FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Jesus Christ.

Ridiculous, disgusting dribbling, and braindead, traffic-cone AI. What a combination. How can anyone like this?

The midfielder who pretends to follow the ball-carrier and then just STOPS MOVING like his batteries have run out... It's absolutely shocking.

(Before anyone says "difficulty level", like they did when we all noticed this issue LONG AGO in the trailers, he plays on Legendary as he says in the previous tweets I've posted.)
That is 1v1. The second the CB takes over marking is the exact moment the midfielder stops tracking. Once you see it once you see it all of the pitch. You can almost see the imaginary line linking 1 attacker with 1 defender.

I want to put two examples of a game with or without sliders
Munich Vs Bayer 04 and Chelsea Vs Liverpool

* Without sliders

Bayern Vs Leverkusen
bayern Vs Bayer 04 sans sliders.jpg
bayern Vs Bayer 04 sans sliders bis.jpg

With sliders :

bayern Vs Bayer 04 avec sliders.jpg

bayern Vs Bayer 04 avec sliders bis.jpg

Chelsea - Liverpool

* without sliders :
Chelsea Vs Liverpool sans sliders.jpg

Chelsea Vs Liverpool sans sliders bis.jpg

* with sliders :
Chelsea Vs Liverpool avec sliders.jpg

Chelsea Vs Liverpool avec sliders bis.jpg

You just can't play without sliders! The gap is huge this year

Last edited:
I want to put two examples of a game with or without sliders
Munich Vs Bayer 04 and Chelsea Vs Liverpool

* Without sliders

Bayern Vs Leverkusen
View attachment 179382
View attachment 179383

With sliders :

View attachment 179385

Chelsea - Liverpool

* without sliders :
View attachment 179386

View attachment 179387

* with sliders :
View attachment 179388

View attachment 179389

I agree sliders will help, and I’ll definitely be trying to find some fixes as well, but man if the fundamentals are properly broken (like they appear to be) then sliders can only do so much. Even access to the actual gameplay files can only do so much when it comes to 1v1.

I agree sliders will help, and I’ll definitely be trying to find some fixes as well, but man if the fundamentals are properly broken (like they appear to be) then sliders can only do so much. Even access to the actual gameplay files can only do so much when it comes to 1v1.
Yes they have to fix the core game. I only try to have a playable game but it's very hard this year.

With sliders :

* without sliders :
View attachment 179386

* with sliders :
View attachment 179388

6.8 xG / 25 shots / 8 goals without sliders VS 7.1 xG / 25 shots / 1 goal with sliders. For reference it's very rare to have an xG above 3 for real 90 min matches.

What's obvious is that this game is not football and can never be football even with sliders because there's no slider that can bring back team defending. It's still a glorified shooting contest, but you can make them miss most shots.

But, it's good to know that shot error is one of the few sliders still working, and if you care about the scorelines and don't care that the game plays nothing like football, it's ok with sliders I guess.

Last edited:
6.8 xG / 25 shots / 8 goals without sliders VS 7.1 xG / 25 shots / 1 goal with sliders. For reference it's very rare to have an xG above 3 for real 90 min matches.

What's obvious is that this game is not football and can never be football even with sliders because there's no slider that can bring back team defending. It's still a glorified shooting contest, but you can make them miss most shots.

But, if you care about the scorelines and don't care that the game plays nothing like football, it's ok with sliders I guess.
I post only two examples, with or without sliders. I have many matchs with 0-0 and 6 vs 7 shoots. I haven't the time to post all.
Of course 25 shoots is very high, i have a match with 36 shoots but with sliders it's rare, not at all on vanilla.
I made my sliders only after analysed the statistics. It's not 100% good , and a big team like Liverpool is hard to defend.

I post only two examples, with or without sliders. I have many matchs with 0-0 and 6 vs 7 shoots. I haven't the time to post all.
Of course 25 shoots is very high, i have a match with 36 shoots but with sliders it's rare, not at all on vanilla.
I made my sliders only after analysed the statistics. It's not 100% good , and a big team like Liverpool is hard to defend.

I don't doubt you. I'm sure you can get 0-0s and even low shot count games. My only point is that numbers don't matter if it doesn't play like football - for me at least. There's just no team defending.

Getting the numbers to look realistic and the game to play realistically are 2 completely different things.

Last edited:
I don't doubt you. I'm sure you can get 0-0s and even low shot count games. My only point is that numbers don't matter if it doesn't play like football - for me at least. There's just no team defending.
This is where I am. I actually found some good fifa 22 sliders on YouTube which kept scores of the games low. I was getting results like 1-1 and 0-0 consistently in Legendary difficulty.

However, the gameplay was still bad. It just doesn’t resemble football at all. There’s never any midfield battles. All of the action is around my penalty area or the CPU penalty area as it’s so easy to get there in one or two passes.

EA don’t want or need to release a realistic football game because their generic frantic BS sells like hot cakes.

Getting the numbers to look realistic and the game to play realistically are 2 completely different things.
Every year since FIFA 17, we have the same conversation. We all know FIFA is not for us anymore. With sliders, we take the place of the producters to more balanced the game.

Like you I search realism, but year after year, EA makes the game more arcadish with frantic skills and others shity things. I want to play a career with United or Marseille.

When i played a nice game I share with the community the video and settings.

I like to defend manually, so the lack of defending, the 1 vs 1 that a lot of people complain is ok but i understand that is a big problem . I prefer having a quick manual switching than CPU helps me.

But yes, we need to have the choice to having help on défend/midfield or not.

Every year since FIFA 17, we have the same conversation. We all know FIFA is not for us anymore. With sliders, we take the place of the producters to more balanced the game.

Like you I search realism, but year after year, EA makes the game more arcadish with frantic skills and others shity things. I want to play a career with United or Marseille.

When i played a nice game I share with the community the video and settings.

I like to defend manually, so the lack of defending, the 1 vs 1 that a lot of people complain is ok but i understand that is a big problem . I prefer having a quick manual switching than CPU helps me.

But yes, we need to have the choice to having help on défend/midfield or not.
I understand what you’re saying, I do. I know you’re just trying to make the best of a bad situation. I’m the same, I like to try and fix as much as possible to get the game to a place where I’m happier. At the same time though, the fundamentals being broken isn't always something we can fix - and I know through endless hours of trying (and I'll keep trying). When you say the 1v1 isn't too much of an issue for you though...that's literally the reason that the midfielders/defenders aren't helping out. It's not a marking setting, it's a fundamental core element of the game that overrides every slider setting. Plus, even if you have a technique which offsets the frustration for your team, what accounts for the CPU defending the exact same way?

For me, it's going to come down to exactly just how broken the fundamentals are. From what I've seen they're on FIFA 21's level of bad at the moment - and that's all time bad. If the fundamentals are improved from 22 NG by 20% or so, then we may have a base we can work from with sliders/mods etc. Ultimately that's the key question for me with 23.

Live retail version in french
I can't deny, there are some moments where this game looks absolutely fantastic, the pitch wear, the hair and net physics, the individual animations when players aren't skating or teleporting into said animations.

Also it's refreshing to see someone try different camera angles other than the default zoomed out one, I think it makes the game look a lot different when it's a bit closer to the action.

I'm looking forward to trying this as I enjoyed FIFA 22 and at least I can play this damn game the way I want to play, watching these idiots zig-zag with their players like their constantly wiggling the analogue stick is a real turn off.

Last edited:
I can't deny, there are some moments where this game looks absolutely fantastic, the pitch wear, the hair and net physics, the individual animations when players and skating or teleporting into said animations.

Also it's refreshing to see someone try different camera angles other than the default zoomed out one, I think it makes the game look a lot different when it's a bit closer to the action.

I'm looking forward to trying this as I enjoyed FIFA 22 and at least I can play this damn game the way I want to play, watching these idiots zig-zag with their players like their constantly wiggling the analogue stick is a real turn off.
I play custom broadcast with max zoom. I agree I approach the game naturally as like watching a game not trying to find exploits. Also have my own sliders and make tactical adjustments to my team which makes a world of difference. The default tactic on most teams is bomb forward leaving massive gaps for the counter

I understand what you’re saying, I do. I know you’re just trying to make the best of a bad situation. I’m the same, I like to try and fix as much as possible to get the game to a place where I’m happier. At the same time though, the fundamentals being broken isn't always something we can fix - and I know through endless hours of trying (and I'll keep trying). When you say the 1v1 isn't too much of an issue for you though...that's literally the reason that the midfielders/defenders aren't helping out. It's not a marking setting, it's a fundamental core element of the game that overrides every slider setting. Plus, even if you have a technique which offsets the frustration for your team, what accounts for the CPU defending the exact same way?

For me, it's going to come down to exactly just how broken the fundamentals are. From what I've seen they're on FIFA 21's level of bad at the moment - and that's all time bad. If the fundamentals are improved from 22 NG by 20% or so, then we may have a base we can work from with sliders/mods etc. Ultimately that's the key question for me with 23.
Yes the fondamentals of the game are broken since FIFA 20. The midfields really didn't give a shity and don't track back. So during the first COVID epidemy breakdown, i try to fix it but i can't so i manage to make some quick switching with my defenders and midfields. It a damned breaking core fondamental of football who forced me to be good in defence.

It's for this reason I have no problem to play with a broken midfields/defence. This shit is here since FIFA 20 and was worst of FIFA 21 NG, a bit better in 22, but it's a nightmare in FIFA 23.

Wait tomorrow to see if sliders can help to a bit. This year brings another issue : frenetic shooting

I couldn't resist. I got ultimate edition for Series S via Turkey store (it says its available tomorrow 11:00 probably in Turkey). And its cheapest way. It cost me about 51e.

So i will wait tommorow to get back frok work.

I really hope they fixed resolution for Series S..

I can't deny, there are some moments where this game looks absolutely fantastic, the pitch wear, the hair and net physics, the individual animations when players and skating or teleporting into said animations.

EA would be wise to remove zoomed-in camera angles and slow motion replays. Neither are kind to the game. Gloss over the removal by putting the Renford Rejects in the game or some other nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom