FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Will people be able to post videos from the beta or its under NDA

I don't think it's allowed, although a few do leak stuff every year and risk getting banned. Plenty more take advantage and post fake videos using footage from the previous game for clickbait and views, so you have to look for something that's really new to know it's legit.

Last edited:
Did you guys get last year's beta? It would be interesting to create a topic just to talk about the impressions, it would be forbidden to use pictures and videos from the beta.

It's the only football game in town now that eFootball is all about their version of FUT - and I fear EAFC will be too - but I hope I can resist throwing my money at EA this time.

It's over man. I believe EAFC will be basically FIFA Mobile on steroids. The main menu UI will be littered with gacha game like garbage and offers for buying FUT points every few minutes. You will finally experience what next gen means 😎

Did you guys get last year's beta? It would be interesting to create a topic just to talk about the impressions, it would be forbidden to use pictures and videos from the beta.
I got a 22 next-gen beta code, but I genuinely think it was just because so few people had next-gen consoles at the time and they were desperate. My game-time is really low, especially on 22 (given the reasons I've stated ad nauseam)... so I doubt I'll get one this time.

I got a 22 next-gen beta code, but I genuinely think it was just because so few people had next-gen consoles at the time and they were desperate. My game-time is really low, especially on 22 (given the reasons I've stated ad nauseam)... so I doubt I'll get one this time.
Is it just random?

Any chance someone can work their magic and invite me to the beta?! How do I get in EAs focus for that!?
Some say it's random selection, but others (see the following link) say it's based on how much you've played the game. So if you already love the game, you're more likely to be asked to participate in the beta... I'd rather they sent it to people who weren't playing it as much, to try and make the game better for everyone and maybe make a few more sales (not just focusing on where the money is coming from right now), but what do I know about business...

Either way, you must be opted into EA's promotion emails. See this guide (click here).

Just got my beta code.
Same, didn't expect it!

Fingers crossed the AI is much different from the trailers.

I'm ok with that. I've got the beta last year too. I'm so happy. On Series X , career mode🍻💪👌

Same, didn't expect it!

Fingers crossed the AI is much different from the trailers.

When can you download and play? Looking forward to hearing your impressions. However, my advice is to go with low expectations. Its been written to death the direction FIFA is going, so don't expect what they've built in '20,'21','22 to drastically change....

and the best pes games allowed you to put cat and dog heads on your players. that didnt stop those games from being amazing.

theres a lot wrong with fifa but i feel like people who don't like the game will carry that attitude into the fairly inconsequential features of the game and make them seem a bigger problem/road-to-destruction for the game than they are.

Inconsequential features like cat and dog heads wouldn't have made any PES6 deep dives if such things existed in 2006. Neigh chance...

I see your point, though, and some people are guilty of it - but it mainly lies in fanboydom. Most here are criticising the pig, not the lipstick.

Cat and dog heads, penguins and dinosaurs were merely lipstick on [Googles 'Sexiest Woman in the World 2006] Keira Knightley?! Good lord.

Seeing as there's no FIFA demo any more (as they can't be monetised like the "game trials" can), I think it's only fair to warn people that if they have similar feelings to me about the things that make FIFA 22 genuinely - and I sincerely mean it - unplayable (i.e. the 1v1 gameplay focus being so extreme that playing against the AI is like playing against nine traffic cones who don't understand what their job on the pitch is)... Well, prepare for FIFA 23 to be even more extreme in those areas.

Those who have no problem with standard-length games on Legendary difficulty ending with 10+ goals due to the complete and total absence of resistance from the AI midfield/defence will have no issue - and who don't care that the new "recommended" half length for offline play is just three minutes (so I'm not really sure why you'd add "playable highlights", other than to absolutely 100% guarantee that you'll skip all elements other than scoring goals), as well as injuries and bookings being off by default (because those things are just boring and detract from the fun of scoring goals at will)... Well, you'll have absolutely bags of fun winning 9-3 against the AI.

However, I strongly suspect the game wasn't made for offline play at all, and offline play has simply become a "trainer" to get people ready to play online. I'm not saying that to be a dick; I'm saying that because you can literally run from box to box with a defender on Legendary and not be stopped. Those who said we shouldn't worry because the trailers were on a low difficulty, despite players standing still and watching as you run past them on the highest difficulties of FIFA 22...

...I can only say, watch the following, and try to understand that this comes from a place of deep upset that the one football game in town that has any offline modes, plays like a 100 yard dash from box to box on repeat with nothing in-between. It is, to be sincere, upsetting.

Not to shit on your rant but you do realize the 3 minutes and fouls off are the recommendation for amateur difficulty, meaning it is what is recommended if you are new and doesn't mean it is recommended for higher difficulties.

It is probably their way of making it a tutorial.
The clips in the tweet are from Legendary difficulty. Those recommendations may well be for Amateur, but the screenshots at the end of the 9-3 final score are from a Legendary difficulty match, with an XG of 8-6 and 40+ shots in a single game (roughly 20 shots each for the human and AI team). They're not even my screenshots, so I'm not the only person experiencing this, or experiencing those scorelines. The only way to keep the scores sensible would be to use three minute halves, because the game is simply running back and forth between goals (or at most playing a few passes).

Those scorelines may well be fun for some, and maybe fun for you. I'm just saying that if it's NOT fun for you, and your only option is to turn on "Competitor Mode" (which, firstly, doesn't remove the 1v1 forced focus, and secondly is designed to mimic pro players, i.e. not real life, and makes the likes of Tranmere Rovers players throw in crazy tricks and dribbles as they outplay Premier League players)...

Well, as I said at the end of that message, it's not a rant as much as it's genuinely heartbreaking to run from box to box with a defender while all bar 1 opponent at a time just watch you go - which can't be "fixed" because it's a core part of the game, for online players, which offline players simply have to swallow. We have no way to work around the issues in the video.

FIFA is the monopoly for offline football games now. I am just... so sad, and I know many others who feel the same way about 22 (and now they have the beta, 23). I'm only giving my opinion. That's what a forum is for.

Well so far I have a different experience with the CB. Yes the first match was easy since it had adjusting difficulty but the next few matches were definitely tighter .

Not saying you aren't experiencing what you are but I didn't have these high scoring games and had even a couple of losses on World Class with 6 minute halves, which is usually the difficulty I start with.

So kind of interesting that it is different experiences.

By the way, as much as you may feel it's the case @Jay-Jay 10, I'm not just stuck in the past here and wishing for the good old days, refusing to move on. Outside of the fundamentals, the game is fantastic. Movement has improvement, physical momentum is better, the variety in the engine is unparalleled (and has been for years). Nobody can deny the complexity and variety of what the game can produce.

But for as long as the extreme 1v1 focus exists within the AI to the point of what you can see in the tweet, there is simply no midfield, and barely a defence. (If you're not seeing that, well, after spending hours playing last night, I really don't know how.)

So much of what makes a game "fun" is subjective, but being given shooting opportunities without having to pick the right passes and unpick the "puzzle" of an AI that presses and limits your progression without you having to be clever (not a genius or anything, I'm not talking about games where you have one shot each after 90 minutes, but just having to work to create opportunities)...

Is it not boring for every offline player to shoot over and over again without putting effort into it? Maybe it's not. But to be blunt, I'm a terrible player, and yet I'm having no issues scoring multiple goals per half, every game. The fact that only one AI player will engage you and the others all stand off means a couple of fast-passes and you're in on goal, just like FIFA 22, so it's not an "early beta" issue. That being the case, anyone who's remotely decent at the game and wants a challenge from the AI... I don't see how it can happen. The core 1v1 focus just won't allow it.

Whats the training mode thing, do you have to complete it?
I don't think so. It's just a new tutorial-type feature.

By the way, as much as you may feel it's the case @Jay-Jay 10, I'm not just stuck in the past here and wishing for the good old days, refusing to move on. Outside of the fundamentals, the game is fantastic. Movement has improvement, physical momentum is better, the variety in the engine is unparalleled (and has been for years). Nobody can deny the complexity and variety of what the game can produce.

But for as long as the extreme 1v1 focus exists within the AI to the point of what you can see in the tweet, there is simply no midfield, and barely a defence. (If you're not seeing that, well, after spending hours playing last night, I really don't know how.)

So much of what makes a game "fun" is subjective, but being given shooting opportunities without having to pick the right passes and unpick the "puzzle" of an AI that presses and limits your progression without you having to be clever (not a genius or anything, I'm not talking about games where you have one shot each after 90 minutes, but just having to work to create opportunities)...

Is it not boring for every offline player to shoot over and over again without putting effort into it? Maybe it's not. But to be blunt, I'm a terrible player, and yet I'm having no issues scoring multiple goals per half, every game. The fact that only one AI player will engage you and the others all stand off means a couple of fast-passes and you're in on goal, just like FIFA 22, so it's not an "early beta" issue. That being the case, anyone who's remotely decent at the game and wants a challenge from the AI... I don't see how it can happen. The core 1v1 focus just won't allow it.
Like I said so far my experience is different. I usually play with mid class teams and also turn player difficulty on so that the other team has two outstanding players and so far I am having fun and my shot total seems pretty normal. One game I lost even 2:0. So definitely a different experience. Don't know if I am just playing a different style but for me it seems more difficult then 22 so far. Maybe see it differen after more games but that is my impression.

Outside of the fundamentals, the game is fantastic.
Nice! Coz who gives a fuck about fundamentals of the sport that the game is supposed to represent! :LOL:
Fouls? Boring.
Injuries? Not my cup of tea!
Tactics? Meh.
Defence? Booooooring!
AI? How dare they!

Mortal Kombat combo moves and missile shots! Now thats what Im talking about! If they only added flaming balls and ability to break and burn the net!
Now that would be some next gen!

Injuries? Not my cup of tea!

Already had an injury in one game where the player got injured without the opponent tackling him, just by running. Don't know if they had that in 22 but really liked seeing that and hope it means they have a better injury frequency.

Already had an injury in one game where the player got injured without the opponent tackling him, just by running. Don't know if they had that in 22 but really liked seeing that and hope it means they have a better injury frequency.
They did, yeah. In Beta. Never seen it after.

Yeah it happened if players were fatigued late on in a match after they sprint or were tackled.

Like @Emroth says, I've seen this once early in 22's lifecycle and then never again - possibly patched to remove the likelihood of it happening shortly after release. That kind of detail brings a smile to my face, though.

One of the other 1v1 focus side-effects is that players so rarely come into physical contact with each other that there are very rarely fouls, let alone injuries. Unfortunately I'm still only seeing fouls when they're deliberate and aggressive slides, rather than shoulder-to-shoulder and/or standing-tackle fouls and injuries. I'm guessing this is to "keep the game flowing" which once again means offline players just have to sacrifice one of the biggest parts of the sport, for the sake of it being tuned to be an eSport.

Back
Top Bottom