FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

How do people know there will be a patch ? I've bought the game but kish turned off before trial even ended cos I'm bored as fuck, offline gaming is dead

How do people know there will be a patch ? I've bought the game but kish turned off before trial even ended cos I'm bored as fuck, offline gaming is dead

There's always a patch, followed by another 50 patches.

I wouldn't hold my breath, the game is designed months prior, there will be no AI defending. But they can make it faster, or increase the space between the lines. Possibly nerf some passes and shots as they're flying in currently. I'm vaguely curious for a bit, and then I'll probably "retire" to a retro thread until next year as I can't wait for hypermotion 3.0.

There's always a patch, followed by another 50 patches.

I wouldn't hold my breath, the game is designed months prior, there will be no AI defending. But they can make it faster, or increase the space between the lines. Possibly nerf some passes and shots as they're flying in currently. I'm vaguely curious for a bit, and then I'll probably "retire" to a retro thread until next year as I can't wait for hypermotion 3.0.
I hope they do something, tbh I would have been almost happy with FIFA 22 plus a bit more free /varied shooting .
But 23 is just crazy , played a few games last night and kept getting smashed 4 or 5 goals past me , turned on today won my first two games 5-0 , then got beat 7-4, just stupid .might not end up playing it again

Does this happen in FIFA 23?

Having just played another Italian cup game between two 3-star teams, yeah it does (on Legendary - WC is far too easy).

It doesn't look quite so fast-forward (the animations are a little better), but the AI still play way beyond their skills, with 90% pass accuracy at a lower-league level (we were talking about how daft this is in Football Manager at the moment).

It's the constant forward passing that makes me so sad. No pass avenues are closed by the AI, it's just not a part of the code (because that would be "AI defending").

Meaning every half has about 10 shots each.

(Apologies for being a broken record, just answering a question after spending another 30 minutes trying to force myself to like it.)

Ironic conclusion: almost everybody hates FIFA 23 for some months now (worst skating, no defending, no midfield plays, hockey goal fest etc... etc...), but at the same time almost everybody was impatiently buying and playing in "early access" the 90£ FIFA 23 Ultimate Edition right now. So I'm in the minority here with 90£ more in my wallet... I'm missing something? (coz' looks like this thing sells like hot bread...)

Yeah but guys what about those netssssssss wah wah wee wah! Close to being as good as Football Kingdom!

Its nearly worth the price of admission alone. You can almost accept the non existent midfield, atrocious AI, disgusting liquid diarrhoea skating animations, and microtransaction based online play just for the sake of those beautiful nets.

Almost.

We knew if EA were happy to "show off" this gameplay, it said everything about the game they were making.
It's so dark, so sad yet so satirically hilarious that your clips where you lampoon the game are therapeutic. I howled with laughter at your eFootball exposés, I'd love to see more from you in this game.

See, 10 years ago when it was very difficult and uncommon for players to share evidence of problems in games, their voices were smaller and developers were able to brainwash the average consumer that their product was flawless and people bought it and if they didn't like it, they'd quietly complain in dark corners of internet forums while the games sales wouldn't take a dent.

Now, everyone has a voice, every one can easily share unavoidable evidence of poor quality in these games on the biggest social media platforms in the world, devs can no longer easily hide or dismiss these issues as players not playing the game properly.

But the problem is...

Ironic conclusion: almost everybody hates FIFA 23 for some months now (worst skating, no defending, no midfield plays, hockey goal fest etc... etc...), but at the same time almost everybody was impatiently buying and playing in "early access" the 90£ FIFA 23 Ultimate Edition right now. So I'm in the minority here with 90£ more in my wallet... I'm missing something? (coz' looks like this thing sells like hot bread...)
Even though it's an open secret this game is deeply flawed, many, many more consumers like the game like this. They accept this and will spend more money on it. Maybe they're brainwashed. Maybe they think this resembles football. Maybe EA just thinks people don't want to play a game with 0-0s or 1-0s and they want exaggerated fun.

Then the problem you have is that those players who spent a ton of money on a game like this would cause an uproar if EA patched in traditional team pressing and inertia that slowed the game down. They didn't agree to buying a realistic simulation game, they were sold on the idea of a casual fast paced game. Money talks and the money is telling EA to keep things as they are.

There were 17 patches for FIFA 22 and none of those addressed the issues mentioned in that thread which have re-occurred in this thread.

I don't hold out much hope that'll change with 23.

Thanks, These have helped slow the franticallity part of the game for me, skating is unavoidable unless some godlike innovation in modding comes along and 1v1 is here forever unless EA have an epiphany and patch in team team pressing again...

...But one of the biggest boner killers for me right now, is goal keepers.

I get instant gamer ick once they shoot straight at my goal keeper and he's avoiding the ball like it's covered in incurable diseases.

Now, I haven't tried it yet, but would say - whacking goalkeeper slider up to 100 make them i dunno, extend their limbs out more? Stand more directly in front of an upcoming strike instead of stepping aside like that goal keeper would've done if Diana Ross hit the target in USA 94?

Hello old friend! Up until now I thought it was just... everything else that made the game look like a big steamy jobbie but my boys the limbless goalkpeers are still there. Fantastic.

Played 5 hours of the trial. My god.. It is horrendous. Why would anyone play this. The footplanting /ball physics at times is laughable. Not fun to played at all. Fifa fans always went on about licensing however most of the Italian teams aren't licensed as is Brazil.
Back to pes 2021 with all the kids and transfers. Far more satisfying to play.

We can see where they are taking us, side men style and all that shite, top bins or binz. I'm a traditionalist I want the FA Cup switched bay to 3pm kick off. SKY sports games would be a good one with all their dosh and could cover just about anything.I like the pitch marking up, I want lower teams pitches to be gnarly. For me it's what football is about. Imagine having a button for composure? So the ref gives a bad decision and the McEnroe Mist descends and you press x and he boots the ball away. Like that the tackles seem a lot meatier than before. I'm having a go even with the sliding and whatnot it's all we have, I can honestly say that the hype with fifa has faded and with all the money they still can't get it right.

5 minutes playing FIFA 16 makes you wish you had a physical copy of the FIFA 23 trial so you could take it out in the back yard with your mates and take turns to shit on it.

Hey guys,

loved PES back in the day. It's kinda sad for me to post my first post about FIFA in this sacred Pro Evolution Soccer Forum, times change. Gave Fifa some shots in 09,10,12,14,21,22 mostly for a short visit with some exceptions (10,12). Never got into Fifa because of: Horrendous momentum, FUT, Online- and Offline-Arcadia.

However I found Matt10 and his slider suggestions for FIFA 23 and tried them with the trial version. Well, it's a nice footy game with these adjustments. Of course, some of the old cheese is still there, but I kinda enjoy my career mode and look forward to play with my mates on rainy weekends. I don't bother playing Online or FUT, as they will always be the fast food-mode. So i buyed it today (and surely will regret it).

You really should try these out if you think, that the gameplay is unrealistic, which it actually is, as I also had almost only high scoring (and way too fast and no midfield) matches without the slider adjustments. He even posted them somewhere here in our Forum and got some props from legend Klashman.

Cheers and have fun.

Has anyone tried or had any luck getting the PS4 EA trial version on the PS5 ? Don’t know why sony make it so awkward. Easy on the Xbox. Thanks

My apologies to staff and members for my 'outburst' earlier I am prone to kick-off now and then, but I have to say give the game a minute it's just come out, also what's up with a bit of constructive criticism? There are members who point out the glaring issues and there are some who just troll it because that's what they do. I find it better than 22 even if it's for more animations because that's the fucking least they can do. With the sliders, I'm giving it some, and on the release date, I haven't had enough of it. I played 22 right up until the trial release of 23 only because it's the only thing that resembles our great game.

It is just a habit..

Seeing everyone hate this game gives me a lot of hope that I'll like it 💪🏻 I will probably give my own 5 cents (inflation, right?) in a couple weeks once I get my hands on it

My apologies to staff and members for my 'outburst' earlier I am prone to kick-off now and then, but I have to say give the game a minute it's just come out, also what's up with a bit of constructive criticism? There are members who point out the glaring issues and there are some who just troll it because that's what they do. I find it better than 22 even if it's for more animations because that's the fucking least they can do. With the sliders, I'm giving it some, and on the release date, I haven't had enough of it. I played 22 right up until the trial release of 23 only because it's the only thing that resembles our great game.
Nobody cares about this sh*t franchise anymore. If I play football game and have half-time for 15 minutes... I expect AT LEAST 4 fouls per half-time (I prefer 6). I dont play NHL, I expect slow chess match and battle for midfield. And I also expect wonder goals when goalkeeper will not move and get freeze time to time.... just more animations like a real football.

I am honestly suprised that you play Fifa 23 ... why you dont you install PES 4 or 5 ... or Fifa 16... this makes no sense to play Fifa 23 (if you are a football fan).

Hey guys,

loved PES back in the day. It's kinda sad for me to post my first post about FIFA in this sacred Pro Evolution Soccer Forum, times change. Gave Fifa some shots in 09,10,12,14,21,22 mostly for a short visit with some exceptions (10,12). Never got into Fifa because of: Horrendous momentum, FUT, Online- and Offline-Arcadia.

However I found Matt10 and his slider suggestions for FIFA 23 and tried them with the trial version. Well, it's a nice footy game with these adjustments. Of course, some of the old cheese is still there, but I kinda enjoy my career mode and look forward to play with my mates on rainy weekends. I don't bother playing Online or FUT, as they will always be the fast food-mode. So i buyed it today (and surely will regret it).

You really should try these out if you think, that the gameplay is unrealistic, which it actually is, as I also had almost only high scoring (and way too fast and no midfield) matches without the slider adjustments. He even posted them somewhere here in our Forum and got some props from legend Klashman.

Cheers and have fun.
So does that sliders you mentioned... does that sliders push to make AI at least 4 or 6 fouls per half-time?

Nobody cares about this sh*t franchise anymore.
Wrong……just look at EA’s revenue……the real truth is that the likes of you and me have little care for the franchise because it’s simply not aimed at our wants and desires of a football simulation. Sometimes we just have to accept games like this are aimed at the masses not the corner voices that want it to behave like a real match.

Good morning guys. 👋

what I’ve noticed the last 2 days is the following. I wanted to play some 23 and test the sliders… before that, I came here and read some comments. 2 days in a row I did not start the game when done reading here. 😂

You guys have a good day and a great weekend! 👋
You can never take what people, any people, say as gospel. The consensus opinion on this site about, e.g. PES 2021 is that it's average or poor, but I have played it for ridiculously many hundreds of hours since release and consider it the best pure PES game ever made on the PS4 generation, and almost up there with the Golden Age PS2 instalments. Yes. PES 2021. And no amount of telling me that I shouldn't think so (complete with detailed arguments, and maybe diagrams) can ever change that. So you never know. FIFA 23 is pretty poor for me. I think it'd be a good football game for gamers who don't really like football, which is the evil genius of EA. They always go for that exact market, most of the time, with seasoned footy gamers almost flukily getting a good FIFA at times (FIFA 16 et al).

You can never take what people, any people, say as gospel. The consensus opinion on this site about, e.g. PES 2021 is that it's average or poor, but I have played it for ridiculously many hundreds of hours since release and consider it the best pure PES game ever made on the PS4 generation, and almost up there with the Golden Age PS2 instalments. Yes. PES 2021. And no amount of telling me that I shouldn't think so (complete with detailed arguments, and maybe diagrams) can ever change that. So you never know. FIFA 23 is pretty poor for me. I think it'd be a good football game for gamers who don't really like football, which is the evil genius of EA. They always go for that exact market, most of the time, with seasoned footy gamers almost flukily getting a good FIFA at times (FIFA 16 et al).
I have a good chunk of personal experiences with both series.
If I haven’t read the comments here before and went straight into testing again and came here back later… well, I would’ve felt like wasting my time a bit.
I am pretty sure the ship has sailed, the fundamentals are lying on the bottom of the ocean and I’m paddling with one paddle to catch up to that ship…?!?!?!
Nope! not anymore… 👋

Edit: sentimental feelings from the past will have me standing on the dock of the bay… watching the tide roll away… uuhhhh… sitting on the dock of the bay… wasting time… 🎶
😉

Last edited:
So you never know. FIFA 23 is pretty poor for me. I think it'd be a good football game for gamers who don't really like football
Come on this is nonsense, i go and watch lots of football, i'm a coach for my kids U8 team and i like FIFA 23, people can be both. We need to stop pigeon holing people ,with comments like, if you like FIFA you cant possibly like football.

FIFA gets slated for its animations and movement - just zoom into PES 21 on some goals and watch the player hop/skip on one foot forward several times to reach the ball - its terrible and yet somehow it gets a pass.

Come on this is nonsense, i go and watch lots of football, i'm a coach for my kids U8 team and i like FIFA 23, people can be both.
People can be both, you're absolutely right. You can love football - and also want a game that's a fun "take" on football without being a "boring" sim. The whole "games are games and should be exaggerated fun" thing isn't exclusive to people who don't like football.

I do think you've taken him too literally, though. The fact is, if you're a football fan and you want a game that represents the sport (it's a 11v11 game, not a 1v1 game, and that is a gross oversimplification of the source material in order to make "the funnest game possible")... Then FIFA 23 can't offer anything to you (even with sliders, sorry, all you're doing is papering over the braindead-AI cracks by slowing it down) and folks like us have got nowhere to go.

There's four football games on the horizon (eFootball, FIFA, Goals and UFL), and all of them are trying to make identical games (certainly they're aiming at the same market). Because that's where they think the money is.

But there's a groundswell of football nerds out there (look at the expansion of nerdy podcasts, deeper discussions about xG etc.) and I honestly think devs are missing a trick.

Back
Top Bottom