the necessary parameters for building a good game didn't exactly result in anything other than two trashy e-sports games. It's only their current state that matters really. I will be dead before any imaginary potential is realized in football games.

I think the only parameter that matters is what companies really want to do. If they want to do a good game, they'll find a way, they've done it before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom