FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Do anyone know if and where I can disable the new shoot option (powershoot or so)?

It's a little bit anoying. I played two games and = a score 3:11 both lost against the CPU AI on professional. The second match Me with Juve at home against PSG. Messi made a powershoot hattrick + one normal goal.

It seems the AI have a powershoot score 100%. And this is really disturbing me.

When I watch Bernardo's Silva first touch and his ball controll in general I feel that we were all wrong! Fifa 23 is most realistic game, even Bernardo Silva looks like he is sliding between players and defenders are not defending at all, they were in wrong positions all the time when he is near them 😂

I'm one of the biggest critics of this franchise, having previously been in love with it over the years.

However, I don't seem to be suffering the big scorelines and I'm a bit confused. I play on normal gamespeed, with full manual controls and default sliders. I also change things like making sure attributes are set to classic with competitor mode off etc, and in control settings I take as many assists off as I can. (It's insane the amount of random options in there now) My last few games have been 1-0, 2-1 and 2-0. There also doesn't seem to be huge gaps in midfield.

But I'm actually enjoying it and it scares me! 😂 I know it won't last as I enjoyed the first few days last year and then they ruined it, but for the time being on PS5 there seems to be some weight to the players, like you can't turn as sharply. Also, the ball feels better and seems to be rounder. On Fifa 22 the ball seemed to have this weird flat element at the bottom. It also feels smoother in general, not to mention the frame rate of the flags in the crowd. Although they are totally unrealistic in the Premier League.

There are some things I have to turn off that give me nightmares, like the camera zooming in for a power shot, disgraceful. Also, the lighting is a bit odd especially at night time and in some areas in the sun.

Only got the 10 hour trial so still 7 hours to change my mind.

I'm one of the biggest critics of this franchise, having previously been in love with it over the years.

However, I don't seem to be suffering the big scorelines and I'm a bit confused. I play on normal gamespeed, with full manual controls and default sliders. I also change things like making sure attributes are set to classic with competitor mode off etc, and in control settings I take as many assists off as I can. (It's insane the amount of random options in there now) My last few games have been 1-0, 2-1 and 2-0. There also doesn't seem to be huge gaps in midfield.

But I'm actually enjoying it and it scares me! 😂 I know it won't last as I enjoyed the first few days last year and then they ruined it, but for the time being on PS5 there seems to be some weight to the players, like you can't turn as sharply. Also, the ball feels better and seems to be rounder. On Fifa 22 the ball seemed to have this weird flat element at the bottom. It also feels smoother in general, not to mention the frame rate of the flags in the crowd. Although they are totally unrealistic in the Premier League.

There are some things I have to turn off that give me nightmares, like the camera zooming in for a power shot, disgraceful. Also, the lighting is a bit odd especially at night time and in some areas in the sun.

Only got the 10 hour trial so still 7 hours to change my mind.
I played with similar settings to you. Except I used semi instead of manual.

I tried slow and then normal speed. It didn’t make a difference. Every match is a goal fest on legendary and ultimate.

world class far too easy - CPU is passive like in all fifa games.

I tried to enjoy it but it’s goal, goal, goal, goal - it’s the worst fifa I’ve ever played.

Forgot to add yesterday: I hate the way EA have scrapped the real fixture list again. In my Villa career I played 4 away matches in a row!

very Konami feeling.

I played with similar settings to you. Except I used semi instead of manual.

I tried slow and then normal speed. It didn’t make a difference. Every match is a goal fest on legendary and ultimate.

world class far too easy - CPU is passive like in all fifa games.

I tried to enjoy it but it’s goal, goal, goal, goal - it’s the worst fifa I’ve ever played.

So weird, just don't understand why I'm not having the same experience. It's not the best experience I've ever had by any means, but I'm tolerating it. The problem I'm having now is I've played Pes 21 to death and even with the incredible mods it's beginning to look a bit tired after PS5.

So weird, just don't understand why I'm not having the same experience. It's not the best experience I've ever had by any means, but I'm tolerating it. The problem I'm having now is I've played Pes 21 to death and even with the incredible mods it's beginning to look a bit tired after PS5.

Having said this, I've always been really good at defending and not the best at attacking, that coupled with the fact I'm on manual might explain why my games are lower scoring

Yeah I’ve got PES 2021 installed on pc with mods but it’s just too dull to play now IMO.

If anyone wants to try, I would totally watch a video on fast speed with acceleration at 100 to see the best defending possible, although it will all probably be just a blur, dangerously approaching the speed of light.
Not quite, but not a million miles from what I’m testing. I’ll post some videos today.

I know you probably dont understand portuguese, but please take a look at this video

I don't get how people think that this kind of animations and "ghost" feet are acceptable in a football game released in 2022....

Fun fact: EA devs programmed animations for goalkeeper's fingers and the ball keeps passing through feet...

This game is broken from its core...

Not quite, but not a million miles from what I’m testing. I’ll post some videos today.

And I just saw a guy play both the old-gen and new-gen versions on twitch and I think we can retire the idea that old gen is better. The main difference is that in old gen there's a small football field, big enough to plant some crops, between every player position on the pitch. Everything is just so spaced out.

So Fifa 21 will forever remain the undisputed worst fifa game. Although one could still prefer the animations pre-hypermotion I guess.

And I just saw a guy play both the old-gen and new-gen versions on twitch and I think we can retire the idea that old gen is better. The main difference is that in old gen there's a small football field, big enough to plant some crops, between every player position on the pitch. Everything is just so spaced out.

So Fifa 21 will forever remain the undisputed worst fifa game. Although one could still prefer the animations pre-hypermotion I guess.
Yeah old gen is no fix, I t’s where the problem started. I know not many agree but that 11v11 capture does bring some positives to certain aspects of movement. The issue is it’s just been dumbed down to around 3% and it’s barely noticeable. The 1v1 over the top destroys it too.

