FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

OK so just updated, apparently only changes for FUT, but I've been struggling to score since the previous update, just won 4-0 and drew 2-2 away in europa league knockout stages. Both games felt much more like the game did a month or so ago. Felt tighter. But then it could just be the good old placebo effect

OK so just updated, apparently only changes for FUT, but I've been struggling to score since the previous update, just won 4-0 and drew 2-2 away in europa league knockout stages. Both games felt much more like the game did a month or so ago. Felt tighter. But then it could just be the good old placebo effect
Cheers Gazinio

Have you noticed equal goals from the CPU? Tiki Taka and Goal

I need to show EA that the CPU is always making the same moves, can someone record a video proving the theory?

2 games into this new patch and the weight feels instant to me, slowed right down. I've gone back to default sliders now which were really fast after live update. Tika taka goals not there , goalies also seem more human. Early days but I'm as impressed as the I was on the trial (ps5)

2 games into this new patch and the weight feels instant to me, slowed right down. I've gone back to default sliders now which were really fast after live update. Tika taka goals not there , goalies also seem more human. Early days but I'm as impressed as the I was on the trial (ps5)
I think it's a placebo mate. The game is exactly the same. I still love it🤭
I've made 3 games

Everton vs United : 0-1
A last minute goal from Sancho with a stunning long cross from Rashford.

United Vs PSG : 2-1
Mbappe with a great pass scores. CR7 equalized at 45'. And CR7 in extra Time made a powerful header over his old friend Ramos for the victory. Neymar became made with a red card at the end of the match!

The third, win 1-0 versus Aston Villa with a strong header from Maguire for the win

Last edited:
Feels far heavier to me I could never play on default sliders since week first patch , also not seen one Tika taka goal on world class where there was loads on default sliders but I'm content to be ignorant

Praise the lord. Looking forward to playing later. Now someone tell EA to leave it the f**k alone

Feels far heavier to me I could never play on default sliders since week first patch , also not seen one Tika taka goal on world class where there was loads on default sliders but I'm content to be ignorant
Since the beta, i didn't play with default settings, so maybe you're right.
I aways test with my sliders and for now it's ok. I saw 9 faults for the CPU 🤪

Just had a Copa Libertadores final match which i also played last night. Would say it was slightly heavier its defo not as heavy as pre last patch.

What i did notice was insanely high defence lines and both me and the AI were getting through on goal alot reminded me of Fifa 09. Not sure my defence settings as played diff teams from last night.

Played on slow where as pre last patch i was on normal speed which i preferred so its defo still faster.

Slight improvement i reckon. Need to test the defence ai more though. Hopefully not insane highlines all the time and 1v1s alot.

@saintric You do know in editing section if You click on the coloured tab on the left it brings up all of that category ?

Like this,

https://evoweb.uk/forums/pes-2021.337/?prefix_id=37

Just had a Copa Libertadores final match which i also played last night. Would say it was slightly heavier its defo not as heavy as pre last patch.

What i did notice was insanely high defence lines and both me and the AI were getting through on goal alot reminded me of Fifa 09. Not sure my defence settings as played diff teams from last night.

Played on slow where as pre last patch i was on normal speed which i preferred so its defo still faster.

Slight improvement i reckon. Need to test the defence ai more though. Hopefully not insane highlines all the time and 1v1s alot.
I'm finding it pretty well balanced , deffo more one ones but less 6 yard goals so it feels a lot better .. CPU default pass error seems higher too . Fouls seem less on default sliders , more physical but less fouls

Hmmm few more games tonight and I don't think it is a slight improvement. Feels way more open and even more counter attackey. I know modern football these days is all about the counter attacks but this feels off to me.

I also still think Hypermotion is toned down with alot of old school Fifa animations in as so much skating is going on now it wasnt half as bad day a few patches ago and its still so fast. I was playing on normal but now forced to play on slow.

Last edited:
WTF have they done to FIFA 22 in the past couple of patches.
Tonight was the first time in a while I have played the game and they have patched in into a ping pong, counter attacking, all about pace, piece of shite.

FIFA 22 started off out the box as the best football game since FIFA 16 and now it has been patched to the point where it plays like an absolutely turd and makes me think it plays no different to FIFA 21.

Today was a very sad day, when a game full of promise has been patched to the extent that it now only appeals to the FUT crowd - Although should not be surprised by this.

Back to installing the PC version and hoping there are some mods out there to fix the gameplay.

Tonight was the first time in a while I have played the game and they have patched in into a ping pong, counter attacking, all about pace, piece of shite.

FIFA 22 started off out the box as the best football game since FIFA 16 and now it has been patched to the point where it plays like an absolutely turd and makes me think it plays no different to FIFA 21.

Today was a very sad day, when a game full of promise has been patched to the extent that it now only appeals to the FUT crowd - Although should not be surprised by this.

Back to installing the PC version and hoping there are some mods out there to fix the gameplay.

Couldn't agree more. I went on tonight and thought I had my old Fifa 21 disc in by accident. Even the ball physics have gone backwards for me.

Hi mate,

You can see on my videos than you can slow down the speed of the passes, and the global speed. What are your seetings?
I can still enjoying to play so I want to help you to fix your game if I can!

Hi mate,

You can see on my videos than you can slow down the speed of the passes, and the global speed. What are your seetings?
I can still enjoying to play so I want to help you to fix your game if I can!

I have played around with sliders previously in the past, yes they help a little but I can't be bothered with it.
The game has been patched back to FIFA 21, I am just really disappointed that once again EA has gone with the FUT crowd to make a street fighting button mashing - lets score the same goal over and over again and have everything but controlling the player automated.
They have just removed the skill from FIFA, block tackling and timing it right used to be a skill and art and pressing the block button to block shots used to have to be well timed, now it is all automated.

EA come out with good intensions year after year, but they are easily influenced by FUT players who say the game is too slow and it needs to be about the 1 on 1 instead of focusing on the realities of football.
This year has been a massive shame as out the box FIFA for the first time in a very long time felt like football but without CDM's - I should give them credit that the great experience of FIFA 22 out the box lasted for 2 months.

The game plays nothing like 21 , 21 was totally shite. Are people talking about next gen or current gen
Next gen. Yes, you disagree, as does @saturator and that's great. But the ping-pong I see the AI doing and the manic, electrocuted player animations where they can defy physics to dribble like an eel through butter can't be fixed (completely) by sliders. It's definitely, IMO, much worse.

I played yesterday some games and the game is definitely completely different to the release version. The passing is faster, the movements of the players are different etc. It has some good moments but it's not the game I liked at the beginning anymore. It's too bad that you can't choose the gameplay version.

Ouch, this game is terribly unbalanced again. Play on world class and everyone plays like Barcelona 2011, but play on professional and you'll score 8 goals per game. Are there any good slider sets around this year?

Why don't EA make it possible to choose which patch and gameplay style to use like you can in NHL? The vanilla game was pretty good!

Ouch, this game is terribly unbalanced again. Play on world class and everyone plays like Barcelona 2011, but play on professional and you'll score 8 goals per game. Are there any good slider sets around this year?

Why don't EA make it possible to choose which patch and gameplay style to use like you can in NHL? The vanilla game was pretty good!
Sliders don’t fix this pile of mess since EA updated it to FUT 22 - believe me I’ve tried.

Same old FIFA, different year.

Played it last night for the first time after 2 or 3 weeks again. Seems, EA swapped hypermotion for hyperspeed.
Back to PES 21 I think. Thanks for nothing EA.
Pes 21 is horrendous after playing FIFA 22 , it feels so robotic the way player patterns moves. You realize within 30 seconds how limited it is , and I used to love that game before it was patched to oblivion

To be honest, I can't really disagree with what you say about the patterns, the stiffness, the outcome of the shots etc. (Sorry for comparing in this thread.) But what I really felt was horrendous, was playing FIFA 22 last night. The game was on light speed, I had these weird results (6:4, 7:3) again which I didn't have a few weeks (patches) before. Can't describe it better, but for me the typical FIFA feeling was back. Which is not meant positive.

The only way I can enjoy this is switching to the default next gen camera called EA Sports Cam. It slows everything down a bit and makes the game look like a football match at times.

Broadcast is great to look at but because it’s so close to the action it makes the game horrendously fast.

Just gave it another go. Played a friendly, Portland Timbers Vs NY City (MLS Cup Final today). World class, Semi controls. Turned it off in the 2nd half, was leading 6:4. Thanks, but not for me anymore.

Yeah, same here. Not sure why I expected this year's game to be decent. It's horrible. My last three matches - 8-4, 6-3, 7-3. Sounds like a bloody tennis game. 35 pounds wasted. :(

There's no way to roll back to the unpatched version when you have the digital edition, right?

Yeah, same here. Not sure why I expected this year's game to be decent. It's horrible. My last three matches - 8-4, 6-3, 7-3. Sounds like a bloody tennis game. 35 pounds wasted. :(

There's no way to roll back to the unpatched version when you have the digital edition, right?
Damned, i haven't these tennis scores😅. What's your settings. The live update has increased the global speed, I'm ok with that. Offline you can slow down the speed to have normal scores like 1-1, 2-1, 0-0, 4-1 if you're far better than the other team.
I've never Seen 8-4 or 6-3.

For me, it's that the attack is overpowered and you didn't master the defense. Or you play Legend or Ultimate, because these modes have a CPU completly shitted! A shot=a goal

If you're having 6-4 games then the balance is all wrong in terms of how you have the difficulty/controls/sliders etc. etc.

I play World Class + FUMA + tweaked sliders + 8 min halves on PC and I don't have those scores. Occasionally I'll have a 4-3 but that's a rarity and by far the most goals per game I've had.

Back
Top Bottom