FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

It used to be the case if you change the setting in quick match it then carried through to career mode....
Doesn't work, I've tried it a few times. FIFA 21 and 22 on next gen consoles has pitch wear in Career Mode starting around October onwards.

It looks ridiculous too. It's a real immersion breaker and I'm amazed more people haven't pointed it out. Since when does the Etihad's pitch look like an 80s football field in November? Even League 1 and League 2 sides have pristine pitches all year round now.

Look at the state of this :LOL:

PITCH WEAR 1.jpeg

I do wonder if this 'cool feature' will still be present in FIFA 23 on PS5 & Series X?

Doesn't work, I've tried it a few times. FIFA 21 and 22 on next gen consoles has pitch wear in Career Mode starting around October onwards.

It looks ridiculous too. It's a real immersion breaker and I'm amazed more people haven't pointed it out. Since when does the Etihad's pitch look like an 80s football field in November? Even League 1 and League 2 sides have pristine pitches all year round now.

Look at the state of this :LOL:

View attachment 171019

I do wonder if this 'cool feature' will still be present in FIFA 23 on PS5 & Series X?
It's a bug but you can fixed it. I played on PS5 and Séries X and my save was started on October.

Play a single game, change the pitch to normal. Play and exit the game. When you will play a match, the pitch will be ok. I have never seen a bad pitch since I have done that🤞

Even League 1 and League 2 sides have pristine pitches all year round now.

Having spent the last season in League 1 that's definitely not true sadly, especially around winter!

1659165301065.png

That was our pitch at one point last season after a lot of rain (and didn't help we hired someone not experienced enough as head groundskeeper), a lot of other League 1 pitches were bad at times, but 100% agree with your point about top tier clubs (and Championship for the most part too).

It's a bug but you can fixed it. I played on PS5 and Séries X and my save was started on October.

Play a single game, change the pitch to normal. Play and exit the game. When you will play a match, the pitch will be ok. I have never seen a bad pitch since I have done that🤞
I’ve tried this, doesn’t work. When you say “play a pitch on normal”, it’s already set at normal in a ‘Kick Off’ match.

Can you capture a match in your save? I just don’t understand how I get pitch wear and you don’t?

Any news on whether they're planning some kind of basic editor this year?

Not having 4 or so Serie A teams sucks, but it sucks even more than you can't edit those god-awful cycling jerseys they use for them.

Last edited:
I’ve tried this, doesn’t work. When you say “play a pitch on normal”, it’s already set at normal in a ‘Kick Off’ match.

Can you capture a match in your save? I just don’t understand how I get pitch wear and you don’t?
Ok i will made a video mate😎
Look this one :

Or this one :

And a match in kick off mode :

Last edited:
Ok i will made a video mate😎
Look this one :

Or this one :

And a match in kick off mode :

Thanks mate appreciate you making the videos.

In that first one you’ve got patches of pitch wear.

The thing is, we don’t get pitch wear in Europa League or CL matches. And we also don’t get pitch wear in cup games which is why you’ve got a nice pitch for the Carabao cup game. Only league fixtures (for me) get the dreaded pitch wear and it gets worse as you get towards end of season.

Thanks mate appreciate you making the videos.

In that first one you’ve got patches of pitch wear.

The thing is, we don’t get pitch wear in Europa League or CL matches. And we also don’t get pitch wear in cup games which is why you’ve got a nice pitch for the Carabao cup game. Only league fixtures (for me) get the dreaded pitch wear and it gets worse as you get towards end of season.
You're welcome, evoweb spirtit :COOL:

I have done the tip in live
I have uploaded the video

I’m going to actually give a career another try on PS5 then! Thanks again mate, really appreciate it.
Let us know if it works. But something tells me it won't lol.. I mean..what is colour shade has to do with pitch wear..? Anyway..

Ni
Here's Episode 1 of my FIFA 23 Gameplay Deep-dive miniseries. Turned into a bit of a podcast (vodcast?), so apologize for the length. Enjoy!

Nice video. This is the stuff that the devs should really hear and not these thumbnailed gaped mouth FUT dumbasses lol. The thing is that these situations where the defender won't close down quick enough the attacker and instead give him time and space to shoot are done in purpose. Or the other ridiculous thing which happens in both football games where a defender many times follows the attacker far too deep instead of keeping the line and get the attacker offside. All these happen so more chances will be created and more goals will be scored. They know that there is no football logic in that decisions but they allow it because in the end of the day it's a 10-12 minute match in a videogame and it needs to have enough ''entertainment'' in that short time..

I mean..i get it to a point if you look it from that perspective..but still it has to be implemented in a balanced way and not so blatantly obvious where you see the defender sprinting back to keep the attacker onside like he has no idea what an offside is..Just so the kid can have an extra chance and score an extra goal..

Anyway..i guess we will see in two months..The thing i liked was seeing Mount dribbling and changing direction by making these mini steps in the trailer..It kinda reminded me this thing that was implemented in eFootball with the ministeps but in a more smooth and responsive way..It gives a feel of weight and inertia to the player instead of making him feel like a weightless cockroach like on previous Fifas..Of course it needs to be well balanced so the player won't feel too unresponsive..But all these nice details can vanish after some patches like we all know for years now..It always happens and i don't see why it wouldn't happen this year also..When these idiots start to complain that the game is slow or sluggish or too realistic or whatever..it's 99% sure that EA will revert it back to a pure arcady state..Maybe this new dribbling feel will be so heavily implemented that they won't be able to remove it with patches even if they want to..I hope that's the case..But that's what i thought about Hypermotion last year also..and after some patches it almost felt like it never existed..

If you look on youtube comments in the trailer there are thousands likes on comments that say ''Don't change the game with patches..keep it realistic'' etc.. And of course there are the dumbasses who reply something like ''No bruh they should make it fast fam slow gameplay is trash bruh'' and all that shit..But many people want a more realistic approach..So why can't we get it..? Because of pros moaning..?(who are not even a 0.01% of the playerbase..) Because of kids wanting to have many chances and scoring lots of goals..? Probably a combination of both..Or maybe just because Canadians don't know football..lol

I'll wait to test it for 10 hours when the EA access offer for 1$ comes out near the release date like last year..I hope we will see good things but we've all said this before and have seen how things turned out..As long as there are these shitty patches that can come out anytime and butcher the game..you can never feel safe for it's longevity even if it's good in the beginning..

If you look on youtube comments in the trailer there are thousands likes on comments that say ''Don't change the game with patches..keep it realistic'' etc..

Sorry offline guys, but those comments perhaps make less sense than the fut comments (at least they ask for something specific: "make it faster").

But if the response to this:

1659251728140.png

...is "don't change the game with patches ... keep it realistic" I can bet my house on 2 things:

1) The game will be unrealistic crap.
2) It won't be the Live Team who ruined it, it was crap from the very beginning.

Saying that this is realistic just validates all EA's design choices & they are actually doing a fantastic job making football games. Konami are doing a great job too, some people think it's realistic. And this is why we're doomed: They don't have to make a realistic game, they just need enough people to believe that it is, and people are setting the bar extremely low for them.

Last edited:
Let us know if it works. But something tells me it won't lol.. I mean..what is colour shade has to do with pitch wear..? Anyway..
It doesn’t work, just tried it :(

@saturator I followed the steps in your video. But Villa Park pitch, in March, has patches of dirt all over it.

And then when I go back to Kick Off mode, the pitch colour selector has gone back to default.

very weird. (Maybe we should take this to FIFA 22 thread?)

It doesn’t work, just tried it :(

@saturator I followed the steps in your video. But Villa Park pitch, in March, has patches of dirt all over it.

And then when I go back to Kick Off mode, the pitch colour selector has gone back to default.

very weird. (Maybe we should take this to FIFA 22 thread?)
Yes very strange😕. Put it on FIFA 22 topic, you will have maybe a fix for your problem. I've made 5 games yerterday, and the pitch was green.

Sorry offline guys, but those comments perhaps make less sense than the fut comments (at least they ask for something specific: "make it faster").

But if the response to this:

View attachment 171404

...is "don't change the game with patches ... keep it realistic" I can bet my house on 2 things:

1) The game will be unrealistic crap.
2) It won't be the Live Team who ruined it, it was crap from the very beginning.

Saying that this is realistic just validates all EA's design choices & they are actually doing a fantastic job making football games. Konami are doing a great job too, some people think it's realistic. And this is why we're doomed: They don't have to make a realistic game, they just need enough people to believe that it is, and people are setting the bar extremely low for them.
When they say ''don't change it keep it realistic'' they obviously mean the pace and the overall feel of movement and rhythm that becomes far more arcady after the patches..That is the most obvious difference that most people can tell and that's where they reffer to when they say this..But i think that you already know that..you just had to comment anyway didn't you..?

The gaps in those spaces is another topic..Which is also very important of course..And don't think people don't notice it or don't mention it..They talk about it even on Reddit and even many FUT players don't like the braindead midfielders who won't track back in the last 1-2 years. But also many of them think that the AI should never involve and that players should stand there like cones until you control them because otherwise..it's ''AI defending'' and it's the satan's child..For most of these shit i blame the streamers..without them these sheep wouldn't even talk about this shit..

I'm watching FIFA 22 and FIFA 23 trailer gameplay. The speed of FIFA 23 is clearly slower. When you look at the animations of controling the ball, make a shoot, a dribble, take advantage to make a header, we can some new animations, with more decomposition of the move, more foot planting.
I didn't know who said that in the topic, but it's look harder in this FIFA 23 to cut some animations to have better responsivness.
Maybe I wrong.
If like all the last FIFA, the game speeds up at night, we can have an answer quickly.🤞

Happy Career Mode Trailer Day.

Let's see what old features they're bringing back this year!

My biggest wish would actually be an old feature - an option for a simple player search. I don't have time for that tedious scouting system these days.

The biggest feature will be that you can manage a club with authentic managers. A feature that the PC community enabled years ago so it's not that hard to implement it. But yeah, I hope there will be some more things but at the end they will use the possibilities they have in the same way as always.

Happy Career Mode Trailer Day.

Let's see what old features they're bringing back this year!

My biggest wish would actually be an old feature - an option for a simple player search. I don't have time for that tedious scouting system these days.
I Hope to see on tranfer market the search by global stats. You have this when you make the list of players for a national team, so it's not normal.

I hope a better scooting system with more interactions, more options on GM with having more staff, sponsors archievements, etc...

I Hope to see on tranfer market the search by global stats. You have this when you make the list of players for a national team, so it's not normal.

I hope a better scooting system with more interactions, more options on GM with having more staff, sponsors archievements, etc...

Staffing should be a feature for sure.

Scouting definitely needs an overhaul. Same with the youth scouting. It's just so tedious as it is and has remained largely unchanged for years now.

The biggest feature will be that you can manage a club with authentic managers. A feature that the PC community enabled years ago so it's not that hard to implement it. But yeah, I hope there will be some more things but at the end they will use the possibilities they have in the same way as always.

Yes this is what worries me, that their main feature is something so shallow. But that's where we are in the world of FIFA! Gerrard (at least I think it's supposed to be Gerrard) looks awful in their promotional images, which is a shaky start.

Is it me or is every "fix" to every gameplay issue needlessly "gamified" to avoid the obvious fix?

What I mean is... For example, to make defending stronger, they are suggesting non-AI blocks are a stronger tool, cos you can now perform manual blocks using a button-combo.

There are so many elements like this where, instead of taking the realism route, they add a stupid gimmick that requires you to remember yet another fucking combination.

Just let my player block the ball for me if I position him well enough, using his attributes, and let the deflection be based on physics, NOT my button timing. (But apply this to SO MANY other things - e.g. when you win a tackle, whether you keep the ball or not should be physics-based, not simply "you won a tackle and it would be unfair if you didn't keep the ball, don't cry". It's pathetic.)

As always, I've dropped a tweet to try and give EA the slightest bit of awareness of what Career Mode players want.

Also...

In the build-up to these videos, didn't they say Hypermotion footage was now taken from real-life matches to increase the realism? But these promotional videos all suggest they've recorded more amateur matches, right? Or have I missed something?
There’s a big issue with that as well, players will never give their 100% like in a real match in order to not get injured
I’ve always wondered how that worked e.g. like in Fifa 18 when they captured Ronaldo sprinting
Therefore, all movements are not 100% natural like in the game itself
However I’m curious for Fifa 23 on PC, finally next gen, something fresh to play at least

Back
Top Bottom