FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

You want to find glitches and there are glitches on the game.
I promise you, I don't want to find glitches in the game. I want to make the game even vaguely playable (for me).

I just wanted to show you what I see when I use your sliders, instead of just saying "it doesn't work for me" like a troll - so that hopefully you can understand why I'm aggressively saying (towards EA, not you) that the core gameplay is broken for offline play.

Fast-forward this tweet I made from their own trailer footage - 25 seconds in.

It's almost identical to the clips I posted using your sliders. Which says to me (if not you), sliders don't help.

We saw this coming before the beta was even released, but the naysayers said "it'll be on a low difficulty".

We knew if EA were happy to "show off" this gameplay, it said everything about the game they were making.

I promise you, I don't want to find glitches in the game. I want to make the game even vaguely playable.

I just wanted to show you what I see when I use your sliders, instead of just saying "it doesn't work for me" like a troll - so that hopefully you can understand why I'm aggressively saying (towards EA, not you) that the core gameplay is broken for offline play.

Fast-forward this tweet I made from their own trailer footage - 25 seconds in. It's identical to the clips I posted using your sliders.

We saw this coming BEFORE EVEN THE BETA was released, but the naysayers said "it'll be on a low difficulty"...

Yes the core gameplay is broken. This year is very hard to play well.
Play FUMA help a lot. Try just a game.

Pad settings are more important than sliders.
Sliders are the final touch but if you play FUTO or semi, they are useless. Script is to overpowered in FIfa 23.
Is your ball is free or it's superglue?

Yes the core gameplay is broken. This year is very hard to play well.
Play FUMA help a lot. Try just a game.

Pad settings are more important than sliders.
Sliders are the final touch but if you play FUTO or semi, they are useless. Script is to overpowered in FIfa 23.
Is your ball is free or it's superglue?
With respect, the ‘play FUMA to make the game bearable’ debate has been done to death now mate.

Switching assists to FUMA doesn’t fix the glaring problems that fifa 23 currently has.

I loved FIFA 22 at launch, before the updates. But this - this is a bad game. No sliders, no control settings, no game speed or changing CPU tactics is saving this version of FIFA 23.

It’s not hyperbolic for me to say this is one of the worst FIFA games I’ve ever played. FIFA 17, 18, 19, 20, even the dreadful 21 - were never as bad to me as 23 is right now.

And when I say ‘this version’; hopefully we get a patch/update tomorrow which addresses the many gameplay issues.

With respect, the ‘play FUMA to make the game bearable’ debate has been done to death now mate.

Switching assists to FUMA doesn’t fix the glaring problems that fifa 23 currently has.

I loved FIFA 22 at launch, before the updates. But this - this is a bad game. No sliders, no control settings, no game speed or changing CPU tactics is saving this version of FIFA 23.

It’s not hyperbolic for me to say this is one of the worst FIFA games I’ve ever played. FIFA 17, 18, 19, 20, even the dreadful 21 - were never as bad to me as 23 is right now.

And when I say ‘this version’; hopefully we get a patch/update tomorrow which addresses the many gameplay issues.
It's only a tips.
Everybody here thinks that FIFA 23 was the worst on vanilla version. FIFA 21 was shit but another step has been reached this year.

The patch will downgrade the game : more speed, hypermotion disable.
I have no hope for that

And yet you see this online
Screenshot_20220929_161123.jpg
I would like to see what these people mean when they say football game is realistic. Nets? Faces? Chants?

It's only a tips.
Everybody here thinks that FIFA 23 was the worst on vanilla version. FIFA 21 was shit but another step has been reached this year.

The patch will downgrade the game : more speed, hypermotion disable.
I have no hope for that
So FIFA 23 vanilla is the bad version, is that what we have been playing on the trial?

No - with the greatest respect. The answer to improving these games offline simply shouldn’t be to handicap yourself to oblivion…..Because you still feel, deep down, that you’d be able to blitz the opposition if you needed to.

I just don’t get it - FIFA became a massively popular online multiplayer game while the previous mechanics still existed…why even bother having offline if this is what we get?

It’s so frustrating that us offliners are basically having our hobby robbed from us because of a portion of emotionally stunted tossers who can’t accept defeat in a computer game and point the finger at ai assists.

It’s so frustrating that us offliners are basically having our hobby robbed from us because of a portion of emotionally stunted tossers who can’t accept defeat in a computer game and point the finger at ai assists.

They are seriously confused and not to be taken seriously. They raged against 2nd man press to the point that it got completely obliterated by EA at one point because according to them it's AI defending (even though you actually press a button manually and it's an art to use properly, essentially controlling 2 players at the same time and leaving a gap elsewhere), but have no problem flicking on the constant pressure tactic and have every single player running and marking everyone without any further input.

Simply put they want to score goals and win games and can rationalize any game mechanic that will enable them to do so. There's nothing more to it.

Last edited:
No - with the greatest respect. The answer to improving these games offline simply shouldn’t be to handicap yourself to oblivion…..Because you still feel, deep down, that you’d be able to blitz the opposition if you needed to.

I just don’t get it - FIFA became a massively popular online multiplayer game while the previous mechanics still existed…why even bother having offline if this is what we get?

I do think FIFA next year (or EA FC whatever it’s going to be called) will be online focused only. There will be no career mode, it will be entirely FUT and Head To Head Seasons.

This monstrosity (FIFA 23) is the last FIFA game with a single player mode, in my opinion.

They are seriously confused and not to be taken seriously. They raged against 2nd man press to the point that it got completely obliterated by EA at one point because according to them it's AI defending (even though you actually press a button manually and it's an art to use properly, essentially controlling 2 players at the same time and leaving a gap elsewhere), but have no problem flicking on the constant pressure tactic and have every single player running and marking everyone without any further input.
Everything was obliderated. Not only second man press. Defense used to be so fun. There was a time where defending was giving me more satisfaction than attacking. Second man press, predicting opponents passes, blocking, last minute tackles, shirt pulling, harsh sliding tackles...
Now everything is so fucking dumbed down that you cant do anything. You are forced to play almost like AI does - keep your distance and just jog backwards. Coz you have literally no weapon against them and magical force field is preventing you getting close.

And when I say ‘this version’; hopefully we get a patch/update tomorrow which addresses the many gameplay issues
I've been a member here now for a lot of years, I've seen the changes in these games over the different gens, which brings its own problems, I remember our main gripes were 'Long tape on socks' and dirt on kits! Nets oh the bloody nets, now it gets depressing to read some real bs from people just not saying anything different. We all want a decent game, so suck it up because until someone who LOVES football decides to get the right devs together and has the money and passion we are going to be listening to the same parakeets every year.

Fuma is not to make it bearable its just another option to make it different , last year I enjoyed semi this year so far Fuma feels good. Without comparing pes is dogshit on PA3 but better on PA1 and some would say better still.on FUMA . If the passing bothers you why not try it rather than dismiss it . It's up to you at the end of the day.

Also, just to really point out 1v1 and how it works.

There's a reason for the stopping, standing and not being engaged - it all comes back to 1v1. You can draw these lines in your head as your playing and you can't unsee it.

The easiest way to test it is to run as far as you can with one player and you'll see the different targets changing as you go.
Very well explained. I could see this bullshit already on 22 but it seems like it's even worse in this game, The thing is, what's even the point of higher difficulty levels if the same thing happens on legendary?

Now even though world class and legendary used to entail a bit of nerfing on P1 and buffing of the COM, it used to also be that you'd be homing missile pressed and secondary pressed all over the pitch.

Now while that's an extreme you sign up for when you played on WC and Legendary, Why can't that same handicap apply on FIFA 23 if you choose to play on those difficulties?

Even though i'd also contest that it's not realistic for players to mind numbliy pressed at every square inch of the pitch without getting tired, it's gone from one extreme to the other between FIFA 16 and FIFA 22 in the difficulty area too.

Fuma is not to make it bearable it’s just another option to make it different , last year I enjoyed semi this year so far Fuma feels good. Without comparing pes is dogshit on PA3 but better on PA1 and some would say better still.on FUMA . If the passing bothers you why not try it rather than dismiss it . It's up to you at the end of the day.
I have tried FUMA. Many times. It doesn’t fix the bad AI.

You will suck it up pal, and you are a parakeet, droning the same shite every time,' yes I like, no I don't like it, I don't need to go anywhere and read anything you just put a cake in that cakehole. And you are worth getting a ban for because you are full of shit. Staff sorry but this guy is a mug!

Any more simply nasty, personal outbursts here and Your out, I mean it.

The good new the day : COVID is out of my body 🤘
We played footy game for decades and the futur is very dark. Efootball will have a career mode but i think it will be a copy paste of PES 2021. EA FC 24 i hope will have a career mode. F2P or not? We don't know.

I have the chance ( or not) to have low expectations and i know i couldn't live without a footy game in an entire year! 1 vs 1 is shit but i try to make it less Bad/more fun to play.

Before FIFA has autodefense and EA has decided to stop it. But in a bad way : no more AI.
The majority played only online so piss of dinausaurs like us. EA thinks : take it or go away.

Sad days my friends, sad days

Just had a couple of games there using the OS sliders (was doing that before though) but both games were actually really really enjoyable.

Defence had a bit more resistance this time and I couldn’t simply dance through them as easily as before.

If it stayed like that I’d be happy to get stuck in but you just know they’ll keep screwing with it - sometimes daily

Something happened (don’t know if it’s because I turned analogue sprint to OFF)

And guess what? Editing is still rubbish, not lower team keeper sponsors on shirts. I really thought they would pull out the stops this year.

EA have pulled the wool over people’s eyes since FIFA 19. 18 was the last acceptable entry.

Even when you normalise the game to regular speed with sliders the AI is still truly horrible. No physical battles and press, no covering.

Lets hope someone will step in with Fifa next year and give us something worth it because EA FC doesn't sound promising to me.

I'm with @Mikhail I also think EA FC will just be like eFootball with more game modes. Don't think offline will even be a thing. Someone please save us. The greatest sport in the world doesn't have a game. Criminal.

Anyone an absolute anarok like me and play 20 mins half's. Trust me sliders played a big role in 22 for this and looking at the comments going to be the same here.

Back
Top Bottom