FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

And you know whats the saddest part in all this? That 90% of you bought this knowing its an absolute pile of shite.
What do Fifa developers think when they look into this thread?
- ah yeah, they were all moaning and yet most of them bought it anyway. So why the fuck should we change anything? Sweet!
They won’t even bother looking into this thread because we are nothing to them. They make a ridiculous amount of money from FUT, and that’s all that matters.

WTF is wrong with the AI in defence? Is it a bug? Was it done with purpose so everyone can test new net goals or replay system? I'm really confused now. FIFA was always shit, but now it's radicicolous what they've done this year with the defending system What's going on? Did anyone test the game (offline mode) before its release? :LOL:

I'm sure plenty more bought it. Getting the latest game no matter how it plays like, is not exclusively an online/fut phenomenon.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that if someone actually expected a shit game, or honestly enjoyed games like 21. I mean if you played 21 and thought it was good, there's absolutely no game that can disappoint you).
Yeah you’re right. I just haven’t noticed many at evo web who have bought it this year. Every September we say we’re not going to but we all end up getting it (I’m guilty of this).

But this year it feels different, like we’re sticking to our guns. But as Chris pointed out above, we’re just a tiny sample size.
It will still sell thousands of copies. I would actually like to know how fifa 22 sold in the end - I bet it’s eye watering amounts of money.

They won’t even bother looking into this thread because we are nothing to them. They make a ridiculous amount of money from FUT, and that’s all that matters.
I just feel for the ones that would, because even if they wanted to help us, I don't think they could. FIFA (or EAFC) has goals closer to the Metaverse than a football game, and I don't see anybody being able to fight the system and change things. But I hope I'm wrong (and either way, it would be years before that happens).

My only hope is that reviewers give this disappointment a voice. Sales will break records every year because the game is a social hub more than a game. The only other thing that might make some kind of difference is if there's a tidal wave of professionals saying the same thing(s).

WTF is wrong with the AI in defence? Is it a bug? Was it done with purpose so everyone can test new net goals or replay system? I'm really confused now. FIFA was always shit, but now it's radicicolous what they've done this year with the defending system What's going on? Did anyone test the game (offline mode) before its release? :LOL:
It was like this all through the beta. I tried to show how this breaks the game for offline players daily. Countless others agreed, and I had the most "liked" post in the beta feedback forum, for the second year in a row... and I said exactly the same things, two years in a row.

It's not a bug. Believe me. I wasted days of my life trying to show how broken this game is offline, to try and make our voices heard.

It will still sell thousands of copies. I would actually like to know how fifa 22 sold in the end - I bet it’s eye watering amounts of money.
Something close to $2bn judging by their last official announcement at their general meeting ($1.75bn something like six months after going on sale).

Why would you change something that made you that much money?

Yeah, if you search Twitter for #FIFA23 (and look at the "latest" tab so that you're seeing real people's reactions), you'll only see two types of posts. "My first FUT team looking pretty sick"

If FUT people are happily busy building their teams and there are no "Pros" complaining that "a game should be a game", then you just know this is terrible / worse than 22. 😅

Watch clips of any older FIFA game, and it's genuinely astonishing to see how much worse 23 is than all of them. (If you want the game to play out like a football match.)

It's not an exaggeration. Just look at the defensive positioning, look at the user having to unlock the midfield/defence to score, look at the general movement.

Whether it's old-gen FIFA 14...

Next-gen FIFA 14...

FIFA 16...

FIFA 17...

I could go on.

When you compare that to this (which honestly is a constant, even on the hardest difficulty - unless you flick "competitor mode" on and turn every player on the pitch into Prime Neymar)...

... it's just so blatant. And sad.

I played a couple of matches of the full game, the ultimate version, and a little bit of practice, and here are my first impressions. XBOX Series S.

I am mad. Why? The game is good, and it is obvious that it has huge potential. I am enjoying it so far because of the new stuff. Many new animations and it looks sometimes really good. The presentation is fantastic as always and the graphics look good. Pitch is amazing but it needs more shades of yellow and green. The pace is ok for me now. Seems slow and good. I like that sprint must be used smartly. If you sprint too much there is a chance that you can't stop before the goal outline. Love it. Also, goalnet physics is probably the best ever created but I think it's a little bit too much white.
Some great GK animations and then they can't save easy one shoots. I like that both I and CPU had some bad passes.

And then the bad things. It is really annoying over years to see that ugly icing. Also, I really hate player movement sometimes when it feels like no physics and inertia at all. And that ball sticks to the foot so easily. I don't know how long will I play long because of that stuff.
You guys already said a lot about AI.

Also, shoot power seems to be less powerful now. Sometimes seem too weak.

Set pieces, corners, and penalties are great again. Love it.

Last edited:
Played one game World class similar sliders to fifa 22 . Loved it. Its a heavier , more refined version of fifa 22. Played great in my opinion. First game finished 2-2. But then after reading a little of the beta and still playing 22 up until yesterday I had a feeling I would . Peace

Set pieces, corners, and penalties are great again. Love it.
To be fair, I did really like the changes to set pieces - especially corners. They make much more sense than the "indicator" set pieces IMO (as in, it makes more sense to me why the ball ends up where it ends up).

Watch clips of any older FIFA game, and it's genuinely astonishing to see how much worse 23 is than all of them. (If you want the game to play out like a football match.)

It's not an exaggeration. Just look at the defensive positioning, look at the user having to unlock the midfield/defence to score, look at the general movement.

Whether it's old-gen FIFA 14...

Next-gen FIFA 14...

FIFA 16...

FIFA 17...

I could go on.

When you compare that to this (which honestly is a constant, even on the hardest difficulty - unless you flick "competitor mode" on and turn every player on the pitch into Prime Neymar)...

... it's just so blatant. And sad.

Oh that van Persie cracker! 😍

Would I be mad to say the Fifa it reminds me of most is the World Cup 2010 game?
A crime has been committed with this post.

get-out-leave.gif

Like clockwork every September, I'm testing the game with the 10 hour trial. PS4 version (will try PS5 tomorrow).

It's OK and fun, like every year, until the patches come and tweak the gameplay.

Did they fix the default grass color this year on old-gen? Because it looks more vivid, similar to FIFA 19 and 20. Placebo?

Downloaded the trial. The AI lets you run past its defenders, and when the AI attacks every shot is a goal. Turned the game off after two games. I will wait for the day 1 patch before I try again.

Seems that the old gen version is superior in the gameplay aspect haha anyone tried it? I know that the old gen version of Fifa 22 didn't have the problems with passive ai defensive last year, which people here pointed out.
I just saw a comment on reddit how the old gen version is so much better than the next gen and the guy cancelled the "nexgen version" preorder. I'm glad cause I'll play it on ps4 again haha

Seems that the old gen version is superior in the gameplay aspect haha anyone tried it? I know that the old gen version of Fifa 22 didn't have the problems with passive ai defensive last year, which people here pointed out.
I just saw a comment on reddit how the old gen version is so much better than the next gen and the guy cancelled the "nexgen version" preorder. I'm glad cause I'll play it on ps4 again haha

Old gen is now stuck at Fifa 21, one of the worst games of all time. I wouldn't take the reddit comment seriously. If it's somehow better than 23 NG, then 23 NG is just a new contender for the title, something that I can't rule out, lol.

Whatever the final verdict, I think I'd rather play any other game than 23 OG or NG.

Last edited:
Old gen is now stuck at Fifa 21, one of the worst games of all time. I wouldn't take it seriously. If it's somehow better than 23 NG, then 23 NG is just a new contender for the title, lol.
Actually many here pointed out the problems last year that the next gen had (with ai falling back, leaving to much space etc.) and old gen didn't so in some areas it seems that oldgen version was better. Now the ai on next gen from what I read here is horrendous and it's too easy which shouldn't be the case on the old gen version, not that bad at least. I enjoyed the ps4 version of fifa 22 from the little time I played, when it came out, but then I didn't play the game up till 3 months ago maybe where I started a Man United career and played for some while then stopped again. Still think I'll buy this though, it's the last fifa, WC is coming etc..

Actually many here pointed out the problems last year that the next gen had (with ai falling back, leaving to much space etc.) and old gen didn't so in some areas it seems that oldgen version was better. Now the ai on next gen from what I read here is horrendous and it's too easy which shouldn't be the case on the old gen version, not that bad at least.

People can say many things but old gen was just Fifa 21 last year and probably still is. EA didn't make a different game for old gen with defending. They just released 21 again with new rosters.

Anyway I'm not saying 23 NG is better or worse then 23 OG. I don't know. But old gen is Fifa 21, and I know that was just as terrible.

So I guess the burning question now is: Is Fifa 23 NG worse then Fifa 21? If true, the gameplay producers deserve an award!

Last edited:
Wow. A couple of quick thoughts....

- This might be even worse than what I played on FIFA 21.
- 22 was no-where near this bad.
- Defenders can't run now either? They already can't position, or tackle...but now they jog for 2 seconds before they start running.
- The fundamentals are worse than I've ever seen them.
- You can play width at like 5 and you can still just pass the ball right through two players.
- There are a few positives, but none have to do with anything that compares to what will make the game good or not, so what's even the point. ARGH.
- EA must be laughing and how little work they have to do now to produce a game. They literally just got away with turning the AI off and for some insane reason there's millions of people who want it like this.

Wow. A couple of quick thoughts....

- This might be even worse than what I played on FIFA 21.

Wow, and I was just debating whether old gen (basically 21) is better or not. So there's merit to that claim after all.

Although obviously I'm not crazy enough to play 21 again. 😅

Wow, and I was just debating whether old gen (basically 21) is better or not. So there's merit to that claim after all.

Although obviously I'm not crazy enough to play 21 again. 😅
I played for 31 minutes and I can safely say they're both in a league of their own in terms of awfulness - and my gut feeling is this may take it as being the worst of all time. It would take a pretty big turnaround in form of a patch - and we know the likelihood of that is very low.

23 feels like it has more old gen defending/spacing than 22 NG did.

Yeah, this is a stinking pile of trash. I’m bored out of my mind - I’m scoring the same type of goal every single time. Pass, pass, go slightly wide through their gaping gaps the cpu leaves in defence - score.

rinse repeat.

EA - this isn’t worth £20, let alone £60.

Back
Top Bottom