FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I think how quiet the thread has gone speaks volumes. I can play a couple of games and then I find it just gets a bit monotonous. Plus it's still just full of bugs that don't get fixed (as a career mode player) has anyone checked the faces which haven't been updated yet but are due for one? Check Cash at Villa and Maignan at Milan, comedy gold.
This is where I am. The CPU is so boring to play against. And it’s way too easy to play the same through ball over the top of the opposing defence when they’re a super high pressing side like Liverpool and Dortmund.

I’ve tried a 100 different slider sets, changed difficulty, changed control assists and I’m just not getting joy out of it at all anymore. Game is frantic and tedious.

Was playing against Leicester earlier and their defence ping ponged the ball back and forth to each other for what felt like an eternity. for no reason. They were losing 2-0. This is WITH OS sliders applied. Competitor mode turned OFF.

I’ve seen people say they haven’t seen any ping pong passing. Sorry, but that’s BS. It’s everywhere now.

This is where I am. The CPU is so boring to play against. And it’s way too easy to play the same through ball over the top of the opposing defence when they’re a super high pressing side like Liverpool and Dortmund.

I’ve tried a 100 different slider sets, changed difficulty, changed control assists and I’m just not getting joy out of it at all anymore. Game is frantic and tedious.

Was playing against Leicester earlier and their defence ping ponged the ball back and forth to each other for what felt like an eternity. for no reason. They were losing 2-0. This is WITH OS sliders applied. Competitor mode turned OFF.

I’ve seen people say they haven’t seen any ping pong passing. Sorry, but that’s BS. It’s everywhere now.
Can you post on the forum your slider set and a clip of this ping pong passing . I'm genuinely interested to what it is as I'm saying I don't see it on my slider set but maybe I don't realize what it is. Or if it's easier I'll post a video and you point it out

Can you post on the forum your slider set and a clip of this ping pong passing . I'm genuinely interested to what it is as I'm saying I don't see it on my slider set but maybe I don't realize what it is. Or if it's easier I'll post a video and you point it out
OS Sliders - Legendary difficulty. I tried WC but the game is far too easy, the CPU forgets how to defend.

I get that you love the game and I envy you. But since the updates, I’m not enjoying it.

Anyway it’s a pointless debate - some people love it, some don’t. It is what it is. To me, it just feels like FIFA on Frostbite again. Which isn’t a good thing. Yes, at launch there were bugs but vanilla FIFA 22 on PS5 was so enjoyable to play.

Now, again, in my opinion - the game is dross.

I’m sorry, it isn’t BS. I just don’t see it in my games anymore - consistently now as well over the last couple of weeks, with different teams, in different leagues. I’m not making it up and I know what I’m looking for. I’ve been trying to get rid of it for a while. I did have it until a few weeks ago, but not anymore. I had it on vanilla, I don’t now.

I think the tactical adjustment combined with the sliders is the reason. I’ve made certain choices with those to intentionally get rid of that aspect and it was a bit of a slow burn to get there. Also, I know people shouldn’t have to make the changes etc etc, I agree with that but I can’t deny the fact I’m happy with how the game is playing at the moment.

Last edited:
Can you ask them why they made a truly great football game only to ruin it with patches? I just dont get the logic behind it.

This is exactly what happened to this years edition of NHL. Out of the box the game was incredible, the best hockey simulation I have ever played tbh. People pleaded in the EA forums not to change anything major (which is pretty darn unusual, people usually hate things much more than they love it). But then a patch came and things changed, and since then (with some tuners etc) the game is pretty much a clone of NHL 21.

I have no clue why they have done this but my guess is that pro- players have whined about not being able to do the cheesy goals they where used to. It's a damn shame to hear that the same seems to go for FIFA. :(

I'm totally fine with people who still have fun with the game, having their own sliders and stuff.
But I played the 10 hour trial, had tons of fun and purchased the full price version. I didn't even felt the need for adjusting sliders. And after just a few weeks the fun is gone, because once again EA decided to change the game. This actually is not the game I paid 80 bucks for.

If I buy a jeans that fits for me, and after a few weeks someone from Levis rings at my door saying "hey dude, cool you bought our jeans but we found out that the majority of our customers wanna look like idiots, so here I brought scissors and now I have to cut your jeans right above the ankles", I would kick his ass.

At least EA should give the option to play with the patch version the player wants. Like they do in their NHL series.

I'm totally fine with people who still have fun with the game, having their own sliders and stuff.
But I played the 10 hour trial, had tons of fun and purchased the full price version. I didn't even felt the need for adjusting sliders. And after just a few weeks the fun is gone, because once again EA decided to change the game. This actually is not the game I paid 80 bucks for.

If I buy a jeans that fits for me, and after a few weeks someone from Levis rings at my door saying "hey dude, cool you bought our jeans but we found out that the majority of our customers wanna look like idiots, so here I brought scissors and now I have to cut your jeans right above the ankles", I would kick his ass.

At least EA should give the option to play with the patch version the player wants. Like they do in their NHL series.
I agree with you in philosophy too, it’s just we don’t all agree on some of the conclusions drawn.

Some of the changes I’d say are positive, some I don’t think have even happened. I think the general consensus is that those of us who like the game are kidding ourselves, which I don’t agree with at all. I just can’t agree with some of the negative assessment of the game, purely because I haven’t experienced it myself.

I know in an ideal world we could just pick up and play a default game - and that should remain the dream, but honestly how many games do we mod gameplay, or adjust settings to our liking? I don’t really think that’s exclusively a FIFA thing. I do think that 22 NG is a definite step in the right direction, and a bigger step than I was ever expecting after 21. I think that alone is quite a big positive and shouldn’t be overlooked. It’s not perfect, no argument - but as I’ve said, it’s a far better football game than I thought we’d get this year.

I agree with you in philosophy too, it’s just we don’t all agree on some of the conclusions drawn.

Some of the changes I’d say are positive, some I don’t think have even happened. I think the general consensus is that those of us who like the game are kidding ourselves, which I don’t agree with at all. I just can’t agree with some of the negative assessment of the game, purely because I haven’t experienced it myself.

I know in an ideal world we could just pick up and play a default game - and that should remain the dream, but honestly how many games do we mod gameplay, or adjust settings to our liking? I don’t really think that’s exclusively a FIFA thing. I do think that 22 NG is a definite step in the right direction, and a bigger step than I was ever expecting after 21. I think that alone is quite a big positive and shouldn’t be overlooked. It’s not perfect, no argument - but as I’ve said, it’s a far better football game than I thought we’d get this year.
i agree. Also there will be literally be thousands of people who enjoy FIFA on default. And even if default was this utopia if EA then stripped away sliders there would be uproar - so EA are in a no win situation here for me. The way i see it is if you can find settings that give you a decent game and you enjoy it then thats that, dont let anyone try and talk you out of it or put you down for it as that people seem to do. try and convince you that you shouldn't be enjoying it. its ridiculous

i agree. Also there will be literally be thousands of people who enjoy FIFA on default. And even if default was this utopia if EA then stripped away sliders there would be uproar - so EA are in a no win situation here for me. The way i see it is if you can find settings that give you a decent game and you enjoy it then thats that, dont let anyone try and talk you out of it or put you down for it as that people seem to do. try and convince you that you shouldn't be enjoying it. its ridiculous
Who’s trying to do that? Why would we “try to convince you the game is crap”? That’s just weird mate. I seem to remember you did this with PES 2020 (or 2021?). You were adamant it was this holy grail of football gaming whilst many of us found a load of faults with it. Which is fine. But you made weird statements back then too about people trying to convince you it’s bad. It’s just a forum mate, people have opinions and vent their frustrations. This isn’t an echo chamber.

This is a forum for discussing football gaming. Why some of you have to get so damn protective of a video game is beyond me. You enjoy it, that’s great. But some of us are pissed that EA have pandered to the FUT Zombies and made the game crap when so many of us were enjoying it at launch.

Again, you enjoy it, that’s fine. Some of us don’t. It is what it is.

Last edited:
@Mikhail I’m not protective about it, I agree with you exactly - it’s a forum to discuss. I’m just stating that what you might present as fact, isn’t necessarily a fact. I’m having a different experience.

I’ve virtually being playing retro titles for the last year or 2 as I haven’t been happy with modern football games. I really like 22 NG...wasn’t expecting to, but it is what it is as well I guess!

@Mikhail I’m not protective about it, I agree with you exactly - it’s a forum to discuss. I’m just stating that what you might present as fact, isn’t necessarily a fact. I’m having a different experience.

I’ve virtually being playing retro titles for the last year or 2 as I haven’t been happy with modern football games. I really like 22 NG...wasn’t expecting to, but it is what it is as well I guess!
I wasn’t thinking of you when I made that post at all mate, your posts are always extremely well balanced.

Again, I have no issue with someone enjoying FIFA. I actually couldn’t care less. Everyone has differing opinions, it’s what makes the world so interesting :)

I wasn’t thinking of you when I made that post at all mate, your posts are always extremely well balanced.

Again, I have no issue with someone enjoying FIFA. I actually couldn’t care less. Everyone has differing opinions, it’s what makes the world so interesting :)
Haha very true. Do you have the disk version or digital? You could revert to Vanilla?

Its time for game companies to release two versions of sports titles. I see no reason why EA can't release a standard digital version of single player Fifa and offer up the online experience separately.

Halo has just done this and I can download the base game including MP or the single player campaign.

EA essentially have two products now with two very different audiences. And things don't need to be physical anymore either.

Who’s trying to do that? Why would we “try to convince you the game is crap”? That’s just weird mate. I seem to remember you did this with PES 2020 (or 2021?). You were adamant it was this holy grail of football gaming whilst many of us found a load of faults with it. Which is fine. But you made weird statements back then too about people trying to convince you it’s bad. It’s just a forum mate, people have opinions and vent their frustrations. This isn’t an echo chamber.

This is a forum for discussing football gaming. Why some of you have to get so damn protective of a video game is beyond me. You enjoy it, that’s great. But some of us are pissed that EA have pandered to the FUT Zombies and made the game crap when so many of us were enjoying it at launch.

Again, you enjoy it, that’s fine. Some of us don’t. It is what it is.
No, telling people that they are lying to themselves about enjoying a video game is weird and is also putting people down, ill stand by what i wrote

One small thing that would make a big difference optically on FIFA is if there was more visible back lift on passing. There is one particular animation which has been around for quite a few years, when you play a certain through ball where they do it and the pass is so much more satisfying than all of the others. I don’t recall seeing it in 22 though.

No, telling people that they are lying to themselves about enjoying a video game is weird and is also putting people down, ill stand by what i wrote
You’re far too sensitive when it comes to this mate. Who said you are lying to yourself?! Where do you get these ideas?

Please, actually find a post where I have said that Hitman is “lying to himself about enjoying FIFA 22”?

You’re far too sensitive when it comes to this mate. Who said you are lying to yourself?! Where do you get these ideas?

Please, actually find a post where I have said that Hitman is “lying to himself about enjoying FIFA 22”?

Just end this here right. Your just fanning flames and inviting responses that will devour the thread.

Thanks in anticipation.

One small thing that would make a big difference optically on FIFA is if there was more visible back lift on passing. There is one particular animation which has been around for quite a few years, when you play a certain through ball where they do it and the pass is so much more satisfying than all of the others. I don’t recall seeing it in 22 though.

I'd love that. However, logically, it would come at the expense of responsiveness and that's a Neddy No-No. Can you imagine the backlash?! 😄

What was the dudes name who supported Portsmouth and passed away? It seems he was the only one at EA trying to make a truly immersive game. But I got to say this game has a lot of things I hoped for. It would be nice if we had the ability to mix kits and purchase boots. Why take away the catalogue ?

I've seen it in FIFA 16. Indeed very satisfying animation

This thread is like watching someone stood looking at a turd, trying to convince the world it isn't a turd.

Ultimately, it is a turd (FIFA 22 in this instance).

This thread is like watching someone stood looking at a turd, trying to convince the world it isn't a turd.

Ultimately, it is a turd (FIFA 22 in this instance).
Why are you wasting your time reading this thread then?

Back
Top Bottom