FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

Played a bunch of game. Nice first impressions, feels fresh enough (although I haven't touched 21 at all). Feelings change a bit from game to game; between tactics, sliders and players individuality it's hard to have a consistent experience. Sometimes there is compact action, some others it's end to end and open spaces galore lol. And I'm also getting my ass constantly kicked no matter what both on WC and Legendary, will see if it improves over time. Another thing that stay consistent, anyway, it's AI variety attacking; I've seen CPU try a lot of different routes and it's also really great to see top players indeed shining. Keepers also looks much much stronger than recent past. I'll do a trial league or even Career or long mode or whatever as soon as possible to have some better idea.

For the rest, well it's Fifa with his own well known limitations and characteristics. You either accept it or it's useless to even set eyes on it.

p.s. do somebody know why my player based difficulty indicator disappeared from the AI players? I swear both the mode and the indicator itself are active, but I just can't see it and I'd prefer to. I've even repaired the installation but it was futile. It's funny cause the only bug I can see reported around it's people unable to turn it off.

Here's the first half @manmachine.
I'd like to say I played better in the second half, but I was TERRIBLE :FAIL:As I mention in the sliders explanation, you still have to manage your players a little too much for my liking -that part is frustrating, but with the slider set I feel it's nowhere near as bad and can actually be alright, because you can keep a solid defensive shape. Anyway, see what you think. It's just a 5 min half.

Hello bro, can you tell me please how apply this camera in game ? i have not a tool for FIFA. Thanks

Guys, does anyone else experience crashing when cycling through the possession stats after a game? Whenever I cycle with the right bumper to possession distribution the game freezes and then shuts down. Am I the only one?

Also, gameplay-wise, it is increasingly frustrating how midfielders do not track back and cover spaces. Most times they are simply ball watching unless you manually drag them back. The issue, of course, is that normally you are too busy to drag everyone back since you have to pay attention to the defenders and control them to avoid a through pass from the opponent. I hope some gameplay patches will be able to fix this :((

EDIT: I play with the Legendary OS community sliders (https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/992710-fifa-22-os-community-sliders.html).

Guys, does anyone else experience crashing when cycling through the possession stats after a game? Whenever I cycle with the right bumper to possession distribution the game freezes and then shuts down. Am I the only one?

Also, gameplay-wise, it is increasingly frustrating how midfielders do not track back and cover spaces. Most times they are simply ball watching unless you manually drag them back. The issue, of course, is that normally you are too busy to drag everyone back since you have to pay attention to the defenders and control them to avoid a through pass from the opponent. I hope some gameplay patches will be able to fix this :((

EDIT: I play with the Legendary OS community sliders (https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/992710-fifa-22-os-community-sliders.html).
Yeah unfortunately the tracking/movement/marking although a definite improvement from 20/21, just isn’t on the same level as next gen. I’ve tried to make it less of an issue in my pc sliders which you can find here. I find the congested space makes the managing of your teammates less annoying as the overall shape is better. See how you go.

https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-fifa-22-pc-current-gen-sim-sliders.88596/

Player Based Difficulty​

Player Based Difficulty is a new setting when playing against the CPU AI. The idea is that when you play against a team like PSG, Mbappé really stands out as being a more dangerous player, due to his Attributes. Similarly, if the opposition team is starting a low rated player among a team of high rated ones, they will be easier to tackle or dribble past.

Essentially, Player Based Difficulty individualizes the difficulty of each player. For example, when playing on Professional difficulty against an average team but with Mbappé in their squad, he will behave as if he was on a difficulty higher (World Class difficulty), while his teammates will still perform as being on Professional Difficulty or lower.

Besides this, we also balanced all difficulty levels to offer more differentiation and a better difficulty and gameplay progression between each level.

I was unfamiliar with what this was and haven't tried it yet. Getting past the "without this, attributes don't matter and every player is the same!" implication, I do think this is a very interesting concept.

I'll admit to never thinking that it would be fun to have different players having varying difficulty levels, as opposed to super-powering an entire team at once.

Did more matches this morning. Afraid as of now I find the game generally too much open and cms still not tracking enough (or at all) no matter what combination of sliders I put on. It's a shame as some things are truly jaw-dropping. In my latest game, Liverpool (me)-Tottenham in a FA tourney, in which Spurs hammered me, the player ID of Kane was literally one of the most magnificent things I've saw in a modern game of football. It was a joy watching him dropping in the final quarter, shielding balls and sort them for the wings, only to make runs in and even scoring a bomb just a meter outside from the box. Couple it with the body/movement scan and it felt like I was watching an almost exact replica of him from the latest Euros. Amazing.

But, yes, back to the whole experience unfortunately to me the game feels a lot like attack vs defence.

Is the stadium editing on the pc version of fifa 22? If I wanted to and change and rename every teams stadium and then modify the colours of the seats, nets etc can I ?

