FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Also, is it just me or intro match have much much more better gameplay and slower pace?

I haven't played it but I'm sure you're right. The intro match played better in past games too. The gameplay *is* slightly different between intro matches / kick off / cm. Perhaps some may not notice, but I think a lot feel the difference. CM is the worst btw. lol.

When i just see vids and report (thanks for saving us money... Even for EA play)...
I make me think that EA made a bad ugly baby for people to say "FIFA is shit" as they perhaps got a hard and bad separation with FIFA.
Just a matter to say "hey FIFA guys, you see? Now go f*** yourself haha". As no one say EA is shit, or very few people.

And EA Sport FC slogan will be "Back to reality. It's on the pitch. EA Sports FC"

It's nice to dream sometimes.

Just hard to believe how in bad state the licence as become, what kind of person even beginner would something like that?

It's even more bugging me after buying Fifa 14 PS4 the best on PS4 for me as the core isn't IGNITE or Frostbite, just graphics and animations.
Sorry but Fifa 16 is good but i can't play more than 3 games before getting bored. Like i ain't a fan at all of PES 2013 for the same feeling. Matter of interest, those games are pretty divided other than here. Both misses what i'm searching for.

Last edited:
Then play retro match again and again, until EA Sport FC 24.

They can transforms fundamental just for an intro match. Keep your feet on the ground.

Minor compared to the gameplay, but I'm not rating the new grass texture. As an option it would be fine, but not for every match.

FUT idiots wet-dream probably ... this game is.

Normal people like us :(
Normal Fifa player is FUT players now, sad

Also, i can't get enough to be facepalmed and sick about those agreement, exclusivity and partnership. Whatever the game quality.
I found a new WTF think regarding exclusivity every year.

Last edited:
I've never touched FUT
Neither do i. Where not normal Fifa players, or better to say just players but we're Football games fans.

I mean all around the world, people who brought that game "as usual" then, so you're right about calling "Fifa player" (playing it in priority) was not appropriated.

But on the post i called Fifa players anyone buying that game, no separation vs casual football gamers. And i truly think the majority plays FUT, from all i could see since years, it's THE mode.

Last edited:
These are new videos
The game on PS5 is faster, maybe because i started very late to play

Celtics Vs Ranger – PS5

Ajax Vs PSV – PS5

Juventus Vs Milan – Series X

Real Vs Barca – Series X

I have to post my sliders in the right topic, now and if you allow me to do that

Last edited:
Some videos on youtube look goog, not easy at all, good game speed, varied ai in attacking while other look even funny, like there are two versions of the game. Skating and sliding through the pitch is definately biggest issue, players do 4-5 touches while changing direction in the speed of light, that`s why it looks like that. I just hope they will release patch when they will "stabilise" the game to be calmer, that will bring more thinking and making more mistakes from the ai.

@saturator ou sont les sliders, mon ami?! 🤔

i would like to try them tonight. 😊👋
The entire point of the sliders thread is to stop sliders talk in here, as some think it makes the game playable, and others don't (given that nothing gives the AI their brains back). Please look at the sliders thread. It's pinned to the top of the forum.

I just played the trial and this game is just so boring..I couldn´t even finish the only match I started. And this is coming from someone who liked Fifa 22 (playing on manual and with OS Sliders), even though I absolutely do not think that F22 was a very good game or something like that. As the last game of this franchise, one would think that EA is giving 100% to please old fans but also making sure to get people buying their "new" franchise next year. But no, this game feels even more soulless and empty than the games before (which at least reflects modern football, so that´s a plus point I guess:ROLL:).

The first reason for this is the gameplay: I was playing as Bayern at Juve on WC difficulty. Players of both teams just stood still or barely moved the entire time. So you can either run or pass (even on manual) with absolutely no problem to get in front of the goal in less then 5 seconds. There is no excitement or feeling of suspense while playing this game. This game is the "Oh no! Anyway" meme in live action. Everything just feels meaningless. You miss a chance? No problem you will get at least 10 more. You score a goal? Yeah there are plenty more to come. The AI scores a goal? Here have a free walk to the goal to score a goal. Etc... Unlike others I don´t think the fundamentals of this game are the problem. But this game is so dumbed down to ensure FUT players will play this game until next year.
The second reason for me is the atmosphere and graphic. This was once a very strong point for Fifa. But even this has regressed in the recent years. The commentary is getting worse and worse. The cinematics in the next gen version are just bad. In my match (a friendly btw) Juventus scored the 1-1 around the 30th minute. And the game shows me a woman who jumps on the back of another fan while having the most dead serious face you can imagine. There are not only no emotions in those cinematics, they don´t even make sense.

