FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

EA is going to have to decrease the spacing of the defense. The beta forum is getting a lot of bad feedback about the defense.

Of course before people are hyped up by this potential change, tweaking the "spacing" & the degree to which secondary press is useless will just position 23 to be somewhat more similar to 22 or 21 or 20. More likely closer to 22 with the main difference between the two now being hypermotion 2.0 v hypermotion 1.0.

What all those games have in common is the complete lack of AI brains on defence or team defending, which is not going to be added. Still braindead but a bit "closer together". Hype! 😅

Last edited:
EA is going to have to decrease the spacing of the defense. The beta forum is getting a lot of bad feedback about the defense.
This is a necessary step, but only one part of many that needs addressing to fix the defensive issues.

I maintain that the 11v11 motion capture did bring something positive in 22 NG, as it helped to block passing lanes contextually in some regards. However, the defenders need to be so much more active and engage 10x more than they do. From what I’ve seen of 23, it looks like they’re engaging significantly less than 22 already, as well as being spaced out.

If you look at 16, you can’t play the ball between the lines anywhere near as easily as you can on the newer games. This isn’t just because the defence is narrow. A big part of this reason is that defenders are engaged in making interceptions. In newer games they aren’t at all. They’re brain dead until it’s their ‘turn’ to defend.

I know a lot of people thought this beta was crap from day one, but fuck me since the update it's not playable for me.WTF are these muppets doing?

The latest work of me and my friend In connection with the design and development of animations in the game industry.
This report deals more with the problems of slipping animations, which is known as «foot planting» in sports games.

My name is «Amin Balazadeh» Journalist and Video game critic at bazicenter

WHY FIFA MOVEMENTS LOOKS UNREAL! (Technical Description)

Looks interesting. I’ll have a look at the video later. Thanks for the effort! 👍

Before the update I was having a go, enjoying it because all there is atm, but shooting is like a dual between Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder and the defending is Harry McGuire.
I see a lot of topics speaking about that. You play FUTO? No problem on FUMA

Just logged onto Twitter... :SHOCK:

nFOS5YQ.png

I'm shocked that even the eSports players dislike it - I so strongly believe they don't actually know what they want, they just want "no scripting" which means "never losing", and that IF (one glorious day) they got to play a hyper-realistic game, they'd realise what fun they could have been having without just begging for more "action", more goals and instant rewards.

Seems like I'm the last one that hasn't been invited to the Beta, I even have that Play subscription and everything, I suppose from what I have heard I should be relieved

Considering that the crappy gameplay we got in the last years (the differences between the beta and the release for exemple) was mainly due to English journalists/testers criticizing the slow gameplay .... I wonder if this trend is a positive sign :THINK:

Just logged onto Twitter... :SHOCK:

nFOS5YQ.png

I'm shocked that even the eSports players dislike it - I so strongly believe they don't actually know what they want, they just want "no scripting" which means "never losing", and that IF (one glorious day) they got to play a hyper-realistic game, they'd realise what fun they could have been having without just begging for more "action", more goals and instant rewards.

To be fair, I think that was powered by this tweet:

Not that I wish to be fair on FIFA right now.

It did last year too. At the beta stage. It only got worse from then on.

I don't know if the feedback forum is only for showstopping bugs.
Looks like they got much more interest on E-sports players feedbacks than non-active e-sport players.
Edit: looking at your post, i don't know that guy level but there's hope for a change then.

And the majority are young and different than when "e-sport" didn't really existed but competitions/world cup on games, i remember for example Bruce Grannec (as he's french) having good taste in terms of football games.

Favourite was PES 5, then switched directly on FIFA 08 well he was World champion on the 2 games...
But he said that's because he got pleasure to play it, where his motivation coming from.

But he didn't liked PES 6 (at all lol, saying it's the worst balanced/arcade PES), ended second. 3rd on i don't remember if it's FIFA 11 but he said the game was great.

Seems like this dude plays FIFA 23 indeed.
I can't tell the difference from FIFA 22.
Same shitty animations, lack of physicality and many more issues that make FIFA not look like a real sports game.

Same shitty animations, lack of physicality and many more issues that make FIFA not look like a real sports game.

I think that video is the old gen version and it's pretty much just copy paste from FIFA 22. With that being said, the next gen version looks like pure trash, too.

its weird because there is no the transparent window which report that is the demo version of the game. You can understand that is old gen from xbox one or ps4 because the mbappe is not animated at the menu. Also at the top of the menu it said ea play trial which is playable from 27th September! How he get the early access 26 days earlier?

Last edited:
It's a youtuber who probably won enough money (i suppose) and don't have a Serie X or PS5 to play on as a tool for his "youtubing" work? Please.

Saw this tweet and had to laugh. Looks like it's not just FIFA fans who are getting sick of the soap-opera experience, with the frankly stupid cutscenes (where managers smirk as sold players are angrily ejected from the premises) and bolt-ons where you can click buttons that say "read a book" or "buy a mattress".

If they'd put as much effort into evolving the gameplay as they'd put into creating the razzle-dazzle for the YouTubers and TikTokers to hype their game with ("guys there are gym room cutscenes now, siiiccckkk"), we might have got a playable game.

If they'd put as much effort into evolving the gameplay as they'd put into creating the razzle-dazzle for the YouTubers and TikTokers to hype their game with ("guys there are gym room cutscenes now, siiiccckkk"), we might have got a playable game.

I remember watching a vid years ago that explained that the executive mindset with these games is about having "new features" to sell each year, so just making the game playable or just improving stuff already in the game, is automatically bottom of the list of priorities. Essentially they get a few months to come up with new features and imnplement them, above everything else.

Possibly explains why it took them 4 years to make the cpu react to the scoreline again. Playable game will probably arrive by the year 2525.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom