FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Sorry it's off topic from the video, but right there on 36 seconds is the problem where the attackers are dictating the defensive line with their runs. The defenders need to hold their position - it doesn't need to create a gap just because the striker wants to run!!
And those slomo shots of the dribbling are even worse. Gosh, the sliding is there as ever and I think they were must hoping hypermotion2.0 would cover that better. It doesn’t!!
So happy I already have a game to enjoy.

I'm not a basketball expert by any means but from what I can tell, NBA 2K is a sim heavy game (or at least it used to be) and other than the usual MTX bullshit everyone incorporates in their games nowadays, gameplay wise it looks like it still keeps it's integrity as a realistic basketball game.

Which if i'm correct and we need a basketball game expert here to corroborate - NBA2K being a sim and being a popular, best selling game of 2K, proves that people DO want simulation sports games and WILL pay money for them, enjoy them and SPEND MORE money on their cancer card game too.

People grew up loving simulation PES & FIFA, they sold like crazy, fans adored them and no one ever said "hey, these games need to be less realistic and less challenging!"

That's just some bullshit marketing psychology to manipulate people who aren't very good at games or people who aren't serious football fans to try the game, get addicted because they feel like their participating and are scoring goals when they game is making it easy for them and spend more money and BECOME fans (aka, customers).
NBA 2K is made by basketball minds who want to make a sim game. That said it has the same problem with "Parc online gamers" which are the ones bringing in the money so that many changes are made to the gameplay for these players which sim gamers hate. Last year there was a patch which removed a defensive AI behavior beacuse online gamers were comlaining that it took away their control. What the devs are trying to do is implement those things as options to turn on and off so that both partys are satisfied which is the way to go in my opinion.

Me personally I really hate that in FIFA the AI goalkeepers do not close down on 1vs1´s agressively (like in old PES games) which I guess is because of online gamers who want the control. So why not just implement an option in the menus to toggle if you want you goalkeeper to stay on the line so that you manually contol him rushing out and on option (which is used by the AI) that he agressively rushes out.

NBA 2K is made by basketball minds who want to make a sim game. That said it has the same problem with "Parc online gamers" which are the ones bringing in the money so that many changes are made to the gameplay for these players which sim gamers hate. Last year there was a patch which removed a defensive AI behavior beacuse online gamers were comlaining that it took away their control. What the devs are trying to do is implement those things as options to turn on and off so that both partys are satisfied which is the way to go in my opinion.

Me personally I really hate that in FIFA the AI goalkeepers do not close down on 1vs1´s agressively (like in old PES games) which I guess is because of online gamers who want the control. So why not just implement an option in the menus to toggle if you want you goalkeeper to stay on the line so that you manually contol him rushing out and on option (which is used by the AI) that he agressively rushes out.
Toggles are the only thing that can really save us at this point!!

I could forgive so much more if they just got the basics of positioning and behaviour right.

Have you tried setting your keepers instruction to sweeper keeper in tactics, might help

Have you tried setting your keepers instruction to sweeper keeper in tactics, might help

My problem is with the AI keepers from the CPU opponent which I cant change (or just with editing I guess). It just takes away the thrill of scoring if you have all the time in the world to make a decision.

That's too slow. They should have technical dribbling, agile technical dribbling, timed technical dribbling (ignores dribbling stats if you're good at timing button presses), finesse technical dribbling, timed agile technical dribbling & more variants.

Just not enough competitive edge to it. :P

Last edited:
yeah, it's so bad. I compared Fifa 22 XSS with Fifa 15 and, Fifa 15 has much better graphics. How can we accept that?
We already did, for several years. 🤷‍♂️
but I promise, I even swear, from October 2022 onwards, i will never ever buy an EA Sports FIFA title again!! 🤞

Last edited:
In real speed it's absurd, vomiting like on a car going too fast just by watching.
Even if the intention of that "feature" is good. Slowdown you see all sliding teleportations... It's too much.

And they're proud of it.
Canada is a gigant country with very few people, but they're really lost.
It's based on we can see (not like that) those dribble in football so they at least watch games or "best of".
Best. Of. Not 15 times every fucking game.
You seem like a lovely person and please don’t take offence but your daily essays give me a migraine.

Are you putting your posts through Google Translate? (Genuine question, it seems like your Italian is getting lost in translation a lot of the time).

You seem like a lovely person and please don’t take offence but your daily essays give me a migraine.

Are you putting your posts through Google Translate? (Genuine question, it seems like your Italian is getting lost in translation a lot of the time).

No my english is just not good enough, i don't use a translator except some words. "Sorry for my english etc." was my signature.
I use french (as it's my language, that's why there's more latin than german derivated words. I know my grammar isn't not good enough when i re-read myself don't worry i'm aware of it.

And i don't want to check again and again every time i post. Yes that post you quoted got one or two words missing, i would've did the same in every language as i erased/rewrite a lot.

Even with it : i can't be 100% sure if my sentences are very "english-speaking". I could've made my post a bit more "light" (one word for two), but even in french, i ain't good too resume when i wrote lol.

I can't be sorry for not being a native english speaker. For that (kindly) deal with it.
I try, and in others threads there's not too much issues with the others guys just some kind remarks.

Last edited:
No my english is just not good enough, i don't use a translator except some words. "Sorry for my english etc." was my signature.
I use french (as it's my language, that's why there's more latin than german derivated words. I know my grammar isn't not good enough when i re-read myself don't worry i'm aware of it.

And i don't want to check again and again every time i post. Yes that post you quoted got one or two words missing, i would've did the same in every language as i erased/rewrite a lot.

Even with it : i can't be 100% sure if my sentences are very "english-speaking". I could've made my post a bit more "light" (one word for two), but even in french, i ain't good too resume when i wrote lol.

I can't be sorry for not being a native english speaker. For that (kindly) deal with it.
I try, and in others threads there's not too much issues with the others guys just some kind remarks.
I had my small problems reading some of sentences in the past too. These days, it’s a signature thing for me. 🤷‍♂️ I get the context and can overlook some gramma flaws.
I am not a native English speaker , so I got my own problems. 😊

Still, in my head, you are Italian! 😂

Have a good day, Vialli! 👋

I'm italian from blood but i speak french, i understand italian as my parents are...

But i'm from Belgium! The french part of course ;) And i talk french 😅 Italian is just my origins, like many people where i live.

Italian is pretty lookalike in words only, not in the way sentences are made (to me completely different, italian is much closer/relative to spanish, more "latino")
French is an anomaly in this world lol, there's so much words and times for nothing, and words that doesn't make sense, just for the sake of being more complicated. Example : "quatre-vingt" for "eighty" > Litterally translated as "four-twenty" or "four*twenty" lol

Edit: English is a german based language so you should have less problem than me lol

Sorry for the O.T. through, thanks!

Last edited:
I'm italian from blood but i speak french, i understand italian as my parents are...

But i'm from Belgium! The french part of course ;) And i talk french 😅 Italian is just my origins, like many people where i live.

Italian is pretty lookalike in words only, not in the way sentences are made (to me completely different, italian is much closer/relative to spanish, more "latino")
French is an anomaly in this world lol, there's so much words and times for nothing, and words that doesn't make sense, just for the sake of being more complicated. Example : "quatre-vingt" for "eighty" > Litterally translated as "four-twenty" or "four*twenty" lol

Edit: English is a german based language so you should have less problem than me lol

Sorry for the O.T. through, thanks!
Oh right, your were the super weird combo! 😂

Your English is far better than my Italian and French, sorry if caused offence mate.

As a side note, us British people are pretty bad at learning languages. I would hazard a guess that not many Brits on here can speak other languages.

(sorry for off topic)

I wasn't offended @Mikhail bro, you did well to ask i will try to found words more appropriated now, when i express myself on the game (not right now on that fast wrote post). When something bother you about a member, asking him why isn't impolite or disrespectful or whatever you may call it.

Just a correction "Than my french" you should say, my first language isn't italian. No prob i understand you've readed in diagonal as it's a long discussion and... Boring to read and i'm making long post too... For some personnal reason but well (got hard to synthesize and resume. Even in my french)

@saturator , from what i've read, is french too. Using accent and french words. Am i right mate ;)

@Emroth i use another better translator it when there's a term or expression i don't have a clue where to translate in english. But sometimes... There's no such expression like this. It's hard to be understood then.
But i don't think it's needed for every post (like that one). I admit it's was a bit frustrating when i couldn't explain exactly, and clearly, something that bother me or a bit "technical", but i deal with it and care less now. I just try, and some post are sent like a Whatsapp message.

Thanks guys for your support and saying that i'm doing well enough Emroth, not my best but it's a forum, sometimes you just want to say what you think or feel without having smoke getting out of your brain and explaining like a scientist...

We're talking about it like if it was important and my home burned or something like that lol.

Last edited:
Don't worry viallia82 Mikhail posts about not playing Fifa again gives everyone a migraine
I do the same more or less so :JAY:
But don't blame us. It's a cry of pain.

My wallet did the same last year with FIFA 22. I forgive him, as it's my best buddy when he's full (so, every 10 years)

Last edited:
I actually find it quite interesting to read @vialli82 's posts, I feel like I can follow his train of thought pretty well!

Maybe it's because Spanish is my first language and I can follow the "romance languages" train of thought, being that vialli knows Italian, speaks French, etc..? Haha but in any case, I enjoy his stream of consciousness posts, there are always entertaining and sometimes get somewhat poetic, like abstract thoughts which are pretty cool. :TU:

Back
Top Bottom