Even if the game was somewhat fun: a sports game like this is just not acceptable anymore. NBA 2k23 set a new benchmark. In short: The gameplay is not only the best it´s ever been, but the AI is also on a new level. Teams and even every player play like their real counterpart. The details in the game are amazing, which makes the game feel even more intriguing. Then you have the Era Mode, in which every Era has the correct rules and teams play like they did in the 80s, 90s etc. Even just a little bit of this attention to detail would make Fifa so much better...

No, no, no. I will not buy it this year, promised myself. Even if it was amazing, it would be patched to death in a few months and not resemble your original purchase.

Both games have gone to the shitter.

This isn't even funny anymore watching the state this ancient engine is in.

State of football games in 2022 is the darkest it's ever been.

We have one game your bored after 2 hours or so finishing the challenges.

Then this other game here you spend hours changing the gameplay mechanics just trying to get a few respectable games of football for a while. Not even enhance it to make it ideal and very enjoyable. just respectable. The engine is THAT broken!

I really hope and pray EA Sports just start fresh with a new engine for EA Sports FC. Its the only way forward.

Man, iadmire your fortitude to still hope and pray for EA sports :DD.
I will play this for $70 of course but by extending my PS+ or Gamepass next year :SHHH:

I won't even finish the 10h trial. This is an abomination. Tried sliders, tactics, everything. This is not football, it's Rocket League with 22 licenced players. There is no defense in this game, no midfield, players stand still everywhere, they start to track back and suddenly they stop like there's an invisible wall or something. Wow, I'm absolutely stunned they have the nerves to release a game in this state and ask for money.
I'm in shock.

It seems like the atrocious defending is tied to slow game speed.
It’s tied to all speeds. Defending is an afterthought.

I just tried last gen version and it’s definitely a better game. Hypermotion ruins the gameplay and makes the CPU do weird shit.

Saying that, last gen is pretty boring to play. Two shit games. Same old FIFA.

I agree but... It's shit : poop is not a subject of discussion you talk with your friends. Note: i was sad some months ago, realising there's no future for Football Games, or perhaps a Revolution from others companies, football fans, in years...
Bad jokes aside, there's no real feedbacks about the old gen version. Shit > similar to FIFA 21 or 22 (old-gen) overall without changes?

Last edited:
I promised myself that I wont get involved, coz I didnt play F23 and Im certainly not planning to.
But I'll say few things to the people who enjoy this game. And before I start Id like to say that I am really happy that you do. Honestly.

Since the whole 1v1 focus started and the game slowly began to switch all other players on the pitch off, apart from the two controlled ones - F23, F22, F21 are more or less in the same basket.

And it baffles me how can anybody enjoy a game like that? During last few iterations of Fifa they literally turned the need to use your brain off.
There is no tactics, there is no challenge, there is no reward.
Why do you even try to pass around and attack from the wing if the game lets you run straight through every single defender, while controlling your CB?

What happened with psychological battles that we used to have? What happened with trying to crack different AI teams, coz some of them had unbreakable midfield, some of them had deadly wingers, some of them had amazing CBs??
Football games used to force you to change your playstyle, go out of your comfort zone, think..
Now you can play the same way against everybody..

The only challenge that they were able to introduce is to catch up with AI scoreline. They are artificially trying to create difficulty by umpteen goals.

You cant even defend tactically. You cant send team mate to pressure AI while you cover passing lanes. You cant track back AI attacker, coz the rest of the team will just stand there. You have to do EVERYTHING yourself. Its not fun. Its exhausting.

I understand that the game might look pretty and the net physics might be amazing and that you can enjoy a braindead match or two..

But to play the whole season (or multiple seasons) like this? Same exact scenarios? Every team playing the same way? No physical battles? Players running away from you?

This is not football. And no amount of settings and sliders will ever fix the fact that the game is designed for only two players moving at the time, while the rest stands still or backs off.

Back
Top Bottom