FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

I dream of the day EA pulls out a 2k23 that plays as true to football with a career that has the depth of mynba. Unfortunately the latter is next to impossible and that's not EAs fault. The sheer scope of leagues and teams involved means it will never happen.

Saying that making it play as well is not much closer to a real expectation. It's a lot easier to add unique signature play styles for teams and players when you only have 1 league to work with.

Yeah thanks for beta tester to avoid me to buy anything. But i still love PES retro so i'm playing it, i love retrogaming in general.
But the difference here is perhaps i'm not searching like many of you the perfect football game. Perfection exist only mathematics, i know you all mean "perfect for me" but it's impossible.

Just something good to play, enjoyable for... At least until June, and re-playable later.
"Frostbite is the cause ect."is bullshit. Ignite wasn't created neither for Sport relative to football, also pretty limited in physics. Even in the good Fifa 16 (for people) some base of physical law were re-constructed manually and you can feel it. Can explain but i try to reduce post. But weirdly on the PS3 Engine : those missing elements were presents : as the engine was made for Football.

To resume none of the two last engine was made for a foot game, 1st argument vs Frostbite is the cause. But Ignite was more "sliders friendly" for sure, and more a graphical engine including animation than a physical one who managed different situations regarding laws of physics.

Well, Ignite on FIFA 14 is just for animations and graphisms but it's the old engine above, that's why that game is really great to me as i discovered it 2 years ago like something new.

... But what is happening from 19 to 23, it's NOT Frostbite, FIFA 17 physics were OK.... It's non-sense to said it. Frostbite handled more hard maths (again) in terms of laws (physics). Remember than a full package graphisms/physics/animations engine doesn't make everything shining.
Example AI as nothing to do with Frostbite neither. Remove Inertia neither. Fast build, or Goal to goal neither.
Well, talking experience with Fifa 22 was "forced to like it" as the AI was challenging but when i could've turn the player like a fly... First patch to me didn't changed anything : exact same shit, i just opened my eyes after a little deny because of PES full game inexistance since 20 years and it was really, really hard to digest :(

EVERYTHING i mean since FIFA 18 is related to gameplay choice and only gameplay choice, you can turn any game into arcade even with the NASA engine.
It's so obvious, don't try to found a scapegoat "because of the engine".

No. It's just EA chiefs decisions, and it's easier to leave the E-Sport calibrate the game as they want : the game won't sold less. FUT player don't care, he don't play for gameplay and found his interest elsewhere, adrenaline whatever the game is good or bad and nothing else.
Now let's take place to Marvel, and features from popular stuffs, super special mode instead of what happen on the pitch, with their goal to goal 3 vs 3 complete game (as i read "the only complete game of football on the market"/Correction)

Last edited:
With sliders it will be playable.

1404552.jpg

:EASY:

Yeah thanks for beta tester to avoid me to buy anything. But i still love PES retro so i'm playing it, i love retrogaming in general.
But the difference here is perhaps i'm not searching like many of you the perfect football game. Perfection exist only mathematics, i know you all mean "perfect for me" but it's impossible.

Just something good to play, enjoyable for... At least until June, and re-playable later.
"Frostbite is the cause ect."is bullshit. Ignite wasn't created neither for Sport relative to football, also pretty limited in physics. Even in the good Fifa 16 (for people) some base of physical law were re-constructed manually and you can feel it. Can explain but i try to reduce post. But weirdly on the PS3 Engine : those missing elements were presents : as the engine was made for Football.

To resume none of the two last engine was made for a foot game, 1st argument vs Frostbite is the cause. But Ignite was more "sliders friendly" for sure, and more a graphical engine including animation than a physical one who managed different situations regarding laws of physics.

Well, Ignite on FIFA 14 is just for animations and graphisms but it's the old engine above, that's why that game is really great to me as i discovered it 2 years ago like something new.

... But what is happening from 19 to 23, it's NOT Frostbite, FIFA 17 physics were OK.... It's non-sense to said it. Frostbite handled more hard maths (again) in terms of laws (physics). Remember than a full package graphisms/physics/animations engine doesn't make everything shining.
Example AI as nothing to do with Frostbite neither. Remove Inertia neither. Fast build, or Goal to goal neither.
Well, talking experience with Fifa 22 was "forced to like it" as the AI was challenging but when i could've turn the player like a fly... First patch to me didn't changed anything : exact same shit, i just opened my eyes after a little deny because of PES full game inexistance since 20 years and it was really, really hard to digest :(

EVERYTHING i mean since FIFA 18 is related to gameplay choice and only gameplay choice, you can turn any game into arcade even with the NASA engine.

