FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Thanks mate, i will drop a tear. Poetic cames from the French side, i don't see it like poetic from my point of view, it's completely unconscious lol.

Only one page about language, differences, misunderstood and people from Evo all around the world wasn't something bad, even necessary i would add. Thanks to @Mikhail even if he wasn't aware about how the conversation could turn haha.

Now let's back to FIFA 23 if you got something to say. I found the O.T. relevant about our differences of languages and Evo-International so don't erase it Mods please.

I won't buy it this year even later in discount (didn't say that before). Just talking here as i found their case and change of direction interesting, from a "psychosocial" perspective.

They're proud about their tactical dribbling, and it's not looking human, neither possible foot-ballistically talking. Those moves are something that happens 2 or 3 times max in a game, except on a league with the 1st encountering the 14th. But we will see those super fast moves all the time. And it's coming from a good intention, a good idea, but they transformed it in a "usual" thing. Sad how FIFA as become, even for fun (where's the fun if everything is super easy to do?)

(I applied myself a little bit more about the last part. Hope you're enjoying my new "postbite" engine)

Last edited:
You are Human Vegetable Soup of Languages.. no wonder you are getting confused at times.. ;) :LOL:
There's no shame in using google translate if you are unsure how to write something.
You're doing fine.
I read yesterday that Dalot (Man Utd) speaks Spanish, Portuguese and English so he can communicate with the players around him.

I just use to point and grunt a lot when I played :RANT:

Yeah, i learned more about that actor. Didn't know he was Football fan neither, i learned more about him by curiosity he's a real character IRL.

I do the same more or less so :JAY:
But don't blame us. It's a cry of pain.

My wallet did the same last year with FIFA 22. I forgive him, as it's my best buddy when he's full (so, every 10 years)
First you get all the compliments for your language skills and now, now you are best friends with a wallet!? 😳

this weirdo stuff is not gonna fly here any longer, my bilingual friend!!! :R1 Admins… :COP:

…a wallet... 🤯

1E34ABD8-CF18-4F04-AC81-3511EDF7C4BA.gif

bear hug man, ill stop it now. 😊

First you get all the compliments for your language skills and now, now you are best friends with a wallet!? 😳

this weirdo stuff is not gonna fly here any longer, my bilingual friend!!! :R1 Admins… :COP:

…a wallet... 🤯

View attachment 176837

bear hug man, ill stop it now. 😊

It's more my best ennemy in fact 🙃 When i think all the stuffs i brought for nothing, especially if we still on gaming theme...

Edit: Instead i'm building a PES5 and PES 2008 PS2 option file mixed with a patch. I got Demon's Souls, Jax and Daxter, and tons of PS4 game i didn't finished yet (not even God of War and i'm a fan. Same as Souls/Nioh like games : the only one style i got interest in that era. And some remake / sequel from 16 bits games like Windjammers, Ghouls'n'Ghost Resurrection etc.)

Don't worry i don't take it bad : i'm a weirder melting pot than a Brutality combo from MK Trilogy :geek:

Last edited:
I wasn't offended @Mikhail bro, you did well to ask i will try to found words more appropriated now, when i express myself on the game (not right now on that fast wrote post). When something bother you about a member, asking him why isn't impolite or disrespectful or whatever you may call it.

Just a correction "Than my french" you should say, my first language isn't italian. No prob i understand you've readed in diagonal as it's a long discussion and... Boring to read and i'm making long post too... For some personnal reason but well (got hard to synthesize and resume. Even in my french)

@saturator , from what i've read, is french too. Using accent and french words. Am i right mate ;)

@Emroth i use another better translator it when there's a term or expression i don't have a clue where to translate in english. But sometimes... There's no such expression like this. It's hard to be understood then.
But i don't think it's needed for every post (like that one). I admit it's was a bit frustrating when i couldn't explain exactly, and clearly, something that bother me or a bit "technical", but i deal with it and care less now. I just try, and some post are sent like a Whatsapp message.

Thanks guys for your support and saying that i'm doing well enough Emroth, not my best but it's a forum, sometimes you just want to say what you think or feel without having smoke getting out of your brain and explaining like a scientist...

We're talking about it like if it was important and my home burned or something like that lol.
Hi mates.
Yes, I'm french from Paris. My English is sometimes really bad but I do my best. French people are usually suck in English.
No google translate for me too.
There are accents only when i'm using my phone.

Hi mates.
Yes, I'm french from Paris. My English is sometimes really bad but I do my best. French people are usually suck in English.
No google translate for me too.
There are accents only when i'm using my phone.
D99DA41D-A818-4D32-9039-3CA2C80D0A0B.jpeg
could not resist, my friend. 😂
imagine my face looking like Wills when I wrote this. 😊

Last edited:
Is this a later build
The fact that it's taken on a mobile phone and zoomed in (to avoid the watermark with the user's gamertag on it) says to me it's the beta. As does the fact that the defenders do absolutely nothing.

As does the ball being the Ligue 1 ball despite the teams being EPL teams (because without manually selecting the ball in the beta, you'd usually get the fake EA ball by default, so he's obviously just chosen his favourite non-fake ball).

