FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

@Placebo EEP does not integrate into an ongoing career mod save. It uses it's own squads. When you start a new career mode make sure you select use current squads.
This. After installing EEP your career save would be unusable... But I still feel it's definitely worth the price of starting a new one.

The only downside is that I had to update to TU 3.1 to use it (with TU3 the main mod would work, but there would be no logos for added teams and no minikits).
Not that I feel much difference between TU 3 and TU 3.1 to be honest, but it's there. It's something subtle that I can't really put my finger on.

Should it get worse over time with TUs now I know I do have a TU 3 folder with Realism Mod Lite and a TU 3.1 folder with EEP to choose from (both of them with the Higher Visual Fidelity mod applied). 😁

By the way, does anyone experience the bug that I mentioned earlier while creating the manager at the beginning of the career mode? As far as I can see it hasn't been fixed yet in TU 3.1... And I doubt they'll ever fix it knowing that it's a single player issue.
If anyone of you is experiencing it, it looks like there's a better chance to "avoid" it idf launching the game in the DirectX 11 mode (don't ask me why).
It would still happen from time to time, but apparently less frequently than when you run the game in DX 12 mode.

I wanted to ask your thoughts on what to do to get the gameplay back to the October version as I have completed my FIFA refreshment on Legendary/Ultimate to win the UCL with an average A.C. Milan side, don't ask how many reloads it took lol.

I found putting it on slow is essential for a respectable match, on normal speed it's Ice Hockey, zero midfield, sweet spot search game for me and the AI. The AI is as usual self on legendary and ultimate, they only look for whatever sweet spot they can find to score either a cutback, top corner strike from the edge or outside the box. To defend its a case of just holding either real bumper trigger to either slow or fast jockey with contain to stop the AI from finding a sweet spot. Also you have to spend time giving instructions to players defensively so they actually track the AI a little bit, usually they just stand around, back off and give the AI so much space and and still not driect man marking available at all in FIFA.

Now at some point to find a balance on to play full manual as there's no way I'm playing manual without gameplay/slider changes, will look at Matt10s work and the PES 2021 Style stuff.

One thing I respect about this game and legendary/ultimate is it's really hard. I liked the challenge. It's not football though. It's FIFAball. It's nice EA make an effort to set the bug teams up with their real life strategies, problem is it doesn't feel as if this personality means anything as all teams just score the same goals from the same sweetspots.

The issue I have is Now I'm comfortable again playing on the highest level, how do I get that challenge feeling I have on manual without playing FIFAball and finding the most enjoyable method the play despite the core flaws.
I'm not sure how to get the gameplay from October. Perhaps some of the mods that are available might help, but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, the pro players got what they wanted.

The defending in this game has become shambolic. Getting a clean sheet is nearly impossible. The only thing I do like are the gameplay sliders. It doesn't change the gameplay, but it does mitigate some of the issues. It's similar to how the gameplay mods for PES 2021 help mitigate some of the gameplay issues in the vanilla version.

I tried online seasons for the first time on PC last night, but I kept getting disconnected half way through the first half in most matches. Is this a known issue on the PC version with online stability, or are players just quitters on PC?

It's definitely not my Internet connection as it's perfect in every other multiplayer game I play.

Also, every match is against bloody PSG & all anyone wants to do is sprint and do the jerky stop start dribbling exploit in the box 🙄.

Problem is no one wants to play as anything but 5 star teams.

I tried online seasons for the first time on PC last night, but I kept getting disconnected half way through the first half in most matches. Is this a known issue on the PC version with online stability, or are players just quitters on PC?

It's definitely not my Internet connection as it's perfect in every other multiplayer game I play.

Also, every match is against bloody PSG & all anyone wants to do is sprint and do the jerky stop start dribbling exploit in the box 🙄.

Problem is no one wants to play as anything but 5 star teams.
I have played over 50 games with 4-4.5 star teams. I think there are more people using below 5 star teams as more people get bored of PSG.
Problem is almost nobody plays online season anyways, it says online player number and its like 1.2k at most on peak. While steam concurrent users are about 45k and also much more if you count origin-only users. So its about ~0.5% of total online players are playing this mode.

Hi
How is Fifa 22 on PC? My last was Fifa 18 and a lot 20, I am going to play career, at level WC/Leg. Is Fifa 22 good on PC, or it is waste my cash? I know I can play Fifa 21 on EA Play and wait for better prize or wait until Fifa 23, will be next gen? Who knows.

Hello any solution for the FMM??It has been charging for more than 3 hours and does not start but when applying the Mods it says Launching Game. Does anyone know if it is due to lack of a dll or something else. Uninstall FIFA 22 and repair it 4 times and at Applying Mods doesn't work. If I start the FMM without Mods it starts right away without problems. Thank you.

Hi
How is Fifa 22 on PC? My last was Fifa 18 and a lot 20, I am going to play career, at level WC/Leg. Is Fifa 22 good on PC, or it is waste my cash? I know I can play Fifa 21 on EA Play and wait for better prize or wait until Fifa 23, will be next gen? Who knows.

I'm loving it but I'm happy to tweak the sliders until I find a balance that works :)

Hi
How is Fifa 22 on PC? My last was Fifa 18 and a lot 20, I am going to play career, at level WC/Leg. Is Fifa 22 good on PC, or it is waste my cash?
I think it's a good step forward, compared to FIFA 21 (I didn't like 21 that much to be honest, to the point I used to prefer 20 to 21... So that's not a big surprise for me)...
To be honest, though, I feel that 22 is a step forward compared to 20, too.
With the right mods (for example EEP or Realism Mod Lite) an the right sliders it's definitely worth playing.

About sliders: you may want to try the current gen sliders by our man Anth James or the OS community sliders as a base for example, and then expand from there if you feel it's needed (I'm using 'GK ability' as an example here: once you get the hang of how it plays, keepers may start to feel little too inconsistent at default, and let shots in that you feel should be deflected instead... You may want to raise the 'GK ability' slider for the AI a little in that case).

I really considered today to buy Fifa because its on Sale, but this Game looks so bad on PC...
It looks like Football Manager. Are there any good Graphic Mods?

Last edited:
I really considered today to buy Fifa because its on Sale, but this Game looks so bad on PC...
It looks like Football Manager. Are there any good Graphic Mods?
There are mods from esim that makes the player models look a bit better. There's also mods out there that enhance the turf, but that is as far as I know.

I know that 'Out of Focus' of replay scene looks very cheapy in Fifa, but it doesn't really bother me.(IMO).
It's a kind of realism of broadcasting camera, failed one though. :))

Karim-Benzema-przedluzy-kontrakt-z-Realem.jpg

The game's lighting and material realism is ass, especially since the frostbite engine. Lighting on PS4 PES games looked much better, the player skins and the way the cloths reflected lights looked realistic.

On the other hand, fifa's cloth wrinkles look top notch.

But lighting makes current fifa games look so ugly and cartoonish. Fifa rtwc 06, 08, 10,11,12 had much better lighting. Heck, even 15's day light matches looked visually pleasing compared to current ones that looks like cartoon.

But one thing is for sure, the trailer that we saw for fifa 14 never became a thing and the game still doesn't look as good as that trailer, and its been 8 years.

Last edited:
The game's lighting and material realism is ass, especially since the frostbite engine. Lighting on PS4 PES games looked much better, the player skins and the way the cloths reflected lights looked realistic.

On the other hand, fifa's cloth wrinkles look top notch.

But lighting makes current fifa games look so ugly and cartoonish. Fifa rtwc 06, 08, 10,11,12 had much better lighting. Heck, even 15's day light matches looked visually pleasing compared to current ones that looks like cartoon.

But one thing is for sure, the Grostbite engine trailer that we saw for fifa 14 never became a thing and the game still doesn't look as good as that trailer, and its been 8 years.
I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the pitches starting to look terrible on 21 and 22 CG once the NG version came out and is much better in that regard. I’m almost certain they did it to make NG look better.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the pitches starting to look terrible on 21 and 22 CG once the NG version came out and is much better in that regard. I’m almost certain they did it to make NG look better.

Yeah, obviously.

Look at fifa 2001-2005 ps1 ports

2008-2014 ps2 ports

14-19 ps3 ports.

They all look significantly uglier than the sequels in the same platform.

Hopefully the next pc port will be at least next gen.

Yeah, I also have a gripe with how the pitch is in FIFA 22 for PC but hey, it plays kinda good and it's the most important thing for me.
Still can't tell if it's better than FIFA 20 (which I re-discovered and which I found myself liking pretty much lately), but it's surely better than 21.

Look at fifa 2001-2005 ps1 ports

2008-2014 ps2 ports

14-19 ps3 ports.
Wait, we're talking about different things here though... We're talking PC here.

FIFA from 2001 to 2005 was never a PS1 port on PC, it was on par with PS2.
Of course the PS1 versions of the game were worse than the PS2/PC ones, no one would have ever thought otherwise.

The same goes for FIFA 08 to FIFA 14: of course PS2 versions were not on par with PS3 ones.
This time it also applies to PC to some extent: 08 was PS2 all the way, 09 and 10 were a sort of hybrid... FIFA 11 for PC was just FIFA 10 PS3 with updated rosters and assets... But 2012 and 2013 were on par with PS3.

Hopefully the next pc port will be at least next gen.
Oh well, hopefully.
I'd rather have a current-gen game that plays good (like FIFA 22) than a next-gen game that doesn't, but if it plays good and it has next-gen graphics and features, it's surely better.

On the other hand (but I know it's not the PES thread, this) I really couldn't stand the way Konami treated PES 2015 to 2017 on PC because hey, releasing a stripped down version of the game (even worse, visually, than PES 2014) and mocking the PC crowd for it... Well, that was totally disrespectful.

Wait, we're talking about different things here though... We're talking PC here.

FIFA from 2001 to 2005 was never a PS1 port on PC, it was on par with PS2.
Of course the PS1 versions of the game were worse than the PS2/PC ones, no one would have ever thought otherwise.

The same goes for FIFA 08 to FIFA 14: of course PS2 versions were not on par with PS3 ones.
This time it also applies to PC to some extent: 08 was PS2 all the way, 09 and 10 were a sort of hybrid... FIFA 11 for PC was just FIFA 10 PS3 with updated rosters and assets... But 2012 and 2013 were on par with PS3.

What I meant was that once they start working on next gen versions, the ports they make for their older generation consoles look significantly worse than the previous games on that same old gen platform. I didn't specify this in my post because the dude I was replying to already knew the context.

Like fifa 1998 ps1 looked so much better than fifa 2005 ps1 port.

fifa 14 ps2 port looks dull and ugly compared to fifa 07,06, 05,04 ps2 port[with 05 and 04 even having "3d grass" on ps2].

Fifa 2004 pc port was lacking graphical effects from ps2 and xbox. The lighting was completely dark and dull unlike ps2 and xbox.
Fifa 2001-2008- every single pc port of these games had missing graphical features. Some of them worse than others:

Here's comparison of Fifa 2001-2008 pc ports against ps2 and xbox [ps2 for fifa 2001, 02 and 08 since these three didn't had xbox port]

Fifa 2001 pc port: [Against ps2]
-Missing dynamic hair animation
-Missing dynamic flag shadows on the pitch
-Missing depth of field
-Downgraded lens flare
-No true fog effects

+Higher res grass texture

Fifa 2002, 2002 world cup pc port:
-Missing depth of field
-No actual fog
-Downgraded lens flare

Fifa 2003 pc port:
-No DOF
-Completely downgraded ugly looking lighting on player models

Fifa 2004 pc port:
-Downgraded lighting and players and pitch aren't being lit correctly
-Missing specular effects
-No DOF

+Better LOD from gameplay camera

Fifa 2005 pc port:
-Specular effects missing
-No DOF
-Mow pattern seam bug

+Better LOD
+3D grass visibility range increased

Fifa 2006, 2006 world cup pc port:
-3D grass removed on pc
-No DOF
-No bloom

+Better LOD
+Specular effects finally added back on pc

Fifa 2007:
-Mow pattern seam bug
-3D grass still missing

+Depth of field finally added on pc

Fifa 2008: [Against ps2]
-Football itself is not lit. It's completely shaded flat [the default balls, some of the unlockable bals are lit correctly]
-Depth of field doesn't work anymore
-Mow pattern seam bug

As for fifa 12 and 13, the cloth wrinkles on pc port aren't rendered correctly and is inverted instead. Didn't look like that big of a downgrade but it goes to show, there is no quality control from EA's end.

Lets not talk about fifa10 pc. They made fifa 09 which looked decent and then decided to just fuck it and uglify fifa 10 for some reason I will never understand.

Oh well, hopefully.
I'd rather have a current-gen game that plays good (like FIFA 22) than a next-gen game that doesn't, but if it plays good and it has next-gen graphics and features, it's surely better.

If it's not on par with next gen consoles. I skip, plain and simple. Case closed for me.

The biggest step back this year in the PC version technically speaking for me is the physics, and in that I refer to the amount of times the ball is clipping through the players, scored a goal earlier where the ball clipped through my players left foot as he struck it with his right, and we're not talking just the outer edges of the ball, the whole left foot/ankle was inside the ball as he struck it with his right foot, absolutely shocking!

I seem to have a problem changing manager hair and outfits .. I cannot scroll through the options ... any suggestions ??

I seem to have a problem changing manager hair and outfits .. I cannot scroll through the options ... any suggestions ??
Is it this what you're experiencing? Welcome to the club...
Is it me the only one that experiences truble while customizing the manager at the beginning of a career?
Sometimes the selection gets "stuck" on an item and there's no way to move the cursor from there. Pressing up, down, left or right makes the selection move but it immediately comes back to the "cursed" item.

From what I see it's pretty much random, it also happens to me pretty often.
I seemed to have more luck starting a career with Origin set to "offline" and the game launched in DirectX 11 mode but your mileage may vary.

Is it this what you're experiencing? Welcome to the club...

From what I see it's pretty much random, it also happens to me pretty often.
I seemed to have more luck starting a career with Origin set to "offline" and the game launched in DirectX 11 mode but your mileage may vary.
Cheers will try offline, direct 11 gives me a tearing graphic in the replays... many thanks 👍

Back
Top Bottom