FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Update, some improvements in Gameplay.
Yes I have got a uptade of m'y Séries version.
I can't Access to my career like last year.

So it was the occasion to test something.
I have made two games : Chelsea Vs Liverpool and Bayern Munich Vs Leverkusen.

Protocol : FUMA and no sliders and FUMA and sliders. The difference is huge!

No sliders : a real ping pong match! Only passes and shoot. Midfield and GK didn't give a shit about the ball. The speed was insane. You can't play with some little passes. Liverpool wins 0-8 on WC befor the half. One shot on target =on goal. Neuer and Mendy look like a random GK.
Worst of that. There is a latency like PES when you forced them to go out of their line. Horrible!

When the CPU runs, you can't catch him, the advantage of the stricker on Defender is clearly for non stop attack. Yes, defenders and midfields are in 80% not on the good position to have the ball. Acceleration is a joke.

Worst : physic ball looks off. No spin, only a regulate speed. Passes look like a rocket and no problem to control it like if super glue was on your shoes. It's the worst FIFA I have seen!!

Chelsea Vs Liverpool : 0-8 at the end of the first half with 18 shoots for Liverpool. I quited!

Bayern Vs Leverkusen : 4-9 final score....

So i put my sliders and played FUMA the same two matches.
GK : Neuer and Mendy look good and the latency is gone.
Strikers : no more 32 shoots in a match. Liverpool finished with 18 shoot.

Faults : OMG there are faults on football???
Yes. On vanilla, defenders are blind and too slow to make a tackle or put their legs in opposition

CPU : crosses are back, the ping pong passes is very rare, they make Bad controls, fight on the air, made good headers. Midfields are not perfects but try to come black and made some interception.
The whole team plays like a team not a succession of 1 vs 1.

Ball physics : the ball is alive, it can spin, players havenn't glue, and it rebonds on foot.

Score : Chelsea Vs Liverpool : 2-1 with a beauty from outside. A real PL match.
Bayern Vs Leverkusen : 2-3, a typical Bundesliga match with intensity.

The stats don't lie : Faults, possession, Expected goal, shoots on goal, thèse statistics are correct. Not on vanilla.

So I make another game : Juventus Vs Inter Milan. I was pleased to hear Juventus chants. It was a great match. Winning 3-4 with a golden goal of Di Maria

My conclusion : FIFA 23 vanilla is
the most crappy FIFA game I have played since FIFA 18. It's a box to box game, i can't even said it's football. There is a ball, 11 men versus 11 men, that's all. No strategy needed : 3 passes and you can score. GK, Midfields, defenders are drinking on the stadium bar. They are on the pitch but did nothing. It's strikers vs strickers. The script is so visible, EA should be shamed, really.

If i didn't try sliders, the game will uninstalled after only 2 matchs. Don't want to play this shit anymore. Brainless game is the world. No construction needed

But once again, sliders make the game playable. On vanilla, no inertia. With some sliders, the ball physic is on and it's changed a lot of things. No more glue, more crosses, more varied goals, no more latency (i don't know why on vanilla, latency is huge, even on a GK!).

Online will be a joke this year, a real nightmare.

Idiots online/youtube and gambling kids will buy those mattresses ... with real money and probably not so cheap.

They will be like "I bought 100$ mattress in FIFA23" ... with some idiotic face on thumbnails in youtube

I was desperately hoping for some more playability from the game with the update, but my experience mirrors @saturator's, only I'd say sliders do very little to help (you just cannot add resistance to the midfield, so you just can't stop games ending with 20+ shots per team and huge XGs - all you can do is cripple shot accuracy, which doesn't make it any harder to create chances or any more fun to play).

@Topaz put it perfectly:

There is less end to end attack in tennis than in FIFA 23.

And as @Paynekiller said:

airhockey-alone.gif

Pad/Hockey game /there's many names/ is probably my number one "Arcade" game, not even a Video one.
Ultimate classic from more than XX years which never get old...

Needs to throws my invitee table from my dining room (fuck them, the more i get old, the less "friends" came for a visit) and my addiction to football game and brough one.
Robotised for the VS paddle (yes that exist) the AI should be more logic than any stuffs i'm playing now.

Last edited:
If Saturator can't find something positive to say then it really must be garbage!
Yes, I always see the positive but in this case, no. FIFA 23 is a bad game and worst for a footy game.
The DNA of football is not there. It's the first time I would like to erase a FIFA game since FIFA 18.
0-8 befor the half-time, it a bad joke.

You want to accelerate your defender, you can't, because a f***ing scrypt is there and the striker goes away, to score a easy goal, because the GK is a muppet. The different type of running will create a lot of easy goals. You press "Y" to block the striker and this sc**bag GK didn't move his ass and react 0.5 second later. I never see that in a FIFA game offline. With PES yes, in a FIFA, no. You can erase the latency with sliders. I don't if it's normal but it does.

Last edited:
I was desperately hoping for some more playability from the game with the update, but my experience mirrors @saturator's, only I'd say sliders do very little to help (you just cannot add resistance to the midfield, so you just can't stop games ending with 20+ shots per team and huge XGs - all you can do is cripple shot accuracy, which doesn't make it any harder to create chances or any more fun to play).

@Topaz put it perfectly:

And as @Paynekiller said:

airhockey-alone.gif
Yes, this year is very hard to defend. I love defending and i play on FUMA so i can swith really quickly to press strikers. My switch is base on ball position and not player position with LB button, it helps a lot.

I always said you tell the truth Chris. You can't enjoy FIFA 23 without changing some sliders. The speed of passes is a joke, the scryt is everywhere.
No way!

Sliders for any game past fifa 19 are not rocket science. After all half of them may not even work.

But basically this: All players are completely useless at defending but there's no fix for that (that's the thing some of us are asking for, I don't think I'll ever play the game again without this), so you want to make all players on the ball to be just as useless to even things out. Now every single player on the pitch is completely useless at both attacking & defending so you can pretend it's balanced.

So crank up those sliders containing the word "error" as high as you'd like, make sure you're playing blindfolded on attack and you're good to go! You're welcome.

(Remember to remove the blindfolds when defending).

Last edited:
The update has made things worse, if anything.

I'm Brighton (blue), the AI is Union Berlin (red). Career Mode first match, World Class (same thing happens on Legendary).

eyjXrZm.png

Kick off. The two Brighton players at the top-centre aren't even facing the right way (they're looking at the crowd). Which is pretty much the perfect analogy for the gameplay balance. Defensively, they are traffic cones, but when you're on the attack, they fly forwards like rockets waiting for a through-pass.

Hr6CAxX.png

Kick off has happened. One of the players who was looking at the crowd has only just turned around (he's missed two passes). My CDM (orange boots) stands and watches. The left/right CMs either side of him start running at full-speed up the pitch...

scb2726.png

...straight past the ball carrier, to stop dead on the half-way line for zero reason (they're not blocking pass lanes, they can't receive a pass, there's no reason for them to stop there). The CDM is still exactly where he was at kick-off, rooted to the spot. The defenders stand in a perfect Hypermotion 2.0 line. They'll position themselves to defend as a unit and snuff out the path to goal, right?

CpLgJGj.png

No, obviously not. Cucarella (top-centre, now at Chelsea but transfers haven't been updated yet) is the latest player to completely stop, and doesn't move again. The centre-backs jog backwards with no intention of helping (Hypermotion 2.0 at work). The striker doesn't even sprint to goal. He doesn't have to.

One minute in, and two passes have resulted in a shot with an XG close to 1... And it carries on like that. Back and forth, back and forth. Half time, 3-3. I quit.

In short... There is so, so little defensive AI that even the CPU opponent knows it, and just sprints from kick off to your goalkeeper to score.

Guys, I hate to use language like this, but it's warranted. This is pathetic.

There's "1v1 focused gameplay" (which totally ruined playing the AI as it was in 22), and there's this - players who aren't even aware that their opponents are on the field. They move as if they are blind and have no fundamental football training.

This is absolutely dreadful if you plan on playing offline. In my experience.

But basically this: All players are completely useless at defending...
...and exactly the same at attacking.

Huh, do you remember those days when you saw opponent team in the pre match clips and saw Hierro, or Terry, or Figo, or Zidane... and you were like "shit... thats gonna be a tough match"...?
And they were tough, had individual styles and could really mess things up for you?
And then in the following match against that team you were like "oh no, that dick again..."
Now defenders worth Brazilion in CM are like...
Screenshot_20220826-123825_Chrome.jpg
"Hi !!!"
...and all offensive players are exactly the same on the pitch, whether its Messi, or McDickinson from FC Shambles.

Viva La 1v1 User Vs User game design!

If they dont fix AI by the release, I wonder would IGN or anybody complain ....

I didnt play beta, but from what I see from you guys --- that thing is 100% broken and way worse than FIFA22 (I dont know how, they just need copy/paste AI if anything, but somehow failed) and even in FIFA22 AI was barely playable.

If they dont fix AI by the release, I wonder would IGN or anybody complain ....

It's not broken, it can't be broken if it's by design, and so there's nothing to "fix".

Reviewers will probably write something like "There are many great goals this year which is probably good if you like attacking football! Now let's move to the exciting new additions: The horse sounds and the mattresses!".

It's not broken, it can't be broken if it's by design, and so there's nothing to "fix".

Reviewers will probably write something like "There are many great goals this year which is probably good if you like attacking football! Now let's move to the exciting new additions: The horse sounds and the mattresses!".
Perfect name for a music band! 👌

So apparently EA have slightly extended the beta by 1 extra day. My only question is why? Does EA think beta testers haven't suffered enough?

Just wait for it to hit Game Pass. Don’t give EA your money.

I’ve said this over and over again, year after year. But I’m also guilty of buying FIFA every year (I’m proud to say I didn’t buy FIFA 21).

I’m done now. Sliders aren’t fixing these e sports games. Look at how many times people have changed their slider sets for FIFA 22. It’s still end-to-end garbage, whatever settings we apply or edit.

FIFA 23 is going to be horse poo for the single players. Then next year we have EA Sports E-Team 2024 sponsored by Relentless Energy Drinks which, I guarantee, will be free to play and be nothing more than a FUT style bonanza.

It’s over and has been over for years, I’ve been clinging onto some hope the one day we will get a single player football game made with love, attention to detail and honesty.

But it’s not happening, not now and not in the future. We have 100s of other very good video games to play, thankfully. But nothing to fill that career mode / master league shape void unless you’re happy to keep playing the old greats.

these are sad times. But the writing has been on the wall since the explosion of YouTubers making bank opening packs of football players and celebrating that as a win in itself. On the pitch? Who cares, I’ve got Special Halloween Edition Neymar.

Now, just to warn all of you - if later on, during the year, real EA mattresses will be available for purchase - dont buy them!
They b like sleeping on ice.
Your ass will just slide of it at night..

I guess saying they're making "the most realistic game they possibly can" is very carefully phrased so that it can't be proven a lie. I mean in a court you can always say, "yes your honour, it's a bit like basketball, but we just can't do better than that", and be fine. 🤣

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom