FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

And the big news, people, i managed to edit locale.ini testing ingame with some code lines. I will test few days for different gameplay codes implementation.

Nice :)

I was curious if there's any way to alter the sound balance in locale.ini, it's annoying that there's no stadium announcer audio slider now so the announcer gets drowned out by the crowd or the commentary, ideally I want something like Stadium announcer 10, Commentary 9, crowd noise 8/7.

Picked this up in the Steam sale. £29.99 (+ a £5 PayPal credit). The kind of price I'm prepared to pay for a "legacy" version of the game.
Same here, Just picked it up via Green Man Gaming for £26.99. I enjoyed what I played on PS4 but I can't turn down the prospect of enhancing this game through some of the promising mods.

TUTORIAL:
With Fifa editor tool (thanks to Fifer) open Broadcasting/Attribsys/Broadcasting/gameplay_camera_settings. There you will find global settings for ingame cameras. Now, open the desired cam and there there are 2 factors: gamecam_height_mod_increment and gamecam_zoom_mod_increment.
These 2 factors are related to the camera settings in the game on a scale of 1 to 20 and with each stadium value, and can be changed according to everyone's taste, however do not forget that they can influence the height and zoom depending on the settings of each stadium. You can take my settings as a reference and then change them as you wish. Save as a new project and mod, then load with Fifa mod manager. Start a match and go to settings/camera sliders and "play" with them. That`s all. Again, thanks to Fifer for FET & FMM.
Is there any chance you could share this camera mod, I followed your instructions, exported and reimported using the mod tool and it didn't affect the camera sliders unfortunately.

Brought it today to update the roommate rivalry but to be honest we were better off just sticking with FIFA 19. It's the same game but with more realistic ball physics and better weight to the players with some nice additions like player runs and shots rise nicely unlike before floaty nonsense.

I'm going to pursue thorough all the usual EA bullshit throught this season as there's no other choice for my football current season fix. PES is all classics now till next season at the earliest and World Cup. I have a nostalgic feeling about this FIFA as it may be the last of it's generation, while this is a better effort for me in a day of fun than anything in the last 4-5 years. EA there is NO FUTURE for this gameplay engine. The need to rebuild from scratch, no matter what you implement the players will forever glide across the pitch, headers will always float in a unatural phýsics breaking way and so on until you go back to what made FIFA 09 and 10 so groundbreaking which was FREEDOM! Everything is soooo on rails.

I like how the tricks have evolved over the years, this will be important for me to get the most artistic enjoyment from this game. That Volta stuff is only tolerable on full manual but I can't stomach the alien gliding. I may have to settle with taking a League 1 team to glory and buying as many tricksters as possible to see what I can do on manual in this game. Assisted/semi for online stuff, casual etc...

Of course, you can play and test directly with fifa editor tool, d9nt forget to save fist then launch game with mods. Enjoy.

Is it me the only one that experiences truble while customizing the manager at the beginning of a career?

Sometimes the selection gets "stuck" on an item and there's no way to move the cursor from there. Pressing up, down, left or right makes the selection move but it immediately comes back to the "cursed" item.

This is gamebreaking at the moment (I can't proceed further than that, I need to reboot the game and hope it doesn't happen anymore).
As far as I know it used to happen also in older Frostbite games (FIFA 20 I think) but it got fixed somehow.

Wireless Xbox 360 controller here if it matters. Only FIFER's realism mod enabled but I highly doubt it's due to that honestly.

I picked this up at Origin for 46% off the price yesterday. It was my second purchase of Fifa 22. The first one was a physical disk for Series X, which is useless for my Series S, and it is waiting for my future Series X.
I had already experienced all version of Fifa 22 via EA Play included in Game Pass Ultimate TBH.
I think PC version also worth buying. It's good in terms of both graphics-wise and gameplay-wise.

I picked this up at Origin for 46% off the price yesterday. It was my second purchase of Fifa 22. The first one was a physical disk for Series X, which is useless for my Series S, and it is waiting for my future Series X.
I had already experienced all version of Fifa 22 via EA Play included in Game Pass Ultimate TBH.
I think PC version also worth buying. It's good in terms of both graphics-wise and gameplay-wise.
Yeah for me, this is the first FIFA I've bright since 19 so it feels very fresh to me & looks fantastic so even though I'm playing on PC, It feels next gen in a way, especially when I'm used to playing older football games & PES 2021 for the past 2 years.

It really shows especially in the cosmetics, the presentation & the immersion, just how vast of an experience this game is out of the box compared to the rival.

Yeah for me, this is the first FIFA I've bright since 19 so it feels very fresh to me & looks fantastic so even though I'm playing on PC, It feels next gen in a way, especially when I'm used to playing older football games & PES 2021 for the past 2 years.

It really shows especially in the cosmetics, the presentation & the immersion, just how vast of an experience this game is out of the box compared to the rival.

Yes, PC version has the graphics option, and if the settings maxed out, it looks very nice and feels next gen in a way.

I recommend with confidence Higher Visual Fidelity // Title Update 3 https://www.fifaplanet.de/showthread.php/55458-Mods-by-FIFA-Moddign-Group
But nowadays there are other factors that we can use, for example the monitor settings / modes, or Reshade with its own settings according to everyone's taste.
Thanks pal, I'll definitely try it!

