FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

I guess saying they're making "the most realistic game they possibly can" is very carefully phrased so that it can't be proven a lie. I mean in a court you can always say, "yes your honour, it's a bit like basketball, but we just can't do better than that", and be fine. 🤣

Oh how I love when they pull these cards.
Its either "toxic playerbase", or "we are human beings".
Game is not even released and they are already backtracking.
Funny how it usually happens when someone pulls them up on their bullshit and proves black on white that what they say its absolute bollox and lies.
Why engage with the community in the first place if you are not ready for criticism?

This year having both corporations already showing their laundry on the table in terms of "please try our gameplay" I have a difficult question for those playing a lot the beta (don't know even how to ask this):

As things stands now, which one from those two turds could be considered more accurate gameplay wise in terms of football immersion? :LOL:

Please don't !!! I refuse to think that the slightly better one is..... can't be !!! for the love of god, please !!!

remind you something? its copy paste 22 with different nets and crossplay enable
It should be renamed to POLO 23! Bayern vs PSG 6 - 6 (12 goals???) Where is the defence???
This video is the reason i am not going to buy this thing!
We will stuck with pes 21 for ever!

Last edited:
Its sad to see when you look at a video like this (FIFA 14) how after 8 years the realism has gone so backwards:

That commentary! 😊👌
Thank you gents, The thing that strikes you the most about FIFA 14 is the respect for inertia and players body positioning. This game is deeply sophisticated even before the critically revered FIFA 16, contextual errors and wonderful random situations and very surprising AI are aplenty in this game.

Here everyone talks about FIFA 16 as the "Albatros around EA neck", but the game is more an Evo-web standard. Not mine personnally : But the game(s) which are more "Albabatrossy" for the big public are much more Fifa 14, or FIFA 10-11 PS360.

Well, the full PS3 era in fact : that's what the majority said. Not a game in particular, FIFA 14 was just the more balanced and polished with FIFA 11 console : but people remind the whole "switch to PES from FIFA" era. Then many came back to PES after.
I talk about that majority which select one football game by year, not us who brought the 2.

But i don't know, looks like Fifa is so much full of money thanks to packs, you-tubers who will made tons of vids with a new salad bowl from Fifa commercial with an Haaland LIDL, and all those awful stuffs that in terms of developing the game : they're in a total free range or "roue libre" like we said here (free wheel).
Means they're doing everything they want and don't give a damn, completely off context.
Whatever they will do, the game will be sold like bread. So just give the command to E-sport gamers about the balance and copy paste. Less work.

In the same time, they tries to trap the feminine football fans, who will run and move like men, and be faster than WonderWoman.

Thank you gents, The thing that strikes you the most about FIFA 14 is the respect for inertia and players body positioning. This game is deeply sophisticated even before the critically revered FIFA 16, contextual errors and wonderful random situations and very surprising AI are aplenty in this game.

I do believe FIFA 14 have the best AI out of all the FIFAs alongside FIFA 2010 World Cup AI. Just watching those videos should tell you everything. We use to be so spoiled by good footie games back in the day. 😢

I believe 14 is the more balanced of all Fifa. Better AI i don't know, but the engine (to me) even with X years old and some algorithms added, was made for Football. And progressed until they got to switch as UFC/NFL etc was going on Ignite / which is an engine not so bad yes, but not calibrated for football to me.
Just seeing clunky animations etc., i should be the one who hate the most that engine as i remember the "switch" and the loss of inertia and all i liked/was right in PS3 FIFAs : and even if it was well made for the 16 objectively, the engine didn't fitted with players quick motion, reactions in certains contexts, contacts and a bit of ball physics etc.

But they did a good job with it. To me it's far from the best football game ever as i don't have satisfaction to score at all probably as i played a lot online and scored tons of long shoots from every angle, but a nice game you can replay any time.
That's what a game should be : whatever it's a yearly game, seasonal etc.

Not a bugged version one year, then debug the other year while adding a new bug etc.
Well i talk to a big wall, when i see and read the state of FIFA 23 :( it's much much over my expectations in the opposite way.

I expected a change some days in F.G., but not at all something like this, as young we all loved when a game was representing reality, when it was based on reality.

remind you something? its copy paste 22 with different nets and crossplay enable
It should be renamed to POLO 23! Bayern vs PSG 6 - 6 (12 goals???) Where is the defence???
This video is the reason i am not going to buy this thing!
We will stuck with pes 21 for ever!

I don't get how they can defend it. Other than saying "this is what people want, fun".

Except, I don't think that's what they want (and I certainly don't think it's fun). When you can get into a scoring position without even looking at the screen... It's not remotely fun, it's boring as hell.

If a FIFA came along that was a real culture shock - like when FIFA 07 debuted the "arena" and showed how they'd separated the ball from the player, and realism was the focus - I genuinely think everyone would love it.

But the chances of that happening again are zero. I've been waiting for FIFA to be a football game again, and only now do I realise (truly realise) they're not interested in that.

Fingers crossed eFootball bolts on a Master League soon...

I don't get how they can defend it. Other than saying "this is what people want, fun".
Thats the thing. If they just said it, openly, that F23 will be most fun, arcade goal fest - at least people like us would go - fair enough. Not for me.

Its the constant lies about most realistic football game up to date, with hyper this and hyper that and ultra this and motion captured that - this is what drives me up the fucking wall.

Coz, as it stands - Fifa is closer to Fifa 94 than anything remotely related to modern football.

Its the constant lies about most realistic football game up to date, with hyper this and hyper that and ultra this and motion captured that - this is what drives me up the fucking wall.
This.

Marketing are their strong point, but i can't tolerate gigantesque lies like this : but youthness is smart and see at least that it's far from being the case.
But there's less and less interest in football too... Football culture is kinda lost too, at least where i leave, it was the number 1 conversation subject, whatever the people age.

Then, people aren't buying for that ultra fake argument. They don't care and want their adrenaline dose.

Fifa 14 and FIFA 08 were my favorites FIFA.
So much fun and réalism. FIFA 14 introduced GK intelligence in the serie. It was the first nextgen on One and PS4. For free if you have preorder the Xbox One🤩.

I have yesterday a message that the beta was uodated. They change marking. It don't if it works on vanilla but yesss more faults are in and more crosses too.

I love the new penalty système. I have winning a physical match between Spain Vs Portugal. 1-1 After two extra Time. CR7 scores and Morata equalize. De Gea stopped Pepe penalty for a win 7-6!

I have made Real Betis Vs Seville FC. Iglesias is a beast👀. 4-1 for me with a penalty for me. Hat trick for Iglesias.

Another match : Sporting Vs Benfica. 1-1 after two extra Time. Win After penalty kick.

Si yes it's possible to have realistic scores with changes. Without, it's impossible for now.

Except, I don't think that's what they want (and I certainly don't think it's fun). When you can get into a scoring position without even looking at the screen... It's not remotely fun, it's boring as hell.
This is what always bothers me about this developer brainwashing mindset...

People had fun with PES 5, EURO 2008, and all the FIFA's right up to 16. These games always sold very well, The concurrent players was always very strong and healthy, yes there will always be a bit of selectiveness about whether players want a faster or slower game etc; But these people were hooked on those games and spent money on FUT even in 2016.

So, the argument that players want something even easier and less challenging and faster... I don't know if it's more to do with a generation of players we can't relate to which is todays 12-16 year olds who don't anything about a world before TikTok, infinite scrolling and just generally sensory overload & short attention spans or if EA & Konami genuinely believe for the past 23 years, gamers have always been dumb and impatient simpletons and just didn't know it yet.

I fully believe that if these companies released something challenging again, that people willl still but it, adapt and spend their money on it simply because of the psychology of it being the newest and trending product. You'll get people who'll whine about it being harder and they'll still but it the same way as people are complaining that it's shittier and easier and will still buy it.

Problem being is no matter which one, EA know they're guaranteed revolting profit every year so who cares, why challenge themselves, why work harder coding or risk anything?

But we're not asking for merciless simulation here or Dark Souls football, we want a return to the standard of 5 years ago when there still seemed to be an effort to interpret realistic football and there was a healthy balance between sim and arcade, between realism and fun. Now it just seems dystopic, it's boneheaded capitalism thrust upon a complicit consumer who doesn't realise it yet and it'll only get worse and worse.

Today it's Marvel Superheroes in your game, tomorrow it'll be fucking, fucking, Literally. You will laugh at me and say i've completely lost it but considering social media is what these companies are looking at regarding copying market strategy in their games, and the vast majority of social media is sex appeal and THOTs, They'll shoehorn this crap even into football games.

You think promoting the women this year is woke and progressive? Mark my words, 5 years from now you'll be able to play as Alex Morgan in some skimpy JRPG impractical panties and titty armour in FUT. I'm calling it now.

This is what always bothers me about this developer brainwashing mindset...

