FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I'm sorry for being insulting @saturator and I'm genuinely glad you're still enjoying the game.

I just find it hard to believe people can't tell that it's changed. It feels more like Fifa 21 the more I play it, and that was the worst Fifa in years for me.

For me personally, I can't believe there's no great football game to play when it's the biggest sport in the world and nearly 2022. The game now should be incredible but because of ultimate team it's regressed. We would have a new engine amongst other things if it wasn't for that mode. Instead EA have no reason to improve.

Any chance of career mode fixes like youth team numbers and letting me switch off turf wear on career mode? UT seems to get fixed weekly.

Yes, no need to be insulting. I just report my own tests, try and re-try and that's all. Nothing insulting in my case, just debating.
Enjoying and saying things that seems pretty false like the "perfect speed" is not the same, you can say "no bro, it isn't" with arguments.

I don't know if correcting some things you don't agree are insulting but some post here seems a bit harsh but not that insulting and pushing to have a discussion about what the guy you don't agree say.
Sorry to agree with the fact that it's nothing at all like descipted, so a bit "lying", perhaps not to himself, but regarding some facts.
Debate is the purpose of the thread, if not "all" threads in every forums. But i saw the same kind of post on Efootball, and people laughed at the guys who liked it, or found the game could be corrected or whatever else said positive.

But i'm also glad for people who enjoy it. Good for him. Just that saying thing that's pretty arguable considering them "perfect" is a bit, i repeat, over-exaggerating

Last edited:
Hypermotion is still there to me, just check how the player turn and it's obvious. But it's not my issue at all, it came from the devs choice regarding the big number of complaining players who want a game super fast, whatever the reality reflect it or not they don't care.

About "perfect speed"... I would say it's a bit pushed to say that. It's by far too fast, sliders or not, about the player movements. Except if you're "so used" to Fifa 21 perhaps, i didn't play it but it wasn't that case in for example, until Fifa 17 or even 18 (19 i don't remember)

I played old FIFA games and more recent, as i'm a bit in a "re-try all old Footy games", those got really a good speed for a FIFA (which was already a bit faster than a PES in terms of agility for example, except the 08), not FIFA 22. It's the fastest and more "super agile" of all Fifa i've played no joke. Now, up to you to try yourself, but to me it's clear as crystal.

There's was at least a bit of slowing down while turning in some harder directions to move before. Now it's the same even with defenders with 40 in agility and balance.
The game is in fast forward, even on Slow. I'm obligated to play with around 65-75 OVR team to at least enjoy the game.
When i said a perfect speed, i was thinking about a normal speed for the game, not accelerate by the strange evening bug.
Same for animations : there are normal and not too fast and strange. Every world seems important when you describe the game, wow.
And i agree, Hypermotion didn't change since the begenning. If it wasn't there now, it wasn't present at the start.

And I'm ok, I only wrote what I'm feeling. I don't lie. I don't feel insulting, it's just a different feeling about the game.
It's only a game for having fun, nothing more. If someone hate or love, it's only a personnal feeling. I'm not an EA employee.

Last edited:
No prob mate, it's just that even for a Fifa, not to me but you can compare on vids, it's faster on "normal" without doubt, perhaps the faster Fifa i played (perhaps the 21 was even faster but well) and i see that the animations are accerated and was not built for the speed purposed in game. That's all. Perhaps Fifa 15, i don't remember but it was pretty fast.

I switch between tons of footies games ATM, retro PS2-3, very retro 16bits, and less retro like PS4 (until Fifa 18, i still got it i through i sold it but no), that's why i could'n't resist to said "no, it's wrong". But if you found it normal...
That's perhaps also because you played Fifa only since all those year, or the 21 a lot that you see a decrease in speed i don't know. But all feels in fast forward to me, less but still in slow motion.

Thanks to the V8 sliders it's (more than) playable, but i played it one or two day, or should i said 6-8 games, and don't want to replay it. I won't force myself.
And i don't feel that the updates messed up the game : it correct bugs from the first release i noticed. But nothing more, just that people start to see the game differently after a lot of game i think, start to see how it's like Fifa 20-21 to me. As nothing in terms of feeling or speed as changed to me since the first update.
The novelty effect has gone too. Well not to me as i practically don't play any more.

As long as you enjoy it, that's all matters mate. Personnally for example, i don't care about people don't liked FIFA 13 : personnally i liked that version more than the 12. And the 14 i just got enough of their engine, the overall feeling as it was pretty similar to the 12 and 13. So i played PES 2014 more just for the feeling of a new stuff / with bugs at first, correct after tons of patchs but still.
But replaying it : it's perhaps the best Fifa never released after the 11 PS360 version to me (well i would objectively place Fifa 11 after, as FIFA 14 got a way better package in everything), while the other was one of the worst PES.

Last edited:
I have played all FIFA and all ISS /PES except from PES 2008 to PES 2013.

On video, even on 1080p/60 FPS, the feeling is different than playing it on TV.
The game looks faster on YouTube than in real life, i don't know why.

On my last 3 videos, the speed of the game were different, i can't see than on video.
The first one was laggy and very slow. I win 0-2 and than I have restarted my PS5.

My second match versus Juventus, the speed was like usual, correct from me. I won't said perfect anymore 🤭

The third match versus City, because it's a top team like PSG and Liverpool, the game speed was increased but playable. When i scored the rocket on the top corner. It was really great.

It's only a personnal feeling, I like playing FIFA 22 nextgen with my sliders. The variety of AI, the animations, the feeling on FUMA, etc... I want to play again again and again.

My tastes are not universal, I'm noboby, only a consumer who appreciates to play offline a footy game. Nothing less, nothing more.

Last edited:
I have played all FIFA and all ISS /PES except from PES 2008 to PES 2013.

On video, even on 1080p/60 FPS, the feeling is different than playing it on TV.
The game looks faster on YouTube than in real life, i don't why.

On my last 3 videos, the speed of the game were different, i can't see than on video.
The first one was laggy and very slow. I win 0-2 and than I restarted my PS5.

My second match versus Juventus, the speed was like usual, correct from me. I won't said perfect anymore 🤭

The third match versus City, because it's a top team like PSG and Liverpool, the game speed was increased but playable. When i scored the rocket on the top corner. It was really great.

It's only a personnal feeling, I like playing FIFA 22 nextgen with my sliders. The variety of AI, the animations, the feeling on FUMA, etc... I want to play again again and again.

My tastes are not universal, I'm noboby, only a consumer who appreciates to play offline a footy game. Nothing less, nothing more.
I always have thought FIFA never translates well to video clips, even when the game is good.

I always have thought FIFA never translates well to video clips, even when the game is good.
Yes and i don't know why. PES looks always good on videos. On FIFA, it seems like a frame on two aren't present on the video.

I want to see what UFL can bring with a new fresh gameplay to footy game.

Definitely not the most action packed half, but a good example of how the game can play with some adjustments to make things less ‘squeaky clean’. Keep in mind I have run frequency at 75, goalkeepers at 42 and sprint speed at 70. It’s not the speed/goal fest you’d think it would be..

Last edited:
Definitely not the most action packed half, but a good example of how the game can play with some adjustments to make things less ‘squeaky clean’. Keep in mind I have run frequency at 75, goalkeepers at 42 and sprint speed at 70. It’s not the speed/goal fest you’d think it would be..

Looks pretty decent that to me. Have you planned any changes to your last gen sliders to cope with the increased speed of TU3?

Ahh but have you played Fifa International Soccer on the Gameboy released in 1993? That was my first Fifa! ;)

View attachment 134972

How the pitch looks better there than it does now is a genuine mystery.

I've always wondered why the colour tone is so often wrong in pes and fifa.
Is it the lack of computing space left for graphics that means we cant have deep green pitches? Is it hard to balance all the complex lighting elements to the right tone and saturation? Surely it cant be that hard? Other sports games look the correct colour. Non-sports games do too, when realism is the aim.

Or is it the iterative model of manufacturing? Dont go too green yet, there'll be nowhere left to go in 10 years...

(For all its faults, the actual pitch colours in efootbal 22 on the ps4 pro are very good. Whereas on ps5 videos they dont look right- reminds me of the pes 15 ps3/ps4 discrepancy)

I really wish we could choose a home or away GK kit pre-match. There are so many teams where EA, for whatever reason, have decided that it’s best to have a GK kit which clashes with the home kit.

I’ve said it before but they’ve got all of these licenses and the ability to include any kit they want and yet you still get kit clashes.

My team (Villa) have a home yellow GK jersey in ‘real life’. It doesn’t clash with any of our 3 outfield player kits. What do EA decide? To use our away GK kit which clashes with the third kit.

It’s just nonsensical.

I really wish we could choose a home or away GK kit pre-match. There are so many teams where EA, for whatever reason, have decided that it’s best to have a GK kit which clashes with the home kit.

I’ve said it before but they’ve got all of these licenses and the ability to include any kit they want and yet you still get kit clashes.

100% ref's kit too! Our away kit is pink this season and it clashes with so many GK kits as well as certain ref kits.

100% ref's kit too! Our away kit is pink this season and it clashes with so many GK kits as well as certain ref kits.
Yes! The amount of times the ref is wearing the same colour and I think it’s one of my own players is infuriating.

And why do all of the League 1 and 2 clubs have proper kits yet the GKs have those crap generic ones? It’s just bizarre.

Jeez its been a while since the last patch. Well saying they take their time now once they make it alot worse for alot of people.

Anyone know the general feeling over on EA Forums/Twitter etc regarding how the game is now after the last 2 patches?

Jeez its been a while since the last patch. Well saying they take their time now once they make it alot worse for alot of people.

Anyone know the general feeling over on EA Forums/Twitter etc regarding how the game is now after the last 2 patches?

1638866567658.png

All this time and that's it, how fucking pathetic is that?????

Create a club mode....thought I'd give it a go.

Team name can't be more than 15 characters?!

Shirt numbers aren't the style of the league you're in but stay as the style of the kit maker. Total immersion breaker straight from the get go. Why don't they just do it properly? Such a token effort.

Yes! The amount of times the ref is wearing the same colour and I think it’s one of my own players is infuriating.

And why do all of the League 1 and 2 clubs have proper kits yet the GKs have those crap generic ones? It’s just bizarre.

Scratch the shiny surface and it's a giant turd in that regard. Such a shame EA has a monopoly in regards to licences.

Back
Top Bottom