Last edited:
Did more matches this morning. Afraid as of now I find the game generally too much open and cms still not tracking enough (or at all) no matter what combination of sliders I put on. It's a shame as some things are truly jaw-dropping. In my latest game, Liverpool (me)-Tottenham in a FA tourney, in which Spurs hammered me, the player ID of Kane was literally one of the most magnificent things I've saw in a modern game of football. It was a joy watching him dropping in the final quarter, shielding balls and sort them for the wings, only to make runs in and even scoring a bomb just a meter outside from the box. Couple it with the body/movement scan and it felt like I was watching an almost exact replica of him from the latest Euros. Amazing.

But, yes, back to the whole experience unfortunately to me the game feels a lot like attack vs defence.

I think if you have a decent internet connection, stadia is an interesting option. The first month is free and the subscription can be cancelled immediately after. They offer you a 10€ discount that you can use to buy FIFA next gen. You have a two hours trial during which you can ask a refund if you don't like the game. It is incredibly easy to use (connecting my ds4 controller for instance was just insanely easy) and also to obtain the refund. Loading times are super quick.
I have 20mb/s in average at home and that wasn't good enough. But with something like the double, full hd is probably super fluid. In my experience, input lag was not the problem. Just the game was slowing from time to time, like if FPS were dropping.

If you are curious about how the next gen plays, and don't want to spend a penny, you can sign for a month (free), get the game, then ask for a refund before you reach two hours (a bit short but that's better than nothing).

PS: thanks @Redhat for the hint.

I think if you have a decent internet connection, stadia is an interesting option. The first month is free and the subscription can be cancelled immediately after. They offer you a 10€ discount that you can use to buy FIFA next gen. You have a two hours trial during which you can ask a refund if you don't like the game. It is incredibly easy to use (connecting my ds4 controller for instance was just insanely easy) and also to obtain the refund. Loading times are super quick.
I have 20mb/s in average at home and that wasn't good enough. But with something like the double, full hd is probably super fluid. In my experience, input lag was not the problem. Just the game was slowing from time to time, like if FPS were dropping.

If you are curious about how the next gen plays, and don't want to spend a penny, you can sign for a month (free), get the game, then ask for a refund before you reach two hours (a bit short but that's better than nothing).

PS: thanks @Redhat for the hint.
I was considering it myself indeed, looks like cpu moves way better as a team NG, maybe I'll wait for the first patch or for more feedback as there are still things I'd like to understand better about the game. As for Stadia itself I have a solid connection (100 mbps) but my pc is starting to show his age and I'm afraid it might find difficulties enduring that giant mole of datas in. I also have Chromecast and a nice 44'' tv so I could theoretically play it there, but I have no compatible joypad with Chrome (still using DS3 which isn't) so buying game + another controller.. yeah, I'd rather be moderately sure before embarking myself.

I was considering it myself indeed, looks like cpu moves way better as a team NG, maybe I'll wait for the first patch or for more feedback as there are still things I'd like to understand better about the game. As for Stadia itself I have a solid connection (100 mbps) but my pc is starting to show his age and I'm afraid it might find difficulties enduring that giant mole of datas in. I also have Chromecast and a nice 44'' tv so I could theoretically play it there, but I have no compatible joypad with Chrome (still using DS3 which isn't) so buying game + another controller.. yeah, I'd rather be moderately sure before embarking myself.
Yeah NG definitely seems better in terms of movement. You can tell immediately in videos, even from kickoff.

I was going to skip it this year as well, that was until I played Fifer's Fifa 21 Realism Mod. Wow. It turned the game from one that was boring me into one that has knocked PES 21 off its perch, PC mods and all! Now, I probably will pick up Fifa 22 PC at some point, but only when it's heavily discounted and when Fifer has worked his magic on it. Vanilla, I wouldn't touch it!!

Really need a pitch/turf mod. My eyes are bleeding seeing these flat lifeless turfs.
I couldn't agree more! Even with Fifer's mod, they look washed out, although the texture looks better. The colour of the turf in the PES 21 mods is spot on; aren't there any graphical overhaul mods like that for Fifa 21?

I’m still torn on the Stadia vs the PC version. I’m spoiled and get such an amazing resolution on the PC where as the stadia version does not have the sharpness I am used to. Could be my wifi but it’s pretty good.

gameplay is better on stadia, but still can’t decide with incoming mods.

Honestly the next gen version is miles better than the PC version. The animation is so clunky and the statue positioning doesn't help either. Ball physics also isn't as good.
the gameplay remains the same, only a few animations change and again it's not that obvious. I think it's purely marketing.

Yeah, me having tested both versions, I'm not sure how come people can say it's miles better, ball physic better? wth, I'm not defending pc version at all, I would like to have all them the same, but for the God's sake, where are those big differences? You can't even see this 'miles better' from videos solely, same as you have played both by yourself. You have same moves, majority of animations are the same, same controls etc. If you say animations on pc are clunky then it's the same for 'next gen' in majority cases. There're some difference but it's not 'miles' it's more subtle, everyone just go and test both yourself instead of jumping in the hype train of those people who just jump in and say 'next gen is miles better'. Lastly, I'm not buying any of them, maybe later once the price goes down and see what patches & mods will come up.

Back
Top Bottom