No. It's just EA chiefs decisions, and it's easier to leave the E-Sport calibrate the game as they want : the game won't sold less. FUT player don't care, he don't play for gameplay and found his interest elsewhere, adrenaline whatever the game is good or bad and nothing else.
Now let's take place to Marvel, and features from popular stuffs, super special mode instead of what happen on the pitch, with their goal to goal 3 vs 3 complete game (as i read "the only complete game of football on the market"/Correction)
You make some excellent points. I think I exaggerated when I said “I have been looking for the perfect football game.”

What I actually meant to say is that I want a football game which resembles the actual sport and not this cartoon version we get nowadays.

In the past, we would at least have PES to fall back on. FIFA 18 was terrible so I played PES 2018 instead, which was pretty good at the time.

Now, we have one option. Or we can play PES 2021 with mods, which I’ve tried but that game just doesn’t scratch the itch for me.

I miss having options. Two football games arriving around the same time, there was usually one to enjoy. Now it’s just FIFA on Frostbite :(

How does the NZ trick work on PS5 ? Di.i need an account and then sign up for ea play or will it recognise my English ea play subscription I already have

No need for NZ. Just search for Fifa 23. Had one game and cant say too much other than some weird ball physics, especially on shots.

edit: Oh and I beat the CPU 6:0 on Pro. Normally this gives me some sort of challenge but it was very easy.

Downloading the EA Play trial now on Series X.

All you need to do is go to MS Store - search for FIFA 23 - go to Ultimate Edition - Select EA Play trial.

You don’t need to change location to NZ.

Edit: @DaWolf beat me to it :)

maybe for you problems only started with 19

but for me the problems started at 17, right when frostbite was introduced. it's not a coincidence.

it's been 6 years and they still havent figured out how to let you super cancel out of receiving air balls. Something you could do in 14-16

There's also the fact that frostbite takes a long time to develop on due to it's proccesses (i've read this from developers over the years). so even if the engine is theoretically capable of utilising certain features and mechanics, it's speed can cause practical limitations on what can be achieved.

sorry I just dont think dismissing frostbite as a cause for many problems in fifa is accurate

No need for NZ. Just search for Fifa 23. Had one game and cant say too much other than some weird ball physics, especially on shots.

edit: Oh and I beat the CPU 6:0 on Pro. Normally this gives me some sort of challenge but it was very easy.
Yeah I slaughtered the COM too, It felt way to easy.

The goalkeepers still do this thing where they seem to tuck their arms and legs in when a shot is cleary reachable, it's like when you let a little child score and pretend you can't save it when you obviously could.

The goalkeepers still do this thing where they seem to tuck their arms and legs in when a shot is cleary reachable, it's like when you let a little child score and pretend you can't save it when you obviously could.
What difficulty level?

maybe for you problems only started with 19

but for me the problems started at 17, right when frostbite was introduced. it's not a coincidence.

it's been 6 years and they still havent figured out how to let you super cancel out of receiving air balls. Something you could do in 14-16

There's also the fact that frostbite takes a long time to develop on due to it's proccesses (i've read this from developers over the years). so even if the engine is theoretically capable of utilising certain features and mechanics, it's speed can cause practical limitations on what can be achieved.

sorry I just dont think dismissing frostbite as a cause for many problems in fifa is accurate
I started with the 08, and brought every version except the 21.
That's what i say : gameplay choice is to me only reason why Fifa is like it is right now. It could have been good with Frostbite. To me it's never have been the issue. Super Cancel is more a gameplay choice, What it could have to do with Frostbite? Perhaps it's just they didn't worked on it, simply didn't carried about that part.

Now, i talk about Frostbite on the 17 on my post, there were natural inertia, physicality and difference of speed regarding players motions from different angles. But also that the engine seems less Sliders friendly than Ignite.

Last edited:
Professional.

I moved up to Legendary and it still feels to easy to get through on goal because of course every other defender in your direct path steps aside like Peter Parker does to let the robber escape on his way to shoot Uncle Ben.
Quoting you cos it's your video, Marlon (and you've confirmed on Twitter it's on Legendary fucking difficulty).

The state of this. It's so depressing. Heartbreaking.

I'm not even downloading the trial version. The beta was hard enough to experience.

are these on normal game speed? becouse it's fast and have a lot of frantic movements.

edit: OM vs OL game looks nice. Probably best players in the game only do these superhuman moves
All matches played on slow.
The speed was nice and equal on the all the matches, no frantic speed. Maybe a problem on Youtube encodage. I didn't see my videos, only uploaded.

Fifa 22 was quite hard in both Legendery and the level below (in french it's called "Champion") is that what you call "Top Class" just for info? Because i played with and it was quite hard, every patches.

Well, against big teams on Champions League too. And hard was more because it was a pain to defend vs CPU with their E-Sports system. Ended 4-4 or 3-2 or 3-5 etc. but the CPU was upper aggressive, challenging. That's why i played at first, for the challenge. If there's no more challenge...
Whatever i don't even want to try so buy that game... I'm just curious as it's a new version

You're playing now on PS5?

Back
Top Bottom