I'm also interested in this (haven't tried it yet though): http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/next-gen-goalnet-physics.6470066/
As far as I can see, having applied the "live tuning" patch means that I'd be out of luck with it (hopefully I still have the "clean" TU3 folder somewhere though).

Y'all know what?

This game definitely isn't perfect. Sometimes I still have the random "what the Hell is this?" or "how on Earth could this happen?" feeling (not that I don't have it with PES, anyway) but all in all it's pretty good, better than I thought it would be.
I'm basically playing the "vanilla" TU3 version to which I added a very limited selection of mods and tweaks (it's following), and I am enjoying it. What I have installed right now:
I never thought I would say this, after FIFA 21, but... Well done, EA. Well done.

I am wondering whether I should get FIFA 22 for PC, only because of the Career Mode. Do you know if the bugs are fixed with youth players having noddle arms and not having numbers on their kits?

I am wondering whether I should get FIFA 22 for PC, only because of the Career Mode. Do you know if the bugs are fixed with youth players having noddle arms and not having numbers on their kits?
They should be fixed in FIFER's mod, yes (even in the "Lite" version I posted above).
If you don't wish to install FIFER's mod, you may want to try this (which is a "focused" fix that only addresses those very issues): http://soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/skinny-noodles-arms-no-number-fix.6469979/

It is quite sad, that even months after release Users were able to fix the bugs, but EA itself doesn't seem to be interessted at all.

Y'all know what?

This game definitely isn't perfect. Sometimes I still have the random "what the Hell is this?" or "how on Earth could this happen?" feeling (not that I don't have it with PES, anyway) but all in all it's pretty good, better than I thought it would be.
I'm basically playing the "vanilla" TU3 version to which I added a very limited selection of mods and tweaks (it's following), and I am enjoying it. What I have installed right now:
I never thought I would say this, after FIFA 21, but... Well done, EA. Well done.
I'm na bit confused as I'm more used to the typical datapack/patch format of PES...

... What the hell is a Tuning update? I presume the TU3 is the actual game patch right?

I'm na bit confused as I'm more used to the typical datapack/patch format of PES...

... What the hell is a Tuning update? I presume the TU3 is the actual game patch right?
As far as I know, it's a "quick fix" that addresses some of the issues in the title update, without being a title update itself:
https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/614760/fifa-22-live-tuning-update-2

Much like what the PES 2021 patch 1.07.01 compared to patch 1.07.00, I guess.

As many others, coming from PES, I bought yesterday the Origin version of FIFA 22 for 29.69 Euros from CDKeys.
Unfortunately my gamepad is not recognized by the game...(working fine in PES)
I tried the x360ce fix but still...
Is there another fix or a recommended gamepad that works for sure with FIFA?

As many others, coming from PES, I bought yesterday the Origin version of FIFA 22 for 29.69 Euros from CDKeys.
What controller are you using?

I had this issue too with my PS4 controller using DS4Windows. It works fine on everything else but buggered up on this game.

What I did was go to Profiles/Controls/Other and set emulated controller to DualShock 4

1638204739864.png

Save that as a profile, Mine is "PS4"

Then, go to settings and select "Hide DS4 Controller"

1638204842099.png

And that should allow the game to recognise your controller for some strange reason.

What controller are you using?

I had this issue too with my PS4 controller using DS4Windows. It works fine on everything else but buggered up on this game.

What I did was go to Profiles/Controls/Other and set emulated controller to DualShock 4

View attachment 134276

Save that as a profile, Mine is "PS4"

Then, go to settings and select "Hide DS4 Controller"

View attachment 134277

And that should allow the game to recognise your controller for some strange reason.
I have a Speedlink Thunderstrike generic gamepad, it works fine with PES

I found a tutorial to fix the PS4 controller bug. Something to do with enabling controller support in steam.

Anyway. I will give myself time to get back used to FIFA. There are mode and sliders to get the best out if this as from the matches I have played on legendary yesterday were shit with the vanilla assisted controls, game speed etc.

The realism in gameplay is better than FIFA 09 but not good enough to give me anything close to what I get from PES, however method i play this will be for fun and chill, even when I dive back into manual. This engine's physics are permanently shit, passing using the R1 modifiers is better and you can do some sexy crossfield passes finally but the physics make the game feel like in back on FIFA 06 or 07. The ball carries no physics momentum still, the game is heavily on rails.

A big disappointment is defending for the user and the AI. Just jockey and close down the central passing lanes and shooting angles to stop the AI golden sweetspot shoot search attacks. Now 13-14 years on this engine first built for the PS3/360 and the AI still can't play football, they glide around searching for sweetspots to score the same goals from, same as every year. Nothing anyone can do to fix these critical flaws so it's a task to make the best out of what we have and there is a lot in this game. I had a FIFA 07 like stupid, fun, silly match using A.C. Milan in Champions League with a 3-4 end to end game. An elastico featured pre assist from Zlatan.

The main objective for me in this game will be beautiful goals! Vs games are fun. I will have add all you guys on steam so we can do some full manual matches sometime over Christmas or earlier.

Try world of joysticks app

https://worldofjoysticks.com/

Back
Top Bottom