Yeah old gen is no fix, I t’s where the problem started. I know not many agree but that 11v11 capture does bring some positives to certain aspects of movement. The issue is it’s just been dumbed down to around 3% and it’s barely noticeable. The 1v1 over the top destroys it too.

I think most would agree that it brought better positioning last year, but that doesn't mean much if the logic is flawed (defenders retreating, players standing still in their "position" instead of tracking or trying to block a passing lane.

In fact it can look even more infuriating when they ignore an opponent who is basically right in front of them because there's another teammate "active".

I'm.the same , quite enjoying full.manual same approach as fifa and mot had a game over 3 goals , just finished one 1-1 WC v Chelsea. I also have all assists off eg jockey , clearances etc timed finishing off and legacy defending . Really.enjoying the game and love the new set pieces

Oh wow if this is true then that is beyond a bizarre logic 😂. Which also shows just how bad the engine is. If this is the solution then it's clear they couldn't do much smh.
The logic is fine, as most dumb FUT players want goals and fast nonsense, I unfortunately. So the gameplay suits them and makes EA the most money. They don’t care or even try to make a realistic or good game.

I think most would agree that it brought better positioning last year, but that doesn't mean much if the logic is flawed (defenders retreating, players standing still in their "position" instead of tracking or trying to block a passing lane.

In fact it can look even more infuriating when they ignore an opponent who is basically right in front of them because there's another teammate "active".
Yeah I agree. I just don't think 'Hypermotion' is the reason for the issues.

Guy on YT posted these sliders within his video, I've taken out just the CPU sliders as I do CPU vs CPU mostly, I am getting very low final scores with these but..............using Fast Speed only. My earlier post I don't agree with anymore as since then even Fast Speed on Vanilla sliders at Legendary level started to give me the high scores at the end again.

So these, below, work fine at Fast Speed to the extent I am hardly seeing any chances created when watching CPU vs CPU........something to tinker with me thinks:-

CPU only these:--

SPRINT SPEED 46
ACCELERATION 46
SHOT ERROR 65
PASS ERROR 65
SHOT SPEED 50
PASS SPEED 10
INJURY FREQUENCY 70
INJURY SEVERITY 40
GOALKEEPER ABILITY 65
POSITIONING MARKING 50
POSITIONING RUN FREQUENCY 10
POSITIONING LINE HEIGHT 50
POSITIONING LINE LENGTH 35
POSITIONING LINE WIDTH 50
POSITIONING FULLBACK POSITIONING 30
FIRST TOUCH CONTROL ERROR 50

I hope the first patch will came when EA play FIFA will still playable for you guys.
Better to make a definitive opinion when it will be out. Even the second patch give the real tone about what you will play all the season...

Okay, I just played 2 games on WC on Old-Gen PS4(not counting the 1st "intro game" which I won 5-1), controls semi, lost 0-2 vs Real Madrid and 2nd one vs Tottenham on Extra time..😄 man I don't know but on Old-Gen the defensive line is compact, aggressive, Cb's following my player stepping up..it's not at all like on Next Gen like people have been experiencing. I'm surprised how good they are..haven't played fifa 22 in a while but I know WC became a bit too easy last time even though I didn't play fifa that much.
But the defensive ai is much better on Oldgen as I hoped it seems, so far..Maybe you all should switch to Old-gen😅even Gokeepers saving shots from the box, had several one on one chances but didn't score..

Just gave it a go there for science,

It actually felt slightly better than fifa 22 in terms of player movement, even though there are still certain moments when they insist on going all night fever.

BUT....and these are game breaking for me:

As has been pointed out here ad-nauseum - it's FAR FAR TOO EASY it didn't really require much effort at all for me to score a hattrick with Anthony in the space of 30 in-game minutes by just walzing through an absentee defence

You still cant change the awful jerseys for the missing Serie A sides

Probably going to steer well clear this year - my mental health simply cannot hack another year of trying every slider trick in the book to enjoy it

Well, for those who plays the game (FIFA 23) on Slow Speed, the AI doesn't even care to block/defend/mark you even on higher difficulties. Just try to play on Normal or Fast Speed.

If anyone ask me How? I don't know, heck, I don't even purchased/played the game beforehand to say this. The answer is all over the place. A British lad called TheTrueBrits on YouTube clearly shown the Slow Speed issue. It is completely broken. Higher scorelines, non existence of the AI marking/defending etc etc.. (list goes on and on). EA probably didn't even test it before releasing the game, as it seems. Anyway, even though you play at Normal speed, it doesn't seems like an enjoyable game anyway, in terms of logic (in my opinion).
Nothing new, the beta was like this. And if you look it up you will see Sam Rivera saying that they extended the lines and created more runs inside the penalty area.

This until the first update is just the beta with the new kits, several top players without real faces, and look like some hybrid neanderthals.

Guys like I said above try out Old-gen, I was quite surprised how good the ai was defensively. Tracking my strikers, Cb's stepping up..they were compact. Lost both games, and keepers saving several shots inside the box even one on one 😄haven't played fifa in a while but this was on WC which was easy last time I played Fifa 22..
So far it's like I was assuming, the next gen seems to have bigger issues in that regard, I mean this was nothing like I've seen where defensive line is non existent etc. Much harder here to break them down, so far from what I've experienced

When you play these last Fifas on Full Manual you change sliders?

Because i'm feeling that i'm passing/shooting a coconut on manual. Very different from efootball/pes.

Seeing TheTrueBrits videos, it seems the high scorelines/lack of defence are because of a bug with slow game speed. Hopefully patched by EA at some point, but default speed with some sliders might be the way to go for some.

Still excited to play it in a couple weeks though 😁

Back
Top Bottom