FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

If you're having 6-4 games then the balance is all wrong in terms of how you have the difficulty/controls/sliders etc. etc.

I play World Class + FUMA + tweaked sliders + 8 min halves on PC and I don't have those scores. Occasionally I'll have a 4-3 but that's a rarity and by far the most goals per game I've had.
I'm same , plenty of 1 nils 1-1s with the occasional 4-1 against a Lower team . Using my own sliders pace is nice , enough fouls. Never see 6-4 games, ever

If you're having 6-4 games then the balance is all wrong in terms of how you have the difficulty/controls/sliders etc. etc.

I play World Class + FUMA + tweaked sliders + 8 min halves on PC and I don't have those scores. Occasionally I'll have a 4-3 but that's a rarity and by far the most goals per game I've had.
Exactly. I have made 2 games today. 1-1 versus Bournemouth with a late goal from Rashford. And a strong win versus Wolves 3-0, with a beauty lob from Bellingham.

Played it last night for the first time after 2 or 3 weeks again. Seems, EA swapped hypermotion for hyperspeed.
Back to PES 21 I think. Thanks for nothing EA.
Its crazy man. Been playing with my son since release. Last night we played and it was not enjoyable anywhere near as it was. We were also playing on slow and its way faster than normal on release. EA are an absolute joke.

Yeah, I need to go FUMA on professional, I reckon. I was playing completely vanilla on world class and professional trying to decide which one I preferred when I got those scores.

The thing is that you shouldnt have to adjust your gameplay controls to make the game playable. Even tho I play FUMA myself - I think its wrong that people should change their preferred gameplay style to another to fix the game.
If few weeks ago someone played on Legendary/assisted and enjoyed it, having normal results and suddenly has 7-3's - its unfair to expect them to adjust their whole playstyle coz the game has changed. Its not gonna be enjoyable for them anyway if they always played/preferred assisted and suddenly are forced to play FUMA..

The thing is that you shouldnt have to adjust your gameplay controls to make the game playable. Even tho I play FUMA myself - I think its wrong that people should change their preferred gameplay style to another to fix the game.
If few weeks ago someone played on Legendary/assisted and enjoyed it, having normal results and suddenly has 7-3's - its unfair to expect them to adjust their whole playstyle coz the game has changed. Its not gonna be enjoyable for them anyway if they always played/preferred assisted and suddenly are forced to play FUMA..
I agree. I haven't been as engaged with football games these past few years, haven't liked them much for many years, but wanted something to play a bit casually. Iss Pro 98 plays more like real football than this out of the box, and it's almost 25 years old.

Essentially, Fifa isn't football simulation though, it's moved on to be its own game and it's going to cater to that crowd (fut and competitive online players). We need someone trying to make a football sim again. Maybe even fifa branching into two different things.

Last edited:
The majority won't adjust anything , they will like full assisted and probably not even look at sliders. Thankfully there's enough options and sliders for the majority of football fans to find a decent game , for those that still don't like it with all the options well then those people will probably just never like it.

End of the day we all have different ability levels, hell even different physical abilities, I'm 49 now, I'm sure my controller reflexes are nowhere near what they were 20 years ago! We also have different likes and dislikes, some detest the thought of manual, for me if the game only offers assisted I couldn't play it, feels like playing Fifa with cheat mode on or something! I was glad when sliders were first added, I was glad when manual was first added!

End of the day we all have different ability levels, hell even different physical abilities, I'm 49 now, I'm sure my controller reflexes are nowhere near what they were 20 years ago! We also have different likes and dislikes, some detest the thought of manual, for me if the game only offers assisted I couldn't play it, feels like playing Fifa with cheat mode on or something! I was glad when sliders were first added, I was glad when manual was first added!
I fully understand and agree with you.
Im exactly the same.
The point im trying to make is that some lads in here used certain settings few weeks ago and they loved it and now it has gone to shit for them. Its sad.
And telling them to adjust their settings, controls, difficulties and sliders - even when it comes from the goodness of our hearts - can just annoy them..
They should be on season 3 or 4 of their Career Modes by now, not having to deal with EA changing things every week or so.. its really frustrating to see this.

I fully understand and agree with you.
Im exactly the same.
The point im trying to make is that some lads in here used certain settings few weeks ago and they loved it and now it has gone to shit for them. Its sad.
And telling them to adjust their settings, controls, difficulties and sliders - even when it comes from the goodness of our hearts - can just annoy them..
They should be on season 3 or 4 of their Career Modes by now, not having to deal with EA changing things every week or so.. its really frustrating to see this.

Eamonn.gif

This is why I almost always (with FIFA) play the game once it's dead ,no more patches no more shitty surprises.
You know what you get ,and you can adjust your sliders/settings to it and keep going instead of changing everything every 10-20 games depending on what shit housery EA cooks up.
Might start playing this once it's dead , now?
Nope!

This is why I almost always (with FIFA) play the game once it's dead ,no more patches no more shitty surprises.
You know what you get ,and you can adjust your sliders/settings to it and keep going instead of changing everything every 10-20 games depending on what shit housery EA cooks up.
Might start playing this once it's dead , now?
Nope!

Yeah, I usually do the same - but for some reason thought I didn't care enough anymore about football games to really mind - but turns out I did. Zero enjoyment of this one now. Which sucks, seeing as the vanilla game I tried that made me want to buy the game felt pretty good.

Yeah, I usually do the same - but for some reason thought I didn't care enough anymore about football games to really mind - but turns out I did. Zero enjoyment of this one now. Which sucks, seeing as the vanilla game I tried that made me want to buy the game felt pretty good.
I think most of us nowadays are very sceptical when FIFA /Pes comes out every year ,we pretty much expect the worst ,and in this case it turned out good ,then patches hit (like we knew it would) and ruins everything.
Which is insane ,but shows how greedy/sensitive they are to its online player base.

I think my last disappointment with a football game that felt good day one and got ruined quickly was Pes 20.
Didn't like FIFA 19 ,like it more now though.
Hated Fifa 20 ,like it now (one of my most played FIFA)
Fifa 21 was a fucking joke
Fifa 22 i uninstalled both versions 3-4 weeks ago ,no interest in it tbh

Just updated and got back on the pitch for the first time since November 25th.

For reference: Aberdeen Career Mode, World Class, 6 minutes, full manual, default everything else. Remember when we all played the same fucking game for a whole year?

Anyway... I found it to be as I left it. The first half of a match you're playing an 8/10 game, the second 3/10. I'd only be repeating previous posts.

2-2, 2-0, 2-2, 4-1 the scores. The final match was Celtic away, top-of-the-table clash. Planned out exactly as I suspected: onslaught after onslaught. EA decided it was in my game for the first half an hour. Pummeled them and went 1-0 up, at which point it was time for me to step aside and let them have a go. Untouchable, irrepressible, irresistible one-touch, no-look passing from Celtic. I put my controller down and let Joe Lewis do his best while I thought about what to have for tea. Breached only once, it was 1-1 at half time.

Celtic's fun continued, me a passenger, for the first 10 of the second and that was it. The storm had passed and I was free to walk through on goal time and time and time again. Their Joe gave me three goals which was awfully nice of him. A beautifully-crafted 4-1, made in Canada.

I guess I'm supposed to adjust sliders every half? It's a real shame as the game has good bones. But it also has bendy rubber bones to facilitate frictionless wundertikitaka on tap, a tap it turns on and off over the course of a match.

Infrequent bursts will be my likely go to. Maybe four matches every few weeks. A few weeks to forget the worst and then four games to remind myself.

It’s a strange one for me, I respect everyone‘s different opinions and experiences with the game but I’m having a different one myself. I’m still really enjoying it. It’s not a perfect game, but I’m just not having the issues that lots of you seem to be having.

I see virtually zero ping pong passing, I see varied goals, misplaced passes, fair matches with realistic shots, saves and scores for the most part. I’m actually enjoying the game as a simulation more now than when I first got my hands on it. I say that fully acknowledging that I spend a lot of time trying to understand the way the game works and adjusting sliders and tactical settings to get it this way, but for me that’s nothing new to FIFA 22. I’ve done it for years. On 21, even with access to the full array of gameplay files, nothing made that game playable for me. On 22 NG, sliders alone have allowed it to be enjoyable, so it’s a definite step in the right direction, even if not perfect.

Ping pong passing and same goals from the CPU was an issue for me when I first got 22 NG, but I feel over time a range of settings have virtually eradicated it from the game now. I haven’t felt like I’ve constantly needed to change settings every week to keep up with changes. I feel like the more I play, I start to understand behaviours a little more and I tweak from there, but I’m not making huge widespread changes week to week.

The one change I wish I could make to gameplay right now however, is bringing more pressure to getting the ball out of the defensive half. I feel there isn’t enough resistance there from the CPU or my own team. It’s not 100% of the time, but too often there’s not enough pressure to have to get the ball out of those zones. So far none of the slider settings have allowed me to successfully crack that aspect. I’m still having really enjoyable matches though. I don’t play much career mode, I like to play single matches and just enjoy the gameplay of a football match so I’m not sure if that could be part of it too.

Just some thoughts anyway!

I had a game on kick off mode last night and thought to myself that it felt much slower and weightier. So then I started a career mode and the game feels totally different. Skatey, fast, just awful.

Also, the AI goals infuriate me. It's also so Hollywood. Zero finesse It's always full power shots. Sorry but it's just crap. The same crap they've been feeding us for too long.

Such a shame as I thought it was fantastic when it first came out. Here's praying that loot boxes get banned, we stop turning our kids into gambling addicts and we get good games back!

Not just me who thinks this game has zero foot planting.
Wonder how the Bagdad Bobs can't (refuses to) see that?
What's next ,tons of fouls?

Not just me who thinks this game has zero foot planting.
Wonder how the Bagdad Bobs can't (refuses to) see that?
What's next ,tons of fouls?
Don't get me started on the fouls. Purposely programming the game not to have them so the UT crowd can play uninterrupted ping-pong.

The offline crowd complain, so they just fill the game with out of context ruthless lunges. Like when it had a dedicated fouls button which would guarantee a red card on world cup 98.

Don't get me started on the fouls. Purposely programming the game not to have them so the UT crowd can play uninterrupted ping-pong.

The offline crowd complain, so they just fill the game with out of context ruthless lunges. Like when it had a dedicated fouls button which would guarantee a red card on world cup 98.
Yeah we haven't a FIFA game with a decent foul count since 16.

Needed a break from Forza so I gave the game a try after the new update... to me it still plays the same which is pretty darn good. Had some pretty enjoyable games.

Im still getting fouls (seems not as much as the previous update), I do not see high scoring games (this is in WC difficulty; 1-1, 0-1, 3-1 were my scorelines), thankfully Im not seeing the AI ping pong their way in the box for a shot anymore.

Granted this is with sliders in kick off mode, will have to try in my career save; I haven't played FUT since probably a month ago (which I also enjoyed by the way, but those are the games where I see some high scorelines).

Needed a break from Forza so I gave the game a try after the new update... to me it still plays the same which is pretty darn good. Had some pretty enjoyable games.

Im still getting fouls (seems not as much as the previous update), I do not see high scoring games (this is in WC difficulty; 1-1, 0-1, 3-1 were my scorelines), thankfully Im not seeing the AI ping pong their way in the box for a shot anymore.

Granted this is with sliders in kick off mode, will have to try in my career save; I haven't played FUT since probably a month ago (which I also enjoyed by the way, but those are the games where I see some high scorelines).
I am seeing exactly the same in league mode with my own sliders, having some really nice close games on world class

Weird this. I'm a online player (nope, not FUT or MyClub) and HATED Seasons out of the box with this FIFA. Hadn't touched the game in about a month when I tried it again last week and suddenly I quite liked it. Not because it's anything like real football but because I just didn't give a crap. I started playing it like I wanted, not trying to win, not being bothered when all the PSG:s ping ponged and skated through me.

I even let go of the horrible fact that the midfield is completely non existent in this game, at least onlinex. It's more like handball in that respect.

When I stopped thinking about all those things I could see that there is some really good football to be played in this game. And even more surprisingly perhaps I actually win about 50% of my matches (I'm in Division 7 atm so I'll guess it will be hopeless when I start to face those people who knows every way to utilise the flaws of the game).

So I enjoy it a bit atm. Getting really tired of playing against PSG though, jeez, people are so boring.

It’s a strange one for me, I respect everyone‘s different opinions and experiences with the game but I’m having a different one myself. I’m still really enjoying it. It’s not a perfect game, but I’m just not having the issues that lots of you seem to be having.

I see virtually zero ping pong passing, I see varied goals, misplaced passes, fair matches with realistic shots, saves and scores for the most part. I’m actually enjoying the game as a simulation more now than when I first got my hands on it. I say that fully acknowledging that I spend a lot of time trying to understand the way the game works and adjusting sliders and tactical settings to get it this way, but for me that’s nothing new to FIFA 22. I’ve done it for years. On 21, even with access to the full array of gameplay files, nothing made that game playable for me. On 22 NG, sliders alone have allowed it to be enjoyable, so it’s a definite step in the right direction, even if not perfect.

Ping pong passing and same goals from the CPU was an issue for me when I first got 22 NG, but I feel over time a range of settings have virtually eradicated it from the game now. I haven’t felt like I’ve constantly needed to change settings every week to keep up with changes. I feel like the more I play, I start to understand behaviours a little more and I tweak from there, but I’m not making huge widespread changes week to week.

The one change I wish I could make to gameplay right now however, is bringing more pressure to getting the ball out of the defensive half. I feel there isn’t enough resistance there from the CPU or my own team. It’s not 100% of the time, but too often there’s not enough pressure to have to get the ball out of those zones. So far none of the slider settings have allowed me to successfully crack that aspect. I’m still having really enjoyable matches though. I don’t play much career mode, I like to play single matches and just enjoy the gameplay of a football match so I’m not sure if that could be part of it too.

Just some thoughts anyway!
Yes I'm like you, I'm very sad to see than for many people, the vanilla game feeling is gone.
The last update has really changed the gameplay in a bad way by increasing pass speed.

I have to changed my sliders and now, it's ok. Faults, free kick, red cards, closed matches, remontada, having a Manita, everything is on the pitch.

I can play now the night to 10 AM without night speed bug.
And I scored and AI scored so many great goals, I like it!

Last edited:
This game is utter dross now. An absolute pile of doggy doo. Sliders dumb it down and make it feel weird and too easy.

Thanks EA, I loved this out of the box. Now it’s just another FIFA on Frostbite. Terrible game.

This game is utter dross now. An absolute pile of doggy doo. Sliders dumb it down and make it feel weird and too easy.

Thanks EA, I loved this out of the box. Now it’s just another FIFA on Frostbite. Terrible game.
I still like it , play a couple of games every day

I think how quiet the thread has gone speaks volumes. I can play a couple of games and then I find it just gets a bit monotonous. Plus it's still just full of bugs that don't get fixed (as a career mode player) has anyone checked the faces which haven't been updated yet but are due for one? Check Cash at Villa and Maignan at Milan, comedy gold.

Minor bugbears:

- The AI lofting short passes for no reason (I swear this was patched out but has returned).

- The pause before the AI takes an attacking free kick is still there. It lasts long enough that the more impatient gamer might assume the game's crashed/frozen.

Back
Top Bottom