FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Admittedly I haven’t checked back through the thread, but I do seem to be seeing a lot of people saying the game is slow etc.

To me, it still feels quick. And my first 6 games on Legendary in Career have had scorelines of:

5-4
4-5
4-3
5-4
3-3

Am I missing something?

It’s tied to all speeds. Defending is an afterthought.

I just tried last gen version and it’s definitely a better game. Hypermotion ruins the gameplay and makes the CPU do weird shit.

Saying that, last gen is pretty boring to play. Two shit games. Same old FIFA.
Yeah you’re right, sorry Chris. Just frustrated is all. I don’t know why as we all knew it was going to be the same old story.

Admittedly I haven’t checked back through the thread, but I do seem to be seeing a lot of people saying the game is slow etc.

To me, it still feels quick. And my first 6 games on Legendary in Career have had scorelines of:

5-4
4-5
4-3
5-4
3-3

Am I missing something?
Yes, an ice rink to have the complete package of FHL (FIFA Hockey League).

Am I missing something?

5-4
4-5
4-3
5-4
3-3

Am I missing something?
You're missing the fact that it's an "inspired by" football game. But it's a Tennis game in disguise. Or 3v3 on a cage football.

Otherwise, not a wrong single stuff said by @Emroth on his last post. All he said we, F.G. fans are searching for is on FIFA 14... Assisted or not.
The game died versions after version with one or two "up" (17 and 16, objectively) but i don't understand how you can transform a game to something that weird. It's so so weird to watch, Fifa 22 was already bizarre in terms of gameplay choice but not that level. Even graphically, the running animations, every ball push, the AI unmoving, etc. looks weird, unnatural.

It's in fact a new game, new reality concept with football for thematic. That's how i see it, no better or others words to describe, even in my native language.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, over at FIFA Reddit, a FUT player has this to say. In what universe is fifa 23 too slow on default normal speed?!?!

Attachments

• F68D4A2A-4841-47B3-935B-3E04FC7DE73E.jpeg
    F68D4A2A-4841-47B3-935B-3E04FC7DE73E.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 63
Is it just me or does the gameplay just feel ‘off’. Like there’s no real consistency again with ball physics, especially on manual. It really is a mess.

They don't design a consistent set of physics, They design separate "moves" with separate sets of rules. So a powershot, a regular shot, a finesse shot, a left stick dribble, skill move A or skill move B, can all feel like it's a completely different game, played with different gravity, ball physics, etc.

So you can have things like defenders stuck in quicksand unable to sprint and dribblers changing direction like it's nothing, taking 10 ball touches / second, all in the same game.

Last edited:
Downloaded the 10 hour trial yesterday and played a match. Well, half a match to be honest, then turned it off.

First of all I like the graphics, the pitch and the nets. And that's it. Holy fuck, I already expected almost nothing but the gameplay is shockingly bad.
It's truly a new alltime low... Played one half as I said and the scoreline was 4:3, on worldclass, semi controls...

Btw., what I discovered in the settings, not only that standard halftime is 3 minutes and cards are disabled, in the audio section there is a setting where you can disable critical comments from the commentators. What the fuck?? :LMAO: Tells a lot about EAs target audience I guess....

I actually hate the graphics on next gen. Pitches are way too bright, kits look horrible in night matches. Red kits glow they’re so bad. White kits are so bright that you can’t see the small shirt details like sponsor and club crest.

Everything is OTT, to appease the FUT audience.

Downloaded the 10 hour trial yesterday and played a match. Well, half a match to be honest, then turned it off.

First of all I like the graphics, the pitch and the nets. And that's it. Holy fuck, I already expected almost nothing but the gameplay is shockingly bad.
It's truly a new alltime low... Played one half as I said and the scoreline was 4:3, on worldclass, semi controls...

Btw., what I discovered in the settings, not only that standard halftime is 3 minutes and cards are disabled, in the audio section there is a setting where you can disable critical comments from the commentators. What the fuck?? :LMAO: Tells a lot about EAs target audience I guess....

Is that for real with the commentary settings and cards?! Genuinely scares me what we are turning our kids in to.

I actually hate the graphics on next gen. Pitches are way too bright, kits look horrible in night matches. Red kits glow they’re so bad. White kits are so bright that you can’t see the small shirt details like sponsor and club crest.

Everything is OTT, to appease the FUT audience.

It's like Selling Sunset on Netflix, made contrasty purpose to appeal to the audience. Not that I watch it..👀

Should be "Censor/replace critical comments with horse neighing sounds", they're in the game after all. Lazy.

My half time brother in mind! 😊 I just barely made it to half time… the score was already 2:2 on WC difficulty. 🤯

Had the same shock last night at the AI "non defending" allowing forwards to score every 2 mins....

I do CPU CPU mostly, had it set to PSG Man Utd each time. In SLOW speed in Legendary.............. End score always 12-13 or something silly.

Tried CPU CPU Spurs Arsenal just now, in FAST speed in Legendary............got to HT score just 1-1. Sensational difference. AI Defending properly all throughout, so whoever above said the AI non defending is in SLOW speed more is 100% correct.

I just witnessed some very very organically realistic football, so EA just need to fix why this happens in the SLOW speed mode, that is all, as I think most of us prefer to play in SLOW speed as its about right in terms of realistic match speed for players to real life.

Unfortunately, one look at the online community tells you all you need to know about where EA/FIFA is heading and prioritising.

EA and Reddit forums are full of people who exclusively play FUT and this has been the market EA have played to for the last few years. Gone are the days where producing a solid, balanced and semi-realistic AI/offline experience was the starting point. There’s no discussion around career mode, how to breakdown the AI or tactics.

We now have a game which first and foremost caters for an online community, with everything else an afterthought.

I don’t have any issue with people who play FUT but unfortunately it has meant that for people like myself and others on this forum who crave a balanced game it will likely never happen. It has certainly never felt further away.

Last edited:
Had the same shock last night at the AI "non defending" allowing forwards to score every 2 mins....

I do CPU CPU mostly, had it set to PSG Man Utd each time. In SLOW speed in Legendary.............. End score always 12-13 or something silly.

Tried CPU CPU Spurs Arsenal just now, in FAST speed in Legendary............got to HT score just 1-1. Sensational difference. AI Defending properly all throughout, so whoever above said the AI non defending is in SLOW speed more is 100% correct.

I just witnessed some very very organically realistic football, so EA just need to fix why this happens in the SLOW speed mode, that is all, as I think most of us prefer to play in SLOW speed as its about right in terms of realistic match speed for players to real life.
You're 100% right. And it isn't just the game speed. I did the same and set it to fast. All was good defensively. So I halved every speed setting in the sliders at half time and it completely lobotomised the defense.

I'm going to reset spring and acceleration and keep pass and shot speed at half and see what that does.

From @des8686 post with vids
the "Huhhh" was very accorded nice rythm :ROCK:

Making superb very long cross from outside the foot with that level of precision and the animation not showing any power animation put on the ball.
A day like another in the Fifa-niverse.

You're 100% right. And it isn't just the game speed. I did the same and set it to fast. All was good defensively. So I halved every speed setting in the sliders and it completely lobotomised the defense.
I used to play with sprint speed and acceleration quite high on 22 to help with this also. It doesn't solve everything but it makes them more aggressive and a bit more alert. I'm testing some pretty extreme slider settings at the moment - all sorts of strange things to try and get some improvement defensively. I just had my first 0-0 actually, low shot count, low XG. It was a decent match - still problems of course but it's a slight step towards a better direction. This was followed by a 2-1, again decent stats and decent phases in the match.

One of the biggest issues of 22 is unfortunately back though - defenders following the attacker back. It just creates so many issues and gaps in defence and undoes a lot of positive changes with settings.

After playing some more with it, I take back my original comment this morning about it being FIFA 21 levels of bad. I think it's probably a little better than 21. A little ;)

lol EA didn't even try, the problem is we as a community have constantly enabled them to release bullshit because we keep buying bullshit, year after year so why would they try, why would they spend money to try and improve a product which according to them actually works according to sales figures.

Even if anyone here in Evo made a boycott about the game, on millions sales + the newcomers it wouldn't change anything.
Yes, for the principle, for the "i want change". But there won't be.
The FUT player will run on it. And casual but football fan. And people who just want their Fifa for playing one session every 2 week (FUT or Season). Etc. Etc.

It really need a MASSIVE boycott for change, but when you read "FIFA = Slow" (but every guy even thinkin like us will buy it after the trial or already did) and all the other rewarding Hypermotion 2.0 and players faces, the "back to/change it" project is already dead.

Edit: i was thinking about something, when i see all that, what that game could be in the future? I just can imagine as they're in "go off the grid" state, not carrying and giving the wheel and pedals to E-sports players, wtf the gameplay and all the rest will looks and play.
I can imagine or guess + or -, but it's really hard, because the mix of all (graphically lookalike, but cartoony in motion) make it weirder than Fever Pitch Soccer / Adidas Power Soccer level which didn't tried to rely to reality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom