FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

My point ,from just watching FIFA 22 nowadays ,it looks shit Vs what you see on the TV watching a real game.
Movement ,no fouls (hardly) you have to slow it down to make it acceptable ,there's still a lot of skating ,players when playing a broadcast cam looks like they're on a weird rubber band.

But ,that's only watching it ,I know the FIFA games i still like playing looks equally bad ,but plays good enough for me
And that is what matters in the end.
So people claiming it's shit ,don't bother.
People claiming it's great ,don't bother.
There's acctually a way to have two thoughts at the same time.
I can't be bothered with this game due to the flaws it has.

Last edited:
What was the dudes name who supported Portsmouth and passed away? It seems he was the only one at EA trying to make a truly immersive game. But I got to say this game has a lot of things I hoped for. It would be nice if we had the ability to mix kits and purchase boots. Why take away the catalogue ?
Wasnt that Simon Humber who was in charge of WC2012 South Africa? Was a more arcadey title but a really fun game and alot of us say the last good Fifa.

Actually cannot believe what i have just played. Had a couple of bottles of red had a mix afterwards back in the day I'd love nothing more to listen to the mix back with some games of PES..... So tonight i made the mistake of playing Seasons...

i actually felt like a Gypo... My first response was "holy mother of god Jesus joney wtf is going on here dear lord"

The speed of the game... Holy fuck... Previous Fifas were fast online... Tonight it seemed it was fast x2.... The speed of the gameplay is just insane... Infact using the term gameplay is being to kind to EA because it was absolutely disturbing how bad the gameplay actually was.

Who at EA is playing this game and thinking yeah this is football? Absolute clowns man. I actually cannot believe this is the same game im playing from release date.... Are EA trying to steal Ubisofts crown back as worse games developer?

2nd game online... Liverpool v Citeh

I try to play football as Lpool but im getting destroyed by HT 2 nil and not getting anywhere... So change to attack and just go ping pong as much as possible. By 70 mins im 4-2 up and then i decide ive had enough. Its just not what i want from a football game.

The game now is utterly disgusting. To me it plays more like a basketball game or Ice Hockey game. I actually cannot believe the state its in. Feels like im playing every shit Fifa since 2014.

Gutted. How could they get it so right but then so wrong in such a short space of time? Really dont get it.

I seem hard to appreciate FIFA when you play online. The speed is insane but the worst thing is that what Fut fans wanted.

So if you want some football match, only offline you could approch this. I said approch and not reach.

FIFA is more and more arcade. EA can bring us a marvellous game but most of FUT players didn't want that. They want to score and score again and again and again.

I'll worked on sliders forever I think. It's sad but true like said the Four Horsemen.

Played with Villa away last night vs Norwich. Won this 1:2, 77/60ish pass acc, 3 yellows, 5 fouls. World class, slow, OS sliders.
that was quite an entertaining match. But I have to admit that I’m not playing as much as I did a few weeks ago.

Hadn't played in quite some time due to the plethora of more interesting games out and being somewhat disappointed with gameplay after one of the earlier patches. Went back to it today to play online with a mate. HOLY COW.
What the hell happened? I really liked this game when it came out, the slow speed, the fun of useful attacking build-up-play and the general feel of the game...best FIFA in ages. Then they started messing with it and what I played today...that had absolutely nothing in common with the vanilla gameplay.
It fell absolutely horrible.

We played two matches scoring 9+ goals in both of them as defenders and keepers were nothing short of horrendous and idiotic, could have scored way more goals and the gave up on FIFA preferring to play some 2k online. The game had some ludicrous speed and the defending player could barely keep up. The AI too seemed to refuse to defend or track runs. What an absolutely horrible experience. I'm quite astounded as I loved the release edition of the game.

In terms of AI and variety, I really think this game is quite underrated. My experience is with my slider set and my tactical adjustment (highly recommend you guys try these together, but each to his own) and I’m seeing so much variety from the CPU - far more than most other football games out there.

I played some games yesterday and I’m really not seeing any distinct patterns of play from the AI. In the games I played some of what I saw included; a 30 yard long range goal, cross and a headed goal, through balls in behind, goal from a corner, cut back, volley attempt, misplaced short and long passes, passes back to the keeper, long balls over the top, switches of play. Oh and no ping-pong whatsoever. I’m not having crazy goal fests and I think defensively (especially on legendary) the CPU is making it very challenging to create.

I know lots have walked away from this game, but remember in almost all of our favourites, we’ve returned to them and adjusted settings to find the sweet spot. I know it’s not perfect, but there‘a definitely a game in here guys. I don’t mean to be preaching for the game either, I just want to provide an alternative perspective for those who might be missing out on what I think is a pretty solid experience.

You have said everything.
The game is not perfect but with patience, we could have a very nice experience with no tikitaka.
I've made 3 games Yesterday with Olympique de Marseille.

A short Victory 0-1 between AJ Auxerre with a header from Dieng at 88".

A good victory 3-1 versus Strasbourg with the return of Thauvin with his spécial with his left foot.

A strong victory 0-2 vs AS Monaco with again Thauvin and Plea.

Ligue Uber Eat seams slower thanPremier League. Maybe because of lower players.

The game versus Auxerre was very slow and enjoyable. The defense was very hard to break!
The goals were nice

When I was enjoying that Aston Villa match lately, little did I know what I was really missing. So last night I deleted FIFA 22 and installed the vanilla from scratch. I applied the operation sports community Sliders, Version 2b, and what can I say: it’s a different game!
World class, slow, 10 min, FUMA!
That physicality, that slow turning AI, the more variable patterns from the AI, the speed, and the randomness including first touch is a whole different story! Sure, keepers are a bit more of a problem here, and slow speed does f up the tactics a bit, but in a grand scheme: I’m staying with the vanilla now/again! …for now that is.

When I was enjoying that Aston Villa match lately, little did I know what I was really missing. So last night I deleted FIFA 22 and installed the vanilla from scratch. I applied the operation sports community Sliders, Version 2b, and what can I say: it’s a different game!
World class, slow, 10 min, FUMA!
That physicality, that slow turning AI, the more variable patterns from the AI, the speed, and the randomness including first touch is a whole different story! Sure, keepers are a bit more of a problem here, and slow speed does f up the tactics a bit, but in a grand scheme: I’m staying with the vanilla now/again! …for now that is.
I find the most up to date version far more stable on next gen , I have a few sliders but nothing drastic to suit my taste and then I'll only adjust my defensive line higher and assign step up across my back line. Game is superb , so varied and a decent challenge too

I find the most up to date version far more stable on next gen , I have a few sliders but nothing drastic to suit my taste and then I'll only adjust my defensive line higher and assign step up across my back line. Game is superb , so varied and a decent challenge too
Well, I find the physicality is partly massively gone now. AI turns and glides more around you and such… and this is not happening here as much, noticeable. Even the passing around the box part is better in the vanilla. It’s more human and organic…! much more! Shots on target by AI are more organic too. Lots of wobble, lots of scrambles, lots of ball looseness… what a difference. More midfield battles due to ball looseness and AI not being so clinical.
install the vanilla and give it a try, see for yourself. To me, both versions are night and day. At least what I want from a football video game is better represented in the vanilla version.

edit: Players getting their legs out, players jumping for lost balls, players trying to reach a lost ball, player stumbling over each other and falling, players battling with their bodies in a more physical way… All those small details that make a football game unique, life like, were butchered to have the game (presuming here) “rolling more in flow”. Who needs all that crazy stuff between a goal and celebrations, right?! ;) this is not meant towards you pal, it’s towards EA!

edit: while I am at it, @Matt10 : v2b is the correct (suitable) version to apply to the vanilla?! That was the time when we had sprint on 5. Anything to add here, based on the more of knowledge you got with the game the last weeks?!

Last edited:
You have said everything.
The game is not perfect but with patience, we could have a very nice experience with no tikitaka.
I've made 3 games Yesterday with Olympique de Marseille.

A short Victory 0-1 between AJ Auxerre with a header from Dieng at 88".

A good victory 3-1 versus Strasbourg with the return of Thauvin with his spécial with his left foot.

A strong victory 0-2 vs AS Monaco with again Thauvin and Plea.

Ligue Uber Eat seams slower thanPremier League. Maybe because of lower players.

The game versus Auxerre was very slow and enjoyable. The defense was very hard to break!
The goals were nice
Seriously... Goalkeepers are a fucking joke in this game. Like come on, the two last goals the ball passes right by the side of the GK and he doesn't even try to reach. A freaking joke, for real.

Seriously... Goalkeepers are a fucking joke in this game. Like come on, the two last goals the ball passes right by the side of the GK and he doesn't even try to reach. A freaking joke, for real.
Yeah, GKs are broken! Choosing the wrong animation sometimes, beeing non-human in other situations...

i do like the overall GK animations in the game; just the choosing of the appropriate animation when it’s needed aint their strength!

Yeah, GKs are broken! Choosing the wrong animation sometimes, beeing non-human in other situations...

i do like the overall GK animations in the game; just the choosing of the appropriate animation when it’s needed aint their strength!
Yeah, they seem quite dumb. I prefer them quite much more on PES 2021, tbh.

Back
Top Bottom