FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Oh I agree. I’d take an unlicensed game with a good edit mode & stadium creator with proper sim gameplay. The only thing that is an issue is that they’ll have to sell enough to make it worthwhile to even produce. Licenses are definitely prohibitive of that unfortunately.
And that is why I think the only way to go is a game made by some small indie studio that does not expect huge profit anyways.
Take all the 'small' games like Kingdom Come Deliverance, or even Green Hell.
Green Hell sold 5M copies across all platforms and they are delighted with it.
And Green Hell is one of many survival games on the market.
I dont think that selling 5M copies for a sim football game that has literally zero competition would be a problem.
They dont need any licenses.
I wouldnt even care if they had real players or not.
Give me full edit mode, make stadium creator that can be also accessed online, so you can download other people creations (like that tennis game) - and just put a lot of love into fundamentals - ball physics and AI. And I could bet you that game like this would be huge success in its humble expectations.

Ok, one Offtopic by me. I wouldn't say that kill the contest is something good for us. Even in 2Ks vs NBA Live, as someone said "it takes two to tango". It was both 2K crazy work in the 2000-2010 period, and the corruption that the feeling of monopoly created to EA, as they eliminated most of their contest that decade.

I mean, EA like with FIFA today, was developing almost the same game, same core since 2003. It needed a lot good 2K versions, and the NBA 2011 Elite, meme-game, with the well known "Jesus Bynum" Crucifiction Glitch , to "kill" the contest. And even that, was more a decision of EA, as they looked humiliated in reviews, like KONAMI was with the early eFootball release. It wasn't only one way, to shut down the game.

But after that, the monopoly also hurted the NBA 2K, as sitting alone in their throne, they did a lot mistakes and back and forth οver the years. If they had some pressure by another serious competitor, i am sure they would be more carefull. Of coure shite happens and can happen always, when you are working on something, but when you are alone, without any press, you become more arrogant. They still delivered AAA titles, but not with the crazy development/improvement, that their previous revolutionary titles had, in the end of 00's.

Now as for the football gaming scene, i would not like, neither the EA FIFA, nor the KONAMI eFootball to die, but just to have a "third pole", to re-balance things a little. By now, even this duopoly, seems to be comfortable for both companies; EA takes the most of the online addicted pie due to FuT, KONAMI compromise with the leftovers of FuT crowd, plus the mobile crowd, plus some lot old PES loyal fans and both are "happy" .

If 2K comes in football games, and can deliver an A+ title, it would force the other two, to revise their gameplay and content (and vice-versa) respectivelly.

I strongly believe that there is space for 3 serious competitors, and that a strong franchise can only die, when the developers decide to pull the plug off, like in NBA Live case. Even in NBA Live, if EA wanted, they could still publish it , and just sell less copies and have less mircotransactions profit.

And that is why I think the only way to go is a game made by some small indie studio that does not expect huge profit anyways.
Take all the 'small' games like Kingdom Come Deliverance, or even Green Hell.
Green Hell sold 5M copies across all platforms and they are delighted with it.
And Green Hell is one of many survival games on the market.
I dont think that selling 5M copies for a sim football game that has literally zero competition would be a problem.
They dont need any licenses.
I wouldnt even care if they had real players or not.
Give me full edit mode, make stadium creator that can be also accessed online, so you can download other people creations (like that tennis game) - and just put a lot of love into fundamentals - ball physics and AI. And I could bet you that game like this would be huge success in its humble expectations.
is hell let loose still being played?! Another sim software with great reception. They tried, they struggled but they delivered!

As Fifa put their experience behind when you see their PS3 versions in comparison and how totally different it is right now, it's not impossible than like @Emroth say that another company restart from zero and build something solid. Not at the first try of course, like the 2K example, but it's doable with the AO Tennis system with players you can download : they could do same with teams and a big edit mode.

When i see football manager vanilla before and after, even if it's a PC game, i think it's doable for console too.
But they really need a cohesive website which permit to upload stuffs. Even full option files.

O.T. (well it's linked)
And i'm also tired of their Weekly update or Live update : just 4 to 6 and it's enough. You can't even build a strategy.

All those young who are just on the reserves bench added with random stats, and will never play. They're in for a week then out for the rest of their life. They they're going on Free agent and never disappears (in PES it was the case, in Fifa they reduced a bit the roster but they still added tons of youth in MLS / I know what i'm talking about as i created it on PES 20-21
Football games needs something more concrete, stable and less random in terms of database. There's a tool that was mentionned by i don't know if it's Efootball or Fifa which can analyse the whole pitch, even player motions and height. Just use it FFS! In training for youth, in matchs etc.

I remember the old time when a player didn't played a single match even if he was supposed to be on the bench, he didn't appeared after a DLC or a Fifa Weekly update. Now it's all about the "more, more, more" for the sake of behind "up to date/best database ever". But no. It's not FM. FM can allow to gives random stats at each save for youth : that's the point of the game. But here, you play with and against teams.
Well, i don't considers FM as a football game, more an RPG managing game to be honest, that's not something which could fullfill my empty footie game stomach.

When you don't know something or how someone play because he doesn't play : don't create it, or use some youth scout to give a bit of realism.
They did, just for the sake of youth asking again and again "why don't you added 17 years old Albitro from Tijuana???" etc. like if the guy was a star because he made a bench/reserve in a cup game.

Database is something really important to me. It's fucked up when they add player they don't even know their position or never see their face.
I'm back in old PES 1 to FIFA 14 old days as i edit it : it never happened, no one complained that X player wasn't added after DLC 3.0 or 5th Weekly update.

I can't believe we are less than 10 days away from release and it is this quite on the forum.

I guess everything has already been said.

Sad sad times.
I remember back when PES the first and the second were released, I was at high school. On the release day, I used to skip my school afternoon, go to the shop, take the bus home, scrap that plastic, and put the disk inside my PS2, and play the whole afternoon. My heart was beating so fast from the moment I left the school, until the disk was in...

I can't believe we are less than 10 days away from release and it is this quite on the forum.

Sad sad times.
I remember back when PES the first and the second were released, I was at high school. On the release day, I used to skip my school afternoon, go to the shop, take the bus home, scrap that plastic, and put the disk inside my PS2, and play the whole afternoon. My heart was beating so fast from the moment I left the school, until the disk was in...
Those were the days! Last football game I was really excited to be released was fifa 16, but today I simply can`t play that game anymore. It`s sad that from ps2 days football games go downhill, all seemed very promising about football games in general and we end up in 2022 where we don`t have proper modern football simulation. Yesterday played fifa 18 again WC mode and if can I will swap fifa 22-23 games with that gameplay with new transfers and kits becouse I collect every euro and fifa games. Sadly this years fifa game looks like worst fifa ever released in all areas. Skating, interia, physics, gameplay, you name it. For the first time I think I will skip it and break the tradition I had of buying these titles.

Sad sad times.
Yeah, noticed this as well… and it’s telling, imo.
thx for the quick flashback though! 😍

Sad sad times.
Well the reality is that this FIFA will have a much bigger launch then any PES title ever, Probably more then 5 titles combined.

(Spotted by @Placebo)

Fantastic PR stunt, can't blame them for that. I'm sure it'll bring a lot of joy.

Just can't help but feel like I'm being pushed further and further away from FIFA every year, and this year feels like the end of the road. Nothing like this exists for us (e.g. huge exciting simulation changes - that's more of it, not less, just to clarify). Really feels like the end of an era. But happy days for fans of the show.

2K deal with FIFA (which I mean corrupt organization, not a game) will bring be a little bit of hope.

Maybe, just maybe, in 1-2 years we could have something which looks like football game.

I just saw... That's a serie then, does it worth it?
From what i read, it looks pretty fun. Yes that's a pretty nice marketing move.

I'm fully on Cobra Kai ATM, i recommand quickly that serie / Karate Kid fans or not, it's awesome. Best serie i saw since... I don't know.
Mr Robot is an OVNI so i can't compare. But Johnny Lawrence (ex "bad guy" from the 1st) is awesome, didn't know William Zabka was so good ( and recompensed i think)
O.T. End

2K deal with FIFA (which I mean corrupt organization, not a game) will bring be a little bit of hope.

Maybe, just maybe, in 1-2 years we could have something which looks like football game.
https://www.gamesradar.com/nba-2k-publisher-has-no-plans-to-pick-up-the-fifa-name-after-ea-split/

Just to say... I searched before, nothing new about it.

Edit: except the brand name "FIFA", what open doors you got with that licences, i mean for Leagues?
It's the same to me, you still got to deal with leagues (same for NT and others clubs) for having the licences rights.
No ones needs FIFA to me, except just brought the World Cup licence every 4 years.

Last edited:
https://www.gamesradar.com/nba-2k-publisher-has-no-plans-to-pick-up-the-fifa-name-after-ea-split/

Just to say... I searched before, nothing new about it.

Edit: except the brand name "FIFA", what open doors you got with that licences, i mean for Leagues?
It's the same to me, you still got to deal with leagues (same for NT and others clubs) for having the licences rights.
No ones needs FIFA to me, except just brought the World Cup licence every 4 years.
You are right, but why than (if they dont have other options) FIFA didnt accept whatever EA was willing to offer them.

FIFA is soulless and corrupt organization, they will do anything for money ... its hard for me to understand if they broke up with EA without reserve plan.

I still really enjoy fifa 22 lower league matches , semi controls, default sliders, other than my power bar set at 55 to stop too many interceptions . I play as bolton and the games are great it when you play in Premier league the game goes nuts . If 23 is a little improvement on this I'll enjoy it no doubt

despite all the hate - can't wait for this to release. each and every year this is a perfect means to stay connected to old friends far away via some simple (online matchup) games. i can totally look past the (many) flaws and just enjoy it for what it is.

afc richmond and ted lasso are quite a cool adition. i hate fake teams or coaches i generate myself (lack of creativity) - this should solve that problem to some degree.

I'm maybe the only one who is waiting for FIFA 23. My son will play it on the SteamDeck and me on PS5/Series X.

The new ambiance on the stadiums, a lot of animations, a lot of new starheads, GK reactions (Pro_Too, you will be mad👀), new cinematics, the great pitch, the nets, real coachs ou career mode, snow matches, the WC, i know i will enjoy.

Gameplay is better than FIFA 22.

I know what you thinking, but I will be right here on this place the 27th for some foutage!

Last edited:
Stuff like the Ted Lasso thing wouldn’t really boil my piss if they weren’t still missing the Serie A sides.

I get that licensing is an issue but would it be so hard to allow us to fix these the things with even to the most basic edit features?

Stuff like the Ted Lasso thing wouldn’t really boil my piss if they weren’t still missing the Serie A sides.

I get that licensing is an issue but would it be so hard to allow us to fix these the things with even to the most basic edit features?

Exactly this, there's so many BASIC things that have needed fixing for years and they continue to fill the game with PR and marketing rubbish. Again, we as an audience don't matter anymore and the game is no longer for us.

Even the women's football, to lead with it is insane. Got no problems it being in the game but no one is going to play it and there's so much more to prioritise. Everything is one big, fake lie now, just to make companies make themselves look good. Gone are the days where the gameplay matters.

I'm maybe the only one who is waiting for FIFA 23. My son will play it on the SteamDeck and me on PS5/Series X.

The new ambiance on the stadiums, a lot of animations, a lot of new starheads, GK reactions (Pro_Too, you will be mad👀), new cinematics, the great pitch, the nets, real coachs ou career mode, snow matches, the WC, i know i will enjoy.

Gameplay is better than FIFA 22.

I know what you thinking, but I will be right here on this place the 27th for some foutage!

Nah im pretty excited myself, have put a lot of hours in the past 2 months. Nice slow battles with sliders in career mode and some arcade fest pingpong FUT vs the AI and some decent matches online.
I keep my hopes up reading your posts as if its a bit better than '22 I'll be happy. I know exactly what to expect so Im not too worried about the legacy negatives that have plagued fifa since who knows when

Plus, kinda hard to ignore with WC going on....

Sad sad times.
I was thinking about this the other day but I came to the different conclusion.

Everything is the same more or less, then game itself is probably better as well, what changed is that we where younger, if you know what I mean... :)

Nah im pretty excited myself, have put a lot of hours in the past 2 months. Nice slow battles with sliders in career mode and some arcade fest pingpong FUT vs the AI and some decent matches online.
I keep my hopes up reading your posts as if its a bit better than '22 I'll be happy. I know exactly what to expect so Im not too worried about the legacy negatives that have plagued fifa since who knows when

Plus, kinda hard to ignore with WC going on....
I played 90 matchs on the bêta, and about 600 matchs on FIFA 22.
I can't play FIFA 22 after playing FIFA 23.

Offline : better ball physical, more contacts, nice field, nice cutscenes.
About gameplay : AI made more shots, and vanilla too more shot but with always more variety, effects in the ball, better team mouvements. Headers are harder, GK after moving sliders above 65 made some nice saves.
I play FUMA with a quick change and i can defend to having some realistic scores like 1-0/2-1/0-0.

FIFA 23 is FIFA 22 with better animations, better shooting, better GK and some nice tweaks on gameplay.
So if you hate FIFA 22, you will hâte FIFA 23, the ADN didn't changed a lot.

But if you have fun with FIFA 22 vanilla before the big patch, you will appreciate it.
I will uplaod a lot of videos day one with my sliders, my settings, my strategy.
If you have EA play, you have 10 hours, it's enough to know if you like or hâte it.

I was thinking about this the other day but I came to the different conclusion.

Everything is the same more or less, then game itself is probably better as well, what changed is that we where younger, if you know what I mean... :)

I agree. right now , there is probably is a new generation of high schoolers making these memories , who will probably complain when FIFA 30 includes guns and grenades and they will be us but in 10 years.
I remember those memories of waiting all day to get home to play the games, looking at the back of the box on the way home and playing all nighters....

but games and me changed... Get home from work tired, family time, cook, homework with little one, game is already downloaded in console, dont need to see my friends bc Ill just connect via internet as they live far away/ have their own responsibilities, etc.

About gameplay : AI made more shots, and vanilla too more shot but with always more variety, effects in the ball, better team mouvements. Headers are harder,

I have played way too many matches and cant for the life of me score a fkn header, heck even defending them for me sucks.

I play FUMA with a quick change and i can defend to having some realistic scores like 1-0/2-1/0-0.

FIFA 23 is FIFA 22 with better animations, better shooting, better GK and some nice tweaks on gameplay.
So if you hate FIFA 22, you will hâte FIFA 23, the ADN didn't changed a lot.

But if you have fun with FIFA 22 vanilla before the big patch, you will appreciate it.
I will uplaod a lot of videos day one with my sliders, my settings, my strategy.
If you have EA play, you have 10 hours, it's enough to know if you like or hâte it.

Ive been having fun with it since it released tbh (Didnt try all the patches). Enjoyed it a lot more back in Nov '21 , but its ok now with what it became and I made my peace with it. I have EA play included with Gamepass so Ill def play the 10hrs before buying it.

Back
Top Bottom