FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

I have the terrible feeling that fouls are comptely gone with the update...
Is that a hands-on first impression or a general worry? Because if that turns out to be the case, if EA reverses the last patch, FIFA 22 will be pretty much done for me. There's a fabulous wealth of older FIFA titles I never played, not to mention the couple of PES/WE titles that I played less/never played for whatever reason, not to mention Waiting For eFootball – a lot is riding on EA not walking back that fouls patch. I sense I'm not the only PES refugee in that sort of place right now.

Is the patch live on PC?

I've played half a dozen or so matches today since the update and fouls are definitely still there :)

Ok, my bad then. I had a pair of games on pc after the update and had zero fouls for me and the CPU. They were several situations where I thought it could have been called before the update.

I've played half a dozen or so matches today since the update and fouls are definitely still there :)
Oh, thanks. I was starting to get kinda worried seeing @papinho81's post.
Downloading it right now, hopefully I'll be able to backup the game's folder tonight and restore it should they break anything single-player related down the road.

After all, for 48€ on Origin (it was branded as "loyalty offer: 20% off"), I thought I could give it a go.
Not even CDKeys could match such a price.

After a lot of time on console and (admittedly) only about 7 hours on PC, the PC version plays a more consistent and enjoyable game for me. I mean the overall experience stays around the 8/10 mark most of the time, with variations up and down only once or twice a session. The console version is crazily inconsistent for me, with the variation in experience much wilder and more frequent. I often finish a session on console a bit tired of it. I have never finished a PC session like that. Same settings on both. Is this a thing with the two platforms this year on FIFA?

Ok, my bad then. I had a pair of games on pc after the update and had zero fouls for me and the CPU. They were several situations where I thought it could have been called before the update.

I had fouls tonight including a red card for L. Suarez. My mistake before was probably to test in CL tournament with the competitor mode, the player based difficulty on (unintentionally).

After a lot of time on console and (admittedly) only about 7 hours on PC, the PC version plays a more consistent and enjoyable game for me. I mean the overall experience stays around the 8/10 mark most of the time, with variations up and down only once or twice a session. The console version is crazily inconsistent for me, with the variation in experience much wilder and more frequent. I often finish a session on console a bit tired of it. I have never finished a PC session like that. Same settings on both. Is this a thing with the two platforms this year on FIFA?

I also do like the PC version. It plays quite well compared to past iterations. The 1vs1 thing feels better balanced here than in 20 or 21. It is also nice to see the defence trying to hold a line, instead of almost systematically playing the player onside like in the NG version. They rarely drop lower than a few yards inside their own box, which leads to less intricate cpu play inside the box.
I also like the Shots/GKs balance better here. In the NG, I find the GKs are too often super humans, for the sake of keeping the score lines low.
I do find it is a bit too easy at time to cut inside and get a decent shooting opportunity, because the CBs will sometime let the center of the box empty (because they are marking someone else and the FB is the guy supposed to mark you, but he is already out of the race). That's something less common in the NG version.
It doesn't have hyper motion so you can see there is less transition and fluidity between animations (despite being may be a bit less skaty)

I do wish the pitch were green instead of grey though. I have the feeling it was made on purpose to make the difference between the NG and current version more striking. Hopefully it is only a matter of time before someone manage to mod it.

Last edited:
I only got to play a handful of matches yesterday and I think it's definitely a step forward if compared to FIFA 21 (which I really didn't like much) and, probably, even to FIFA 20 (which I've been rediscovering lately and with which I'm currently running a Benfica career).

I've played it with default sliders for now (6 min halves for now, full manual, against professional AI) and I like it.
Fouls are there (I had a match at West Ham which ended in me losing 4-2 and in them committing five fouls with three bookings), and the flow is good.
There are times in which keepers do things that I wouldn't expect (like rushing out when they shouldn't) and get caught out of position a little but all in all they're good.
I find it a little too easy hitting the opposition on a quick counter (probably the "awareness" thing that applies to the AI-controlled defenders on the player's team also applies to the defenders of the CPU team) and I don't score consistently just because I'm bad at finishing. Once I master the finishing I'll try World Class to see if it's any better.

Willing to try the current-gen slider set by @Anth James now to see the hidden potential of this game.

Ermmm my pitch is definitely green!
Mine is differently green.

Which is a nice way to say it's not.
But hey, finding balance in these things is usually difficult (I see it with turf mods for PES 2021 for example: once a pitch mod is released, user A wants it more saturated, user B would like it to be more yellow-ish, user C says that the lines should be thicker and so on) so I can see why different people have different feelings about it.

Hopefully mods for that will be available sooner or later, so anyone could download/import a pitch they feel happy with.

Mine is differently green.

Which is a nice way to say it's not.
But hey, finding balance in these things is usually difficult (I see it with turf mods for PES 2021 for example: once a pitch mod is released, user A wants it more saturated, user B would like it to be more yellow-ish, user C says that the lines should be thicker and so on) so I can see why different people have different feelings about it.

Hopefully mods for that will be available sooner or later, so anyone could download/import a pitch they feel happy with.
Its the same old story every year - washed out colours. I really don't know why EA can't sort it out once and for all.

Every year there are mods to fix it

Just in case you are wandering what gameplay files have been edited with the last patch, the FIFA Editor tool returns a list of EBX files that have been updated with every game update.
Thanks man!
And by the way, thanks for the suggestion about resetting the squads you gave me yesterday over at SG. 😉

I keep forgetting that you have to do so when installing a patch (no matter how small). 😭

If there would be a way to unpack PS5 .pkg Files that would be great. I really want to mess around with the PS5 and PC Files and see if Next-Gen is really not possible for PC.
Because i got a Fifa 22 PS5 Dump on my PC :D

Fifa.jpg

If there would be a way to unpack PS5 .pkg Files that would be great. I really want to mess around with the PS5 and PC Files and see if Next-Gen is really not possible for PC.
Because i got a Fifa 22 PS5 Dump on my PC :D

View attachment 131129
This file is readable only in PS5. FIFA 22 files are packed in CAS Files. So, if we can unpack pkg files and see how the files are packed or embedded, then we can come to the point. This 4 files are literally app's name, image, codename and game files.

I'm really enjoying the game with @6ons1 eSim mod. It really is an amazing mod and I'm loving it.
I'm using the broadcast camera zoomed right out but its really helping me when playing at WC and I'm more competitive then I previously was. Whats bugging me is the camera height and zoom changing with each stadium. Currently in my Spurs CM i'm using height 15, Zoom 8 and its perfect when playing at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium (looks similar to this)
1636453273492.png
I then play at West Brom and even with the camera height changed to 20 its far too low. I kinda get why EA change it between stadiums but I find it so annoying since I have to change the way I play and in some cases flip to the co-op camera. Hoping that 6onS1 can fix it

Does anyone find that 'kick off' matches play better than CM matches?

Something else that i don't see much mention of - dead ball situations. corners, goal kicks, free kicks all look identical. The speed and trajectory of the ball never seems to change and not just in this version but in all previous versions. Is it possible to change how a corner is played in? Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Corners in particular I find pretty floaty, do score from the odd one though, in real life only something like 3% of corners result in goals so maybe they're less effective on purpose?

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the game with 6ons1 eSim mod. It really is an amazing mod and I'm loving it.
I'm using the broadcast camera zoomed right out but its really helping me when playing at WC and I'm more competitive then I previously was. Whats bugging me is the camera height and zoom changing with each stadium. Currently in my Spurs CM i'm using height 15, Zoom 8 and its perfect when playing at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium (looks similar to this)
View attachment 131263
I then play at West Brom and even with the camera height changed to 20 its far too low. I kinda get why EA change it between stadiums but I find it so annoying since I have to change the way I play and in some cases flip to the co-op camera. Hoping that 6onS1 can fix it

Does anyone find that 'kick off' matches play better than CM matches?
I have this feeling too for about 3 years ago. I can't explain how or why. As for the camera, you can edit by yourself and is not very hard. Every cam and every stadium cam can be edited.

I have this feeling too for about 3 years ago. I can't explain how or why. As for the camera, you can edit by yourself and is not very hard. Every cam and every stadium cam can be edited.
if there is a guide on how to do it then I'm happy to have a look. I'm assuming there won't be a global setting to set the camera height/zoom and it has to be done per stadium which sounds very time consuming.

with kick off games, I've had some epic games, really amazing ebb and flow to them and right now I'm playing more kick off games than CM games.

if there is a guide on how to do it then I'm happy to have a look. I'm assuming there won't be a global setting to set the camera height/zoom and it has to be done per stadium which sounds very time consuming.

with kick off games, I've had some epic games, really amazing ebb and flow to them and right now I'm playing more kick off games than CM games.
Tomorrow i will show you how to do. It takes 15 minutes to set all stadiums and 15 for testing. The advantage is that you will have your own project very simple to update at TU.

Back
Top Bottom