People had fun with PES 5, EURO 2008, and all the FIFA's right up to 16. These games always sold very well, The concurrent players was always very strong and healthy, yes there will always be a bit of selectiveness about whether players want a faster or slower game etc; But these people were hooked on those games and spent money on FUT even in 2016.

So, the argument that players want something even easier and less challenging and faster... I don't know if it's more to do with a generation of players we can't relate to which is todays 12-16 year olds who don't anything about a world before TikTok, infinite scrolling and just generally sensory overload & short attention spans or if EA & Konami genuinely believe for the past 23 years, gamers have always been dumb and impatient simpletons and just didn't know it yet.

I fully believe that if these companies released something challenging again, that people willl still but it, adapt and spend their money on it simply because of the psychology of it being the newest and trending product. You'll get people who'll whine about it being harder and they'll still but it the same way as people are complaining that it's shittier and easier and will still buy it.

Problem being is no matter which one, EA know they're guaranteed revolting profit every year so who cares, why challenge themselves, why work harder coding or risk anything?

But we're not asking for merciless simulation here or Dark Souls football, we want a return to the standard of 5 years ago when there still seemed to be an effort to interpret realistic football and there was a healthy balance between sim and arcade, between realism and fun. Now it just seems dystopic, it's boneheaded capitalism thrust upon a complicit consumer who doesn't realise it yet and it'll only get worse and worse.

Today it's Marvel Superheroes in your game, tomorrow it'll be fucking, fucking, Literally. You will laugh at me and say i've completely lost it but considering social media is what these companies are looking at regarding copying market strategy in their games, and the vast majority of social media is sex appeal and THOTs, They'll shoehorn this crap even into football games.

You think promoting the women this year is woke and progressive? Mark my words, 5 years from now you'll be able to play as Alex Morgan in some skimpy JRPG impractical panties and titty armour in FUT. I'm calling it now.
This. So this!
there is for sure a psychological aspect towards the current gen of kids and how they interact with media. And those companies know that for sure!
Just a quick response… need to go back to 16. It’s half time between uni and colo and I’m ready to play more football. FOOTBALL ya heard! 😂

What should be pretty embarrassing for EA is that eFootball started off as one of the biggest disasters in footy gaming history but here we are at version 2.0 and the gameplay is better than the FIFA 23 demo. There’s a midfield who pressure and my defenders look like they understand positioning. That game still has a looong way to go but it as it gains more features and depth (now 26 teams to play with in offline mode) it’s going to be a better choice than FIFA 23 or whatever EA FC crap is heading our way next.

What should be pretty embarrassing for EA is that eFootball started off as one of the biggest disasters in footy gaming history but here we are at version 2.0 and the gameplay is better than the FIFA 23 demo. There’s a midfield who pressure and my defenders look like they understand positioning. That game still has a looong way to go but it as it gains more features and depth (now 26 teams to play with in offline mode) it’s going to be a better choice than FIFA 23 or whatever EA FC crap is heading our way next.
eFootball has more actual football in it, but it's still terrible. It's not an acceptable substitute. Neither of them are playable long-term, and eFootball doesn't even have a Career Mode for God's sake. Or a tournament mode. Forcing yourself to play either is just to spite the other game, which is a pointless exercise.

It's going to be the first year in a long time that I don't buy or download a football game to play, but it's time to abandon them. They don't care about us and all the sweet-talk of "realism" and "updates" is just a carrot dangling from a stick.

They will make more money than ever with 23, too. That's the killer. So how will it ever change.

eFootball has more actual football in it, but it's still terrible. It's not an acceptable substitute. Neither of them are playable long-term, and eFootball doesn't even have a Career Mode for God's sake. Or a tournament mode. Forcing yourself to play either is just to spite the other game, which is a pointless exercise.

It's going to be the first year in a long time that I don't buy or download a football game to play, but it's time to abandon them. They don't care about us and all the sweet-talk of "realism" and "updates" is just a carrot dangling from a stick.

They will make more money than ever with 23, too. That's the killer. So how will it ever change.
I agree overall it's still a million miles from being anything like a complete game, I was just approaching it from a point that EA had daylight in front of them and no competition this time last year and look where we are now, nothing to look forward to. I'm happy with FIFA 16 and won't be buying the new and final FIFA title. I'll happily test the free eFootball and EA FC games but I don't see much future at the moment without a large change of focus at both companies but we know when $$$ is involved, that's not going to happen.

Not the right place for it but eFootball is like playing a crap demo of a football game. It doesn’t feel or look like PES anymore, not to me anyway.

Like Chris has already said, FIFA 23 will still sell by the bucket loads. And a few of us on here not buying it won’t effect EA but at least we all get to save some cash.

Sad times. My favourite part of the year when I was a student was always FIFA and PES release week. I would look forward to it so much. Wake up early, run to Game Station, pick up FIFA or PES, skip lectures and play all day/night. There was a magic about football gaming then.

Now it’s all online/multiplayer focused for the FUT / Dream Team kiddies with half assed Career Modes where we spend more time trying to find the perfect sliders than actually playing the game.

Thank god I’ve got other hobbies these days or I would be bored out of my mind.

Not the right place for it but eFootball is like playing a crap demo of a football game. It doesn’t feel or look like PES anymore, not to me anyway.

Like Chris has already said, FIFA 23 will still sell by the bucket loads. And a few of us on here not buying it won’t effect EA but at least we all get to save some cash.

Sad times. My favourite part of the year when I was a student was always FIFA and PES release week. I would look forward to it so much. Wake up early, run to Game Station, pick up FIFA or PES, skip lectures and play all day/night. There was a magic about football gaming then.

Now it’s all online/multiplayer focused for the FUT / Dream Team kiddies with half assed Career Modes where we spend more time trying to find the perfect sliders than actually playing the game.

Thank god I’ve got other hobbies these days or I would be bored out of my mind.
You also remember the midnight openings as well mate bloody feel old now lol how much games have changed no fut this etc more about offline

I remember when a guy working in a Factory sold some versions weeks before the real release.

Got PES 2/3/5 (the most early one : i understand now when i see how far transfers are), and Fifa 08/PES 2008 too. I got also my reservation early for PES 6 360 : there was a big file, i've made a long road for it as others store didn't wanted to share it before it was out.

The very next i got from the "back of the store" was FIFA 11, around 10 days before it was out, i've did some talk and merchandising as it wasn't a friend haha.

Was restricted to close friends and "editor" like i was already lol.

Another time, era. I miss those game, first category when you edit them directly when it was out, importing our old data or Creating Nike/Adidas logos yourself with or without guide.
The second, back to Fifa, was when you could've train and play a lot before the first patch : then online you were super ready , on PS3 era Fifa to me was all about Season mode and League mode. Career bored me on the first versions, i don't know the empty menus, the research system etc. we complained a lot about navigation menus.

But online you didn't feeled stolen, and there was even a FUMA ranking.

I don't think most of the sliders work in this beta. Certainly increasing marking to 100, runs to 0, goalkeepers to 100 make no difference to the 8-9 scroelines. I let my wife play on World Class (she struggles hard on Professional on FIFA 16) and she won both of her games; 5-4 and 6-3 with manual shooting.

I don't think most of the sliders work in this beta. Certainly increasing marking to 100, runs to 0, goalkeepers to 100 make no difference to the 8-9 scroelines. I let my wife play on World Class (she struggles hard on Professional on FIFA 16) and she won both of her games; 5-4 and 6-3 with manual shooting.
False, sliders worked on the beta on FUMA, I don't know on FUTO. The update helps a lot, marking is far better!

Extrem values are always bads with sliders. You solve one problem but you increase two others!

GK at 70 is enought to have scores like 0-0, 2-1, 1-0 and less than 15 shoots for the CPU. Same thing with marking. If you high, you will see Big holes on the field.

My tip to having more faults is an acceleration at 46/47. The CPU can tackle more easily for having FK and penalty. I love the new corner and penalty kick, more manuel!

There are too much help now in FIFA.
Having a quick switch is important, base on ball position to have the nearest player.

But new sliders will be helpful to have a more balanced game easily. It is a little like a lotery

You also remember the midnight openings as well mate bloody feel old now lol how much games have changed no fut this etc more about offline
Never been at a midnight opening for a videogame but I get what you say: I pre-ordered some games in the past (FIFA 16 and PES 2018 for example, talking about football games), and bought some (FIFA 12 and FIFA 14 in recent days, but also olter titles like ISS 98) within a week from release.
I don't think I would do that again though.

The bad thing is that... Well... Either you activate FIFA on Steam (with which I think you could in theory download the "day 1" version whenever you want like it happened with PES) or you're basically bust.
I don't think origin offers the chance to download "old" copies of the games; on the contrary, it nags you beyond frustration to update your games "otherwise we won't even let you launch the game you paid for with your hard earned money (unless you switch origin to offline mode but this is a thing we're deliberately omitting of course)".

Still hoping they forgot put AI in beta, and in full version there will be something which looks like football.

I will not pre-order, but hoping for something at least playable in a month.

Back
Top Bottom