FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

Urgh - I'm trying not to be too negative. But honestly, what's the point in all the bells and whistles when the gameplay still looks like your trying to control blow up dolls in the wind?

Plus - I bet whatever team you play as will end up being doped up to the eyeballs on all those green boosts after 5 minutes and you'll just end up being able to smash everyone

So they simply continue to add fut features to the career mode. All these rpg traits and stadium create things were already in fut. I really got excited when I heard "Alex Hunter like player career" and "budget management" rumors but different year same FIFA same EA. They just don't give a f*ck with career mode.

I’m not sure I can handle another year of tinkering around with the the sliders like a pointless mad scientist wasting his life*

*Tongue in cheek - not a slight to the absolute heroes who toil tirelessly with these games to make them remotely playable

Last edited:
Okay, so many new features that are only interesting for player career mode. For the normal career mode they have done following things:

- new menu
- playable highlights (not my favorite but a nice addition)
- evaluation of your transfers (great feature... not)
- authentic managers

That's it or missed I anything?

Its pretty meh tbh. They've run out of ideas and add a bunch of half cooked shit to see what sticks

I would trade 15 new features to just get a better AI defense
Couldnt care less about these RPG traits and whatnot

5:27. Christ, just look at that shit, actually gives me motion sickness. How after all these years have they still not figured out inertia

5:27. Christ, just look at that shit, actually gives me motion sickness. How after all these years have they still not figured out inertia
Exact same twitching and instant turning nonsense from last year :( And I really hate these cartoon colours they've established for the series. No fancy nets can save this turd.

I am so disappointed with football games at this point that I don't even bother checking and reading these new gimmick features they are announcing. It's just sad.

Gameplay choice : "people" wants the game reactive. That's perhaps the thing that i hate the most since "Neo-Fifa 14".

Well, Fifa 16 tried to reproduce it for example (a bit) but it felt like it wasn't in the Ignite engine core.
So the inertia got approximatively the same effect if you're on a super speed run or basic speed run while turning: you get the same result. Kinda like PES 2011-13 algorithms added.

Ah yes the 17 if i remember got some inertia > removed.

That's one of the reason i've really got hard with Fifa since PS4, the physics/even football logics are neglected on the E-Sports profits, tweets and all yellers.
"It should stay a game" like if with inertia it's not a game :(
They trows the football and physics principle by the windows Fifa after Fifa, and at the final it doesn't even ressemble to something "normal" but like i already said "football EA in-universe".

Last edited:
Watched the first trailer and the career mode trailer.
what are the keeper doing?! 🤯 playing the “hands off the hot potato“ game?!
when I watched @Matt10 ’s first trailer analysis yesterday (spot on mate, thanks for the effort! 👏)… especially now I can’t unsee the stuff that is important to me, some football fundamentals.

Let’s see and feel for ourselves in a few weeks. I’ll surely be playing the trail.

Last edited:
Bet there won't be manager sackings (except your own).

And for the player career ,the everlasting contract and horrible transfer system won't be changed?

I haven't bought FIFA since 20 ,if there's any change to that ,those things needs to be changed ,and obviously a game that looks like football

Watched the first trailer and the career mode trailer.
what are the keeper doing?! 🤯 playing the “hands off the hot potato“ game?!
when I watched @Matt10 ’s first trailer analysis yesterday (spot on mate, thanks for the effort! 👏)… especially now I can’t unsee the stuff that is important to me, some football fundamentals.

Let’s see and fell for ourselves in a few weeks. I’ll surely be playing the trail.
Yes exactly what I'm thinking. GK is so poor. I have seen only one block on the video.
Powershot seems overshited top😔
Trailer are not made for us, we see only goals and never World class defensive actions or a really good marking.
Hope for a bêta code🤞

Last edited:
Yes exactly what I'm thinking. GK is so pour. I have seen one block on the video.
Powershot seems overshited top😔
Trailer are not made for us, we see only goals and never World class defensive actions or a really good marking.
Hope for a bêta code🤞
Fails! Near misses! Scrambled attempts….?! Where dafuq are they?!
Gimme all the flaws of football and combine that with the human mistakes wich as a result actually make football what it is! Edit: I have no emoticon to represent my current state.

that has always been my philosophy, even during the sunday league days. It’s not about who’s „better“ but more about who makes less mistakes. Could be wrong though.

It's only a trailer for career player who increase his stats. So no miss, no stop from GK.

I can only made my own opinion with EA play. This year it will be the full game on 27th September

These trailers have to be played in amateur difficulty. Its so weird , correct as someone mentioned above the goalkeepers are verys suspect, even the shots that they show I would say "that's keepers ball" and then the keeper fluffs it like if he was afraid of it.
At 2:41... that never happens even with the AI in '22... unless I guess the AI is in the dumbest difficulty, the defender even SLOWS down to let him thru!

I get this is all 2 months before release and they are showcasing added stuff but at the same time showcasing groundbreaking defensive stuff.

I just hope this is down to difficulty... its like the defenders are afraid of the ball... reminds me when my parents put me soccer at age 7 and they put me on defense

Trailers with Gameplay scenes are usually played on lower difficulties, especially in Sports games.

Important will be how the game will be on higher difficulties in Beta.

Back
Top Bottom