EDIT: Actually, the watermark appears around the 55 second mark. Definitely the beta.

Looks lovely when you isolate a ton of clips and merge them together. When you see an entire match that finishes 9-7, not so much.

Last edited:
I played the beta and this looks much better
I played the beta and it looks exactly like that. I love playing with the snow🤩.

I prefer watching my FIFA 23 movies than playing FIFA 22. The grass looks really ugly in the past FIFA right now.

FIFA 23 beta is harder than FIFA 22. So much little things are improved in FIFA 23. More animations, more feeling.

Skating is still there, I can't lie, but yes I want to play the retail game. If you hate FIFA 22 before the second patch who killed Hypermotion, i think you will hate FIFA 23. It 's a FIFA 22 befor the patch with more interactions, more physical playing, better visuals, more reactive gameplay.

As usual, and I know you didn't like that, but i only speak about the game with my own sliders.

Vanilla one is too arcadish, too speed, to be appreciated by fans of realism. So much things are not well balanced, you have tennis scores. My first matchs were really bad. GK didn't give a shit about the ball, they reacted with 1 second too late. But pushing sliders to 65/65, Allison, Lloris, Ederson were really good.
Final scores were 0-1/1-1/2-1/0-0 not 4-5/6-3 or 2-11.

But when you can slowdown, yes, the game is great. You see things you didn't see in FIFA 22. Manu new animations of controls. Even if a team played Tiki taka, they control a little thé ball. On FIFA 22, sometime the ball goes back at a sonic speed without any touche. Insane.

You can't play FIFA 22 after playing 90 matchs on FIFA 23 beta.

As usual, i will post videos the 27th of september to prouve it, I can't do that with the beta.

Last edited:
The main reason it looks better is that a lot of it is in slow motion.

There was a similar video posted last year making 22 look like the best thing ever. It's smart editing & cherry picking specific moments. You can make a crap game look good & a good game look crap if you want.

But it's depressing in a way, it makes the game look better than any official trailer by showing some cool details that are actually in the game and makes you think what we could have if they decided to make a football game.

If this game is now 10% football & 90% a fantasy sport, that was a video editing out the 90%, it's still the same game we've all seen & some of you played.

I’ve been playing the World Cup mode on FIFA 14 console/Ignite version lately and it’s a really great game. I forgot how good it was actually. It made me think, is this the first time a World Cup has come around and we’re going to be still stuck on the same engine as the previous World Cup? Bla.

I’ve been playing the World Cup mode on FIFA 14 console/Ignite version lately and it’s a really great game. I forgot how good it was actually. It made me think, is this the first time a World Cup has come around and we’re going to be still stuck on the same engine as the previous World Cup? Bla.

No need of a new engine, we get a hypermotion upgrade one yearly base now.

It's off the topic but damned NBA 2K23 on nextgen is incredible.
I played since the first on Dreamcast.

The Jordan challenge is wow, better than 2K11.
On the differents eras, the gameplay changes. Slower and more tactical in 80,90.
In 2000', the gameplay speed increase but animations are amazing, with more contacts. Light reflections🤪

You can made a simulation with fun, realism, totale immersion for everyone.

I'm in love with this game. Attack and defenses are perfects! It's the good mix.

I want that for FIFA. A Zidane challenge with Bordeaux, french national team, Champion League, the World cup. I know it's a bad dreams!

Last edited:
I hope we will be pleasantly surpised with the FIFA 23 Release Version.
You will not be. It will take more than another month's worth of polish to change the whole philosophy of the game, and that will likely never happen anyway. Please don't expect the release version to be more sim-based out of the blue, for no reason at all.

Just clicked through some reviews. Man, they really went sim mode this year. 👌
Oh yes. 2K22 was very bad.
2K23 Vanilla game is perfect. Everything you see on the pitch smells basketball. I can't stop playing.

Wow. 2K are the Kings of sport games. Top Spin 4, 2K11 and now 2K23. My kinds looked at me when i scores a buzzer beater with James.
When MJ became a all star I was a teenager. I watched the all star game until 5 PM with my wake up at 6! So much nostalgy I'm happy mates. It's a game for old gamers!

I want they bought FIFA licence to make a banger footy game 🤩

You will not be. It will take more than another month's worth of polish to change the whole philosophy of the game, and that will likely never happen anyway. Please don't expect the release version to be more sim-based out of the blue, for no reason at all.
You're right Chris. FIFA 23 beta was better than FIFA 22 beta. If vanilla is good, i will unplugged my Series X👀. I can't do this with my PS5, because God of War is coming ! I bought NBA 2K23 on PS5🤩

is there anyone who enjoyed FIFA 22 not buying 23 after the beta? After going back to 22 i still enjoy it but mainly away from premier league matches

is there anyone who enjoyed FIFA 22 not buying 23 after the beta? After going back to 22 i still enjoy it but mainly away from premier league matches
I preordered.
I didn't like the 22 beta, not even the full game at first, but, in time, with sliders, it's absolutely enjoyable. Even the online friendlies on full manual are a blast for me.
There are many things in the 23 beta that I liked, and the things I didn't were mainly the same as in 22 beta.
I probably enjoy the suffering.

Back
Top Bottom